Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? (42292 Views)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result / Unilorin Post-UME Result: What Did You Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by grandpoh(m): 10:22am On May 06, 2013
DIBU is incompetent i cn categorically say dat....i cnt c mai result...y? No biometric verification.......which i did b4 entrn in2 d exam hall i even did it twice 2 confirm mai info....i was amazed wen i saw d trash.........NW gimme 1 gud reason he shudn't be assasinated.......my sickness cmt be cured medically coz xinc fri i'v been thinkn nd depressed!!!

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by EmperorSpecie(m): 10:23am On May 06, 2013
Lilimax:
Students does not read anymore. Everbody wants to a Musician, Actors/actresses,
Dancer, Stand-up comedian, Project fame, NIgerian Idols etc. coupled with endless time they spend on-line chatting, facebooking, watching DSTV to metion but a few.

i laff soteee i mess! Quite unsure if u read ur bukz eida. Evidnt in gbagz. Charcoal cllin pot black!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by shefflaw(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2013
ajasa4link: Na wa O̶̲̥̅̊,even those that A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ always on nairaland 24/7 waiting to post ''1st to comment'' A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ now claiming they studied very hard for †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ exam... Of a truth, †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ results A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ very poor but I Ѡill say †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ students A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ partly to be blamed as well as †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ jamb officials... Majority of †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ students indulged i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ exam malpractice and expected it to be business as usual this year but it seems jamb has devised a means of catching which they failed to disclose... Ȋ̝̊̅†̥'s just my opinion o
what else do u expect 4rm student cheating of course cz no matter aw hard u study 4 JAMB,dem go still JAM U...d problems starts 4rm d oga's on top
Gbam!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Kingslaw(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2013
~Bluetooth:

What difference will it make if about 90% passed the exam and post-ume only for the minister of education to tell them that just 500,000 candidates can be admitted due to inadquate space in the university system ?

AT LIST THEY COULD HAVE JUST PASS THE 90%, SO THAT THE HAPPINESS WILL BE THERE.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Ejine(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2013
grandpoh: DIBU is incompetent i cn categorically say dat....i cnt c mai result...y? No biometric verification.......which i did b4 entrn in2 d exam hall i even did it twice 2 confirm mai info....i was amazed wen i saw d trash.........NW gimme 1 gud reason he shudn't be assasinated.......my sickness cmt be cured medically coz xinc fri i'v been thinkn nd depressed!!!

Please, who is this DIBU you guys are talking about? I don't understand...
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Haybayray: 10:27am On May 06, 2013
Ejiné:

Please, who is this DIBU you guys are talking about? I don't understand...
The UTME Registrar. That fuckwit is not the son of his father.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Kruzilano(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2013
Bt many of the candidate 4 dis year prepared very hard than last year bt dy passed beta last year......though d mal practise came....u also shld knw dat it was encouraged by many centres...dia r speculations that100 marks were reducted 4 most candid8 score

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by biz2get(m): 10:31am On May 06, 2013
stankezzy: you are not wise,u should know that it was icpc/anti-malpractice ,are inviting her for interogstion.do u think she does not know.

So tell me how do they expect the 9 that scored above 300 to entails school?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 06, 2013
Lilimax:
Dancer, Stand-up comedian, Project fame, NIgerian Idols etc. coupled with endless time they spend on-line chatting, facebooking, watching DSTV to metion but a few.

Are you kidding me ? Stop acting like a genius here,it's not like you are smart either !

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:32am On May 06, 2013
viccipedia: are you serious? what number do you have in mind when you say few? we are been exploited here and you are talking about thrash and social networks.... it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.... speak for urself or dont speak atall..... if jamb know that the spaces available in the in the institutions are limited, the forms should also be limited how can you sell 1.7 million forms when you only have 500k spaces? it makes absolutely no sense. this has gone on for a very long tym nd I must say if nothing is done it will continue, even our so called institutions are following the same footsteps... you know u can only admit 7000 students and then you sell 100k post utme forms... ths is just bad...

Are you for real So how what percentage of forms should be sold? So because there are slots for 500k students in higher institution they should sell just 500k Do you know how many students write SSCE annually? Don't they all deserve a chance to fight for the available 500k slots available in higher institutions? Jamb is by MERIT, if you don't make the crop then nurse it in quiet please. Leniency and compromise is ruining our EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM. I my opinion, Only the best should be admitted.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:33am On May 06, 2013
For me I would say student don't read. In my place I have two neighbours that write this exam. Believe me I will enter there house n meet them sleeping or watching tv or talking nonsense. I will ask them to read. I even give one money to buy past questions but she didn't buy. The other boy go out n play games or go for dancing class.
Look this generation don't read. That's my point. They score 145 n the other score 195. N 115. They depends on runs.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by omoola007(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2013
this sums it up

