Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk (34500 Views)

Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Netherlands Tourist Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by Sweetypie: 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2008
Hi everybody, i would like to know how long it takes in processing a tourist visa to UK, cos i submitted my application on the 25th of march and up till this moment, i am yet to get back the reply.  Initially, i was asked to check back after 10 working days and it has even passed 15 working days and whenever i call the vfs, they tell me they r still processing it,  i ve all my documents as genuine, cos the company i work for is the one sponsoring my trip

can somebody pls tell me if its always like dat?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by LondonCool(m): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2008
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by Vicjustice: 2:02am On Apr 17, 2008
LondonCool:

Send me your full names to my email address in my profile and I will give you a feedback on your application.
  Hey, why are you deviating the guy/lady from here shocked? Anyway, i can trust your intention. Cheers
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by funkybaby(f): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2008
@vicjustice
Are you expecting her to drop her full name and details here? Duh !
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by Sweetypie: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2008
@londoncool,
I dnt understand wat my data has 2 do wit the question i asked,
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by darkroll(m): 10:16am On Apr 17, 2008
Sweetypie:

@londoncool,
I dnt understand what my data has 2 do wit the question i asked,
Why dnt you jst do as londoncool as you to , I think the guy has some links at the High commission
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by funkybaby(f): 10:35am On Apr 17, 2008
@darkroll
Good thing you told her.

@sweety pie
He has got serious links oh! Me sef respect him. Just do as he has adviced. You are lucky sef. This is the first time i am seeing him wanting to use his 'insider' position to help. Most times, he only drops advice and he is off.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by funkybaby(f): 10:38am On Apr 17, 2008
However, if you are not comfortable with the idea, keep calling vfs on their office number. Do you have it?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by asanwa: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2008
@Swetiepie

The reason it is taking this long is because all your documents are real so they are looking for some flimsy loophole so they can reject it.
After rejection they will tell you that you have 28 days to appeal and you probably received it 17 days into the 28 days notice. But remember the 28 days starts from the day you received it and not the day they refused it.

I suggest you don't call the number because they have no clue. If you go there personally you will find out that it has already been issued/denied.
Unless you live very far away, I suggest you go there personally and find out what is going on. I am saying this because I went through the same thing last year
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by Sweetypie: 11:53am On Apr 17, 2008
@asanwa,
Thanks for your response, i had an experience like urs last yr january wen dey didnt return imy documents early whereas they ve already denied me on d 31 of jan, 2007 and i got my application on the 13th of febru where they were askin me to appeal b4 28 days.

@ all
the most annoyin part is, there is an insurance conference coming up in algeria which i am bein nominated 2 go frm d office cos i work in an insurance broking firm, but i dont ve my passport, so as to process the visa. Atleast, if they r not givin me the visa to uk, dey shld atleast return my documents with d passport.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by asanwa: 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2008
@Funkybaby,

You probably really and absolutely think that you know it all (it might perfectly be true in you head) however I am talking from experience.
I can (If you want) scan an email sent by the ECO to my employers bank and also the reply from the bank. All these were included in my appeal bundle sent to the immigration appeal center and to my representative in the UK.

When it comes to finances, the ECO's normally check the authenticity of bank statements themselves (even if their fraud section does it). They do not rely on the applicant because anyone can forge a letter of authenticity and say it came from their bank. They can even pay/ bribe a bank staff to write such a letter for them.

They email the banks (and from the email, it shows that the banks have sections that deal with the embassies) and then the banks send a confirmation.

Confirming that an employer works for you is hardly in the same category as confirming that someone has 100 million or less in their accounts (get it?).

As for me reading past post, they seem to have been deleted. Do you know where I can retrieve them (You seem to know everything)

As a matter of fact, I will definitely scan the email just to let you know that I am talking from experience and logically

DF
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by funkybaby(f): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2008
asanwa:

@Funkybaby,

You probably really and absolutely think that you know it all (it might perfectly be true in you head) however I am talking from experience.
I can (If you want) scan an email sent by the ECO to my employers bank and also the reply from the bank. All these were included in my appeal bundle sent to the immigration appeal center and to my representative in the UK.

When it comes to finances, the ECO's normally check the authenticity of bank statements themselves (even if their fraud section does it). They do not rely on the applicant because anyone can forge a letter of authenticity and say it came from their bank. They can even pay/ bribe a bank staff to write such a letter for them.

