Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! (1357 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / “the Issues Of Biafra Was Settled In 1970″ – ACF Blasts Ndigbo Leaders / Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by zuma4k(m): 11:38am On May 04, 2013
Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra was our Greatest
Mistake — Asari Dokubo
Leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force
(NDPVF), Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo Asari, late this
morning spoke about his anguish over the failure
by his people to allow the breakaway Republic of
Biafra to succeed.
Launched in 1967 by the old East under the
command of the late Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-
Ojukwu, Biafra was crushed three years after by
the Nigerian Government and its international
allies.
In a post on his Facebook wall around noon,
Dokubo regretted the role played by the then so
called eastern minorities in sabotaging Biafra. He
also cast his vote for an Igbo or Middle Belt
person to succeed President Goodluck Jonathan.
The post, which appears to be excerpts of a
speech delivered at a meeting of Niger Delta, Igbo
and Middle Belt groups, says thus:
"Today, if anything will stir me to fight, it is my
belief that Biafra was right. When I was growing
up, we were told a lot of things to hate Biafra.
Maybe some of us were persuaded. But the more I
grow up, the more I realize that it was the
greatest mistake we made for not allowing Biafra
to stand.
"You might not feel the pain that I feel, but if an
Igbo man does not feel the pain that I feel, I am
sorry for him. If an Urhobo man doesn't feel the
pain, I am sorry for him.
"What Ojukwu lived and died for, in the coming
years, we will see it with our eyes because of the
arrogance of a few people that were born to rule,
and everybody accepts it. When you want to talk
they say leave them alone. Why should I leave
them? If you don't bend your back, nobody will
ride you.
"For the first time in history, the divide and rule
tactics of those who have kept us down failed and
the Igbo voted more for President Jonathan than
the people of the South-South.
"Our gathering today is to bring the gathering of
the dispossessed and oppressed people of the
Middle Belt, Ndigbo people and the people of the
Niger Delta together and we are going to move
like a force.
"Let nobody be apologetic. What we want is
political power. Political power is the key to our
development and our dignity, and political power
we must own come 2015. If President Jonathan
says he is not contesting, we must hold on to the
presidency. Either an Igbo man takes it or
someone from the Middle Belt, we will continue to
hold it."

2 Likes

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 04, 2013
Asari,

They will call you names and insult you.
I can feel your pains too, but get these one thing straight.

Majority of us have moved on. We are no longer interested in "one" Nigeria.

We are going home to Biafra! The "Japan" of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by zuma4k(m): 9:36pm On May 09, 2013
noblezone: Asari,

... Yeah yeah
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 09, 2013
zuma4k: ... Yeah yeah

exactly
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:21pm On May 09, 2013
^^^
Asari + all posters above me = MUMU

Biafra ± Nigeria = wetin concern me!
noblezone: Asari,

as for u, u might want to have a brain transplant! Ur thinkin needs to be straightened, and be realistic!!!
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by inspirenet: 11:31pm On May 09, 2013
interesting
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by zuma4k(m): 9:41am On May 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: ^^^
Asari + all posters above me = MUMU

Biafra ± Nigeria = wetin concern me!
as for u, u might want to have a brain transplant! Ur thinkin needs to be straightened, and be realistic!!!
.... Pls explain why you must say xo...
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by Nobody: 11:48am On May 11, 2013
SLIDE waxie: ^^^

As for u, u might want to have a brain transplant! Ur thinkin needs to be straightened, and be realistic!!!

Bros, before the brain transplanting, I will need you to tutor me on what you mean by "realistic".
It is not enough to point out that I am lying without convincing me of the truth.
You ended up wasting the space here, for without an explanation, you only made noise.

Until you convince me otherwise why I must or should remain a Nigerian, I have moved on.
Biafra is beckoning me and I can't say know, especially when Nigeria is not helping matters.

I wish you well.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by 50calibre(m): 3:38pm On May 11, 2013
Worst of all, there is no guarantee Biafra would have or will be better of.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by AroOkigbo(m): 3:43pm On May 11, 2013
where are the mods?
front page things
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 11, 2013
50calibre: Worst of all, there is no guarantee Biafra would have or will be better of.

We have to have a good taste of Biafra to conclude.
Let us have Biafra, after 50 years, we'll consider whether Nigeria was better.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by OilCabal: 6:06pm On May 11, 2013
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by zuma4k(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2013
noblezone:

We have to have a good taste of Biafra to conclude.
Let us have Biafra, after 50 years, we'll consider whether Nigeria was better.
You know what, u are right Bro√√√.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by vedaxcool(m): 4:35pm On May 12, 2013
Wow someone is begging for S. eastern vote . . . If only Obj the crook was president, he would have locked up this slowpoke and toss away the keys . . . The man citizenship should be rescinded immediately . . . Playing politics with an issue as tragic as the civil war shows the depraved minds of individuals who surround the clueless oga at the top!
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by obilojayyahoo: 6:37pm On May 12, 2013
true talk asri dokubo.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by malc619(m): 6:44pm On May 12, 2013
Look at Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States... Can't you see how developed and progressive tese states are..??

That's what Biafra would have looked like.

cool cool
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo! by malc619(m): 6:47pm On May 12, 2013
vedaxcool: Wow someone is begging for S. eastern vote...

He'll sure get it. These folks gave him their votes when he added "Azikiwe" to his name and will give him again if he adds "Nneka" to his wife's name this time around.

(1) (Reply)

Is it True Patience Jonathan Is Sick / WesternNiger.com:Western NigeriaEmbassy,UK, Why Secession Allowed By Engr Musiwa / Anambra 2013 Election Is Between APGA And PDP- Victor Umeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.