Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? (3073 Views)

£100 To Any Christian Who Can Prove The Hindu God Doesn't Exist / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / 10 Reasons Why God Doesn't Exist Today, Tomorrow And 4ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 7:41am On May 05, 2013
I have come to the realization that no one can prove that God doesn't exist.. even the atheist in the house can't too.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by calm9090(m): 8:06am On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:
I have come to the realization that no one can prove that God doesn't exist.. even the atheist in the house can't too.

Can you prove that he does exist ?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:12am On May 05, 2013
We dey discuss for another thread. You just run come here..

Smh..

I'll post the comments from that thread here.. We could continue here... grin
#RespectMoney$:

How can u say that RELIGIOUS GODS are real as IDEAS?
Because they are.
Consider this: Right now, I believe a horse with a blue tail, red lips, and pink legs exists.
That's an idea. It stays in my head. I can see it my mind's eye.

#RespectMoney$:

in as much as u practical doubt them or rather still u don't believe in them.
Do you believe in the horse above or do you doubt its existence?

#RespectMoney$:

See that's my point here u can't prove that God doesn't exist so whyTF do u doubt the existence
Can you prove 100% that such a horse doesn't exist?

#RespectMoney$:

Seriously u need to go back to base cuz u don't really have any reason being an atheist, u r just a wannabe.
U need to go find a stable and stop being a wannabe horse hater...

2 Likes

Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Ozegbe(m): 8:18am On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:
what are ur proves that he exist?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by manmustwac(m): 8:23am On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:
You go to Church you read the bible you pay your tithes its you or your religious people like you that evangelise at motor parks on public transport or door to door spreading the word your Lord Jesus Christ so the onus is on you to prove what you believe.

If I said to you that the Sun dose not exist will you say to me that I have to prove that the Sun don't exist or will you just say that (wherever I am on this Planet that) I should just look outside of my window to prove the Sun exists?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 8:25am On May 05, 2013
Ozegbe:
what are ur proves that he exist?
No prove that I give u now will satisfy u okk. Just hold on to this for now. How do u wake up every morning? Why do u find it so difficult to resist nature call in d nite? And why r u thinking about God now?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:26am On May 05, 2013
@rm: please reply me on this thread.. No need to continue on the other one...

#RespectMoney$:

See I can't doubt ur horse because it is urs and believe me only u can see that kinda horse in dis life no one can share that kinda idea with u okk...
Good. You're getting there. But I could transfer that idea to you can't I? Say I draw an image of the horse with pink lips and all, then tell you the horse created this world and deserves your worship.....

#RespectMoney$:

Ur idea is lame cuz everyone knows how a real horse looks like urs can be or rather still ur imagination, a creature of ur own making.
In other words, you can't 100% disprove my horse. Same way I can't disprove your God. It's your imagination, unfortunately a creature of someone else's imagination.

#RespectMoney$:

Listen here, we are talking about a supreme being so to say, which no one has even seen nor touch we all just believe that he/she exists ok.

Getting closer, my guy... Same way I could chose to believe in the horse no one has ever seen or touched..

#RespectMoney$:

my point here is that how can u fully doubt something u have never come in contact with? It is like u didn't touch d elephant at all when others did.. for the second time GO BACK TO BASE!!!

How can you fully doubt the existence of my horse?

GO TO A STABLE..
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 8:34am On May 05, 2013
musKeeto: @rm: please reply me on this thread.. No need to continue on the other one...

Good. You're getting there. But I could transfer that idea to you can't I? Say I draw an image of the horse with pink lips and all, then tell you the horse created this world and deserves your worship.....

In other words, you can't 100% disprove my horse. Same way I can't disprove your God. It's your imagination, unfortunately a creature of someone else's imagination.

Getting closer, my guy... Same way I could chose to believe in the horse no one has ever seen or touched..

GO TO A STABLE..

See man I can't call u foolish for believing in that kinda house okk. The reason why I brought up this discussion is that many atheists here in NL keep on asking believers to prove the existence of God. So I wanna know their conviction, the reason why they claim that God doesn't exit
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 8:38am On May 05, 2013
calm9090:

Can you prove that he does exist ?
I asked u to prove that he/she doesn't exist. Answer first and I will give a reason to fast for 40 days and nite asking God to forgive u for doubting him.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:39am On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

See man I can't call u foolish for believing in that kinda house okk. The reason why I brought up this discussion is that many atheists here in NL keep on asking believers to prove the existence of God. So I wanna know their conviction, the reason why they claim that God doesn't exit
The moment I claim my horse interacts with the world, and deserves worship, the onus falls on me to prove it.

