Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread - Education (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread (587802 Views)

2015/2016 Uniport PG Admission Discussion Thread / A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Uniport Admission List Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (457) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by tessyjnr: 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
What is written their is Electrical/Electronics Engineering & Environmental Engineering, they are of two different course
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Donpre(m): 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
Snow30:

Which one is ranked better
Elect/Elect is way popular, and should be ranked better since it comprises both Electrical and Electronics engineering instead of only electrical engineering

they do seem similar, i doubt there is much difference
#MyOpinion
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Donpre(m): 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Am I the only one seeing "10th" in the schedule... I thought it was only 7th - 9th
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by samchem(m): 10:07am On Sep 05, 2016
Pls sir I have my print out of waec and scratch card but it is not coloured hope De will accept it
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 5:13am On Sep 06, 2016
samchem:
Pls sir I have my print out of waec and scratch card but it is not coloured hope De will accept it

They should
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by samchem(m): 7:15am On Sep 06, 2016
otokx:

They should
Thanks am grateful his most honoured comrade
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
Please put your photocopies in a brown A4 envelope and come with it for the screening.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Donpre(m): 9:26am On Sep 07, 2016
wishing all those being screened today success... Can't wait to hear the experiences
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
Donpre:
wishing all those being screened today success... Can't wait to hear the experiences

They received a unique experience.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by WAZOBIA3: 5:45am On Sep 09, 2016
otokx:

Unique indeed.

But something is bothering me right now. In my O'level, I failed Biology. In the JAMB brochure, Biology is not stated as a necessity for my course (Elect/Elect) but yesterday when I went for admission screening, the woman interviewing me said that I need Biology to gain admission. Who could be right? Is a poor Biology grade likely to obfuscate my chances for admission? My JAMB score is 260.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 6:05am On Sep 09, 2016
WAZOBIA3:

Unique indeed.

But something is bothering me right now. In my O'level, I failed Biology. In the JAMB brochure, Biology is not stated as a necessity for my course (Elect/Elect) but yesterday when I went for admission screening, the woman interviewing me said that I need Biology to gain admission. Who could be right? Is a poor Biology grade likely to obfuscate my chances for admission? My JAMB score is 260.

Relax, she is just pulling your legs.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by DrLazDevitan: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2016
Goodmorn All and to the comrade himself,migwo.

I wish every one doing this screening a happy admission.

To my medics friends and aspirants,all success jor!
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by WAZOBIA3: 8:13am On Sep 09, 2016
otokx:

Relax, she is just pulling your legs.
She sounded serious though but I hope she is just pulling my legs. Thanks for the response.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by DrLazDevitan: 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
WAZOBIA3:

Unique indeed.

Agricultural science or Animal husbandry can offset for Biology.

I have experienced a friend of mine that had a change of course due to the nonavailability of this very same biology in this Uniport-he was going for Geophysics.But later was permitted entry in Maths and Stats with no biology.

I have experienced another occasion where a brother of mine,during his screening wasn't allowed into the Faculty of Engineer for the fact he has an O'level result with a pass in biology.But luckily for him,he latered got an entry into his department for the fact that he presented another result that had a credit on biology.On getting to the office for screening after much the running around for this problem and his 2nd result,he met another person in place of the first person that later got him finally screened with that first result with a pass in biology supposing it that Agricultural science then could be used in replacing biology.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by WAZOBIA3: 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
DrLazDevitan:

Agricultural science or Animal husbandry can offset for Biology.

I have experienced a friend of mine that had a change of course due to the nonavailability of this very same biology in this Uniport-he was going for Geophysics.But later was permitted entry in Maths and Stats with no biology.

I have experienced another occasion where a brother of mine,during his screening wasn't allowed into the Faculty of Engineer for the fact he has an O'level result with a pass in biology.But luckily for him,he latered got an entry into his department for the fact that he presented another result that had a credit on biology.On getting to the office for screening after much the running around for this problem and his 2nd result,he met another person in place of the first person that later got him finally screened with that first result with a pass in biology supposing it that Agricultural science then could be used in replacing biology.
Wow, it seem like my prospect of gaining admission is on life support. I didn't add Agricultural science as part of my O'level course. But does it mean the JAMB brochure's significance is to an extent?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Donpre(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
otokx:

seems the experience was so unique, almost every one refuse to share
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Donpre(m): 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2016
WAZOBIA3:

Unique indeed.

