Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,260 members, 7,807,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (305668 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sandy5(f): 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2011
hello, u are dnt understand ma questions, I said he stays in UK, works in UK and he has a resident permit and I still have an open Visa but now I want to move, i mean relocate, wat type of form do i need to apply.is the dependent ok?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by determined: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2011
Hello Guys,
could someone please tell me the new UK visa application rules for renewals?
Im a bit confused as to the appointment date thing. I tried searching for a date and no date is available for October.
Can someone help? I've already bought my ticket for 10th of November.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:54am On Oct 02, 2011
sandy5:

hello, u are dnt understand ma questions, I said he stays in UK, works in UK and he has a resident permit and I still have an open Visa but now I want to move, i mean relocate, wat type of form do i need to apply.is the dependent ok?
you need to go to thier website and click on search for forms, you would see the form that suits you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:58am On Oct 02, 2011
sandy5:

when you said he has a resident permit, what kind? cos there are such as limited leave. and moreso, he should be the one sponsoring you and pulling all the springs though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by propofol: 8:17am On Oct 02, 2011
Hello Guys,
could someone please tell me the new UK visa application rules for renewals?
Im a bit confused as to the appointment date thing. I tried searching for a date and no date is available for October.
Can someone help? I've already bought my ticket for 10th of November

@ determined . no mre bokng of appointment at the vfs centres. all you have t d is to go there between 8am and i think 2p.m and you will be attende to.also google vfs lagos to get to their website for more infomation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fiver: 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2011
How easy is it to invite someone that will be graduating soon this year for holiday in the UK? she obviously has no job, but she want to go for visit/holiday before NYSC

The person inviting is also a young dude permanent resident and got a permanent job? What strong ties can she use as proof?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 6:19am On Oct 04, 2011
Fiver:

How easy is it to invite someone that will be graduating soon this year for holiday in the UK? she obviously has no job, but she want to go for visit/holiday before NYSC

The person inviting is also a young dude permanent resident and got a permanent job? What strong ties can she use as proof?
Though one bro, cos the invited has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he/she is going back to Nigeria ie strong ties, and its not that straight 4ward telling the ECO that you are sponsoring somebody who has no income from nigeria for holiday in the Uk whilst you live in the UK.But in all you can still go ahead, you just need loads of support from school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2011
finally applying on a tourist visa today, pls guys wish me luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2011
Goodluck grin

make sure you go in the winter cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fiver: 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2011
erico2k2:

Though one bro, cos the invited has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he/she is going back to Nigeria ie strong ties, and its not that straight 4ward telling the ECO that you are sponsoring somebody who has no income from nigeria for holiday in the Uk whilst you live in the UK.But in all you can still go ahead, you just need loads of support from school.

I know really tough, what about a letter or letters from a company saying they agree to employe the person for the duration of the NYSC, as in they will like to have the person serve with them for nysc. the student will be graduating by end of novemeber but their call up will be around that march april time, so just 3weeks holiday in between= as graduation gift grin

na wa self how person fit invite girlfriend come uk o grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2011
Fiver:

I know really tough, what about a letter or letters from a company saying they agree to employe the person for the duration of the NYSC, as in they will like to have the person serve with them for nysc. the student will be graduating by end of novemeber but their call up will be around that march april time, so just 3weeks holiday in between= as graduation gift grin

na wa self how person fit invite girlfriend come uk o grin
to be honest,I dont think that would hold water,best way to invite your girl if if she working, have wage slips,av leave from work plus letter of employment and bank stat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkeco: 3:08am On Oct 08, 2011
Hi Friends,

Please do anyone know the lowest score of IBT Toefl UK embassy can accept during submitting an application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 8:45am On Oct 08, 2011
nkeco:

Hi Friends,

Please do anyone know the lowest score of IBT Toefl UK embassy can accept during submitting an application?
Depends on the level you are studying at i.e pre,unnder and post.

Consult the Tier 4 PBS policy guidance on the UKBA website (just google it) or you tell us what level you have been given admission and we can help you out.

By the way, is your resumption January or you are preparing for next year winter resumption?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkeco: 11:23pm On Oct 09, 2011
@ Omo-tier, The level is Undergraduate and the resumption is January
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Delebayo(m): 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2011
where can i download the forms for UK visit visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 11:49am On Oct 10, 2011
nkeco:

@ Omo-tier, The level is Undergraduate and the resumption is January
There are two limits you have to overcome. One set by your intended school and the other set by UKBA. The one set by your intended school is always higher than that set by UKBA, so I would advice you e-mail your school and gt the details from them.

go to this website for the UKBA information;
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/

Delebayo:

where can i download the forms for UK visit visa application
visit this site and use the form finder tool»»»»
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/applying/forms/?langname=null
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tEsLim(m): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2011
Need advice on this: The complete refusal transcript