If I say my horse demands your worship and adoration, it would only be logical for you to ask me WHY not show you HOW NOT.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:43am On May 05, 2013
manmustwac: You go to Church you read the bible you pay your tithes its you or your religious people like you that evangelise at motor parks on public transport or door to door spreading the word your Lord Jesus Christ so the onus is on you to prove what you believe.

If I said to you that the Sun dose not exist will you say to me that I have to prove that the Sun don't exist or will you just say that (wherever I am on this Planet that) I should just look outside of my window to prove the Sun exists?

Morning MMW,

...and this is your proof?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:44am On May 05, 2013
musKeeto: @rm: please reply me on this thread.. No need to continue on the other one...

GO TO A STABLE..

Morning boss,

E be like say una no sabi wetin dem dey call proof again o...
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 8:45am On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:
The moment I claim my horse interact
s with the world, and deserves worship, the onus is on you to prove it.

If I say my horse demands your worship and adoration, it would only be logical for you to ask me WHY not show you HOW NOT.
U an atheist right?
As an atheist what do u live for and what do u hope for? U know some people who claim that they r atheist don't have any stand.... What the story behind u turning to an atheist?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:47am On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:
The moment I claim my horse interacts with the world, and deserves worship, the onus falls on me to prove it.

...and the second I say the horse is just an idea and does not exist, I share the same burden of proof. Make a claim...prove your claim.

musKeeto:

True!!!
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 8:51am On May 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Morning MMW,

...and this is your proof?
U see some people don't know the reason why they do the things that they do.. someone will wake up one morning and declare himself as an atheist... That's all Bullshit to me.. they need a brain surgery, a serious one
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:54am On May 05, 2013
striktlymi:

...and the second I say the horse is just an idea and does not exist, I share the same burden of proof.
By calling the horse an idea, I claim it exists in your head. If it's in your head, the onus falls on you to prove it exists outside your head, that it's more than just an idea.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:55am On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

U see some people don't know the reason why they do the things that they do.. someone will wake up one morning and declare himself as an atheist... That's all Bullshit to me.. they need a brain surgery, a serious one

Respect man...

I quite agree that there are peeps who are into Atheism for the very wrong reasons but still there are those who are Atheists because of very sincere convictions...these I understand and do not think they need brain surgery and the rest...
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 9:00am On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:
By calling the horse an idea, I claim it exists in your head. If it's in your head, the onus falls on you to prove it exists outside your head, that it's more than just an idea.

No boss...if someone says another lacks the ability to appear in court for reasons of insanity...the onus is on the individual who makes this claim to prove his case (whether the individual is the prosecution or the defendant is immaterial)...

In the same vein...saying that the horse is just an idea is very different from saying that 'I refuse to accept your belief'...the first position clearly shows a belief while the other is purely 'disbelief'...if one holds a belief the individual is bound by this same burden of proof...
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 9:10am On May 05, 2013
striktlymi:
No boss...if someone says another lacks the ability to appear in court for reasons of insanity...the onus is on the individual who makes this claim to prove his case (whether the individual is the prosecution or the defendant is immaterial)...
Sorry, I fail to see how this relates with the concept of an idea. I'm not calling anyone insane neither am I claiming to be sane. As DeepSight succinctly put it on another thread, we're struggling to understand reality...

striktlymi:
In the same vein...saying that the horse is just an idea is very different from saying that 'I refuse to accept your belief'...the first position clearly shows a belief while the other is purely 'disbelief'...if one holds a belief the individual is bound by this same burden of proof...
Let's break this down.

Christian: I believe in Yahweh (idea of A SUPREME BEING)

Muslim: Na, I don't believe in yours. I'd rather believe in Allah (another idea)

Atheist: These are all ideas. I can live without one...

Christian & Muslim: But you'd go to hell if you don't believe in either.

Atheist: Then show me proof? If I'm going to practice Ramadan or take the holy communion, I'd need proof first.

Christian/Muslim: NO, show us proof they don't exist.

@Stryk: I've told you earlier I have no ish with the concept of a CREATOR. This thread should rather focus on the religious gods. Especially those that have books that claim to express their minds and will - Quran and Bible.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 9:10am On May 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Respect man...

I quite agree that there are peeps who are into Atheism for the very wrong reasons but still there are those who are Atheists because of very sincere convictions...these I understand and do not think they need brain surgery and the rest...
Let me no put it too hard that all of them need a brain surgery.. I don't have any problem with atheists as a big family cuz we are all in dis world today and everyone has the right to religion as such Kk. Every has they right to believe whatsoever he/she wants to believe same as everyone has they right to breathe. My problem lies with individual head not as a body ok.. I have met many atheists, both black and white and believe me some of them knows the bible than many Christians. of course, they should cuz they devil knows the bible well. My people who don't have a reason, no occasion, no scenario to back up their atheism. They r just atheist for nothing sake... U grab?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 9:23am On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:
Sorry, I fail to see how this relates with the concept of an idea. I'm not calling anyone insane neither am I claiming to be sane. As DeepSight succinctly put it on another thread, we're struggling to understand reality...

