Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (127730 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:16am On Jun 14, 2013
Another two guards sat at the back watching what was happening around a little fire made of firewood. Michael looked and wondered if there were more guards behind but something told him there won’t be any. He put his hands behind him and walked towards them;

“I was taking a late night stroll and my walk brought in this direction”

Some distance away, there was another burst of guns as the shots in the distance increased.

The guard looked at him suspiciously and said;

“What sort of stroll at this time of the night?”

“Well I just thought I should see the presidential palace”

The guards looked at him suspiciously and walk closer to him as he tried to understand the stranger well.

Michael continued;

“You see, my team and I intend to break into the palace and we thought this way would be easier to pass than the remaining gates”

The other guards sitting by the fire called out to their colleague wondering what was keeping their colleague and one of them walked towards them. Michael looked and saw them come and smiled inwardly. He looked behind him and then walked closer towards the guards.

The first guard still thought Michael was joking said;

“Look, this is protected territory and I am not in the mood for jokes right now so run along before we have to arrest you”

The other two guards came there and one said;

“What’s going on here?”

The guard said;

“This man here said something about breaking into the palace”

The three of them looked at Michael who just looked back smiling at them sheepishly and the second guard said;

“Young man, do you know what you are getting yourself into? This is not something to joke with”

Michael said;

“I am pretty sure I know what I am saying and you are wasting my time as I and my companions are supposed to be on our way now”

“What companions?”

Michael looked back in the direction where the other members of the team were looking and the guards followed his eyes in that direction but they did not see anyone so the second guard said;

“I don’t see anyone back there pal, you better speak up or else you might be asking for a beating”

“I don’t think I will be the one getting a beating tonight pal”

The guard pulled his gun from his back and shoved it into Michael’s face and he heard a muffled sound as a sharp pain rang through the back of his head and he dropped to the ground. the first guard who had confronted Michael initially looked around him and saw that the third was holding a pistol which he held with his arms stretched out.

The first guard’s eyes open wide and even in the moon lit night, his surprise was evident as the guard shot at him twice and he fell to the ground.

Michael did not move from where he stood ashe watched the guards hit the cold asphalt dead and the guard who shot them lowered the firearm and walked towards him.

“I don’t know what you want inside that palace but I know you better not be caught inside. They called out everyone to the east and north gates so it is possible that you would not meet another guard until you are at the doors so you better hurry”

“Fine, well how about the truck you were supposed to get for us?” Michael said

He pointed into the dark and said;

“The keys are in it and there is a full tank of fuel in it just as was agreed. I will advice you do whatever you do in there fast before you are caught”

“Well that will be our business”
Michael raised his hand and was talking into the communicator while the guard stood wondering what he meant when he said ‘we’. He had not been told what the plan was. All he was told was that they needed to get past the guards at his point and he was to provide a truck and in turn, safe passage will be provided for he and his family out of the war torn country with a sizable amount of money to start a new life with far away from Tetuan and he was more than pleased to agree to the plan.

He looked up and saw eight other people coming towards him and he got scared. He looked at Michael and said;

“I hope you are not trying to kill the president”

Michael said;

“If that was the case, he would be dead already. We want something a lot more worthy of our time than your crazy war lord”

At this time, the remaining members had walked to them and Michael said;

“Shade, link this guy with some comm. And let’s move on”
The guard looked around surprised and as Shade fitted him with a set of ear and mouth piece he said;

“Why exactly am I being wired?”

Michael said without looking back;

“You will be our eyes right here, if you notice anything different, call us”

“Why do I have to wait?” He asked. His face a combination of fear and confusion

“Because they might have called everyone back but some might come back and we will need to know when that happens”
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:20am On Jun 14, 2013
The rest of them walked towards the truck and they all got in as they drove towards the Palace. They passed various road blocks but they were unmanned as they have all been called out to streng then the guards and the team drove until they arrived at the gate.

