Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (127743 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by oyestephen(m): 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Firstly, i need to appreciate this good work. Some spacing errors here and there, but overall very wondeful
secondly, 'feed us more'
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
oyestephen: Firstly, i need to appreciate this good work. Some spacing errors here and there, but overall very wondeful
secondly, 'feed us more'
Spacing is cos my PC has issues and then I upload using my phone so during the conversion, they occur...bear with me.

Thanks y'all
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Obinnau(m): 6:00am On Jun 04, 2013
Oga Mynd! This story is superb, more like a masterpiece. I just feel like am watching those war/action movies. Keep up the good work. By the way i was wondering ur specialization in life, can u give us a clue?
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Osyxcel(m): 6:12am On Jun 04, 2013
A very interesting piece.... Thanks 4 d gud work.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:39am On Jun 04, 2013
Obinnau: Oga Mynd! This story is superb, more like a masterpiece. I just feel like am watching those war/action movies. Keep up the good work. By the way i was wondering ur specialization in life, can u give us a clue?
Lets just say it has nothing to do with literature.......but I am a student of life so I blend with the trend

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:40am On Jun 04, 2013
Osyxcel: A very interesting piece.... Thanks 4 d gud work.
Thank you very much
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Obinnau(m): 7:41am On Jun 04, 2013
Am i the only one thinking that woman's phone is bugged?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 7:54am On Jun 04, 2013
Obinnau: Am i the only one thinking that woman's phone is bugged?
I think you are.....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by decoderdgenius(m): 8:19am On Jun 04, 2013
This story is very good. I feel guilty reading it for free. More imaginative power to your brain.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 8:30am On Jun 04, 2013
decoder dgenius: This story is very good. I feel guilty reading it for free. More imaginative power to your brain.
If it makes you feel better, you can always send me money for it gringringrin

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Osyxcel(m): 8:55am On Jun 04, 2013
Obinnau: Am i the only one thinking that woman's phone is bugged?

'You are not alone' *In MJ's voice*
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 9:07am On Jun 04, 2013
Osyxcel:

'You are not alone' *In MJ's voice*
So people dey follow this thread like this
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Osyxcel(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
So people dey follow this thread like this

Lol. I've bin following and liking since day one. wink
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:31am On Jun 04, 2013
Osyxcel:

Lol. I've bin following and liking since day one. wink
Hmmm..thank you
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
I think you are.....

Aint true joor, ah fink xo 2
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
Team Leader Micheal Olowo was used to operations in Tetuan and most of them has been about to find out enemy tactics and where they would likely hit so as to prevent the cease fire being breached. That usually involved getting behind the lines of both parties and trying to listen in on their conversations and sometimes; twisting the arms (literarily and implied) Lucas Radonsolema of people he makes contact with as long as it gets the job done. He had learnt the ways both sides think and who makes the decisions. He has also been involved in blocking the arms trading to both sides from the outside world to an extent and has a lot of human assets in the country but the major reason he was chosen to lead the operation is that he had lead an operation of the magnitude once.

A group of Students from the Obafemi Awolowo students who were studying the effects of civil war were once kidnapped by a group of soldiers who broke away from the government and were looking to use the students to get money from their parents. The soldiers had hoped to use the to collect money and move out of the country but they did not think there was a team of DMI agents running an operation on gun import from nearby Liberia and their attention was drawndue to the phone calls they traced. The students were rescued without even their parents knowing and since then, Michael had been trained in weapons handling and after years of dealing with warlords and gun runners, he learnt to survive in places where no one else would. He had learnt to run operations either as a member of a team or as a single agent and he tended to blend in where ever he went and that worked for hima lot as in Tetuan, a stranger would be killed just because he is suspected to be spying on behalf of the enemy.
They sat down in the safe house just minutesaway from the palace and he looked out into the dark night with the moon just barely illuminating the place. They did not use any light except a little candle in the corridor so as not to attract attention. The authorities of Tetuan did not know the Nigerian government had a house just minutes away from them as although they secured Lucas, they kept a series of houses around the country to coordinate their mission there which majorly involved the control of weapons and narcotics around the country as an increase in the number of those in one troubled spot in the sub region would lead toan increase in fire arms all over and they might just end up on the streets in Nigeria.

Michael did not have any doubt in his mind that the mission would turn well even thoughhe had no idea how it will happen. The director had said they palace would be empty by the time they got to the palace and he believed that, he just wondered how that would happen. He looked towards his team members who looked calm on the outside but he knew within them, they were as worried as him. The time was approaching fast and soon they would move towards the palace and they had no chance of failing.

