Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Why Do Vehicles Break Down On Third Mainland Bridge - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Vehicles Break Down On Third Mainland Bridge (1186 Views)

Driver Almost Burnt Alive On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos) / Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Vehicles Break Down On Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 04, 2013
I have always wondered why vehicles break down on the bridge... And im certain people might have been wondering the same thing.

1) Is it diabolical?
2) Is it the traffic?
3) Is it the radiator?
4) Is it something people dont really imagine?

Car experts and owners please shed more light.
Re: Why Do Vehicles Break Down On Third Mainland Bridge by amdman: 7:01pm On May 04, 2013
Poor vehicle maintenance manifests when you are held up in traffic. So I give the number one position to TRAFFIC!
Re: Why Do Vehicles Break Down On Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 5:21am On May 05, 2013
Thanks amdman. Lots of people do not know why this happens and thats why I wish to get answers here.
Re: Why Do Vehicles Break Down On Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 7:56am On May 05, 2013
What you are asking is ®ε̲αƪƪƔ •̸№t as if Į̸̸̨ƭ happens τ̲̅ȍ everyone or well maintained cars.I have been using that bridge like forever and have never suffered a breakdown. Technically, in Lagos thats like the only good length of road τ̲̅ȍ fire up ur engine uninterupted.So cars that break down there had hidden issues so when fired up τ̲̅ȍ a certain speed comes trouble.gringringrin just a theory
Re: Why Do Vehicles Break Down On Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 8:41am On May 05, 2013
Lol @ your theory... Talking about firing up your engine... Im guessing you are a business man who ply third mainland bridge at the best of times... Say between 11-4pm.

Those of us who leave our houses early and close like six do not understand what you mean by firing-up... What we understand as regards motion on 3MB is "crawling".

Maybe I should have said when in traffic, why do vehicles break down on 3MB.
Re: Why Do Vehicles Break Down On Third Mainland Bridge by FindOut(m): 11:51am On May 05, 2013
Though this may/may not be a vague assumption (as I'm not an auto tech), I think more vehicles are prone to break downs when stuck in heavy traffic (as is usually the case on that bridge for at least 8 hrs out of 24 on d average week day) than when in constant motion.... for a myriad of reasons ranging from:

1) Cars currently in 'push to start' condition whose owners 'mistakenly' turn off the engine maybe due to low fuel or erroneously thinkin the low battery would have been charged up by the (now apparently defective) alternator;

2) Fuel tank empty (dude might have thought he will still be able to 'manage' the car till that filling station in front not knowing that Lagos traffic had other plans for him;

3) 'Overheating' issues which may due to a number of factors (from defective fan/wiring/ defective thermostat e.t.c.) that just require you to stay a tad long on one spot with ur engine running before 'showing face'.lol

4) Some very annoying kick starter issues that only come up when your engine gets really hot angry and would require you to cool down for your engine to cool down before the car starts again (had that experience a couple of times last year with the family car i used to drive then)

e.t.c. E.t.c. E.t.c.

& OP, diabolical Get serious man.lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Vehicles Break Down On Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 05, 2013
Find Out!:
Though this may/may not be a vague assumption (as I'm not an auto tech), I think more vehicles are prone to break downs when stuck in heavy traffic (as is usually the case on that bridge for at least 8 hrs out of 24 on d average week day) than when in constant motion.... for a myriad of reasons ranging from:

1) Cars currently in 'push to start' condition whose owners 'mistakenly' turn off the engine maybe due to low fuel or erroneously thinkin the low battery would have been charged up by the (now apparently defective) alternator;

2) Fuel tank empty (dude might have thought he will still be able to 'manage' the car till that filling station in front not knowing that Lagos traffic had other plans for him;

3) 'Overheating' issues which may due to a number of factors (from defective fan/wiring/ defective thermostat e.t.c.) that just require you to stay a tad long on one spot with ur engine running before 'showing face'.lol

4) Some very annoying kick starter issues that only come up when your engine gets really hot angry and would require you to cool down for your engine to cool down before the car starts again (had that experience a couple of times last year with the family car i used to drive then)

e.t.c. E.t.c. E.t.c.

& OP, diabolical Get serious man.lol

You got everything right bro... Yeah you got it right and I agree expressly.

@ diabolic, you know say na Africa we dey... Some people fit start to talk say na one mammy water for 3MB.

LMAO...

(1) (Reply)

Rugged SUV For Family / Does Ac Really Consume Fuel? / Meet The 1,100 HP Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 – The King Of Drag Racing (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.