The gate was more or less a back door to the palace as it was used mainly by the workers and they use it to bring in supplies, food other necessary items into the palace. The distance from the gate to the entrance was also not more than a hundred meters which made it easier for the team to walk in without fear of been seen. The gate was hinged to a 15 foot wall which ran both sides of the gate and a quick look left and right showed the team that no one was in sight; even the security stand at the gate itself seemed deserted and except for the small issue that it was locked, it was almost as if nothing of importance was happening within the walls the gate was hinged on.

In the distance, there were sounds of automatic gun fire and occasional sounds of heavy guns and some cannons. The moon stillshone down at them making the night visible and the silver color of the gate shone and reflected the moonlight back at them. they had rode without headlights in the truck so as to make sure they were not detected but so far, they were glad they did not see anyone and so far, the mission was going according to plan.

The truck was parked along the wall some distance away from the gate and they all got down and walked cautiously towards the gate. They discovered that it had been locked with chain from the inside and a look through the gate showed that there was no one to be seen.

Michael said into his communicator as he wassure everyone could hear him;

“Okay people, this is what we came here for, there cannot be any mistakes.”

He looked back and saw that they were all behind him on a straight line and he raised his right hand and said;

“John, Dare. Get on those locks; you have less than two minutes. Shade, send a message back home so they know we are starting. The rest of, stay with me and keep your eyes peeled”

Two members of the team put back their guns and went to work on the gates while Shade got on one knee trying to get a message sent to the NNS Owuro which will be transmitted back to the defense headquarters.

She got reception quickly and as she rose to her feet she said;

“Message sent. Now we just have to wait until the gate is opened”

All of them looked towards the two working on the gate and John said;

“That was almost too easy but this is Tetuan; I was not expecting the locks to be any more difficult”

Micheal said;

“Okay. John, stay behind and watch our backs. The rest of you, I hope you still remember the schematics of the building as we don’t have the time for mistakes. We can just go in and come out within ten minutes”

The remaining eight of them walked into the compound and started a run towards the closest door which stood in front of them. They had their weapons drawn and trained towards the door waiting for anyone to come out of the house but no one came out. The only sounds they heard was from the guns in the distance and the closer they got, the louder the guns were but that did not stopped them.

They got in front of the door and they surrounded it as Michael stretched his hand and opened the door slowly while he put his head into the room within. He saw two men probably cooks, busy over a stove and a third some feet away carrying a bowl of flower. They were dressed in old military uniforms and the man with the bowl looked up to see Michael walk into the kitchen. His eyes brightened and he tried to say something buthe feel to the ground as Michael shot him between the eyes and he did not know what killed him.

The remaining two looked towards the man who fell to the ground and the flour in the bowl he was carrying had spilled to the ground covering his face in the white color of the flour. They moved towards him as Michael swung the door opened and they looked towards him.

Michael stepped in with his gun drawn followed by the remaining members of his team walked behind him as one of the cooks attempted to run towards a door. He stoppedand he fell to the ground under the influence of bullets from Izu’s silenced gun. The other cook raised his hand in the air and Shade who had walked slowly behind him took him down and tied his arms behind his back and tapped his mouth shut.

They secured the bodies of the two dead men and the tied cook inside one of the stores, left another man in the kitchen and then the remaining seven rushed into the palace with guns drawn with all readiness to shoot and kill.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:22am On Jun 14, 2013
The kitchen lead them to the dining room which was empty and then through the mainhall where they met some guns touting guards but they were also taken down before they could even blink. They change their clothes as they put on the uniforms of the guards the kill until they were all wearing the uniform of the Tetuan army and went through the main hall and towards the staircase.

They were dressed in the uniforms of the army and when they walked through the various rooms, they did not have to kill anyone, they just walked past and gave nods to the various guards they met on the way as their made their way as a group up the stairs and towards the towers which served as bedrooms.
The office complex was another building attached to the living quarters and in one of the offices, Lucas was worried in his office asthe information he got from his men fighting back the Nigerians was not encouraging. They were not enough in numbers and he had almost emptied out the palace leaving justa handful of men to protect the palace itself. He had tried to call the Nigerians to try to threaten them in order to buy him some time but he could not get through to them and he thought communications might have been jammed by the Nigerians and he felt more afraid than he was before as although this was all part of his plan, he thought of what might happen if he failed the result will be catastrophic. He got up and sat down on his chair more than twenty times and continued speaking to his men at the entrances that were under attack and prayed they could hold on long enough for reinforcement to arrive.

