Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo (14865 Views)

An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! / Fani-kayode’s Intellectual Fraud Against Ndigbo / Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by seunmsg(m): 9:30pm On May 06, 2013
How come so many people are accussing El Rufai of lying in his book? First, it was Atiku, then Ribadu and now Soludo. Something surely is wrong with that book. I don't think that book will pass any serious credibility scrutiny.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by nagoma(m): 9:34pm On May 06, 2013
djon78: El-rufai cannot even clean Soludos shoes dnt even go there they are not mates nor match. As for Soludos acheivement his bank consolidatioin still stands out, Nigerian banks were not even in Africas top 20 but today look at their position, he made his mistakes but still his achievements surpases his mistakes. Saniusi tried in his risk reforms but today there is nothing stimulating the banking sector, they are asleep, a vibrant banking sector is the blood of a vibrant economy, how are Nigerian banks today vis a vis the Nigerian economy?

El -Ruafa'i cannot clean soludo's shoes because those shoes are so dirty and stinking of corruption. Soludo should be behind bars with Cecelia IBRU and other members of the gang.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by mbulela: 10:02pm On May 06, 2013
okpara ugo:

But soludo is a genius... Take it or leave it.
genius my foot!!
We are so impressed by the hype and subsequent mediocrity of these men and women.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by ozolity(m): 10:04pm On May 06, 2013
nagoma:

" Out of School a man is not judged by his grades ; but by the changes he brings and the promises he keeps". We know how much of mess the banking system was in when Soludo left the CBN and we don't know how many promises he kept as a public servant. Soludo's response to El - Rufa'i is ungentlemanly and extremely unsatisfactory for the intellectual he claims to be and it all sounds like sour grapes. People who can write do so all their lives and if Soludo is waiting for the end of his career to start writing , tell him that he is late by 4 years now when his career ended shamefully.
u are ignorant, CC is still consulting, his career is just starting. U re just jealous of his achievements.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by gilmaro(m): 10:06pm On May 06, 2013
dammytosh:

He is more than dubious. he lost out of the power game, joined the opposition and was louder than you can imagine. Unfortunately, Nigerians have very short memory.

Because of the Media power of ACN, Every gullible Nigerian believe the criteria for being a Saint and Saviour in Nigeria is to leave PDP and join any other 3 letter word party.

They are all rogues and criminals. Only God will save us from their claws.

Bro sometimes its good for things like this to happen so as to expose certain illicit acts of those we see as super icon. It will help us guide our rout wisely to reduce future fatal mistakes.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Brimmie(m): 10:09pm On May 06, 2013
tarryT: Typical,.. As expected.

Let me quote Ice Prince.... " aboki inside, aboki side,..u know what that means? Na MuMUnism be dat o"

Am el Rufai... I approve this quotation..

Nagoma,...clap for me na..

Stop the use of the word "Aboki"!!

Ikenna351 will ban you!!
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by gilmaro(m): 10:25pm On May 06, 2013
magnificentsk:

really the heat is on,where is soludo since? he could had replied earlier, i just bought the book yesterday oo," the enemy of my enemy is my friend unless that enemy is soludo" grin grin

Replying immediately with anger will be a very poor responds from a man of this calibre. You don't expect professor Soludo to react without taking legal procedures into cognition like those mallams out there that fabricate issues. If you actually read and understood what soludo wrote, you wouldn't have typed and sent this in the first place
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 06, 2013
Akpangbon:

You sound like a boko haram member. Confirmed.

So true. This is one thing I've noticed with this "nagoma" user and his other likes.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by meforyou1(m): 11:06pm On May 06, 2013
Are we talking of the short dwarfish el rufai the new spokeman of the boko haram terrorist group?

