Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (305686 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
Post deleted due to duplication 2
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2011
Post deleted due to duplication 3
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2011
BUT WHAT'S THIS AUTO ANTI SPAM DETECTOR OF A THING? THIS SILLY SOFTWARE OR WHATEVER IS UNFAIRLY ACCORDING ME A SPAMMER, NOW I CAN'T FIND MY ORIGINAL POST, SO, I'M REPOSTING.

henwun:

Thank you justwise as you've been very helpful. Please would like to seek for your assistant once more can you briefly compose the sample the way it should be .  I will so much appreciate this,
   First of all, i trust that you understand what Justwise meant when he said (the letter) "could be addressed to the ECO". Yet however, to make clarification on that, i believe he meant that the letter should be addressed to (or pointed at) the ECO. I'm making this clarification because, a lot of people often misunderstand such guidelines and have ignorantly send letters directly to the ECOs, and such letters usually fall short of their objectives as they are often unaccounted for. So, to make it further clear, the letter (along with other supporting documents) should be submitted by the applicant while addressed to the ECO.
   Now, there's no need to write a story or an essay, this is how it may be like:

[b]                                                                                                          OLUWOLE HOLDINGS  LTD,
                                                                                                           10, DOWNING STREET,
                                                                                                            LONDON. ENGLAND.
                                                                                                            09 September 2011

THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER, BRITISH DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSION, LAGOS NIGERIA.

I, Mr. Goodluck Obama, the Managing Director of Oluwole Holding Limited, a British citizen with DOB 31 December 1901, and a resident of house number 11, Downing Street, London, do hereby declare that i am formally inviting Mr. Visasa Seekerio, with DOB; 01 January 1900, a Nigerian citizen and a holder of its National Passport/Travel Document bearing the number: 0123456NGR, for an official visit to the UK for a period of 6 weeks. I wish to also reveal that the relationship between our company and Mr. Visasa Seekerio is based on business correspondence and personal connectedness. I am trusting that the invitation will be granted and therefore accepting responsibility on behalf of the company that we will take every necessary measure to ensure that the Terms and Conditions of the visa will be observed. Thank you for your understanding
                                                                           Yours faithfully,
                                                                          Mr. Goodluck Obama[/b]

Note: Observe how my letter contains no space or spaced-paragraph; this is necessary to avoid any suspicious that the letter might have been altered
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2011
Pls house, my sister has finally agreed to send me the invitation letter nd her copy of her residential permit visa page with her utility bill. Pls house shw went with the HSMP program, Hope she won't get affeceted anyway by d ukforce. Nd pls how will d invitation letter look like, so I can send it to her mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oljacobs: 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2011
FAMILY VISIT OR TOURIST VISA?

Hello house. I plan to make an application for a visiting visa but I am unsure of way to go as I have never applied for a visiting visa though i studied and lived in the UK for some 7 years and I last traveled to the UK about 5 years ago.

I have a good job, have some decent savings and wanna make a trip to the UK.

Should I make an hotel booking, write itenery etc and apply for a tourist visa or simply get a letter of invitation from family in the UK?

Which is better of the two options? Please advice.

Should I apply for a 6 month or 2 yr visa?

Tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by wildwater: 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2011
You can´t ask for a visa as a tourist for 6 month to 2y, either you have to ask for a students visa or working or family. Visitors visa is something for short trips max. 3 month usually, check http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/ and think about what you want to do there. Anyway hotels are terrible in GB, I would try to get a place as a "paying guest" in a private household.

As for your reply, than the letter of invitation should contain your hosts name, adress, eventually his certificate of rent of the house/apartement, that he/she will guarantee for the costs of your visit and that he guarantees for you leaving the country before your visa expires. I would ask for a new visa next year, when there are no troubles, they will usually give you. The validity of the visa usually are no longer than till the end of the year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oljacobs: 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
[/quote][quote author=wildwater link=topic=127964.msg9121426#msg9121426 date=1315691256]
You can´t ask for a visa as a tourist for 6 month to 2y, either you have to ask for a students visa or working or family. Visitors visa is something for short trips max. 3 month usually, check http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/ and think about what you want to do there. Anyway hotels are terrible in GB, I would try to get a place as a "paying guest" in a private household.