He knew that he would have to move the Nigerian president soon but he wanted to doso when his men came so his subordinates will not look at him like he was deserting the and running away. He kept barking orders into his communicators and once a while look out the window.

The team went up the stair way until they reached the floor where they were told the president was held and they were stopped by guards

“Where are you going?”

“General Lucas asked us to bring the president as she is to be moved out immediately before the fighting gets too intense” Michael said

The guard looked at them suspiciously as he had not seen them before but the army was always drafting new members and the guards of General Lucas was changed almost weekly as he had issues trusting old one so he led them towards the room the president was held.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MissFibre(f): 6:25am On Jun 14, 2013
Mennnn........ I feel like giving this a dude long kisssssss......

See... Pleaseeeeee.... Moreeeeee....

I am Olivia Twista... grin grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by sambroose(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2013
Miss_Fibre: Mennnn........ I feel like giving this a dude long kisssssss......

not when am around
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:37am On Jun 14, 2013

Oya come kiss na
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:37am On Jun 14, 2013
sambroose: not when am around
Carry your bad belle common for here jorh
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2013
Miss fibre, pls we need u 2 give more and more kisses to mynd o, cos d mynd we all know love getting kisses 4rm sweet lovely ladies lyk u, and sam(badbelle) a kiss wont do any harm na
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
lol
Damex333: Miss fibre, pls we need u 2 give more and more kisses to mynd o, cos d mynd we all know love getting kisses 4rm sweet lovely ladies lyk u, and sam(badbelle) a kiss wont do any harm na
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 12:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
nice story mynd wink hope micheal and shade aren't killed ooo
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by sambroose(m): 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
Carry your bad belle common for here jorh
ehnehn make I no enjoy ur tori again abi
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by IZUKWU(m): 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
Mynd welldone oh. But i hate waiting for updates . Do you mind uploading the whole work at once. I will kill one giant cockroach for you. Thanks.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
Tovot: nice story mynd wink hope micheal and shade aren't killed ooo
Someone has to get killed na
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
sambroose: ehnehn make I no enjoy ur tori again abi
But why you wan spoil my show na? Better behave yourself
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
IZUKWU: Mynd welldone oh. But i hate waiting for updates . Do you mind uploading the whole work at once. I will kill one giant cockroach for you. Thanks.
This is the first time I am doing something like this. Ijebabe asked me to try it and I did. For the first time, it seems I am out of my comfort zone and I have to borrow go slow before I lose it.

Please bear with me
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
shocked sad shocked
Mynd_44:
Someone has to get killed na
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
Tovot: nice story mynd wink hope micheal and shade aren't killed ooo
Don't put ideas in my head grin grin grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
ok we will be patient smiley so i should refresh this page in a year's time ?
Mynd_44:
This is the first time I am doing something like this. Ijebabe asked me to try it and I did. For the first time, it seems I am out of my comfort zone and I have to borrow go slow before I lose it.

Please bear with me
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
Tovot: shocked sad shocked
I have to kill some people ooo
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
Tovot: ok we will be patient smiley so i should refresh this page in a year's time ?
If that works for you grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
ohh i would so love to do that grin
Mynd_44:
Don't put ideas in my head grin grin grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
runs away from thread,this is a killer story , grin
Mynd_44:
I have to kill some people ooo
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
twists his ear,you better update in 3days time,if not i will show you my talent angry
Mynd_44:
If that works for you grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
chai,am turning this thread to chat central, sorry mynd,vantee cheesy
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by sambroose(m): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
But why you wan spoil my show na? Better behave yourself
c dis old man o...................abeg leave d young blood 4 us..........waiting jejely 4 more updates
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by sambroose(m): 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Tovot: chai,am turning this thread to chat central, sorry mynd,vantee cheesy
ma friend u better behave ur sef, u kukuma no say oga.mynd no dey Laf
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Osyxcel(m): 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Damn! See where Oga mind stop shocked

Please do, he needs more encouragement.