They email the banks (and from the email, it shows that the banks have sections that deal with the embassies) and then the banks send a confirmation.

Confirming that an employer works for you is hardly in the same category as confirming that someone has 100 million or less in their accounts (get it?).

As for me reading past post, they seem to have been deleted. Do you know where I can retrieve them (You seem to know everything)

As a matter of fact, I will definitely scan the email just to let you know that I am talking from experience and logically

DF

look mr man

stay off my freaking back

i can tell you point blank that a bank like union bank, ECO do not email, THEY CALL.

i am not going to have a silly arguement with someone that is probably still in a foul mood because BHC has just refused his visa application.

you are still yet to sort out your visa denial issues- so you are in no position to talk here. are you not the one on the visa appeal thread asking people to help you

if you are soooo freaking sharp, then sort out your appeal issues yourself.

D10, please where are you? Can you please come and confirm the call the bank made to the branch manager of the bank your father banks with when you applied for your student visa last year September
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by asanwa: 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2008
@Funkybaby

BTW you really don't have to swear, I was only expressing an opinion!

Don't worry,
My refusal shall be sorted out as I have been privately emailed. I have been told that the explanations my sister gave are all she need to give them.
and when I think about it, it makes sense. She has used so many phone companies and has hence had many phone numbers and as for her names, she has various variations and abbrev. of her Nigerian names (because oyibo find it difficult to spell or pronounce her name properly.) according to my sister, she has just paid and accessed the voters list online in the UK and found out that there are 3 variations of her name on the list.

So darling I am sorted. She said that all she needs to do is send in documents showing the name variations and also the voters list. She will also send in her old phone bills which show that she has had different phone numbers and at different times!

QED!!!!!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by asanwa: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2008
@funkybaby

BTW, I was never saying that they the ECO's do not call the banks, all I was saying is that they do not rely on a covering letter sent in by the applicant on behalf of the banks.

I said that the banks confirm the authenticity themselves. emailooooo, phone calloooooo, all na de same. I just was saying that the applicant doesn't not have to send in a covering letter of authenticity as the ECO's will confirm it themselves (and rightfully they should)
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by funkybaby(f): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2008
asanwa:

@Funkybaby

BTW you really don't have to swear, I was only expressing an opinion!

Don't worry,
My refusal shall be sorted out as I have been privately emailed. I have been told that the explanations my sister gave are all she need to give them.
and when I think about it, it makes sense. She has used so many phone companies and has hence had many phone numbers and as for her names, she has various variations and abbrev. of her Nigerian names (because oyibo find it difficult to spell or pronounce her name properly.) according to my sister, she has just paid and accessed the voters list online in the UK and found out that there are 3 variations of her name on the list.

So darling I am sorted. She said that all she needs to do is send in documents showing the name variations and also the voters list. She will also send in her old phone bills which show that she has had different phone numbers and at different times!

QED!!!!!

Good for you. You should spend your time in Church talking to God that BHC believes all she says rather than being here picking on unneccessary issues.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by funkybaby(f): 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2008
asanwa:

@funkybaby

BTW, I was never saying that they the ECO's do not call the banks, all I was saying is that they do not rely on a covering letter sent in by the applicant on behalf of the banks.

I said that the banks confirm the authenticity themselves. emailooooo, phone calloooooo, all na de same. I just was saying that the applicant doesn't not have to send in a covering letter of authenticity as the ECO's will confirm it themselves (and rightfully they should)

No document is EVER TOOOO MUCH FOR BHC.

Who would have ever thought that they would have picked on your sister's home number issues and now she has to mail them ALL HER PHONE BILLS, probably get letters from the council clarifying the discrepancies in your sister's name on the voter's list.

Not trying to sound nasty, but BHC might suspect that your sister is into fraud or something, Different phone numbers for the same house Different variations of the same name on the UK voter's list on the same house
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by asanwa: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2008
@funkybaby,
You probably do not know this, but my sister said it is legal for you to change phone companies whenever you like in the UK. she said that one might find cheaper call rates if one shops around. She said that if you phone company doesn't give you the service you want then you can change your phone company and also if you are getting nuisance phonecalls then your phone company can issue you with a new number.

My sister is also happy that she kept her all her phone bills for so long because some phone companies only keep records for 3 years! She is more than happy to give them the documents.