Both are claims which requires proof...

musKeeto:
Let's break this down.

Let's go there...

musKeeto:
Christian: I believe in Yahweh (idea of A SUPREME BEING)

Nah men...you want it to be an idea...what I am saying is that my belief in God is based on 'experience'...

musKeeto:
Muslim: Na, I don't believe in yours. I'd rather believe in Allah (another idea)

...and the Muslim tells you this is an idea?

musKeeto:
Atheist: These are all ideas. I can live without one...

This is cool cause you are the one calling it an idea (not the Christian and certainly not the Muslim)...

musKeeto:
Christian & Muslim: But you'd go to hell if you don't believe in either.

I don't believe that...it's not that easy to go to hell.

musKeeto:
Atheist: Then show me proof? If I'm going to practice Ramadan or take the holy communion, I'd need proof first.

The above is cool and very understandable but you left out one tiny detail...why ask for proof when you call it an idea? Since you hold that it is indeed an idea, you have some proving to do too...

musKeeto:
Christian/Muslim: NO, show us proof they don't exist.

...we ask you for proof because Atheists claim to have brains and since they are the custodian of this brain they need to prove whatever claims they make...

musKeeto:
@Stryk: I've told you earlier I have no ish with the concept of a CREATOR. This thread should rather focus on the religious gods. Especially those that have books that claim to express their minds and will - Quran and Bible.

That creator is who I call God...and Sacred scriptures does not express my mind and will...my will is mine.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 9:25am On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

Let me no put it too hard that all of them need a brain surgery.. I don't have any problem with atheists as a big family cuz we are all in dis world today and everyone has the right to religion as such Kk. Every has they right to believe whatsoever he/she wants to believe same as everyone has they right to breathe. My problem lies with individual head not as a body ok.. I have met many atheists, both black and white and believe me some of them knows the bible than many Christians. of course, they should cuz they devil knows the bible well. My people who don't have a reason, no occasion, no scenario to back up their atheism. They r just atheist for nothing sake... U grab?

Okidoki smiley
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 9:31am On May 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Let's go there...

Nah men...you want it to be an idea...what I am saying is that my belief in God is based on 'experience'...

This is cool cause you are the one calling it an idea (not the Christian and certainly not the Muslim)...

The above is cool and very understandable but you left out one tiny detail...why ask for proof when you call it an idea? Since you hold that it is indeed an idea, you have some proving to do too...

...we ask you for proof because Atheists claim to have brains and since they are the custodian of this brain they need to prove whatever claims they make...

That creator is who I call God...and Sacred scriptures does not express my mind and will...my will is mine.
Thank u bro, u believe in God cuz of an experience which u hold dearly tilk date... That not an idea, believing in God is not and will never be an idea.. @Our atheist friend what's ur experience..? Cuz we all know that "no smoke without fire" gladly share with us.. u might save a slaved soul like u atheists claim

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 9:39am On May 05, 2013
striktlymi:
You can't provide proof to assert an idea's existence in someone's head... It's impossible to do so.

striktlymi:
Let's go there...
Lol *switches stick to gear 1*

striktlymi:
I claim it's an idea. This claim implies it resides in your head. Implicitly, I push the burden of claim to you to prove it exists outside your head. I know from experience what time I'd wake up after drinking. I can't claim the same happens for everyone. I CAN'T CLAIM MY EXPERIENCE OF CONSCIOUSNESS IS THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE'S. Your experience remains subjective until you can demonstrate to us why everyone should have such views or experiences with any kind of seriousness.

striktlymi:
Na, I'm the one claiming they're ideas. I believe YAHWEH and ALLAH are two extremely violent ideas. IDEAS and BELIEFS may not be 'physical' but their implications can be very real.

striktlymi:
Certainly.

striktlymi:
Open a thread on NL, and see how this 'idea' may conflict with others... grin

striktlymi:
An idea is a mental imprint. I can't ask for proof or provide proof based on that. But when one claims that idea can cause famines, cause hunger, curse and bless, in essence interact with 'real' beings, it's only right that I ask for proof..

striktlymi:
Read previous.
And btw, everyone has brains. Some have just lost control of theirs (goes for atheists and theists)..

striktlymi:
Sacred Scriptures claim to express the mind and will of these 'ideas'. That you have a will, like many others, is partly responsible for the millions of religions that exist, and the sects/divisions that exist within Christianity alone.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 9:40am On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

Thank u bro, u believe in God cuz of an experience which u hold dearly tilk date... That not an idea, believing in God is not and will never be an idea.. @Our atheist friend what's ur experience..? Cuz we all know that "no smoke without fire" gladly share with us.. u might save a slaved soul like u atheists claim

Go through this thread..

https://www.nairaland.com/1156627/atheists-please-tell-us-conversion
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 10:07am On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:
You can't provide proof to assert an idea's existence in someone's head... It's impossible to do so.

