Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo (845 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala Dancing To Psquare's 'Chop My Money' - Video / Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by fckyourman: 2:08pm On May 04, 2013
The cold war between former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the Goodluck Jonathan Administration has been resurrected again. The process started on Sunday at a thanksgiving service held in honour of a former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, in Abuja.

At the service that had many eminent Nigerians in attendance, Obasanjo said if the Goodluck Jonathan administration was keen on probing his government, it should come after him instead of using style to go after great men and woman who served under him.
Speaking on the chop chop nature of the Jonathan-led government...
Obasanjo flayed plans to set up a pipeline protection agency, saying it is another avenue for corruption.

Obasanjo said: “I have always said this, whatever you want to blame in my government, blame me; don’t blame any of those people who assisted me. If there is any credit to dispense, we share it. But for anything you want to say is wrong, I was the one in charge and I was in charge.”

Obasanjo, whose comments were necessitated by the war of words between Ezekwesili, and the Presidency over the $67bn the Jonathan administration inherited from his government, said he had absolute trust in those that worked under him, especially as ministers.

He continued, “Actually those who wanted to probe you (Ezekwesili), you should have asked them to go ahead because if they are honest, they would find out that the government should give you money for what you have done for this country without stealing money.”

Condemning the way Jonathan give the job of security agency's to his brothers, who are ex-militants, Obasanjo added that: “This (Sunday) morning, I was travelling from Abeokuta and I was listening to a radio station when I heard that they (government) are going to set up an agency for pipeline protection. Now, what are the police for? What are all the security agencies that we have doing? This is another chop chop."

Source:http://news.naij.com/32868.html
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by fckyourman: 3:43pm On May 04, 2013
hmm
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by doctokwus: 3:47pm On May 04, 2013
This is d same thing d clueless one will be saying wen he leaves office.Obasanjo shd take d blame for rigging YarAdua and GEJ into office,now see where we are& he has d guts to call any gov choP chop.What Obj shd b doing daily before Almighty God summons him is to b apologising to nigerians for giving us d most unfit human to rule us
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 04, 2013
OBJ = Old Political Relic in a Political Zoo called Otta Farm. Baba should just shut up and remain the past that he is. You did NOTHING and ABSOLUTELY nothing for your tribe. You foisted on us a total ignoble and semi-literate racist who now favors only his tribe and those licking his a$$ and you now consider that a problem? OBJ, you created this nightmare, go back to sleep and lets hear words.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by fckyourman: 5:15pm On May 04, 2013
doctokwus: This is d same thing d clueless one will be saying wen he leaves office.Obasanjo shd take d blame for rigging YarAdua and GEJ into office,now see where we are& he has d guts to call any gov choP chop.What Obj shd b doing daily before Almighty God summons him is to b apologising to nigerians for giving us d most unfit human to rule us
GBam

it was OBJ Fault
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by egift(m): 7:29pm On May 04, 2013
fckyourman:
GBam

it was OBJ Fault

Please stop this defense. When will you guys allow GEJ to take responsibility for his actions and inaction? Stop the blame game - its becoming pathetic.
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by fckyourman: 7:36pm On May 04, 2013
egift:

Please stop this defense. When will you guys allow GEJ to take responsibility for his actions and inaction? Stop the blame game - its becoming pathetic.

Okay OBy doesnt have a fault right
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by dlight1(m): 7:47pm On May 04, 2013
as right as obj may seem 2 b, he's nt well positioned 2 accuse Jonathan; it's just d case of a thief addressing a fellow thief as a thief, he does nt av d credibility 2 say dat. He's trying 2 exonerate himself of what he's more guilty of while accusing another what an irony
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by fckyourman: 8:32pm On May 04, 2013
d light: as right as obj may seem 2 b, he's nt well positioned 2 accuse Jonathan; it's just d case of a thief addressing a fellow thief as a thief, he does nt av d credibility 2 say dat. He's trying 2 exonerate himself of what he's more guilty of while accusing another what an irony

true i agree
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by egift(m): 9:27pm On May 04, 2013
fckyourman:

Okay OBy doesn't have a fault right

Whatever are the faults of OBJ, Jonathan now has the the opportunity to correct that and he is not doing much differently. Some folks are still blaming Lord Lugard for the problem of today.

I don't even mind should Jonathan lay bear valid evidence, jails all the politicians that have run this nation to the ground, death sentence for anyone that embezzle our money, keep a clean hands himself and use the resource of this nation to develop Nigeria.

Instead what we have is granting pardon to known criminals, employing/surrounding himself with thieves, over priced budget allocation to projects, militants as spoke persons, offering amnesty/tons of billions to criminals even when they are rejecting it, borrowing like no tomorrow, etc.
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by fckyourman: 10:38pm On May 04, 2013
d light: as right as obj may seem 2 b, he's nt well positioned 2 accuse Jonathan; it's just d case of a thief addressing a fellow thief as a thief, he does nt av d credibility 2 say dat. He's trying 2 exonerate himself of what he's more guilty of while accusing another what an irony

(1) (Reply)

Abia Prepares For Carnival / What Will You Do For Nigeria If You Happen To Become The President / Yuguda, Suswam Are Making The Biggest Political Mistake — Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.