Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? (2537 Views)

Christians, How Often Do You Read The Bible? / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? / Catholic Christians, How Much Do You Know Your Faith?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 04, 2013
We have discussed the issue of slavery and christianity being a foreign religion but not extensively. I really want to ask a heartfelt question. Seriously.

How do you christians rationalize the fact that you are following a Jewish God? How do you rationalise that most churches up till the 18th/19th centuries were supporting slavery of black people with the bible? How do deal with the fact that it is impossible for you as a black person or Nigerian to be a descendant of hebrew-named people (Adam and Eve) due to the fact that Nigeria has a history older than hebrew?

This is not an attack. This a question that really bothers me as I saw a comment here on a thread saying "We christians should be Jews outwardly since God's people were Jews"

Seriously? Do you know what pushed me to atheism? A white man looked me in the eye and told me that "blacks are cursed to follow a religion (christianity) used to enslave their forefathers and that they are so foolish to throw away their religions for some Jewish religion that even their slave masters and Jews do not believe in anymore!"
^^^
How do you reply that white man as a christian? Can you truly say that it is not a curse to follow something that destroyed your fathers? Enslaved them and chained them like animals? Is slavery not regulated clean and clear in the bible? How do you reply a Jewish person who tells you that you're following a religion that was formed by his forefathers at the expense of your own traditional religion?

Sorry if I am ranting but I am confused. How can Nigerians sing "FATHER ABRAHAM HAS MANY SONS AND MANY SONS HAS FATHER ABRAHAM; i AM ONE OF THEM AND SO ARE YOU......
^^^
Is that not madness? A Nigerian claiming that he is a son of Abraham? Are you Jew? What Nigerian lineage goes up to Abraham?

How do you rationalize the fact that
-The British who brough christianity are no longer a christian nation with about 40% of them irreligious
-Jews in Isreal dont even subscribe to religion that much- 50% consider themselves secular jews

How do you rationalise the fact that the people who brought you this religion do not believe in it anymore?

6 Likes

Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 04, 2013
Just a warning before the thread kicks off...

Rev 3:9:
I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you

2 Likes

Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 04, 2013
musKeeto: Just a warning before the thread kicks off...

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 04, 2013
With all this your 'heartfelt' questions, I wonder why you have not embraced the religion of your fathers... shocked shocked shocked...abi your fore fathers practiced Atheism?

3 Likes

Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:
This is not an attack. This a question that really bothers me as I saw a comment here on a thread saying "We christians should be Jews outwardly since God's people were Jews"

Rev. 2:28-29:
For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. 29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God’s Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise[a] from God, not from people.
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi: With all this your 'heartfelt' questions, I wonder why you have not embraced the religion of your fathers... shocked shocked shocked...abi your fore fathers practiced Atheism?

Atheism is not a religion. Please answer th op.....how do you rationalize these things
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi: With all this your 'heartfelt' questions, I wonder why you have not embraced the religion of your fathers... shocked shocked shocked...abi your fore fathers practiced Atheism?

One can be atheist and still identify with the religion and practices of his 'forefathers' for the purpose of heritage.. Nothing wrong with that.

I've met a lot of Indian atheists who still do pooja and visit temples.. It's more cultural now rather than faith-based...

How you dey? Getting ready for the tea party? tongue

1 Like

Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Atheism is not a religion. Please answer th op.....how do you rationalize these things

Just like Christianity is not a religion...
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03: We have discussed the issue of slavery and christianity being a foreign religion but not extensively. I really want to ask a heartfelt question. Seriously.

How do you christians rationalize the fact that you are following a Jewish God? How do you rationalise that most churches up till the 18th/19th centuries were supporting slavery of black people with the bible? How do deal with the fact that it is impossible for you as a black person or Nigerian to be a descendant of hebrew-named people (Adam and Eve) due to the fact that Nigeria has a history older than hebrew?

Seriously? Do you know what pushed me to atheism? A white man looked me in the eye and told me that "blacks are cursed to follow a religion (christianity) used to enslave their forefathers and that they are so foolish to throw away their religions for some Jewish religion that even their slave masters and Jews do not believe in anymore!"
^^^
How do you reply that white man as a christian? Can you truly say that it is not a curse to follow something that destroyed your fathers? Enslaved them and chained them like animals? Is slavery not regulated clean and clear in the bible? How do you reply a Jewish person who tells you that you're following a religion that was formed by his forefathers at the expense of your own traditional religion?