Many thanks for your input. I plan to stay 2 weeks max, why I want a 2 yr multiple entry visa is so I dont have to apply again next year. As per accomodation, that is not an issue. I have a place to stay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2011
oljacobs:

Many thanks for your input. I plan to stay 2 weeks max, why I want a 2 yr multiple entry visa is so I dont have to apply again next year. As per accomodation, that is not an issue. I have a place to stay.
Apply for 6months, 2yrs is usually issued after you have been issued 6months multiple and there is ample evidence you are regualar visitor/'holidayer' to the UK (usually 2 to 3 trips)

If you have a personal account in excess of N450000 to cover flight and self maintenance during your trip, then use a family invitation with a surety of accommodation by your invitee. Make sure your salary can be traced to your account in form of monthly deposits. Do not make the mistake of dumping money into the account just to sure it up! ECO will give you the "On the balance of probability" pudding!!!

Hope in your previous 7yrs UK study you actually did not violet your visas regulation in anyway! Though this mostly affect those applying for long term holiday working visas/skilled worker.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oljacobs: 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2011
@Omo_Tier1: Tnx! I will apply for 6 months. My bank statement is intact and shows deposits from monthly deposits. I also keep a seperate account where I have some good savings.

I never violated any visa requirements at any point during my stay.

Tnx again. I will endeavour to put in my application this week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by spako4(m): 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2011
I submitted my application for renewal on Monday 5th September 2011 and received an alert on Friday 9th September that it was ready.I was there this morning to pick it up,it was successful[5 years business visa was granted]
grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Isiri: 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2011
Please can anybody advice me on this.i apply for UK and GERMANY VISA last yr and i was both refused.i want to know if i can apply for GERMANY VISA this yr and what are my chance like. i will be glad if u anybody can help me out with my question.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 4:04pm On Sep 14, 2011
Isiri:

Please can anybody advice me on this.i apply for UK and GERMANY VISA last yr and i was both refused.i want to know if i can apply for GERMANY VISA this yr and what are my chance like. i will be glad if u anybody can help me out with my question.thanks
Mind sharing with us the reasons given for your refusals by the german and UK embassies. Thats the only way we can assist with sincere opinion/views.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by holalekan: 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2011
Hi Justwise and other nairalanders,
I was refused entry in july based on maintenance funds being in my dad's account just for 6 days instead of the 28 days,i wasnt a fan of nairaland then maybe i'd have known before submitting.
I had a delay in reapplying due to personal problems and i had to open a personal account with the required amount as stated in my refusal letter,i waited till the 28th day which was 9th september before applying,d school resumed on the 12thsept and d initial last day of registration is 30th sept,i'd requested for extension which just came today 14th sept and was given till 14th oct,this came after i'd submitted my visa application on the 9th.
I was just wondering if there's much to worry about again although i've handed my situation over to God.
I submitted in Abuja and there are rumours that applications in abuja will now be forwarded to Lag for visa issuing,how true is that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Isiri: 12:36am On Sep 15, 2011
@ Omo Tier, thanks so much.well,i was refused by Uk base on two account. That my salary does not reflect on my account and my marriage cert might be forgery.that i did not have right to appeal.of which the both claimed was not true and someone help me do review and they reply with the same excused

Germany refused me because i did not include my marriage cert,

Now i wanted to apply for UK tourist visa . Am seeking ur advice if i should go ahead or if there are some info u could help me with.thanks sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Isiri: 12:37am On Sep 15, 2011
@ Omo Tier, thanks so much.well,i was refused by Uk base on two account. That my salary does not reflect on my account and my marriage cert might be forgery.that i did not have right to appeal.of which the both claimed was not true and someone help me do review and they reply with the same excused