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by myjobsfinder(m): 10:35am On May 06, 2013
Result don poor e don poor no remedy make una stop lamenting @ [size=30pt]http://leoweblink..com[/size]
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by fxman62: 10:35am On May 06, 2013
Hm. Is there anything else to add? The truth is that the youth of this generation is not given to much reading. Most of the candidates for this exam did not prepare at all. You need to see them at the so-called coaching centres. They go with no books (Do they have textbooks in the first place?) They do not listen to their teachers and they are for ever chatting on their phones! Examinations are not passed that way. Let no one blame JAMB or lack of enough spaces in our univeristies. It is just a case of candidates not preparing well. Some years ago when I was admitted to Unibadan, I was told of a lecturer who will never award above 50% in his course. The 2nd year people tried to dissuade me from picking the lecturer's course as an elective, but I did. I studied hard and scored 68% in that same course. But for a careless mistake that I made attempting one of the questions, I would have scored above 70! I never believe any person or organisation will purposely fail a candidate in an examination. It is just a question of what the candidate has written which of course will be a product of his preparation. Am I therefore saying there were no candidates who prapared well and still did not do well? Of course No!. For such candidates, I only say "You may be down, but don't stay down. Rise up and forget the failure of this year. Commence preparations for next year's exam now and definitely you will make it". Let every candidate do a very impartial assessment of his or her preaparations for the exam and where you are convinced you have prepared very well, use this failure as a stepping stone to greater things and if you discover any lapse in your preparations, don't shift the blame. Accept your shortcomings, change your ways and I tell you, next year will be better.

7 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:35am On May 06, 2013
Lilimax:

So true!! When i was preparing I constantly got distracted by beeps from twitter and the likes so I decided to switch the darn thing off. Students don't read these days i tell ya
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by haladug(m): 10:40am On May 06, 2013
The truth be told, Majority of candidates rely on malpractice rather than hardwork which is nowadays so pervasive and quite distubing.
I remember getting a broadcast of the purpoted answers in the early hours of the saturday the exams was written. some relied on that option without considering what PAPER TYPE stands for.
I suggest JAMB makes the exams hencefoth strictly computer based, that way, there wont be an outcry of victimization cos you unbiasedly get back the garbbage you give in. #MyOpinon

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by shadelek(m): 10:40am On May 06, 2013
What i observed in this years utme result:- students really prepared wel but the result failed to show the true preparation of students. Examination mal practice was rampant compared with last years exam. Utme categorically failed students due to over population of aspirants i.e 1.7m compared to available 500k admission slot. Overall-utme should take 40% of the blame, gej 45%, aspirants 15%
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 06, 2013
fxman62: Hm. Is there anything else to add? The truth is that the youth of this generation is not given to much reading. Most of the candidates for this exam did not prepare at all. You need to see them at the so-called coaching centres. They go with no books (Do they have textbooks in the first place?) They do not listen to their teachers and they are for ever chatting on their phones! Examinations are not passed that way. Let no one blame JAMB or lack of enough spaces in our univeristies. It is just a case of candidates not preparing well. Some years ago when I was admitted to Unibadan, I was told of a lecturer who will never award above 50% in his course. The 2nd year people tried to dissuade me from picking the lecturer's course as an elective, but I did. I studied hard and scored 68% in that same course. But for a careless mistake that I made attempting one of the questions, I would have scored above 70! I never believe any person or organisation will purposely fail a candidate in an examination. It is just a question of what the candidate has written which of course will be a product of his preparation. Am I therefore saying there were no candidates who prapared well and still did not do well? Of course No!. For such candidates, I only say "You may be down, but don't stay down. Rise up and forget the failure of this year. Commence preparations for next year's exam now and definitely you will make it". Let every candidate do a very impartial assessment of his or her preaparations for the exam and where you are convinced you have prepared very well, use this failure as a stepping stone to greater things and if you discover any lapse in your preparations, don't shift the blame. Accept your shortcomings, change your ways and I tell you, next year will be better.

When they pass they say I got an A, B, etc when they fail they say 'The man/woman gave me F'; You never get to appreciate the laziness of students until a lecturer shows you their scripts. Students have stopped studying

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by penzino(m): 10:42am On May 06, 2013
outrage: [size=16pt]BBM, 2go, WHATSAPP, BADOO, TWITTER and NAIRALAND.[/size]

If you think so hit the like button
a week ago, they were updating "jamb tins on my mind" instead of reading... Oya ooo make una update "result tins" make we see na.... Yeye people, una never start.. Spent all ur time on social networks becos u were depending on something else... Shey jamb don jam una... Pls try again next year, its not the end of the world....

4 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 06, 2013
L u c i d:

So true!! When i was preparing I constantly got distracted by beeps from twitter and the likes so I decided to switch the darn thing off. Students don't read these days i tell ya

This is a brain fallacy.

You implied that all students don't read instead they get distracted by social networks.How could only you do away with social network and think other students did not follow suit ?

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by itunu8(f): 10:43am On May 06, 2013
adefemi007:
I got 205 but is it enough to study comp science in futa?