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Nobody: 12:01am On May 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by awodman: 12:12am On May 07, 2013
goon:
I have watched from afar off how Nigerians are just singing praises for Soludo as if being educated makes u unable to lie or be corrupt. You guys are responding as if Soludo is intellectually better and more reasonable than El-Rufai. I expected Nigerians after reading Soludo's powerful C.V to take a look at his opponent's(in this case) own rather than singing dull praises for Soludo as if he is the first to make a first class. For the of you who may not know. El-rufai is also a scholar and had he opted for acadamics rather than civil service, he would have equalled or surpassed Soludo's academic achievements.Just for your knowledge this is a brief view of his own modest C.V
Nasir el-Rufai was born in Daudawa of the Faskari Local Government Area in the northern state of Katsina. He was the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory and member of the Federal Executive Council, the highest decision making body in Nigeria from 2003 – 2007. He attended various academic and professional programmes at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria, University of London, Harvard Business School, Arthur D. Little School of Management in Massachusetts, Georgetown University School of Foreign Services in Washington, D.C. and the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. He holds a first class honours degree in Quantity Surveying (1980), a Masters Degree in Business Administration (1984), a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science (1985), a Bachelor of Laws(second class upper) from Harvard University (2008), Master of Public Administration (2009), and has attended several programs on Privatization and Leadership. He established and ran what became a successful consulting practice, el-Rufai & Partners, between 1982 and 1998. He also held management positions with two international telecommunications companies, AT&T Network Systems International BV and Motorola, Inc. In October 2001, he was conferred a national honour, OFR (Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) by the Federal Government of Nigeria while serving as the director general of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) and the secretary of the National Council of Privatisation where he spearheaded the privatisation of many government owned companies. He is happily married with children. In 2005, he was conferred D.Sc (honoris causa) by the University of Abuja, Nigeria.
Tribalism and sentiments are killing Nigerians.
My friend go siddon 4 dustbin chill out...the expression of all dose you quoted 1stly dealt with how soludo carefully picked up El-rufais concoted lies and dealt with them with real and cogent facts..The issue of CV here only came later..and lastly Йą person force am 2 opt for civil service??...abeg park well joor

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by rcb34: 12:14am On May 07, 2013
I don't Believe in Nigerian politics, all I can say is both of them are lying or both are telling the truth,infact all Nigeria politians are dsame,always acting 1 movie or another for us all to watch, bt the funny aspect is, after exposin themselves,our law enforcement agencies would never think of doing dia job by investigating thoroughly with the confession made by these politians so that justice will be done.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by cheleku(m): 12:54am On May 07, 2013
'Only in Nigeria would
you see a minister or appointed official write books to take credit for achievements in office.
As governor of the central bank, I made it clear that I received every award or recognition on behalf of the president. I have no apologies for that'

It a shame we fail to see beneath the veneer. Soludo is just another big sycophant. He is only eulogizng OBJ to get support to run for Anambra guber in 2014. Where on earth does a public servant give credit due him to a president, especially a president with a bad reputation.
Henry Kissinger is one of Americas best diplomat, and in his autobiography he did't go around scibbling praises for Nixon or Ford. he simply presented his achievements and failures...simple. Nothing unctuous!

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:20am On May 07, 2013
goon:
I have watched from afar off how Nigerians are just singing praises for Soludo as if being educated makes u unable to lie or be corrupt. You guys are responding as if Soludo is intellectually better and more reasonable than El-Rufai. I expected Nigerians after reading Soludo's powerful C.V to take a look at his opponent's(in this case) own rather than singing dull praises for Soludo as if he is the first to make a first class. For the of you who may not know. El-rufai is also a scholar and had he opted for acadamics rather than civil service, he would have equalled or surpassed Soludo's academic achievements.Just for your knowledge this is a brief view of his own modest C.V
Nasir el-Rufai was born in Daudawa of the Faskari Local Government Area in the northern state of Katsina. He was the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory and member of the Federal Executive Council, the highest decision making body in Nigeria from 2003 – 2007. He attended various academic and professional programmes at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria, University of London, Harvard Business School, Arthur D. Little School of Management in Massachusetts, Georgetown University School of Foreign Services in Washington, D.C. and the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. He holds a first class honours degree in Quantity Surveying (1980), a Masters Degree in Business Administration (1984), a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science (1985), a Bachelor of Laws(second class upper) from Harvard University (2008), Master of Public Administration (2009), and has attended several programs on Privatization and Leadership. He established and ran what became a successful consulting practice, el-Rufai & Partners, between 1982 and 1998. He also held management positions with two international telecommunications companies, AT&T Network Systems International BV and Motorola, Inc. In October 2001, he was conferred a national honour, OFR (Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) by the Federal Government of Nigeria while serving as the director general of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) and the secretary of the National Council of Privatisation where he spearheaded the privatisation of many government owned companies. He is happily married with children. In 2005, he was conferred D.Sc (honoris causa) by the University of Abuja, Nigeria.

Wow that is amazing. Never knew this, thanx.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by revolt(m): 2:46am On May 07, 2013
dejgan:

I doubt if Prof Soludo wrote this......it will be a worse disgrace compared to all he accused el-Rufai of...... If someone admitted to you that what he wrote were impressions he was given, why go the press to write a book?

