Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827659 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hollaugo: 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hello Guys,

Can I make the bank draft out in USD for the 550 Dollars. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
hollaugo: Hello Guys,
Can I make the bank draft out in USD for the 550 Dollars. Thanks
NOOOOOOOOO .
The instruction says in Canadian dollars.
Beware .....don't make the mistake as your application will have payment issue during processing and sadly,your application will be returned back to you "Un~Processed".
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blessbunmi(f): 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
damkollins:
If you are a first time applicant ,UCI is of no use to you when filling your form.
Are you a first time applicant?
Cheers.
. I'm a first time applicant.please what is the minimum IELTS score of an accompaning spouse that is acceptable?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blessbunmi(f): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
You mentioned CLB 4[b][/b],What is the meaning?Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
ferdimako:
Ur husband needs bands that will bring in 22-24 points from IELTS and u will need no one less than 4 to bring home 5points. The transcript of PhD is enough for his 25 points but if that of M.Sc is readily available, include it. While the latter is extra cash for that school...it isn't for WES. However, they go straight from the school or made to appear official. How many years has he worked?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
He has worked for close to 25yrs as a lecturer
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by boltemi: 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
blessbunmi: You mentioned CLB 4[b][/b],What is the meaning?Thanks

Pls respond to the question and I will also like to ask what is the best and minimum score required of the primary applicant
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
blessbunmi: . I'm a first time applicant.please what is the minimum IELTS score of an accompaning spouse that is acceptable?
First time applicant ......don't worry about UCI.
For accompanying ,you need to understand that it's not compulsory for an accompanying spouse to write IELTS test.
Have you evaluated yourself and discovered that a spouse IELTS is needed to give additional 5 points ?
If you have 67 points and above already ,spouse IELTS is not needed......but if you have between 62 and 66 points after doing self evaluation,then you need spouse IELTS.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
boltemi:

Pls respond to the question and I will also like to ask what is the best and minimum score required of the primary applicant
The best point for principal applicant is 24 points.
The best minimum points is 16 points.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 01, 2014
livepluslife: He has worked for close to 25yrs as a lecturer
Nice...that is 15 points. ..the school should prepare his duties stating d salary and years of engagement. U guys do the rest.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blessbunmi(f): 10:59am On Sep 01, 2014
Thanks for your prompt response.My husband is a physiotherpist and he is the primary applicant.He wants to take genaral IELTS for the purpose of migration and to be able to register with his professional body in canada.can I take IELtS academic because I intend studying there or must I also take general so as to support his certification?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by samakh: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

As most of you are aware of the fact that Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is required if one is applying for immigration under Federal Skilled Worker Visa Programme. I am a CFA charterholder and my past work experience should be accepted for NOC 1113 titled Securities Agents, Investment Dealers and Brokers.

My question is am I supposed to obtain ECA for CFA designation?

CFA charter is recognized globally and quite popular in Canada by employers and regulatory bodies equally. More and more employers in the investment management industry desire the CFA designation when considering prospective employees. Regulatory bodies also look favourably upon it when considering applicants for membership.

Please guide me. Thanks

P.S. I am including two links in this email which might help you to address my case if this is the first time you received a query like this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/credentials/who-is-involved.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 11:40am On Sep 01, 2014
ferdimako:
Nice...that is 15 points. ..the school should prepare his duties stating d salary and years of engagement. U guys do the rest.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 11:42am On Sep 01, 2014
Hello peeps,

I have asked this question before, but seems no response is coming forth.

In the FSW form, you will discovered that some spaces provided can not contain what u want to type. You will find that, it shortens what you intend typing. As this situation arise, what is the best option to be considered. Is it to neglect the question on the form, and write on plain sheet while referring to the question or, print the form and fill by hand.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 11:43am On Sep 01, 2014
Pls ferdimako am I including the letter from the school in the application? Can you kindly list important documents, letters and credentials that should be in the application. I know it's lots of work but would be grateful if anyone can help.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2014
unibadan: Hello peeps,

I have asked this question before, but seems no response is coming forth.

In the FSW form, you will discovered that some spaces provided can not contain what u want to type. You will find that, it shortens what you intend typing. As this situation arise, what is the best option to be considered. Is it to neglect the question on the form, and write on plain sheet while referring to the question or, print the form and fill by hand.

Thank you.
I'm sure the question have been generally answered prior to this time......let me repeat the generic response as stated in CIC instruction.
If you win yourself in the situation you have described above,you can simply make or design an additional sheet and type the remaining information on it afterwhich you will put the name of the form,your personal details,NOC,date and sign it.
Another way is to print it out and use black pen to complete the remaining part ....this is instructed and acceptable by CIC.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
livepluslife: Pls ferdimako am I including the letter from the school in the application? Can you kindly list important documents, letters and credentials that should be in the application. I know it's lots of work but would be grateful if anyone can help.
The letter of reference listing hubby's duties,monthly nd annual salary detail,employment date and working hours is a MUST to be submitted.
Other supporting documents to be included are his payslips,employment letters,promotion letters and any other official documents that tie him to his duties .
Photocopies of Bithdate certificate for you and hubby ,biodata page,marriage certificate,statement of accounts,e.t.c.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
I went to BC to enquire about my IELTS result and I was told the system picked it up for quality reassessment and it will be released in 2weeks. Has anyone experienced such before and why is that?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blessbunmi(f): 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
Thanks for your prompt response.My husband is a physiotherapist and he is the primary applicant.He wants to take genaral IELTS for the purpose of migration and to be able to register with his professional body in canada.can I take IELtS academic because I intend studying there or must I also take general so as to support his certification?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
jangirova: Hello guys, just want to know whether WES sends academic certificate for verification online or via regular mails /courier to schools. My school is yet to receive any doc from WES though my account read 'awaiting doc. verification from school' .Almost 2 wks now.
Hello have you recieved verification?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
gogochocolate: Is there any hope for does of us applying for noc 2147 when our respective schools in nigeria are engrossed in bureaucracy. I guess this is how we lose out to indians and asians. Canada ought to bring in diversity into this selection. It toke me over 2 months to get my transcripts from uniben to send to wes.i have almost given up but after scoring an 8.5 average in my ielts i think it would be an injustice to lose out like this considering all the time and efforts i have invested