Oga mind, kip up d gud work. Really really nice one, but pls ehn, dn't kip us waitin' 4 too long.

IZUKWU: Mynd welldone oh.

Abi na U be d Izu wey dey inside d tori? tongue
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
embarassed
sambroose: ma friend u better behave ur sef, u kukuma no say oga.mynd no dey Laf
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Peterpan1(m): 4:26am On Jun 15, 2013
Exhilirating, keep it up bro, pls update 2day
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Sequoia(m): 4:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
Mynd_44,

You do know how to spin a yarn and as much as i did enjoy The Tri-paternal son, this is so much better!

Keep up the good work!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
Luv wt am readn #Mynd u nid 2publish dis#
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:55am On Jun 16, 2013
Back in Abuja, the conference room which was now the mission control room was filled with nervous humans who strained their necks at every sound coming from each person present. A lot of them are used to late night meetings and the lack of sleep did not bring fatigue but the nervousness did and they all tried to stay sharp. The captains of thetwo squadrons attacking the Tetuan presidential palace was always in touch with them and also had visual feedback to tell them how their mission was progressing andsome wrote down on their pads while othersjust sat back, watching and waiting.

There was radio silence between the actual team going in to get the president and them as although there was no evidence that messages sent between them could be tracedand intercepted, it was too great a risk to take and hence, they were not to communicate unless something really important came up but during certain stages,they were to send messages similar to bleepsto tell what stage they were so when the firstcame in, they knew what it meant. As the mission went on, they had received three of such messages and with the time they were running with, they knew the mission was going according to plan

They had some human asset in the Tetuan government and some of them were guards and they had arranged for a truck and also some to be their eyes and ears. The assets don’t know one another and it was better that way so if one of them is compromised, the others can remain. There were also some DMI agents who watched the palace but were not involved in the mission. These just watched as things progressed and reported back what they saw,

The first message the Team sent was sent when they left the safe house for the presidential palace, the second was sent when they got the truck that had been arranged and the third when they gained access into the palace building itself. Both Ifeoma and Kuyi had gone through the interpretation of each message since a large part of the mission itself had not been discussed with some of the members of the service chiefs either due to time of because the DMI and Palace guards did not want to share it.

When the third message came in, Ifeoma allowed Kuyi explain the interpretation while she excused herself and went into the bathroom. She used the urinal and when she got out, she looked into the mirror and saw that her feature were turning out as her face was turning white. She had watched Kuyi explain the message which was that since the team had gotten into the palace, the next thing to do is to locate the president and get her out of the palace and she had felt her stomach contract out of fear. The mission was at that moment out of everyone’s hands and depends on how the team was able to handle themselves inside the palace. They were to send an emergency message if things within the palace does not go as they planned and the army would push forward towards the palace to help. They had some agents who had slipped through from the army on grounds who could attack the palacedirectly too but that would depend on the success of the team itself and that made her cringe. She had no control and even though Kuyi seemed to be confident that his men would get her out, she was scared out of her senses.

She knew she could not show her concerns and fears in front of everyone else so she washed her face and opened a box above her head and brought out a makeup kit she had kept there for situations such as this andshe went to work with it.

Kuyi saw the fear in not just Ifeoma but everyone present. As the head of the DMI, he was also good at reading people’s emotion and facial gestures and he knew a lot of people around were scared but some were just too afraid for his comfort and he began to wonder if a lot of the people in the room had psychological evaluations before appointed into the office they occupy. The NSA had opted to stay back in Aso Rock with the Vice President where he said he was more useful as he can advice the Vice President on what to do in case a serious decision had to be made and Kuyi had an idea what the decision would be.

The NSA had never supported Nigerian troops in Tetuan as he saw Lucas as someone who should be removed. He did notthink about the sovereignty of Tetuan and had even said Nigeria should support the rebels and help them win the fight. He knowsthat his advice would be that the army moves against Tetuan immediately the president was out and he was not so bothered. He had other things on his mind. Things which he feared within himself but he did not speak out because the picture was still forming.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.