Bro, shed more light on the interview part... I thought it was just dropping of documents
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Donpre(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
touch down at uniport this evening... so far, I'm loving the view (trees, buildings, students).
Already located the venue(thanks to really helpful student).

I pray 2moro works out, would love it here.

BTW, the girls at the medical hostel at abuja park are noisy... seriously, where's the mute button? grin
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by samexycool(m): 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by DrEminent: 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2016
Greetings honorable comrade.
Hi everyone.
Nice being here.

I'm really bothered by the pattern of this screening. It seems too simple and commonplace. Will it be too revealing to give us the slightest inkling on what the criteria for admission could be?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 5:38am On Sep 10, 2016
Just be patient, its not rocket science, some may wish to buy basic form as an alternative and realistic backup.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by daviddoc(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Good day Comrade.
I totally understand Sir. I'm just scared of this talk that there will be a lot of going-through-the-back-door since no test was conducted.
We're tired of Basic and Jamb
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by daviddoc(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
DrEminent:
Greetings honorable comrade.
Hi everyone.
Nice being here.

I'm really bothered by the pattern of this screening. It seems too simple and commonplace. Will it be too revealing to give us the slightest inkling on what the criteria for admission could be?
Welcome Bro. From your name, you are for medicine, right?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
How was Donpre's experience?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Donpre(m): 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
otokx:
How was Donpre's experience?
Good day comrade,

hahaha my experience was quite unique, uniport was both fun and frustrating... I would write a detailed post later.

The crowd that showed up was so massive my morale of getting admitted disappeared. We thank God sha, and know he will see us through, admitted or not.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by DrLazDevitan: 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
My doc friends,how did the screening go?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 9:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
Donpre:

Good day comrade,

hahaha my experience was quite unique, uniport was both fun and frustrating... I would write a detailed post later.

The crowd that showed up was so massive my morale of getting admitted disappeared. We thank God sha, and know he will see us through, admitted or not.

What is your Jamb score and dept? You may wish to pick up basic form.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
On a lighter note

There is this year 2 MCB student with a CGPA of 3.3 who has been desirous of studying medicine so he put in for Jamb and got a score of 19x.

We advised him not to bother picking up the screening form but the guy said things can change.

Some of the people that came for screening today in Medicine dept are already students.

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by DrEminent: 11:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
Thanks comrade.

@Daviddoc, Yes I am.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Donpre(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2016
otokx:

What is your Jamb score and dept? You may wish to pick up basic form.
254, Med... Yea ama consider it, though basic sure is expensive
Anyway, honorable comrade sir. When should we expect the heartbreak?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Donpre(m): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2016
DrLazDevitan:
My doc friends,how did the screening go?
The screening was okay, I arrived first, some minutes to 7am, before long, the place was packed with people. 8:06am, we were asked to line up alphabetically and asked to filled the super huge hall at the school of basic.
Everything was snappy, though some aspirants were questioned when needed, however for some reason I was done by past 10, then waited for a friend till 12:30.

I do admire the patience of the screeners, they did kick anyone out or yelled at anyone.... Overall it was a nice experience

BTW, do med students have an exam, I saw a few reading last's and signh's embryology?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:37am On Sep 11, 2016
Donpre:

The screening was okay, I arrived first, some minutes to 7am, before long, the place was packed with people. 8:06am, we were asked to line up alphabetically and asked to filled the super huge hall at the school of basic.
Everything was snappy, though some aspirants were questioned when needed, however for some reason I was done by past 10, then waited for a friend till 12:30.

I do admire the patience of the screeners, they did kick anyone out or yelled at anyone.... Overall it was a nice experience

BTW, do med students have an exam, I saw a few reading last's and signh's embryology?
nice experience donpre

Yep yep
Senior colleague are making move to deal with part 1 Mb exam in no time. Jacking ti take over

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (457) (Reply)

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.