Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Finger Print Application With C# - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Finger Print Application With C# (4178 Views)

Android Dictionary Application With Search Suggest And Text To Speech Feature / Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database / How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finger Print Application With C# by BigStar1(m): 10:04pm On May 05, 2013
Dear programmers, I want to build an application that will capture employee's record with their finger prints so that when an employee place his thumb on the machine, it brings out the info about such employee. Can I do that with C#? Then what are the prerequisites? Thanks.
Re: Finger Print Application With C# by blenyo11(m): 11:02pm On May 05, 2013
You can do it with c#.
Finger print readers comes with APIs which you can use in .net
Re: Finger Print Application With C# by BigStar1(m): 9:15am On May 06, 2013
Ok. Thanks. where can I buy finger print reader in NG? Can I get it on Jumia or Konga?
Re: Finger Print Application With C# by blenyo11(m): 10:02am On May 06, 2013
Re: Finger Print Application With C# by bb6xt(m): 12:18pm On May 08, 2013
You can get a digitalpersona U4500 for about 25-27k. They have SDKs for many languages/platforms. It shouldn't be more difficult than building an ordinary desktop app, plus their api is really easy almost intuitive. Another one is VeriFinger whose SDK has generic api for many finger print scanners. The SDKs are in 2 categories, paid and free. The free one has limited functionality such as the size of your finger print database, fingerprint quality/resolution etc but you can still use it for recognition, capturing and validation/matching and generally getting a feel of the api.
Re: Finger Print Application With C# by BigStar1(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2013
Thanks for the info. But @bb6xt, can I get those devices in Nigeria and where?
Re: Finger Print Application With C# by bb6xt(m): 4:38pm On May 21, 2013
Big Star: Thanks for the info. But @bb6xt, can I get those devices in Nigeria and where?
Over 1.7m candidates sat 4 the last JAMB UTME and every single one of them registered with a digitalpersona fingerprint scanner so it is definitely available in Naija. Nabteb uses SecuGen and other scanners. I know a friend who bought a new digitalpersona U4500 for 25k in Jos. So depending on ur location am sure u can find one easily. U may also enquire @ any cybercafe near u where JAMB reg was done 4 where 2 buy frm.
Re: Finger Print Application With C# by bb6xt(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2013
Big Star: Thanks for the info. But @bb6xt, can I get those devices in Nigeria and where?
Re: Finger Print Application With C# by Progsteve: 2:25am On May 22, 2013
If you are staying in lagos,you can get digital personal finger scanner in computer village for #15,000 or #16,000, and it comes with its sdk. I think the latest version is U and U 5000.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? / I Want To Learn C++ Programming Language / Where Can I Get Books On Programing In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.