Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827464 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
ankprank: hi

I had applied under 1112 category and have recd a mail from cic mentioning UCI no of 8 digits and containing "a positive determination of eligibility to be processed" is this the PER letter what we can assume and if yes then what should be the next steps.

Congratulations!

That is your PER!

The next step is to start preparations to land in Canada grin!

You will get to hear/read from your visa office (as indicated on your application form) the next step. They will probably send you an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) of your application as forwarded by the CIO Nova Scotia or ask you to proceed to have your medical examination at the designated medical centre for your country.

At every step,you will receive communication from your visa office regarding what is to be done...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ankprank: 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
Thank yoou veryyyyyyyyyyyyy muuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dear solomonwise you and this blog has helped ppl like us very much.

solomonwis:

Congratulations!

That is your PER!

The next step is to start preparations to land in Canada grin!

You will get to hear/read from your visa office (as indicated on your application form) the next step. They will probably send you an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) of your application as forwarded by the CIO Nova Scotia or ask you to proceed to have your medical examination at the designated medical centre for your country.

At every step,you will receive communication from your visa office regarding what is to be done...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2014

I had applied under 1112 category and have recd a mail from cic mentioning UCI no of 8 digits and containing "a positive determination of eligibility to be processed" is this the PER letter what we can assume and if yes then what should be the next steps.
Congrats
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
solomonwis:

I owe it to prospective applicants this obligation to bring information that are considered important in ensuring a stress/struggle free application.

Regarding the inclusion of transcripts in the application for FSWP,let me make the following submission:

1. The checklist states Under Proof of Education that "To receive point for education,you must provide proof that you have completed a Canadian Secondary or post-secondary educational program OR submit an original ECA report along with proof of the foreign educational credential(s) for which you are claiming points.."

The instruction went further to state.." Proof of your completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of:
(a)secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates,diplomas or degrees)
(b) transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies,if available

It is therefore important for prospective applicants not to throw caution in the wind...CIC has got nothing to lose but the applicants.

2. What does it cost to include copies of transcripts if it cost a whole lot to carry out an assessment of educational credentials? To my mind,it cost next to nothing..so why not include it in the application?

3.If the transcripts are not available (as I understand some educational institutions don't issue out student copies),why not include a cover letter as to why the transcripts are not available? Again,this also cost absolutely nothing! It is to guard against any reason for rejection...

I would rather include my transcripts and be free from anxiety than not include it and begin to think if one has done the right thing..

To cap it all up, here is a reason for which an application was rejected recently: "...Incomplete Application, educational documents not submitted with ECA..."

Some people might have scaled the hurdle not including their proof of completed educational qualification(s) along with their ECA result,it doesn't make it absolutely right...

It is better to err on the side of caution
Yes! We are on same page. I am not trying to dissuade prospective applicants from sending their transcript along side their application. Just that if it is not available, they can go ahead to continue their application. However, the suggestion you gave of a cover letter will still fly.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bjayzeez: 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
Loool.... 10 weeks tho. This thing takes forever. We. Still have another 30 month wait in Accra ain't it?

Anyways, could you post here some of the relevant docs. I've seen it a few posts backhttp://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines/1. I'm sure there would be a few additions .

Do I still need to submit my WAEC or spend my 12k (for courier) on the necessary chill pills ?

seunlovesa:

Yeah.. They have seen all your transcripts and your application reviewed for completeness. You have another 8-10weeks to wait before they will assess your credentials. Take " chill pill" and continue gathering other documents
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
I think of all the designated Bodies doing ECA, ICAS takes the longest time to complete. 8-10 weeks of waiting on "Q" before u get your COMPLETED application assessed. Nothing lost if you send your waec certificate and scratch card too.

quote author=bjayzeez]Loool.... 10 weeks tho. This thing takes forever. We. Still have another 30 month wait in Accra ain't it?

Anyways, could you post here some of the relevant docs. I've seen it a few posts backhttp://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines/1. I'm sure there would be a few additions .

Do I still need to submit my WAEC or spend my 12k (for courier) on the necessary chill pills ?