Studyn in futa presntly... Yes, and only if u do real well in ur post UME.. U'll def get in
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by mjconcept(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2013
L u c i d:

Are you for real So how what percentage of forms should be sold? So because there are slots for 500k students in higher institution they should sell just 500k Do you know how many students write SSCE annually? Don't they all deserve a chance to fight for the available 500k slots available in higher institutions? JAMB IS BY MERIT, if you don't make the crop then nurse it in quiet please. Leniency and compromise is ruining our EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM. I my opinion, Only the best should be admitted.
The bolded part scared the living daylight out of me, Jamb by merit, the devil is a liar.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by BrightDeGea(m): 10:45am On May 06, 2013
Don't be a fool and stop mentioning social networking sites, u ar no better than those who scored 100, do you think those that use mal-practise didn't spent sleepless nights reading during thier 4th attempt? Yet jamb gave them 179, they got tired of the board and used mal practise, don't get me wrong i don't support this dirty act but i know four person that did not read at all yet they scored above 250, so if u hav noting to say shut up pls, don't be a fool u ar a Nigerian i excpect more maturity and wisdom from u

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:45am On May 06, 2013
krimboy897: Same thing bothering me.. The highest score i have heard of is 181. Pls, if u scored above 200, signify. Tank U
i scored 211 but was expecting more though
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Stlatyv(m): 10:46am On May 06, 2013
Geniusvic: pls does anyone know which
good private universities
that accept candidates
whose jamb scores are less
than 180/cut-off?
try alhikmah university,ilorin,kwara state. Am nt prity sure sha
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by MillionDollars: 10:48am On May 06, 2013
cause?? Too much of sex among youths... Sefini
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by OmoKhary(f): 10:49am On May 06, 2013
Why won't jamb fail you guys?when people open blogs for "runs",everybody is depending on runs!
Instead of lamenting,go back to the drawing board and work on your mistakes!utme has come and gone.
Those of you who scored 180-199,apply for post utme for polytechnics and 200-above prepare for both polytechnics and university.All this debate won't change anything.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:50am On May 06, 2013
shadelek: What i observed in this years utme result:- students really prepared wel but the result failed to show the true preparation of students. Examination mal practice was rampant compared with last years exam. Utme categorically failed students due to over population of aspirants i.e 1.7m compared to available 500k admission slot. Overall-utme should take 40% of the blame, gej 45%, aspirants 15%

Your argument holds no water and wreaks of mediocrity. Stop playing the victim. My opinion is 'only the best should be selected'. Higher education and mediocrity don't mix.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Jollyakat(m): 10:50am On May 06, 2013
Igboboy59: i dont no too for my side here in osun thier result is very poor .can u imagine candidate scoring 40

The result was so so bad here in osun state.I never heard of this in jamb since I was born. Imagine a candidate with 98 out of 400mark.ƒ҈я̲̣̣̥​ crying so loud I don't even think jamb mark what candidate did this year.I guess they just dash out mark the way they like cos its somehow confusing.....imagine a candidate who score 249 last year without much preparionand this year with full preparion scoring 170...this is so bad.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by opendo21(m): 10:50am On May 06, 2013
Nobody wants to blame the "uncontrolled" use of social media as one very BIG cause of their failure. Sometimes when I look at my phone, I just thank God I had already graduated before buying this BB, if not ehn, "I for see fire". If u didn't spend more than 150-175 study hours on each subject, don't tell me you studied hard. If you spend more than 2 hours daily on any social media, you re just wasting your brain processing useless information. What many of you don't understand is that many of those past questions contain grave errors, The answers to some of those questions look so "right" but if u haven't read the particular text-book they extracted those questions from, U might just be picking the wrong answer thinking that it's d right one. Use books specifically tailored to meet Jamb's needs like Lamlad's 4 Maths. Don't believe everything you read, ask questions. #My2kobo. As to all those cursing Oga Dibu at d Top ,I'm not sure he set his eyes on d OMR during marking sef, Just keep trying,your turn will come.

5 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 06, 2013
~Bluetooth:

This is a brain fallacy.

You implied that all students don't read instead they get distracted by social networks.How could only you do away with social network and think other students did not follow suit ?

The word is 'DISCIPLINE'. I identified my flaw and check-mated it before it check-mated me. Dig
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:52am On May 06, 2013
wat is d kos of d mas felio?

am soprized dat som1 is askn dis kind ? wen we hav gsm fon 2 brwz n chat!

if we no brwz n chat, we go wash hom video, or kable.

den we kn kom 2 nairaland 2 abuse GEJ n ren insults on any1 hu vex us.

hu nid korect eng? wen we kan rait shot code.

hu nid 2 tink, wen kalkulato dey our fon?

hu nid 2 rid wen runs fit happen?

hu nid 2 rid wen popsi fit buy admishon na?

Nigeria never had a foundation! It was built on the guts of over zealous whitemen who thought they could play God and get away with it. This is the beginning! Everything has collapsed.
It is time to restructure Nigeria!

C[b]ongratulations to those passed because they worked hard.[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Killed This Rat In My Hostel In LAUTECH (Photos) / SHELL Petroleum (SPDC) Scholarship / Seeing This As The Parent, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.