The Decision

You have stated that you are a freelance IT consultant and CG Artist and that you earn Naira 400,000 plus (1612.90+ pounds) per month. However you have submitted no evidence of freelance work, for example your contracts and personal Income Clearance Certificate. I'm therefore not satisfied that your employment and economic circumstances are as claimed. Therefore I'm not satisfied that you are seeking a genuine visit or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit 41(i) and (ii)

You have stated that you have two children in Nigeria and you have submitted their birth circumstances as evidence of your family ties. However I note that their births were not registered until 10.3.11 - a significant number of years after their claimed births. You have produced no reasonable explanation for this delay in registering their births and I am conscious that documents such as this kind are easily generated and readily available in Nigeria I'm therefore not satisfied that your family circumstances are as claimed and this casts doubts on the reason for your visit.Therefore I'm not satisfied that you are seeking a genuine visit or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit 41(i) and (ii)

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant Paragraph of the United Kingdom immigration Rules.

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(i)(c) of the National Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 (www.legislation.gov.uk)

Does the bold part mean applicant should appeal?
1. Applicant sent in TAX revenue receipt but didn't include the CERTIFICATE which I think is the plastic so this time around plastic should be included right?

2. Applicant tax does not corroborate with income is this a problem? Even as it his applicants personal bank statement submitted generates like 1 million naira + monthly though applicant say only 400k is income. Do they calculate taxes? You know how it is in Naija with tax.

3. The birth certificates are genuine but they where applied for very much late 3 to 4 years after the birth of the kids which made it look like a foul play. Can applicant just request for Student Profile from the kids school and attach school receipts from kids school? with profile their profile should have there passport and age

4. Generally applicant dont issue receipts and invoices to customer a of time as a freelance person that just takes job. Does applicant have to generate does now? And attach sample of freelance work?

5. Is it advisable to reapply or appeal? Applicant have other travel plans, passport spent 31 days with the embassy already. Should applicant travel with his other visa and appeal very much later or face the appeal squarely before doing other things

Advice please

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
First and most important
READ paragraph two
They are not happy with birth certs supplied saying they can be bought anywhere.
They seem to be saying that FRADULENT DOCUMENTS have been submitted.
If that is what they suspect then there could be ten year ban in place already!!!!!
The sometimes impose ban without saying so on refusal.

FIRST contact them and ask if BAN has been given.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tEsLim(m): 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2011
worry246:

First and most important
READ paragraph two
They are not happy with birth certs supplied saying they can be bought anywhere.
They seem to be saying that FRADULENT DOCUMENTS have been submitted.
If that is what they suspect then there could be ten year ban in place already!!!!!
The sometimes impose ban without saying so on refusal.

FIRST contact them and ask if BAN has been given.

Well the birth certs are definitely originals. And didn't get them registered out of negligence. She is only saying it is a possibility it is not ascertained. Please be logical with your analysis. I typed it out to avoid such mistakes directly the way it is. And when they ban they dont tell you; you have right of appeal. Can someone give a constructive contribution? Your opinion is heard thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by imconfused(f): 5:30am On Oct 14, 2011
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 8:20am On Oct 15, 2011
Pls , has uk changed there visiting requirements from these?
Valid international passport.
*Six months bank statement-try to avoid lump deposit of money.
*Photocopies of the applicant's I.D card-school id, work id,nysc id, etc.
*Covering letter from the bank confirming the authenticity of the bank statement.
*Letter of identification from employer or from applicant's university or school.
*Letter of annual leave or vacation or 'permission to travel' from employer or applicant's school.
*Tax clearance certificate of the applicant or that of the sponsor.
*Invitation letter from relative in UK clearly stating his home address and telephone number, nature of relationship to applicant, purpose of the visit, etc.
*Coloured copy of sponsor's biodata passport page.
*Utility bills of the sponsor or applicants <not really necccessary though.
*Mortgage or tenancy deeds of sponsor
*Six months payslips of sponsor
*Property deeds of the applicant (if the applicant is a dependant, he should attach the property deeds of his parents)
i need to know before i submit, thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2011
Hello Justwise and other helpful nairalanders,

I was refused a visiting visa to UK last year june due to photocopied document that i submitted,, cos the company i was working with then gave me photocopies of thier documents, now i dont even work with the company again , i have been doing buying and selling since last year october, i have a savings account worth like 1 million, but each time i have that money in my account, i send it to where i buy goods , so the money comes in and out on daily bases, so u cant even know if my personal money is worth 1 million cos it comes in and almost immediately i use it to buy more goods, i have more than 35 people paying for goods in my account and i also have about 6 people i do transfer money to , in order to buy goods . my account reflect very customers name who buys from me daily and money doesnt stay long like that as i always have need to pay for goods so that when customers come, they can buy. Can such account be used, and does it mean thats i have to leave some balance in the acccount prior to application? Money thats hits my account on monthly bases is more than 15 million, Are u sure that without a company name i can apply and be granted visa? cos personal tax that i paid for, only reflect my name. then please tell me what else that i may need to do. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rockchic: 11:01am On Oct 17, 2011
hi all. Please need your advice on this. My 6 months visa is expired, and i am supposed to go for a 3 day course in uk this december. The course is directly related to my occupation. I have paid for the course already (costs just 300 pounds). I have letter from my office stating i work with them, and my leave period, which co-incides with the date of the course, my payslips and all. salary varies between 170 and 200k per month, depending on how many night shifts we do.

