Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo (14867 Views)

An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! / Fani-kayode’s Intellectual Fraud Against Ndigbo / Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by kross01(m): 3:54pm On May 06, 2013
like him or hate him, the man Soludo will continue to be confident & always responds with facts.
As for his CV, its only demented bigots amongst us that see it as no big deal

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:57pm On May 06, 2013
Le Stylo: Isn't it ironic that none of the people criticising El-rufai has sued him for libel or defamation. I'm particcularly shocked at Atiku and Soludo who could only resort to "undocumented" social media reactions. Am i missing something here? There's more than catches the eye. I can bet that!

As for Soludo, his exit exposed a brilliant Ponzi scheme which nearly killed the whole banking sector and which is not remotely connected with the Stock exchange collapse! Who would forget the polymer note scandals? Or the brash efforts to introduce coins that does not have the smallest purchasing value. The country lost billions to these avoidably, dear professor. Like someone opined, why did it take Prof over 3 months to reply to this book?

#thinking aloud.

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Fellonigerians: 4:20pm On May 06, 2013
I hope this is the beginning of a dirty and muddy fight, but one that is intellectual and based on facts...

Let us know who this two people really are... And let us also know what really happens in the corridors of power...
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by immortalcrown(m): 4:35pm On May 06, 2013
Hahahaha! My heart is filled with joy. It is a thing of joy that there is still in this country, a credible leader whose achievements (immortal legacies) towards the nation's welfare cannot be hidden or denied. A man's achievement speaks for him louder and better than his mouth. The fools are gradually in the name of criticism, exposing themselves. Wisdom is the principal thing. Indeed, no one can cover the moon with his palm. Eziokwu na-aputazi ihe (the truth is now being revealed).

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by escobar07(m): 4:47pm On May 06, 2013
solid rebuttal!
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by eameh30: 4:59pm On May 06, 2013
nagoma:

Soludo - a frustrated Nyamiri who messed up the banking sector should write his own book.
I neva knew we have insignificant,redundant,barbaric,archaic,ignominous fellow like U in dis century... Wat concerns yarmri now?

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Itoroetti(m): 5:09pm On May 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: Great intellectual piece from Prof Soludo.

This confirms that you are not a product of "forced" free education.
U are making me laugh.which one cum be forced free education
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by collynzo2(m): 5:17pm On May 06, 2013
You may not like Soludo or
Obasanjo, but in the last 27 years, there are twofundamental structural transformations of theNigerian economy that have taken place – thetelecommunications revolution, and the banking sector revolution (consolidation)

we are talking about a telecoms revolution that even war torn countries and countries under dictatorship could not resist at that time, why do people keep referring to that as an achievement?
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by awodman: 5:17pm On May 06, 2013
O boy I must comment on this thread cry
Is this what I have been ignoring??..neva have I heard a rejoinder so rich in facts...chai!!!!...soludo egbugokwa mmadu....ewoooooo!!!!....
Come see CV...

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by PHIPEX(m): 5:28pm On May 06, 2013
Le Stylo: Isn't it ironic that none of the people criticising El-rufai has sued him for libel or defamation. I'm particcularly shocked at Atiku and Soludo who could only resort to "undocumented" social media reactions. Am i missing something here? There's more than catches the eye. I can bet that!

As for Soludo, his exit exposed a brilliant Ponzi scheme which nearly killed the whole banking sector and which is not remotely connected with the Stock exchange collapse! Who would forget the polymer note scandals? Or the brash efforts to introduce coins that does not have the smallest purchasing value. The country lost billions to these avoidably, dear professor. Like someone opined, why did it take Prof over 3 months to reply to this book?

#thinking aloud.

Isn't this another case of selective memory? So the only thing you chose to remember is just Soludo's exit, what about his entry? Now you have heard it from him, Nigeria has witnessed only two positive revolutions, incidentally he was incharge of one of them and am waiting for anyone to prove him wrong.

Elrufai told us the supposed evils every other person in the govt did but forgot to mention the evils he did or was he a saint or should we (based on Atiku's rejoinder) further blame his selective memory syndrome?

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by IGBOSON1: 5:59pm On May 06, 2013
micklplus: El-Rufai has been properly "washed" and thoroughly "sun-dried"!!!!!!!!

^^^So basically you're saying he's been taken to the cleaners; an apt description i'd have to admit!
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 06, 2013

#thinking aloud.

Who is this fried fish? U were making some little sense before u got to that last part. U must think Soludo is as jobless as u and that he doesnt have anything to do within the last 3 months than to read someone's memoirs. He probably just squeezed some time out of his busy schedule to read that book and had to squeeze out more time in order to provide a coherent rebuttal to the fiction-filled book. Or u just expect him to reply without providing cogent counterpoints as he has done in the article?

#also thinking aloud

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by 2rutalk1: 6:56pm On May 06, 2013

#thinking aloud.

