Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

C# And SQL Server 2012 For Data Cleansing - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C# And SQL Server 2012 For Data Cleansing (1383 Views)

List Of All States With Local Governments In Nigeria In JSON, PHP And SQL Format / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C# And SQL Server 2012 For Data Cleansing by BigStar1(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2013
I salute all the programmers in the house. I need your help on how to build an application that can analyse data from different sources, identify and remove the duplicates and give the combined and cleansed database as output. I wish to use C# and SQL server 2012.
Re: C# And SQL Server 2012 For Data Cleansing by blenyo11(m): 12:18pm On May 05, 2013
Knowing the sources you are considering will make helping a bit easy.
Web service?
XML?
...?
...?
Text file?
Re: C# And SQL Server 2012 For Data Cleansing by BigStar1(m): 9:55pm On May 05, 2013
Thanks for willing to help. The source will be majorly from other DB and excell. Thanks
Re: C# And SQL Server 2012 For Data Cleansing by blenyo11(m): 11:25pm On May 05, 2013
ADO.net is what you need.
You can connect to database (e.g. MySQL) and datasheets (e.g. excel)
and perform CRUD (Create, Update and Delete) operation on them
I dint debug this, but this code should give you insight on working with excel. Its assumed that you are having an excel file called MyExcel.xls on your drive C

string conStr = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data" + 
" Source=C:\\MyExcel.xls;Extended Properties=\"Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=1\";";
OdbcConnection conn = new OdbcConnection(conStr);
conn.Open();
OdbcDataAdapter adp = new OdbcDataAdapter("select * from [Sheet1$]", conn);
DataSet ds = new DataSet();
adp.Fill(ds);
dataGridView1.DataSource = ds.Tables[0];
conn.Close();

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About This Bubble Sort Method, Is It Efficient? / Optimizations: Some Sketchy Rants / Creating A Quiz Or Test Game Via Notepad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.