Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) (1617 Views)

'criminal Case' Game On Android, Please Tell Me More About The Game. / BOKO HARAM - Play The Game / Slavery:the Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 6:39pm On May 05, 2013
The gaming industry is becoming more of a lucrative business,both small and big companies have gain there fame and Millions through the Gaming Business,but we Africans are yet to benefit from it..
-lets all join hands and support as we anticipate the birth of 9ineGames Entertainment into the African market 09-09-2013!!
*please we would like to get responds from serious gamers on issues such as
-things you would be interested in mostly in Africa for gamers
-why gamers lack interest going professional in Africa
-type of games you play
-hours spent on playing games
-would you work for us if we could pay the same salary you earn at your current job grin
-are you into pc or console gaming
Evolution of Gaming In Africa
4rm
-CEO of 9ineGames
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by NSoul: 2:26pm On May 07, 2013
is this your idea of market research ? tongue sad
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 8:38pm On May 07, 2013
^^could you please explain(we are only trying to make research to further enhance or expand)plans been taken by the community.for better gaming experience in Nigeria/Africa
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by awaeardfdfrfd: 3:47pm On May 09, 2013
Hi I would like that games were released in nigeria at the exact time of release in north america and uk and africa could use gaming related sites like ign for african gamers
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by awaeardfdfrfd: 3:49pm On May 09, 2013
Btw I like rpg games spend 8 hours or more playing especially during summer and what's 9 entertainment
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 10:06pm On May 09, 2013
^^thanks for your contribution!!well, 9ineGames Is upcoming full time Game site.we want to change the gaming mentality in Africa''just like u said!!!our goal is to be the game-stop/ign of Africa ,have access to official trailers,demos and upcoming games.nothing is impossible(with the help of strong audience/fans for gamers)our site is ready and we would be up and running 09-09-2013 with free gifts to our loyal fans on launch date (we have plans to take gaming into another level)
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by Man51ut(m): 3:44pm On May 14, 2013
i doubt if a large population of those who play games in africa can be said to be gamers. for me being a gamer goes beyond 'oh, my favourite game is tekken' or 'the graphics in crysis 3 are just too maaaddddd'. it goes beyond PS >>>> Microsoft or Nintendo >>>> All. A gamer should care about the meta aspects of the industry. i'm not saying they should be reading the financial reports of thq, but they should understand the implications of thq going to the wall. they should know about industry trends and how it affects them. for instance, the increasing move to digital gaming or always online functionality in games like sim city or diablo 3. for us in Africa, this could be catastrophic as reliable and decent internet is mostly a pipe dream for now. they should go beyond mindless consumption and piracy.

as to why we don't have professional gamers, how many professional gamers are there in countries that support it? while it's huge in korea and parts of the west, it's still a small percentage of those populations. is it even covered outside of niche channels or youtube? those countries have bigger gamer populations than us, and those who want to/can go professional are a small subset of that so its not surprising that our small gaming community here in africa has maybe 1 or 2 people who want to go pro. i'd wager that most of don't even know that you can do such a thing.

i'd be happy for any site that engenders debate about games and gaming, and gaming culture. i play anything that sounds interesting and generally have interest in anything by the following directors/studios: mikami, suda51, kojima, team ico, amy hennig/naughty dog, insomniac, sucker punch,housemarque and drinkbox. also, konami, and i'm really starting to respect ubisoft for rayman, and watch_dogs looks amazing.

so more grease to your elbows and efforts, ign is one of my favourite sites, so if you can replicate that here for us i'll be singing your praises from the rooftops.
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by awaeardfdfrfd: 6:41pm On May 14, 2013
Man_51ut: i doubt if a large population of those who play games in africa can be said to be gamers. for me being a gamer goes beyond 'oh, my favourite game is tekken' or 'the graphics in crysis 3 are just too maaaddddd'. it goes beyond PS >>>> Microsoft or Nintendo >>>> All. A gamer should care about the meta aspects of the industry. i'm not saying they should be reading the financial reports of thq, but they should understand the implications of thq going to the wall. they should know about industry trends and how it affects them. for instance, the increasing move to digital gaming or always online functionality in games like sim city or diablo 3. for us in Africa, this could be catastrophic as reliable and decent internet is mostly a pipe dream for now. they should go beyond mindless consumption and piracy.

as to why we don't have professional gamers, how many professional gamers are there in countries that support it? while it's huge in korea and parts of the west, it's still a small percentage of those populations. is it even covered outside of niche channels or youtube? those countries have bigger gamer populations than us, and those who want to/can go professional are a small subset of that so its not surprising that our small gaming community here in africa has maybe 1 or 2 people who want to go pro. i'd wager that most of don't even know that you can do such a thing.

i'd be happy for any site that engenders debate about games and gaming, and gaming culture. i play anything that sounds interesting and generally have interest in anything by the following directors/studios: mikami, suda51, kojima, team ico, amy hennig/naughty dog, insomniac, sucker punch,housemarque and drinkbox. also, konami, and i'm really starting to respect ubisoft for rayman, and watch_dogs looks amazing.