Thanks for your concern
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by darkroll(m): 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2008
Sweetypie:

@asanwa,
Thanks for your response, i had an experience like urs last yr january when dey didnt return imy documents early whereas they ve already denied me on d 31 of jan, 2007 and i got my application on the 13th of febru where they were askin me to appeal before 28 days.

@ all
the most annoyin part is, there is an insurance conference coming up in algeria which i am bein nominated 2 go frm d office because i work in an insurance broking firm, but i don't ve my passport, so as to process the visa. Atleast, if they r not givin me the visa to uk, dey shld atleast return my documents with d passport.
all i can tell you is that do as londoncool told you , he hardly helps people , but now he is offering to help you
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by funkybaby(f): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2008
@dark roll

Leave her. Them wan help her she no wan hear. I have practically told her the whole deal with londoncool.

Let her follow the advice of a guy that has had his visa denied few days ago, who is here seeking for advice so that the denial can be reversed ASAP - thanks to Akolawole who has offered to help the guy.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by IncaGold(m): 11:39pm On Apr 17, 2008
@funkybaby,
are u siena's (travel administrator) assistant? just curious, cos u r very active on this thread. can u recommend a gud biz sch for me in the uk? many thanks
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by funkybaby(f): 12:30am On Apr 18, 2008
@Incagold
There is a dedicated thread for visa enquiries oh, Lol. I'll answer this here but please lets talk about subsequent issues on the visa thread.

You are too lazy to use google or read the New York Times University League tables, abi? Lol. Anyway, i'll help you out.

Before, i can recommend any school, what course did you study at your undergraduate level and what course exactly do you have in mind for postgraduate study?

Do you intend applying for scholarship(some schools are generous with this than others), what is your budget regarding school fees (The likes of Imperial College, Lol or University of Wolverhampton).
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by IncaGold(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2008
@funkybaby,
very sorry for violating the rules of this thread, can i drop u a mail then, continue here or in another thread?
thinking of a masters programme in finance.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by D1O(m): 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2010
funkybaby:

look mr man

stay off my freaking back

i can tell you point blank that a bank like union bank, ECO do not email, THEY CALL.

i am not going to have a silly arguement with someone that is probably still in a foul mood because BHC has just refused his visa application.

you are still yet to sort out your visa denial issues- so you are in no position to talk here. are you not the one on the visa appeal thread asking people to help you

if you are soooo freaking sharp, then sort out your appeal issues yourself.

D10, please where are you? Can you please come and confirm the call the bank made to the branch manager of the bank your father banks with when you applied for your student visa last year September

Sadly, I have only just read this invitation from the fabulous funkybaby to clarify something and I never knew, two years later na him i dey read am, lol

I guess it's been all over taken by events now. Funky, how u dey?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by funkybaby(f): 10:57pm On Feb 23, 2010
D1O:

Sadly, I have only just read this invitation from the fabulous funkybaby to clarify something and I never knew, two years later na him i dey read am, lol

I guess it's been all over taken by events now. Funky, how u dey?

D10 shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Happy new decade year. Am fine, thanks. You?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by asewo(m): 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2012
Please folks i have similar issue and i keep checking on the tracking option it has been the same answer Visa still at the BHC ...and i have to be in Ghana on 1st of April for my sisters wedding, and i need my Ecowas passport....please good advice and assistance needed...
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by ginastone(f): 3:20am On Apr 21, 2012
@Londoncool, pls can u help me with mine? I tried gettind ur E-mail addy on ur profile, but its not there. My E-mail addy is queenbootillicious@yahoo.com, pls send me a mail so that I can send u my details. I applied since last month and av not heard any word from BHC. Its settlement visa. I'd appreciate it if u can help. Its very urgent. Thanks n God bless
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk by fisbel: 9:50am On Jul 03, 2012
Good day to you:

I applied for British Visa since June, 07, 2012 for a training that commences tomorrow. Till this moment, I am still being informed that the Form is being processed.

I was also at the Visa Office in Ikeja yesterday and was told same thing sad

Does anyone has any information that may assist.

Thanks in anticipation...

(1) (Reply)

The Dualization Of Oyo - Ogbomosho Road (Photos) / Don’t Open Your Car Trunk From Inside For Police Or Anyone / IMSU Student Crushed To Death By Trailer On His Way To Exam This Morning (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.