Now i wanted to apply for UK tourist visa . Am seeking ur advice if i should go ahead or if there are some info u could help me with.thanks sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dancewith: 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2011
@Vcjustice

I do not think you are correct on the visa validity. The rule is that as long as you have used a 6 months visa and returned and your personal circumstances have not changed negatively, then you are qualified for a 2 yrs visa

Once you have used a 2yr visa, you are qualified for a 5yrs visa and so on. It used to be that when you have used a 2 yrs visa and apply for a 5 yrs visa, they issue you with a 2 yrs validity visa purely on the ground that they were the same cost. Now the fees for each are different and once you have used a 2 yrs, they will be obliged to issue the 5 yrs if you apply for it

on the 6 months, it does not matter how many times you have used it. although they usually issue a multiple 6 months, immigration officers are always concerned when someones attempts to use the visa more than once. You may have to show proper cause why you have to visit the UK twiceor more in just six months. So a single usage is enough to renew for 2 yrs

This was what most of my siblings did and were all successful

Blessings

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2011
Isiri:

Now i wanted to apply for UK tourist visa . Am seeking your advice if i should go ahead or if there are some info u could help me with.thanks sir

very much concerned you mentioned forgery as one of the reasons for refual.

Please can you post the whole refusal letter blanking out any personal details. Case of forgery usually attract a ban by UKBA, hence the reason I asked you to upload or type word for word the ECO refusal notice.

or if you can, e-mail BHC Abuja to findout if you have been banned and they will gladly reply you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ojdollars(m): 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2011
@ALL Bros and Sist in the House. How long does it take to process a UK Tourist/Visiting Visa when one lodge application at VFS Office in Ikeja? Please response to this post is highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:39am On Sep 17, 2011
ojdollars:

@ALL Bros and Sist in the House. How long does it take to process a UK Tourist/Visiting Visa when one lodge application at VFS Office in Ikeja? Please response to this post is highly appreciated.
2 weeks minimum guy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ojdollars(m): 9:45am On Sep 17, 2011
erico2k2:

2 weeks minimum guy

Bros, thank you ooh. Yea I know it was at Maximum, two weeks before, but I think they have changed it now and that everything is different now like RSA embassy when go send you text when you lodge and then send you text once completed. You know the Maximum time currently? Someone needs to apply urgently for renewal. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by propofol: 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2011
Hi guys, sent in my uk visa application on the 5th of this month and am yet to hear anything from them. it seems to be taking longer these days. i would love to hear from those who submited recently. how long did you have to wait to get a reply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2011
hi Propofol,
i submitted mine on the 11th of July, took 2 months; i just picked it up today.
was successful i thank God.
So, its just a waiting game,
be optimistic and keep praying!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2011
it is really a waiting game o. i successfully got mine today after a month wait! although i addressed abuja but submitted to ikeja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by propofol: 9:30pm On Sep 19, 2011
@ chynells, 2 months!!! shocked shocked Was that for a staight forward 6 month visiting visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ronaldo200(m): 1:36am On Sep 20, 2011
Hi please advise. I am UK and Nigeria citizen but currently working in US. My fiancé is in Nigeria and we have been planning to marry early next year but due to some issues(family wahala now) it might not be possible or it might be.

Me am planning on returning to Uk once MA stuff here is finished.
- I think if we are married there are not too many grounds which they will refuse MA wife to be marriage visa, so I think it's best we marry in naija (that's what we were advised)

- but I have learnt that one can also apply for spouse visa whereby they grant her six months and we must marry in that time. Do you pls know if such a visa has a high refusal rate? Am I right that this seems more risky? I don't want anything to mark her passport negatively.