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2014
seunlovesa: I think of all the designated Bodies doing ECA, ICAS takes the longest time to complete. 8-10 weeks of waiting on "Q" before u get your COMPLETED application assessed. Nothing lost if you send your waec certificate and scratch card too.

quote author=bjayzeez]Loool.... 10 weeks tho. This thing takes forever. We. Still have another 30 month wait in Accra ain't it?

For the benefit of those that used or want to use ICAS for credential evaluation, kindly see below the status report of mine. This will guide you on how long you have to wait for the report to be sent.

File Status
The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
08/21/2014 Report Sent
08/19/2014 Assessment Report ready for editing
08/12/2014 Assessment in Progress
06/23/2014 Additional Info / Documents Received
06/13/2014 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
06/10/2014 Additional Info / Documents Received
06/03/2014 Additional Info / Documents Received
05/20/2014 Application Received
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:09am On Aug 22, 2014

Hello ankprank.
When did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by conyema12(m): 8:43am On Aug 22, 2014
Guys is it true that WES does not accept Transcript from the university of Port Harcourt. ..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:09am On Aug 22, 2014
conyema12: Guys is it true that WES does not accept Transcript from the university of Port Harcourt. ..

Yes. It's on their website.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by conyema12(m): 9:33am On Aug 22, 2014
Meritl:

Yes. It's on their website.

nawaa o my MSc is from Uniport oh . Is there any other evaluation body apart from WES
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
conyema12:

nawaa o my MSc is from Uniport oh . Is there any other evaluation body apart from WES

Check this link to see that WES "blacklisted" UNIPORT
https://www.wes.org/apply/requiredpop.asp?ctry=119&section=1

You can use other verifying agencies found in the link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
conyema12:

Meritl:

Check this link to see that WES "blacklisted" UNIPORT
https://www.wes.org/apply/requiredpop.asp?ctry=119&section=1

You can use other verifying agencies found in the link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
Further to the given link above,find below a follow up of the list of the evaluating agencies...
http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces
http://www.icascanada.ca/fsw/home.aspx
http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/
http://mcc.ca/repository/educational-credential-assessment/
http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3374/la_id/1.htm
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by conyema12(m): 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by conyema12(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
Can i just evaluate only MSc transcript or do I need to evaluate that with my BSc as well.

Pls do I also need my WAEC for all these evaluations.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twentyfourseven: 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
@damkollins, @solomonwis and all,

Consider this scenario:

Someone has a B.sc in Mechanical Engrg, but wants to use Construction superintendent/ Project Co-ordinator's
experience which was gotten for the last 3 years for this application. He also has one year of Mechanical Engineering experience before assuming that role.

But, Looking at the NOC details, Construction superintendent/ Project Co-ordinator is under NOC 0711 and I have problems with two of the requirements:

A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is usually required

Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.

Now, the questions are:

• Will the application fly, knowing that Civil Engineering degree is usually reqd?

• Should the psn apply under NOC2132 which is Mechanical Engrg?

• Is 3-4 years considered extensive enough to meet above requirements?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
conyema12: Can i just evaluate only MSc transcript or do I need to evaluate that with my BSc as well.

Pls do I also need my WAEC for all these evaluations.

Thanks

If you will be using CES (Which I used and prefer), You do not need WAEC. But You need to evaluate all your completed Post secondary certificates especially if they are prerequisites eg BSC & MSC
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
twentyfourseven: @damkollins, @solomonwis and all,

Consider this scenario:

Someone has a B.sc in Mechanical Engrg, but wants to use Construction superintendent/ Project Co-ordinator's
experience which was gotten for the last 3 years for this application. He also has one year of Mechanical Engineering experience before assuming that role.

But, Looking at the NOC details, Construction superintendent/ Project Co-ordinator is under NOC 0711 and I have problems with two of the requirements:

A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is usually required

Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.

Now, the questions are:

• Will the application fly, knowing that Civil Engineering degree is usually reqd?

• Should the psn apply under NOC2132 which is Mechanical Engrg?

• Is 3-4 years considered extensive enough to meet above requirements?

Thanks

Work experience is of paramount importance in this scenario. The question is,does the person in question carry out the main duties as specified in the NOC...Please go through the below extracted from the operational guideline of the CIC regarding the processing of FSWP.