Sorry if I am ranting but I am confused. How can Nigerians sing "FATHER ABRAHAM HAS MANY SONS AND MANY SONS HAS FATHER ABRAHAM; i AM ONE OF THEM AND SO ARE YOU......
^^^
Is that not madness? A Nigerian claiming that he is a son of Abraham? Are you Jew? What Nigerian lineage goes up to Abraham?

How do you rationalize the fact that
-The British who brough christianity are no longer a christian nation with about 40% of them irreligious
-Jews in Isreal dont even subscribe to religion that much- 50% consider themselves secular jews

How do you rationalise the fact that the people who brought you this religion do not believe in it anymore?

This should make front page instead of that islamic crap up there
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Just like Christianity is not a religion...

Bros....answer the op.....we can deal with your false definition of "religion later"...no derailing pls
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 04, 2013
musKeeto:

One can be atheist and still identify with the religion and practices of his 'forefathers' for the purpose of heritage.. Nothing wrong with that.

I've met a lot of Indian atheists who still do pooja and visit temples.. It's more cultural now rather than faith-based...

Definitely! Christianity does not deprive one from doing the above too...

musKeeto:

How you dey? Getting ready for the tea party? tongue

I dey there o...tea party ke? Unfortunately I prefer coffee...
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Definitely! Christianity does not deprive one from doing the above too...

Answer the op angry

Reserve your lies for later....christianity doesnt stop you from going to your local river goddess temple by the water abi?
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Bros....answer the op.....we can deal with your false definition of "religion later"...no derailing pls

I laugh in tongues...false definition? You call any definition that is not in LB's lexicon false?

Anyways, the OP is not worth commenting on cause it is very insincere...LB and heartfelt questions do not go together...

Questioning to trap is more like the LB way of doing things...
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Answer the op angry

Reserve your lies for later....christianity doesnt stop you from going to your local river goddess temple by the water abi?

Do you even understand what I was talking about?
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

I laugh in tongues...false definition? You call any definition that is not in LB's lexicon false?

Anyways, the OP is not worth commenting on cause it is very insincere...LB and heartfelt questions do not go together...

Questioning to trap is more like the LB way of doing things...

How foolish...thank God that I have explained about a year ago on this section about how I became an atheist. The same thing I said in the op....A white man abused me and my black pals
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

How foolish...

What else do you expect from a puny brained idiiot? Or have you forgotten how puny my brain is?

Logicboy03:
thank God that I have explained about a year ago on this section about how I became an atheist. The same thing I said in the op....A white man abused me and my black pals

Then let that heartfelt confession lead you to the religion of your fathers...Atheism is brought to us by this same slave masters...
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:
Then let that heartfelt confession lead you to the religion of your fathers...Atheism is brought to us by this same slave masters...
FAIL ALERT

What is atheism? Lack of beliefs in God?

When Christianity was 'forced' on us, most lost their 'beliefs' in their local gods and moved on to the new God Allah or Yahweh.

Just like in all advanced nations, when people are able to live a more peaceful and secure life, the tendency to become less religious sets in.. In some 'advanced' cases, this could lead to atheism or agnosticism...

To say ATHEISM was brought to our shores by the white man is simply ridiculous...
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

What else do you expect from a puny brained idiiot? Or have you forgotten how puny my brain is?

still waiting for the op to be answered
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 04, 2013
musKeeto:
FAIL ALERT

What is atheism? Lack of beliefs in God?

When Christianity was 'forced' on us, most lost their 'beliefs' in their local gods and moved on to the new God Allah or Yahweh.

Just like in all advanced nations, when people are able to live a more peaceful and secure life, the tendency to become less religious sets in.. In some 'advanced' cases, this could lead to atheism or agnosticism...

To say ATHEISM was brought to our shores by the white man is simply ridiculous...

First of, I was not forced to be a Christian...I chose Christianity!

Secondly, can you educate us on how Atheism was practiced by our fore fathers with evidence and not theories? Since you believe it is not foreign to Africa...
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

still waiting for the op to be answered

...that your wait na long thing!
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Secondly, can you educate us on how Atheism was practiced by our fore fathers with evidence and not theories? Since you believe it is not foreign to Africa...

See the puny brain? He thinks of atheism as a religion needing people to preach it to spread. It is natural...a natural state of mind

Nobody told me of atheism. I read the bible and became an atheist. Atheism can not be foreign to a society or country.