the problem now is this, I have been saving for this course, and had about 1.2m in my account, before a family emergency cam up 2 weeks ago, and i had to borrow someone 1m. The next day however, i was able to get back 500k and pay back into the account, and then on friday i got back another 205k back from the person, making it now 705.

my question is this, since the money wasnt stable for the 28 days as i always hear, is it possible to still apply? since i paid in the last 205 on friday and plan to apply tommorow, will it look like lump deposition of money? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2011
tEsLim:

Well the birth certs are definitely originals. And didn't get them registered out of negligence. She is only saying it is a possibility it is not ascertained. Please be logical with your analysis. I typed it out to avoid such mistakes directly the way it is. And when they ban they dont tell you; you have right of appeal. Can someone give a constructive contribution? Your opinion is heard thanks
you are right about the birth cert, however I suggest you write a letter detailing the reasons why you left it late to registered your kids,Im sure they would accept that.Try and get evidence of your work, any Docs that says you do what you claim to do, how could you leave that out in the first place, U know you have to proove your income.oh cos you work for yourself, you should produce evidence of you being self employed ie Cert of incoporation and Biz bank account etc
hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2011
embassyman:

Hello Justwise and other helpful nairalanders,

I was refused a visiting visa to UK last year june due to photocopied document that i submitted,, cos the company i was working with then gave me photocopies of thier documents, now i dont even work with the company again , i have been doing buying and selling since last year october, i have a savings account worth like 1 million, but each time i have that money in my account, i send it to where i buy goods , so the money comes in and out on daily bases, so u cant even know if my personal money is worth 1 million cos it comes in and almost immediately i use it to buy more goods, i have more than 35 people paying for goods in my account and i also have about 6 people i do transfer money to , in order to buy goods . my account reflect very customers name who buys from me daily and money doesnt stay long like that as i always have need to pay for goods so that when customers come, they can buy. Can such account be used, and does it mean thats i have to leave some balance in the acccount prior to application? Money thats hits my account on monthly bases is more than 15 million, Are u sure that without a company name i can apply and be granted visa? cos personal tax that i paid for, only reflect my name. then please tell me what else that i may need to do. thanks
Just bear this in mind when you make an aplication of such nature you have to prove beyound reasonable doubt that you are returning, you got to show proof of income, ie Pay slips,strong ties with Nigeria ie kids, marriage ,properties etc,.my question to you is,**if your course is relevant to your work why is the company not at least giving you a leave letter that says study leave instead of just leave**?This is a Logical question, they might ask you same there.You need to demonstrate to the ECO that you have basic accomodation here in teh Uk,(Do U have that reserved yet?)Spending Money? and how close is where you plan to stay close to where the course is and this course cant it be done in Nigeria?this are things you should sort out b4 your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkeco: 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hello,
Please i want to apply for Uk visa for visit as a business man, what are the things needed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2011
nkeco:

Hello,
Please i want to apply for Uk visa for visit as a business man, what are the things needed?
Guy I know we all are trying to help but plz try and look at thier website its all there and if you dont understand anything you can always come back and ask.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 21, 2011
am so worried. Friday makes it the 13th working day i have submitted and what i see when tracking my application online is. your application is being fowarded to the BHC, pls is there any problem with the application or what.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2011
topsnet:

am so worried. Friday makes it the 13th working day i have submitted and what i see when tracking my application online is. your application is being fowarded to the BHC, pls is there any problem with the application or what.
yeh sometimes they take thier time, might be due to workload,these times they are usually recieving ernomus ammount of application cos its the end of the year and they go on chistmas holiday,just be +ve and prayerful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2011
yea @ erick i know, i went there early in the morning by 10am when most people were not there for submission and to top it all i wrote on the application form, i was travelling on the 20th october 2011 and booked hotel on then 20th october 2011. now there is a problem because the hotel had to cancel my booking on the 20th because i didnt show up, i had to rebook yesterday and was given a different reference number and pin on booking.com. i havent gotten my passport back, as i am here in dont know my status, am very confused. pls i really need suggestions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:34am On Oct 22, 2011
topsnet:

yea @ erick i know, i went there early in the morning by 10am when most people were not there for submission and to top it all i wrote on the application form, i was travelling on the 20th october 2011 and booked hotel on then 20th october 2011. now there is a problem because the hotel had to cancel my booking on the 20th because i didnt show up, i had to rebook yesterday and was given a different reference number and pin on booking.com. i havent gotten my passport back, as i am here in dont know my status, am very confused. pls i really need suggestions
these things take time and you can hurry them up, it might be in a queue, have you tried emailing them to ask what the hold up is or aint you allowed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2011
thanks.maybe thats what i would do

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.