Also the fact that's she's not currently working, will it count against her?
Thanks you so much house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 2:02am On Sep 20, 2011
dancewith:

@Vcjustice

I do not think you are correct on the visa validity. The rule is that as long as you have used a 6 months visa and returned and your personal circumstances have not changed negatively, then you are qualified for a 2 yrs visa

Once you have used a 2yr visa, you are qualified for a 5yrs visa and so on. It used to be that when you have used a 2 yrs visa and apply for a 5 yrs visa, they issue you with a 2 yrs validity visa purely on the ground that they were the same cost. Now the fees for each are different and once you have used a 2 yrs, they will be obliged to issue the 5 yrs if you apply for it

on the 6 months, it does not matter how many times you have used it. although they usually issue a multiple 6 months, immigration officers are always concerned when someones attempts to use the visa more than once. You may have to show proper cause why you have to visit the UK twice or more in just six months. So a single usage is enough to renew for 2 yrs

This was what most of my siblings did and were all successful

Blessings

TRUE DAT!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by slayer01: 8:52am On Sep 20, 2011
hello house, i applied for uk visa last yr and was granted a 6month visitor visa, which has now expired - i used it only once and stayed abt 3wks in uk, now am about getting married and wud like to spend my honeymoon in the uk, what are my chances of being issues a visa together with my fiancee?.pls i need help on how to go about this issue.my fiancee hasnt travelled to europe b4, her earlier travels are to west african countries.and she is not working, and doesnt hv dependents in the uk, i hv relatives in the uk, but i prefered to use hotel reservation the last time, i applied

i used hotel reservation last time, i travelled, and am thinking of doing same again, when i go to renew my visa.
pls  help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beejaybida(m): 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2011
Hello, House. kindly assist. for my visa application, i have no marriage certificate as the marriage was conducted according to Muslim rites in Niger State. my wife and i didn't do a court wedding afterwards either. Will including wedding reception pictures and an explanation be sufficient for the ECO? Tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 10:43pm On Sep 20, 2011
beejaybida:

Hello, House. kindly assist. for my visa application, i have no marriage certificate as the marriage was conducted according to Muslim rites in Niger State. my wife and i didn't do a court wedding afterwards either. Will including wedding reception pictures and an explanation be sufficient for the ECO? Tnx
Sorry no chance! You will be refused straight away. You need to include your ORIGINAL marriage certificate, wedding photos or sworn court declaration in some cases.

Including photos is just a top up evidence, really not part of the immigration rules!

By the way, which visas category are you applying for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beejaybida(m): 6:12am On Sep 21, 2011
@ Omo_Tier1, i want to apply for tourist visa. Also, my understanding is that ECOs have local knowledge of the countries they work in. certainly they will know that northern muslims just do wedding fatihas and only few follow up with court weddings. my assumption is, it is better to admit the obvious than to try and "get" some paper to proof marital status. over to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Isiri: 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2011
2 OMO TIE ,i wasn't ban according to one travelling agent that help me do review on my uk tourist refusal.its unfortunate that i couldn't get my refusal letter from him cus hes not in town now ,i would have scan it to u to confirm and it was not written on my passport either that i was banned.they only said,such marriage cert,is rampant on lagos so they are not satisfy with it.and the agent asked me to bring pic of my wedding,which i did but i wasn't grant appeal after the review.my marriage cert is real
Tnkx sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
Isiri:

2 OMO TIE ,i wasn't ban according to one travelling agent that help me do review on my uk tourist refusal.its unfortunate that i couldn't get my refusal letter from him cus hes not in town now ,i would have scan it to u to confirm and it was not written on my passport either that i was banned.they only said,such marriage cert,is rampant on lagos so they are not satisfy with it.and the agent asked me to bring pic of my wedding,which i did but i wasn't grant appeal after the review.my marriage cert is real
Tnkx sir
Can you send am e-mail to the visas correspondence unit of the British Hhigh Commission in Abuja, just ask them if you have been banned. They will gladly provide you with the information.

Why I keep asking is 'cos sometimes the ECOs and ECMs do sometimes forget to include the information on you NOR. BHC never indicates on your PP that you 've ben banned, they only put the information on thier system.

if I may ask, are you planning to apply for visitor visas? if yes, you really do not need an agent, you can do it yourself, just need to include the right and original documentation -something folks like myself here can help you with!

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.