See how you christians keep insulting your ancestors like cursed fools? To say that there was no doubter of the oracles and the local gods among your ancestors is to actaully claim that your ancestors were very foolish in total.
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

You chose christianity? Were you born in achristian background?
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

...that your wait na long thing!

Derailer.....oh derailer.....

expect me to return the favour
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Cool. First, you tell me how atheism can be practiced?

Who practices atheism?
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

See the puny brain?

Reverting to what is already established?

Logicboy03:
He thinks of atheism as a religion needing people to preach it to spread. It is natural...a natural state of mind

Now that is a very cute definition for your brand of Atheism...I have asked you to call little kids and tell them that.

Logicboy03:
Nobody told me of atheism.

Of-course no one told you...it just came to you just as the world just decided to be here without anyone or anything prompting it...

Logicboy03:
I read the bible and became an atheist.

Oh now the bible made you an Atheist and not your white friend from your heartfelt story up there? I hear you! lipsrsealed

Logicboy03:
Atheism can not be foreign to a society or country.

Why not humour us on how our fore fathers practiced Atheism since it's a 'natural state'.

Logicboy03:
See how you christians keep insulting your ancestors like cursed fools?

The last time I checked, you were the one without respect for our culture as Africans...the quote below shows the extent of your 'brain-washing' by this slave masters:

Logicboy03:

Culture is foolish, most of it anyways.

I am assuming that you are yoruba. Sango is silly while prostrating for your elders is nonsense (it is good to respect elders but they are not Gods).

Furthermore, in general, we can not abuse elders in Nigeria. Can you imagine an old man calling me a fool because of something I didnt do, and when I explained the mistake to him and told him to apoloigise, the crowd that gathered said that I should leave the old man alone. They said that I should still respect him. The old man didnt even apologise and was saying that young people have no respect.

F4ck culture. This is why I like progressive countries; they modify their culture with reason.

Logicboy03:
To say that there was no doubter of the oracles and the local gods among your ancestors is to actaully claim that your ancestors were very foolish in total.

Just as you are the wise one shey? Now he thinks Atheism is the same as doubting...I guess 'doubting Thomas' was an Atheist too...
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

You chose christianity? Were you born in achristian background?

[size=20pt]NO!!![/size]
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:44pm On May 04, 2013
*sigh

As usual, atheists and christians fighting over the right to worship Pagan Gods.

if you are so interested in performing the rituals, why dont you fellows just accept Traditional Religion and be done with it
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 04, 2013
THE SAME WAY YOU RATIONALIZE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE NOT BEELZEBUB BUT YET YOU ARE PRACTICING HIS RELIGION cheesy cheesy
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Derailer.....oh derailer.....

expect me to return the favour

LWKMD!!!

Not derailing man...only expressing my reservations!
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
*sigh

As usual, atheists and christians fighting over the right to worship Pagan Gods.

if you are so interested in performing the rituals, why dont you fellows just accept Traditional Religion and be done with it

Lol!!!
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

...Atheism is brought to us by this same slave masters...
POIGNANT
Re: Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Reverting to what is already established?

Now that is a very cute definition for your brand of Atheism...I have asked you to call little kids and tell them that.

Of-course no one told you...it just came to you just as the world just decided to be here without anyone or anything prompting it...

Oh now the bible made you an Atheist and not your white friend from your heartfelt story up there? I hear you! lipsrsealed

Why not humour us on how our fore fathers practiced Atheism since it's a 'natural state'.

The last time I checked, you were the one without respect for our culture as Africans...the quote below shows the extent of your 'brain-washing' by this slave masters:

[i][/i]

Just as you are the wise one shey? Now he thinks Atheism is the same as doubting...I guess 'doubting Thomas' was an Atheist too...

lolz.....

I didnt say that I hate African culture....I said culture is stoopid, most of it....I was referring to all cultures.

The best way is to modify culture as the society progresses
=================================================================================================

Atheism is a doubt about God....or have you forgotten? How can you disbelieve without doubting? And you want to tell me that there were none of your ancestors that doubted the power of the evil forest or the oracles after they failed to either kill them magically or bring rain?

lolz...by the way, my grandma was an agnostic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(live Images) National Day Of Prayer At Abuja National Stadium / Are You Lukewarm? - Paul Ellis / A Massage To Atheist,unbelievers And Persecutors Of Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.