Agreed...now the questions pop up: What is your definition of an idea and why did you tag what the Christians hold to be true as an idea?

musKeeto:
Lol *switches stick to gear 1*

Lol!!!

musKeeto:
I claim it's an idea. This claim implies it resides in your head.

How do you know it's an idea?

musKeeto:
Implicitly, I push the burden of claim to you to prove it exists outside your head.

The only time you would be free from any burden is when you stay at the level of disbelief...

musKeeto:
I know from experience what time I'd wake up after drinking. I can't claim the same happens for everyone. I CAN'T CLAIM MY EXPERIENCE OF CONSCIOUSNESS IS THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE'S.

The above is in order and I agree...

musKeeto:
Your experience remains subjective until you can demonstrate to us why everyone should have such views or experiences with any kind of seriousness.

My experience is very subjective and that is why I am not shoving it down the throat of anyone...I have been asked several times to relate this experience but I have declined because it is subjected to me...Everyone's experience with God is often different but the meeting point is that God exists.

musKeeto:
Na, I'm the one claiming they're ideas. I believe YAHWEH and ALLAH are two extremely violent ideas. IDEAS and BELIEFS may not be 'physical' but their implications can be very real.

I have my thoughts on the bold but will refrain from given it.

musKeeto:
Certainly.

Open a thread on NL, and see how this 'idea' may conflict with others... grin

You do need to draw a distinction between an idea and belief...

musKeeto:
An idea is a mental imprint.

The truth is, if I want to go by mere idea, I would have become a deist...I keep telling people that this makes a whole lot of sense as compared with Atheism...it is undeniable that there exists a creator but what is subjective is the way people see him...if I am still at the realm of an idea I would not have become a Christian...

musKeeto:
I can't ask for proof or provide proof based on that. But when one claims that idea can cause famines, cause hunger, curse and bless, in essence interact with 'real' beings, it's only right that I ask for proof..

You still are the one calling it an idea...asking for proof is no biggy and really in line but the ish there is the simple question: How do you know these claims are just ideas?

musKeeto:
Read previous.
And btw, everyone has brains. Some have just lost control of theirs (goes for atheists and theists)..

A number of Atheists would disagree with you on that...after all I have accepted the verdict passed on me by a very 'smart' Atheist: 'A puny brained idiiot' and that tag is what I go by these days.

musKeeto:
Sacred Scriptures claim to express the mind and will of these 'ideas'. That you have a will, like many others, is partly responsible for the millions of religions that exist, and the sects/divisions that exist within Christianity alone.

Why do you believe they are ideas?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by ooman(m): 10:13am On May 05, 2013
[size=15pt]can you prove that my flying pig does not exist?[/size]

Now you show me the pic of your god tongue

Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 10:15am On May 05, 2013
ooman: [size=15pt]can you prove that my flying pig does not exist?[/size]
[img]
http://www.lynnkindlercoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/flyingpig.jpgw216h207.gif.gif[/img]

Now you show me the pic of your god tongue

Your flying pig is yours man and no one is arguing about it...
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by ooman(m): 10:17am On May 05, 2013
SHUT UP STRIKY

EVEN MORE EVIDENCE OF MY FLYING PIG, MY CREATOR

NOW, WHERE IS YOUR GOD, I ASK AGAIN?

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by ooman(m): 10:25am On May 05, 2013
WHAT MORE, MY GOD, THE PIG, CAN DANCE

Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by ooman(m): 10:26am On May 05, 2013
MY GOD THE PIG FLIES EVEN FASTER AND AGGRESSIVELY

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by ooman(m): 10:32am On May 05, 2013
[size=20pt]HERE IS THE EVIDENCE OF MY CREATOR, THE MAKER OF HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, MY SAVIOR - THE FLYING PIG

NOW I ASK AGAIN, WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE OF YOUR GOD YAHWEH[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tread For MFM 70 Days Fasting And Prayer / Can Atheism Make The World A Better Place? (1) / Why Are Beards Not Allowed For Jehovahs Witnesses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.