Shade had never had an operation in Tetuan before but she was used to hostage situations. Her operations are majorly held onships and against pirates who kidnap the crew of ships on the high seas and she enjoyed doing just that primarily because it mostly involve high gun operations and the precision involved. She had been part of the team and was already used to being part of acrew as she always had people to fall back onif all else fails. She once did a programme in telecoms while she was with the navy and that put her in charge of the communicationson most of the ships she served on and when one day, her captain put her in an operation with some agents, she knew she did not want to go back to the closed communications room of any ship again. The reason she made the team was probably because she was one of the best in communications and she is used to wiring and fixing gadgets together. Once she and her team had been stuck on some ship which had lost power and there was no way to contact the base even as the ship was drifting out to sea gradually and they had to sit out with the hostages they rescued and the pirates in the middle of the cold season.

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
She is used to tough weather and also used to sudden missions which had no margin for error and it involved a lot of men which people would normally call tough and hard but she always held her own and sometimes save their backsides once or twice but something about this mission made her jittery because as much as the mission seem so foolproof, she is a believer in team work toher, a team can be put together in 5 seconds and absolute loyalty would be found between them and this was because they were all sworn to one common identity which was to protect but this team made her wary not because she did not know them or because itwas a joint team but the SSS agent looked at her funny. The way she was looked at while she was with the navy

At the navy, very few female officers actually did field work, and even fewer are accepted into the ranks. She joined as a graduate in telecommunications engineering fresh from school and fell in love with the sea. Her superiors never saw how a woman would fit into a ship’s crew so for some years she was stuck in an office designing communications options between naval installations across the country until she had the opportunity one day. She was at the Lagos port and a naval coast guard boat had some problems with its equipment and she was the only one available. She fixed it in no time and chance had it that a captain of a newly commissioned frigate was visiting the harbor to see a friend of his and he took notice of her but said nothing. Two weeks later, the orders came to Shade that she was to join a crew on a ship in their communications. She was first jittery of the thought of being stuck in one ship for weeks but she accepted and worked there for months until there was a situation where they were short of men. Most of the men were fighting it out on a pirate ship and they was a fishing boat which looked suspicious so Shade was given a handgun which everyone was trained to use and put in a hurriedly assembled team.

The fishing boat turned out to be transporting weapons to some war torn West African country and a gun fight broke. When reinforcement would get to the boat, the team had made a good account of themselves and during the brief, Shade was praised for her bravery under fire and that got the attention of the DMI who contacted her as a field agent. She was first bothered about joining but the experience on the fishing boat was exciting to her; she got to shoot at people and make arrests which she never had done but what she really liked about the new job at the DMI was that she would be seen as a member and not someone to use when there is no one else. They would use her as a human and not put her behind because she was a woman and she would not be considered as a weakling. She also had the added advantage of having a background in communications and the DMI knew this would help the team. Shade’s appraisal after the mission on the fishing boat told them she had the natural ability to fit into a team and also hold her own in the face of danger.

That was all years ago and she never had to deal with sexism again until the SSS agent looked at her with some disgust in his face. He had looked at her as if he was looking at someone who he was better than and he even told her to go rest while the rest of them planned on what to do. She was jolted out of her thoughts when Michael said;

“I hope you all are alive and awake. The Director told us we will be moving in at a half past midnight which is 30 minutes away and you should all stay sharp and check your weapons and your ear pieces”

All around him, the members sat up and adjusted their weapons each with little doubts in their minds. They checked their back packs to make sure they were not leaving anything behind as Izu went to the corridor to replace the candle. And as he walked back towards the room, he heard the sounds of firearms in the distance. He walked back into the room and saw that the other members had heard it too but they were not all bothered by it. They had been briefed about the plan and were ready to go with it.

Lucas Radonsolema walked out of his office slowly in company of his two bodyguards and when he got to the corridor, there were men running around as they were all runningtowards the exit as they had been called out to defend against the incoming attack. He had expected them to come soon but he was not expecting them to come so soon and definitely not that night and he felt naked. He knew he did not have enough guards to keep them out if an all assault came against his palace but he also knew that if it came to it, he could use the president as a ticket out of there. The plan was working so far and it better work.

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
He picked his phone and dialed a number on it, there was connection on the other side and he said;

“What’s new?”

The person on the other side answered him;

“They are still headed this way sir and it does not seem like they know we are aware. Some of them got out of the trucks some seconds ago and are setting up a perimeter not far from the gates”

“Keep them in sight and try to stay as hidden as you can”

“Sir there is a little problem”

He did not have time for problems. He was too tired and too scared to think of anything right then and he replied coldly;

“What is the problem?”

“I got some reports that the trucks are mounted with 100mm guns and the men are packing a lot of fire power. If they intend to make a move against us, we will need a lot more men then the guards there right now.”

“I will have men come from our installations but it will take some time before they get there o you will have to hold on”

“We will try sir”

He felt his anger grow;

“Don’t try, hold them off. That is an order” and he hung up.