so more grease to your elbows and efforts, ign is one of my favourite sites, so if you can replicate that here for us i'll be singing your praises from the rooftops.
spoken like a true gamer I'm one of those dedicated gamers in nigeria and I'd be happy to work with this 9ine games after all what gamers dream isn't to have a job involving what we love the most
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 9:34pm On May 14, 2013
@ man_5,all ur points were noted and i really appreciate the time and efforts used in replying...its true that we lack real gamers here due to so many factors behind them*(but i believe with (9ineGame coming on track)we could help solve or bring confident in gamers!! *we are currently working on a co-splay convention for our upcoming site launch on sept 09 2013!!!!which would be the 1st co-splay in Nigeria if am not wrong ..(demo poster seen below)

Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 9:38pm On May 14, 2013
@awae,we would soon be making announcement to does interested in building a solid foundation of gamers in Nigeria!!!our website sneak pix**

Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by Man51ut(m): 12:33am On May 15, 2013
looks amazing, man. i run a growing writing and editorial services company, if you're looking for some original copy for the site let's talk.

mydaughterspreggers@yahoo.com
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 2:26pm On May 15, 2013
^^expect a mail from us very soon!!we love working with people who have passion for the job and not money...please not that our current email is 9inegame@gmail.com!!!
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by awaeardfdfrfd: 6:41pm On May 15, 2013
Likinig the site interface looks retro I am also interested in a job working with you guys
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 5:19pm On May 19, 2013
thanks!!you could mail us on 9inegames@gmail.com or 9inegames@outlook.com we would respond to your message within 24hrs
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by awaeardfdfrfd: 6:47pm On May 19, 2013
Expect an email soon
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by Kaycee7(m): 12:55pm On May 29, 2013
9inegames who are you and where have you been all my life?
P.S U don't sound like one person.
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 2:03pm On May 29, 2013
@kaycee(we have been working underground and studying the tech market/gamers in Africa grin grin)9inegames is something different and big for African gamers!!!we are currently looking for graphic designers /video editor to join the team!! mail us for details...
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by Kaycee7(m): 2:11pm On May 29, 2013
9ineGames: @kaycee(we have been working underground and studying the tech market/gamers in Africa grin grin)9inegames is something different and big for African gamers!!!we are currently looking for graphic designers /video editor to join the team!! mail us for details...
Will definitely join u once I get my laptop. Where will the cosplay hold?
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 3:04pm On May 29, 2013
our cosplay convention is currently pending..full details coming soon!!!!u can follow us on twitter or fb for updates www.twitter.com/9ineGames or www.facebook.com/9ineGamesEntertainment
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 25omega(m): 4:10pm On May 29, 2013
I think the main hindrance regarding gaming in Nigeria or Africa is the availability of constant cheap and standard broad band connection. Game developers are mostly gearing their games to the online multi player experience now and even those games that aren't online based or centered have a huge replay value.

if you can address most of these then you will surly be successful. I can help with your market research if you give more information as to what exactly it is you are looking for.
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by awaeardfdfrfd: 5:37pm On May 29, 2013
9inegames do you at some point plan to gain a physical branch in the long run like the ign company office stationed in san francisco
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by awaeardfdfrfd: 5:41pm On May 29, 2013
25omega: I think the main hindrance regarding gaming in Nigeria or Africa is the availability of constant cheap and standard broad band connection. Game developers are mostly gearing their games to the online multi player experience now and even those games that aren't online based or centered have a huge replay value.

if you can address most of these then you will surly be successful. I can help with your market research if you give more information as to what exactly it is you are looking for.
skyrim was such a single player experience with about 200 plus hours of replay value until bethesda decided to cash in on stupid dlc
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 25omega(m): 9:05pm On May 29, 2013
awaeardfdfrfd: skyrim was such a single player experience with about 200 plus hours of replay value until bethesda decided to cash in on stupid dlc
you are right but the dlc doesn't kill the rest of the game. i have it and i purchased one of the dlc's
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 11:03pm On May 29, 2013
our head office would definitely be Lagos!!*talking abt cheap games*(we are not only going to focus on brand new disc )but we also offer Rent of Discs,exchange and used discs for sale !!!which i believe could help everyone who cant afford to buy a brand new disc...we have lot to offer Africans that i cant mention here...
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by awaeardfdfrfd: 11:38pm On May 31, 2013
9ineGames: our head office would definitely be Lagos!!*talking abt cheap games*(we are not only going to focus on brand new disc )but we also offer Rent of Discs,exchange and used discs for sale !!!which i believe could help everyone who cant afford to buy a brand new disc...we have lot to offer Africans that i cant mention here...
oooooooooooooooooo hype I like
Re: Help Change The Game Industry In Africa(share Your Ideas) by 9ineGames: 1:13am On Jun 01, 2013
hey guys,if your very serious and interested in joining 9ineGames's team please mail us @ 9inegames@gmail.com,9inegames@outlook.com,ninegames09@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian-made Video Game: What Kind Of Game Do You Want To Play? / Fifa17 Ultimate Team / PES 2019 Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.