Have you done your evaluation yet
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
samakh: Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

As most of you are aware of the fact that Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is required if one is applying for immigration under Federal Skilled Worker Visa Programme. I am a CFA charterholder and my past work experience should be accepted for NOC 1113 titled Securities Agents, Investment Dealers and Brokers.

My question is am I supposed to obtain ECA for CFA designation?

CFA charter is recognized globally and quite popular in Canada by employers and regulatory bodies equally. More and more employers in the investment management industry desire the CFA designation when considering prospective employees. Regulatory bodies also look favourably upon it when considering applicants for membership.

Please guide me. Thanks

P.S. I am including two links in this email which might help you to address my case if this is the first time you received a query like this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/credentials/who-is-involved.asp

No matter where you obtain your qualification,as long as it is not from a Canadian educational institution (not minding the global recognition accorded the qualification),you'd have to send it for evaluation.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
blessbunmi: Thanks for your prompt response.My husband is a physiotherapist and he is the primary applicant.He wants to take genaral IELTS for the purpose of migration and to be able to register with his professional body in canada.can I take IELtS academic because I intend studying there or must I also take general so as to support his certification?

For the purpose of FSWP, only General Training IELTS is acceptable both for the PA and the spouse.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by VCTROKOYE: 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please I'm presently studying in Canada but I am interested in Canadian federal skilled stuff. My question is that do I have to have the $11,000 in my account too.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
VCTROKOYE: Please I'm presently studying in Canada but I am interested in Canadian federal skilled stuff. My question is that do I have to have the $11,000 in my account too.

Yes,the only exemption is if you have an arranged employment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by VCTROKOYE: 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
please at what time do I have to show the money. I have some money now but I need to pay my fee any day in next week
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
VCTROKOYE: please at what time do I have to show the money. I have some money now but I need to pay my fee any day in next week
The(Your) statement of account needs to show this amount at the initial time of submission.
Only you know the submission time you scheduled for your application package.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
VCTROKOYE: please at what time do I have to show the money. I have some money now but I need to pay my fee any day in next week

The idea behind proof of settlement fund is to show one's capability of economic power such that no one suffers as a result of the application. Technically,the fund is meant to be available all through the application period until you land in Canada but realistically this fund cannot be kept in the account throughout the period.However,you must be able to produce this fund anytime during the application process it is demanded (and it must not be borrowed).

Once you can produce this fund at anytime it is requested by the Visa office (and have proof that the fund is not encumbered in any way),then you are covered. You must remember not to arouse any suspicion that this fund is "borrowed" (even if really and truly,the fund has not been borrowed).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
livepluslife: Pls ferdimako am I including the letter from the school in the application? Can you kindly list important documents, letters and credentials that should be in the application. I know it's lots of work but would be grateful if anyone can help.

Do not forget to do same for children.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
judeje: @ Solomon wise
Please my husband and I applied for the fswp last year and out application is being processed and money has been taken from our account...but suddenly last week we recieved an email that we should elaborate our job duties and provide more evidence of our engineering experience...why is this coming after almost 6months of application? And is this an indication of imminent refusal?
judeje:
We applied together, as one application....
judeje: We applied in august last year, thats about a year ago and the letter we got was sent from AVO...my hubby is the principal applicant and the letter was adressed to him. When i say suddenly i mean that I thought we have passed that stage already
judeje: We applied in August and it was received in November abd that's when we were charged

[b]I wish to make clarification of the posts above last weekend that seems to bring a lot of concern to applicants (Post/Pre).
"judeje" is a Nigerian resident out of Nigeria.
Hubby is the principal applicant(FSW2013/2014) so when she said "we"...she's been passionate about the family....in the actual sense,she's referring to hubby's application as principal application while she and the family are dependants.
Their (Hubby's) local visa office is London Visa Office and not Accra Visa Office.
Her affirmative response of AVO was meant to be Authorized Visa Officer and not Accra Visa Office.
London Visa office wants more evidence regarding hubby's job experience mainly because supporting documents were not included at the submission stage (Lesson learnt...applicants should always try to include supporting documents for their Job duties e.g Payslips,employment letter,promotion letter e.t.c)
The Local Visa Office wrote them to send additional documents to show that the experience was actually performed as detailed in the letter of experience and they have responded to the local visa office.

I got the detail above from "judeje" herself and I'm sure she will correct any additions/error from my reported speech if any exist.
I went the extra length to get in touch with her to clear doubts which came up of after her posts and request.
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dotsngr: 6:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
damkollins:
If they are truly not applicable to you......don't worry,you are safe.
Cheers

@Damkolins thanks. Its a relief to hear. the jittery part is the waiting time.
Hmmm, It is well. Will keep you updated
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bcolah(f): 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hi, I am new here. Just want know if anyone who wrote IELTS on AUG 16 has been able to successfully check his/her result online or collected from British council.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.