My greatest reservation about the OBJ team was their immaturity, arrogance and naivety in handling power despite their experience in professional and private practice. Some fools will clap and cheer this write-up (book) but I think it is a revelation and an insight into the immature minds of individuals who shaped policies that affected over 200 million people in 8 years.

They were much older than Gowon, IBB, Murtala and OBJ in their military years.....leadership quotient is depreciated greatly in Nigeria. It is so obvious as you read comments on Nairaland when Nigerians in their mid 30's and early 40's share views of national interest with such shallow-mindedness....

You see why the old men in their 70's and 80's have been able to perpetuate themselves in power....its simply because the younger ones are not prepared emotionally to lead this country. We were here when Dimeji Bankole was speaker, check all the governors who came in below 50 years and check their performance. Is it any better than the grandpas?

Harvard, World Bank, Oxford and foreign resumes aren't all we need to restore Nigeria....a lot of emotional intelligence is required!
lousy reply! So elrufai wrote calumny about soludo den went in secret to say his sources were beer parlour gossipers but still lves the book in circulation nd u want soludo to kip silnt? If elrufai was sincere hed haf come out in public naa! Ur bigotry is insane. U dey see soludo cv. Hw can a human achieve all tht in one lifetyme

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by nagoma(m): 5:55am On May 07, 2013
Brimmie:
Stop the use of the word "Aboki"!!
Ikenna351 will ban you!!

Nyamiri.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by rhymz(m): 6:02am On May 07, 2013
nagoma:

Nyamiri.
negoma shine my shoes.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by rhymz(m): 6:13am On May 07, 2013
goon:
Yeah im try, his qualifications are not in doubt of course but in comparison to Soludo's, mehn, they pale into ovlivion. Soludo is a seasoned thorough-bred, I once watch the man make a presentation, boi, the guy was excellent and actually a natural teacher. El rufai try but no be for where extraordinary achievements of Soludo dey stand biko.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by madridsta007(m): 7:44am On May 07, 2013
goon:

Please do not try and compare Soludo's CV to El Rufai's, we beg you.

Can you see the number of international bodies and agencies that Soludo consults for?

You can not consult for such agencies consistently when in government and out of government if you do not carry something upstairs.

Simply put El Rufai is a local champion; Soludo is world-class.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by madridsta007(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2013
nagoma:

Nyamiri.

Nagoma what do you say about Atiku Abubakar's rebuttal at El Rufai? He had pretty harsh words for ElRufai and his 'book'.

Is Atiku Abubakar a nyamiri too?

Smh
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by andyanders: 8:00am On May 07, 2013
El Rufai, Malam wey no get sense. Why wouldn't that mad rat of Abuja with coconut face not write a book like his after stealing and allocating lands to his children yet unborn?
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by slyk2(m): 8:06am On May 07, 2013
Akpangbon: ^^^^^

Of all the lies he had been accused of concocting, the only comment you have is to blame Soludo for responding by writing a book in the press. With the way you think, you will end up another EL Rufai.

The best answer to a wrong publication is outright refuttal and writing a better one.
Soludo is rightly on this part.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by aesola: 9:52am On May 07, 2013
Nigeria! Good People, Great Nation. There most be different between Twitter Mallam and Professor of Economics.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by porka: 1:50pm On May 07, 2013
sammhi: Sir soludo,
i dont agree with you . i have read the book and i cant sse your points.Definitely h.e has some impression of you written in the book, but i dont see him praisng himself alone . After reding the book, i saw that OBJ did well in his tenure contrary to popular opinion.
am an ordinary nigerian so i dont know both you and El rufai persoanlly.. but what i also deduced from his book was that OBJ has good reasons for a third term but did not market it well.
if there was one person , the book praised, it was OBJ. infact the book changed all my impression of the former president.
it also praised the ec onomic team and the EFCC . The book showed in details that nigerians are not ready for good governance but it also higlights the fact that a few good nigerians were in the OBJ government and was responsible for the twig of improved econnomy seen in OBJ years.
no doubt some of his points may not be acurate but are not a fraud

That's contradictory.

Inaccurate statements (points) are fraudulent.

They render the entire work useless.

People take their time to write books.

We can debate opinions, everyone is entitled to his or hers.

But facts are sacrosanct.

How could el-Rufai have missed the fact that Soludo was not appointed as CBN governor in 2005?