I can see frustration, hate and untruthfulness in this comment. If at all El-Rufai is your bread winner, why trade your brain and conscience for a mere meal. It baffles me tremendously that some sycophants and tribal bigots no longer say the truth all in a bid to defend their brother. It is disturbing indeed and I believe it will take you decades (if that will be possible) to match Prof. Soludo academically.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by mbulela: 7:16pm On May 06, 2013
dejgan:

I doubt if Prof Soludo wrote this......it will be a worse disgrace compared to all he accused el-Rufai of...... If someone admitted to you that what he wrote were impressions he was given, why go the press to write a book?

My greatest reservation about the OBJ team was their immaturity, arrogance and naivety in handling power despite their experience in professional and private practice. Some fools will clap and cheer this write-up (book) but I think it is a revelation and an insight into the immature minds of individuals who shaped policies that affected over 200 million people in 8 years.

They were much older than Gowon, IBB, Murtala and OBJ in their military years.....leadership quotient is depreciated greatly in Nigeria. It is so obvious as you read comments on Nairaland when Nigerians in their mid 30's and early 40's share views of national interest with such shallow-mindedness....

You see why the old men in their 70's and 80's have been able to perpetuate themselves in power....its simply because the younger ones are not prepared emotionally to lead this country. We were here when Dimeji Bankole was speaker, check all the governors who came in below 50 years and check their performance. Is it any better than the grandpas?

Harvard, World Bank, Oxford and foreign resumes aren't all we need to restore Nigeria....a lot of emotional intelligence is required!
Assuming you are a guy, i owe you a drink and i am not kidding about it.
In few words you have captured the crux of the matter that is wrong with that team.
May the Almighty bless you for these choice words.

I initially wanted to read the book as i am a fan of El-rufai but after reading the reviews i declined as i was irritated by the gossip tendencies of the book. My question is how is Soludo any better?
These men just go around parading their intelligence like a badge. All they are good in is talking and pontificating.
Soludo for all his intelligence left the CBN in a state of mess. If he had done what he ought to, Sanusi would not be the local hero he has become.
With all his intelligence Ibru et al were thieving left,right and center.
These men are not worth it at all.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by mbulela: 7:21pm On May 06, 2013
the magnitude of Soludo's failure as a CBN governor has been magnified by the rich CV he just depicted here.
So he was this intelligent and house wives like Cecelia Ibru were running banks like spaza shops,thieving without impunity and the banking industry was on the verge of collapse?
These men are clowns.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by nagoma(m): 7:27pm On May 06, 2013
mbulela: the magnitude of Soludo's failure as a CBN governor has been magnified by the rich CV he just depicted here.
So he was this intelligent and house wives like Cecelia Ibru were running banks like spaza shops,thieving without impunity and the banking industry was on the verge of collapse?
These men are clowns.

He was part of the racket and should really be behind bars.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Genius100: 7:43pm On May 06, 2013
mbulela:
Assuming you are a guy, i owe you a drink and i am not kidding about it.
In few words you have captured the crux of the matter that is wrong with that team.
May the Almighty bless you for these choice words.

I initially wanted to read the book as i am a fan of El-rufai but after reading the reviews i declined as i was irritated by the gossip tendencies of the book. My question is how is Soludo any better?
These men just go around parading their intelligence like a badge. All they are good in is talking and pontificating.
Soludo for all his intelligence left the CBN in a state of mess. If he had done what he ought to, Sanusi would not be the local hero he has become.
With all his intelligence Ibru et al were thieving left,right and center.
These men are not worth it at all.

You should still read the book. It really does give you a great insight into how things work in public administration in Nigeria. It's essentially the best non-fiction Nigerian book I've read.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by BabyLi: 7:45pm On May 06, 2013
This is what the call 'Supu'. My brother Soludo has indeed finished dis Mallam
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by mbulela: 8:02pm On May 06, 2013
Genius100:

You should still read the book. It really does give you a great insight into how things work in public administration in Nigeria. It's essentially the best non-fiction Nigerian book I've read.
eish the way i hear he was dishing private conversations is just not good for my consumption.
If all we discuss in private is revealed in public, wahala go dey.
Do you know there are presidents and senators who have revealed in private that this Nigerian project is dead on arrival?
Do you know there are health ministers who have revealed in private that Polio will never be eradicated in this country?
What of Army chiefs who have confided in family members that God's intervention is what is what is saving us from being destroyed by foreign powers as they think our army is populated by beer guzzling pot bellied thieves masquerading as soldiers.
terrible things have been said in private. i want to judge people by what they say in public and by their actions. Not intentions. After all,those are the counts on which GEJ et al have failed and Soludo failed too.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by meeka4: 8:15pm On May 06, 2013
nagoma:

I can see SOUR GRAPES all over the place. El-Rufa'i who claims no professorship has written a 600 page book and this "Professor" spent the whole of last 3 months working to come out with one page of sour Soludo grapes and list of countries he visited. A man who connived with others to ruin the banking sector in Nigeria.I wonder if his friend Cecilia Ibru is still in prison and I wonder why he is not. All these profeessors of nose picking should better shut up if they cannot produce their own story. Any waanker can sit down and churn out this rubbish.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 06, 2013
I duff my hat for Soludo's intellectual sagacity.