He knew the issue of men would be a problem but if they could hold on for a couple of minutes, he can get reinforcements from those holding off the rebels and that could work. That moment, he started regretting that he had the president in the palace but hewas sure they would not try to come in, the most they would do is to surround the palaceand see how long he can tough it out for but he had alternative plans; if they have him surrounded, he would use the road in the bush and take the president with him and that thought made him smile. Maybe he can buy himself a little time until more men arrives.

He and his men walked back as he picked his phone and dialed a number

Kuyi had driven to the defence headquarters with Tope and they met most of the other members of the previous meeting there. The mission was about starting and Ifeoma had decided to have the command center in her office so they could monitor everything they and so each chief could know what was expected of them.

On the loud speakers, the voice of the peace keeping force in Tetuan’s voice came over the radio;

“Abuja, we are in position, and I think they know we are here”

Tope said;

“How are you so sure they know you are moving against them?”

Kuyi did not wait for the voice to reply as he answered the question,

“There is no way we can move that many men near that palace without the finding out and as a matter of fact, it is impossible”

Ifeoma added;

“Okay captain, just keep your men there and light some flares at least then we can be sure they know we are there”

“And fire some shots in the air so they know you mean business” Buba added

Ifeoma looked towards Buba and said;

“Shoot some rounds? You do realize the president is in there”

“They would fire into the air, they can’t hit anyone”

She replied;

“We cannot do that”

Then Ifeoma’s phone rang and she looked at the number calling her, she looked up and said;

‘It’s Lucas”

“Put him on speaker” Tope who had more experience in hostage situations than everyone in the room said

Ifeoma answered the phone and said;

“Good morning Lucas. I hope you are well”

“I am well ma’am and I am also aware that your army is moving against my palace. I thought we had an agreement that they would leave not come after me”

She answered;

“We had an agreement but you don’t really think we would sit on our hands and take your word for it did you? You have 15 minutes to release her Lucas and then we willcome and get her by ourselves”

“If you as much as step into this complex, you will be burying a president”

Kuyi answered him;

“Maybe we prefer that to handing a whole lot of guns to you”

“Mr anonymous again” Lucas said

“I am beginning to enjoy your cool voice; do you think we can see a movie together?”

Kuyi answered;

“Yeah I can watch you locked in one of our holding facilities in Tetuan and you can watcha lot of well armed Nigerian soldiers take your country down. Nice movie don’t you think?”

“All I asked for is some guns since you have blocked my supplies”

Ifeoma answered;

“Then it will be better you just give up and lether go”

Lucas laughed and said;

“Then what? We make a deal, you don’t kill me or what?”

Buba answered;

“We don’t make deals with terrorists Lucas, you know that already”

“Okay then, I guess I have to make sure I don’tget caught by your troops then. Lucas said and he hung up”

Ifeoma looked towards Kuyi and then at Buba and then Tope and she asked;

“What next?”

“We give the order ma’am” Buba said

Ifeoma put her hand on the communicator that linked straight to the troops in Tetuan and the voice answered immediately,

“We are in position Abuja and waiting for a go”

Ifeoma looked around the room and the heads nodded. She taped her fingernails on the huge and thick table for some seconds and said;

“Proceed with black water Captain”

3 Likes

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by oyestephen(m): 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
Proceed grin......I like that word
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
oyestephen: Proceed grin......I like that word
I am glad....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
I should have another update in tonight or in the wee hours of 2morrow....my PC is down but I have an alternative plus at some point guys, the updates might come in slowly but that's cos I might need to do some research or allow the thoughts come freely to me.....

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
By all means,take your time... This was......outta this world.

Thumbs up,man!

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
nonisofast: By all means,take your time... This was......outta this world.

Thumbs up,man!
Thanks
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Ollyfad(f): 11:02am On Jun 05, 2013
Hehehe sum1 is reppin my skul.am lovin dis wryt up,kip it up
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by decoderdgenius(m): 11:14am On Jun 05, 2013
Where is the promised update. I'm dying here. HELP!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by fiolaP(f): 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
Mynd 44...i remember when i read the Tri-paternal son..i was glued till the very end of the story...that is excatly how i feel right now..you have a way with sequential write-up..am counting down to ur next update....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Peterpan1(m): 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
Nice, superb and suspence filled, pls more updates.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MissFibre(f): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
Would you hide my comment if I only shine my teeth because that was how it has been since I found the story last night grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
I am so without inspiration......
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
Nothing........I am not settled
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MissFibre(f): 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mynd_44: Nothing........I am not settled

How about if I blow kisses round about this thread kiss kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
Miss_Fibre:

How about if I blow kisses round about this thread kiss kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
I don't know.... Nothing is coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.