Why the rush to publish a book when your dates are not verified?
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Lalaska(m): 2:59pm On May 07, 2013
I see memoirs flooding the market. While Soludo is working on his own, Atiku will soon reply, Obasanjo will also print his own, Madam Ngozi what are you waiting for? Bring on the memoirs
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by Bolan123: 4:39pm On May 07, 2013
magnificentsk:

really the heat is on,where is soludo since? he could had replied earlier, i just bought the book yesterday oo," the enemy of my enemy is my friend unless that enemy is soludo" grin grin
Guy u don kill me me with laughter........NL dey sweet atimes.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by manosteel(m): 4:52am On May 08, 2013
If the book is an Intellectual Fraud, then the guy himself who wrote the book must be a Fraudster, no wonder many were defrauded of their properties in Abj during his fraudulent regime.
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by jpphilips(m): 6:12pm On May 08, 2013
DrummaBoy:

^^^^^^^^ A million likes for the above.
Soludo has neither impressed by his performace in office nor by his reponse here. He has only taken time to show that the mallam was right: Soludo is a politician and he is the one guilty of being an intellectual fraud.

I really don't expect you to be smart or have a functioning IQ, however, in a bid to peruse the expose above, i ran into this sentence, permit me to replicate

""Nigeria’s only transnational corporations were built in three years.""

At a Time Oil has been the highest earner for the country for over 2 decades, the Oil manager of the country (NNPC) after series of booms could not achieve the above quote in 25yrs.

Prof chukwuma soluda, picked the least profitable sector at the time, polished it and achieved it in just 3yrs.

you have your freedom of speech no doubt, but i am ashamed that i share the same right to Vote with a Nincompoop (forgive my language) like you.

even your biggest role model is not worthy to kiss soludo's feet, kindly bury your face in shame, god himself will be disappointed not creating you a toad.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by jodeci(m): 6:19pm On May 08, 2013
jp philips:

I really don't expect you to be smart or have a functioning IQ, however, in a bid to peruse the expose above, i ran into this sentence, permit me to replicate

At a Time Oil has been the highest earner for the country for over 2 decades, the Oil manager of the country (NNPC) after series of booms could not achieve the above quote in 25yrs.

Prof chukwuma soluda, picked the least profitable sector at the time, polished it and achieved it in just 3yrs.

you have your freedom of speech no doubt, but i am ashamed that i share the same right to Vote with a Nincompoop (forgive my language) like you.

even your biggest role model is not worthy to kiss soludo's feet, kindly bury your face in shame, god himself will be disappointed not creating you a toad.[size=8pt][/size][b]
[/b]
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by gilmaro(m): 9:04pm On May 08, 2013
jp philips:

even your biggest role model is not worthy to kiss soludo's feet, kindly bury your face in shame, god himself will be disappointed not creating you a toad.

Thanks bro, don't mind drummer boy. I wonder what he's doing in this section when he should be playing drum in one ghetto. I don't even think he had the patience to read n understand the write up before commenting
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by gilmaro(m): 9:04pm On May 08, 2013
jp philips:

Thanks bro, don't mind drummer boy. I wonder what he's doing in this section when he should be playing drum in one ghetto. I don't even think he had the patience to read n understand the write up before commenting
Re: El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo by jpphilips(m): 7:34am On May 09, 2013
mbulela:
Assuming you are a guy, i owe you a drink and i am not kidding about it.
In few words you have captured the crux of the matter that is wrong with that team.
May the Almighty bless you for these choice words.

I initially wanted to read the book as i am a fan of El-rufai but after reading the reviews i declined as i was irritated by the gossip tendencies of the book. My question is how is Soludo any better?
These men just go around parading their intelligence like a badge. All they are good in is talking and pontificating.
Soludo for all his intelligence left the CBN in a state of mess. If he had done what he ought to, Sanusi would not be the local hero he has become.
With all his intelligence Ibru et al were thieving left,right and center.
These men are not worth it at all.

If you have any credentials kindly publish it for the world to see, it is baffling when losers that haven't achieved a pin meddle in affairs of the successful, bro, you are world apart with the man you are criticizing,
BTW i don't really expect failures to appreciate success.

About the bold, it is understandable if you have nothing to parade. in your world, people like tonto dike, tu face and Goldie are your Icons, in sane worlds, Soludo is a god!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

History Of Ibadan (pix Of Old Ibadan) / Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns / Zakari Hands Over To Mahmood Yakubu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.