That man is a collosus of knowledge. See achievements chei...
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by gohamburg(f): 8:45pm On May 06, 2013
1MCN:
My good friend, if you didnt know, people write memoirs towards the end of their careers. El-Rufai wrote his maybe as a mistake or cos he has told himself the truth that he's at the twilight of his career. That Soludo hasnt written one does not mean a 1st Class graduate of Economics has nothing to write about himself but that after over a score decae plus of his career he's still just fresher than palmwine. If you dont mind you may want to google his name and see for yourself the number of books of international reckoning that he has written.
Dont let sentiments of hate or sectionalism push you to self hurt.
Soludo responded to rufai with facts and figures so if he wants to refute it he should come up with his own facts and figures like an intellectual and not like indeed an accidental public servant.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
Thank you for taking time to reply the idiot....You can't buy brains...It's either you've got it or you don't ...Great Ansah-Goldite.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by gohamburg(f): 8:45pm On May 06, 2013
1MCN:
My good friend, if you didnt know, people write memoirs towards the end of their careers. El-Rufai wrote his maybe as a mistake or cos he has told himself the truth that he's at the twilight of his career. That Soludo hasnt written one does not mean a 1st Class graduate of Economics has nothing to write about himself but that after over a score decae plus of his career he's still just fresher than palmwine. If you dont mind you may want to google his name and see for yourself the number of books of international reckoning that he has written.
Dont let sentiments of hate or sectionalism push you to self hurt.
Soludo responded to rufai with facts and figures so if he wants to refute it he should come up with his own facts and figures like an intellectual and not like indeed an accidental public servant.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
Thank you for taking time to reply the idiot...You can't buy brains...It's either you've got it or you don't ...Great Ansah-Goldite.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: Great intellectual piece from Prof Soludo.

This confirms that you are not a product of "forced" free education.

Like El Rufai. Hehehehe
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 06, 2013
mikeansy: Mallam El Rufair is doing what short men do.

I am shocked that El-Rufai will even pick a fight with Ribadu let alone Soludo.

The man needs help. I think he is mental to denegrate people like Ribadu, Soludo, Obasanjo and Atiku.

I dont have words to describe him...he must be a small bitter demon with a toddler's brain.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 06, 2013
kaorama: So El-Rufai talked about Prof. Soludo in his book? I have not read it cos am not an accidental reader. This is just a synopsis from Prof. El-Rufai should waite for the main thesis.

This one nah introduction, we never enter chapter one... Una dey shout.

If i be El Rifai, i go just beg soludo for fone say i be drink b4 writing that book.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 06, 2013
djon78: El-rufai cannot even clean Soludos shoes dnt even go there they are not mates nor match. As for Soludos acheivement his bank consolidatioin still stands out, Nigerian banks were not even in Africas top 20 but today look at their position, he made his mistakes but still his achievements surpases his mistakes. Saniusi tried in his risk reforms but today there is nothing stimulating the banking sector, they are asleep, a vibrant banking sector is the blood of a vibrant economy, how are Nigerian banks today vis a vis the Nigerian economy?

I totally agree with you. Many of us that had the opportunity of working in the banks did so because of the consolidation. Businessmen like Dangote got up to one billion dollars in loans from syndicated capital from the mega banks to grow their businesses. The stock market boom was as a result of the consolidation too...
The banking consolidation also aided the growth of a stable middle class.

Whatever has an advantage also has disadvantages. But soludo is a genius... Take it or leave it.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Stlatyv(m): 9:26pm On May 06, 2013
[quote author=1MCN]
My good friend, if you didnt know, people write memoirs towards the end of their careers. El-Rufai wrote his maybe as a mistake or cos he has told himself the truth that he's at the twilight of his career. That Soludo hasnt written one does not mean a 1st Class graduate of Economics.) U 4got to write d name of d institution,hope its nt a private university?
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Stlatyv(m): 9:27pm On May 06, 2013
[quote author=1MCN]
My good friend, if you didnt know, people write memoirs towards the end of their careers. El-Rufai wrote his maybe as a mistake or cos he has told himself the truth that he's at the twilight of his career. That Soludo hasnt written one does not mean a 1st Class graduate of Economics.) U 4got to write d name of d institution,hope its nt a private university?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi Tape: Why Reno Omokri Is Angry With Amaechi – Buhari Group / Insecurity: Obasanjo Tells Nigerians To Cry To God For Solutions / Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.