Pursuant to R75(2)(a), the applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
In order to meet the minimum requirements, the applicant’s skilled work experience must:
 have occurred within the 10 years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
 not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.
Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted. However, current information, refer to the CIC website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp.
In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have:
 performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
 performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The “Employment Requirements” listed in the NOC description for each occupation are not applicable.

In other words,your qualification is important to secure points under education but does not affect the assessment of your work experience neither does your job title..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hi Solomon
Can you please help me with that link through which one can update once application i.e. sending a new document or change of status etc. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
ifechukwukamso: Hi Solomon
Can you please help me with that link through which one can update once application i.e. sending a new document or change of status etc. Thanks

Here is the link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

I understand the link has been down for sometime ( the same case with most of the visa offices CSE). As back up,you can send a mail to this email: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
Meritl:

Hi Meta.
What is the application year for those who got it recently.

it was 2013 applications
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
unibadan:

For the benefit of those that used or want to use ICAS for credential evaluation, kindly see below the status report of mine. This will guide you on how long you have to wait for the report to be sent.

File Status
The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
08/21/2014 Report Sent
08/19/2014 Assessment Report ready for editing
08/12/2014 Assessment in Progress
06/23/2014 Additional Info / Documents Received
06/13/2014 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
06/10/2014 Additional Info / Documents Received
06/03/2014 Additional Info / Documents Received
05/20/2014 Application Received

thanks alot, i'm on the 4th stage from the bottom, really helpful.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
seunlovesa: I think of all the designated Bodies doing ECA, ICAS takes the longest time to complete. 8-10 weeks of waiting on "Q" before u get your COMPLETED application assessed. Nothing lost if you send your waec certificate and scratch card too.

send in your WEAC and the scratch card, its important under ICAS.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
damkollins:
Congrats

wow! congrats please when did you apply? 2013 or this 2014?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 11:52pm On Aug 22, 2014

pls when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bjayzeez: 5:22am On Aug 23, 2014
meta4:

send in your WEAC and the scratch card, its important under ICAS.

Ok thanks I will.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 6:29am On Aug 23, 2014
Thanks very much.
God Bless
solomonwis:

Here is the link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

I understand the link has been down for sometime ( the same case with most of the visa offices CSE). As back up,you can send a mail to this email: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twentyfourseven: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
solomonwis:

Work experience is of paramount importance in this scenario. The question is,does the person in question carry out the main duties as specified in the NOC...Please go through the below extracted from the operational guideline of the CIC regarding the processing of FSWP.

Pursuant to R75(2)(a), the applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
In order to meet the minimum requirements, the applicant’s skilled work experience must:
 have occurred within the 10 years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
 not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.
Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted. However, current information, refer to the CIC website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp.
In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have:
 performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
 performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The “Employment Requirements” listed in the NOC description for each occupation are not applicable.

In other words,your qualification is important to secure points under education but does not affect the assessment of your work experience neither does your job title..

Thank you. This helps a great deal.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
damkollins:
[b]Madam...I commend your effort and I will still encourage you to do more.
As good as your hubby's result is,the only dark spot is the reading aspect where he got 5.5.The standard requirement is that a principal applicant needs to get minimum of 6 band marks in ALL 4 language tests in a sitting.Scoring high band marks in 3 while one is less than 6 is considered insufficient for FSW application as a principal applicant.
For now,evaluate your hubby's points needed to make 67 points,Let him register for a new IELTS general test(Compulsorily because the current one can not fly).
Encourage him to strive to make minimum 6 band marks in all the four test (L,W,S&R) and he will be cool with the result.
In encouraging him and not to take any chances,if you can afford it,you can register also....for you,you don't need to score up to 6 band marks to donate your adaptability points of 5 marks to the family.With barely 4 band marks in all four tests,the five points is assured and guaranteed.
For now,let him register as soon as he can.If you don't have materials for practice,ask here on the forum leaving your email address,it will be forwarded to you.
I wish you the very best.
Cheers.[/b]

please i need the IELTS practice material. omozogie@yahoo.com, meta4ng@gmail.com
thanks alot

thanks but the email was truncated due to size. any other way possible, even if sent in 2 or more parts. thanks, appreciate it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AyaNiyi: 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omasa: 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
[quote author=queen47]

Finally nmc has sent d verification to wes after so long.report shld be ready by 2nd week sept .I hope its not too late by then.how far hav u gone wit urs

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.