Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! (54464 Views)

Revealed: Abiola Ajimobi Instigated His Colleagues To Stop The Payment Of N18,00 / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by sweetgala(m): 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Konmight:

Egbon,

In my own opinion, I think Gen Buhari should relax and allow young men in late 40s or 50s to contest. If I were him at 70s, I wouldn't vie for the position anymore.

In 1985 when I was yet to gain admission into primary school, Buhari was the head of State, I was then 4.

In 2014, the same Gen Buhari wants to contest for the office of president again in his 70s, now I'm 33.

They keep telling us that we are the leaders of tomorrow but they refused to hand over the baton to us and rest.

Why must someone die serving?

E no wan rest?

The election would be a walk-over for President Goodluck Jonathan if Buhari should emerge as the APC candidate. It would be a mistake for APC to field Buhari when they have young and brilliant men in APC who could run for the position.

Anyway sha,

The Most Important Thing Is That Jonathan Must Rule Till 2019.

Adekanmi say so.

Cheers.

My exact sentiments Bros, APC have intelligent people in their ranks and if they can field someone without recourse to zoning and rally behind this single contender i'm sure Nigerians of all tribes would vote and they can sure win.
Fashola seems like an obvious choice , but some contend he is not well known up North by the masses , or that he might be interested in Senate Speaker post
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by ayindejimmy(m): 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
PointB:

I couldn't careless how you choose to interpret the post. I reserve the right to entertain your or not whatever angle you choose. My basic concern is that those who root for Buhari should know the man better.
so wat he did almost 50
yrs ago will make us knw him better nw, init?
The analogy of this is dat wat U, did 30 yrs ago can be used judge u and thus sum up all ur actions or inactions nw. Rite? In ur words.

Why nt concentrate on what Gej and Buhari are doing 4 d past 5 yrs and nw.
U interpret dat!
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by sweetgala(m): 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
PointB:

Never said he was the leader.

Was only interested in showing that he participated in murdering of unarmed soldiers, his colleagues, in cold blood! Even Murtala Mohammed their leader was shocked and had to personally order them to stop the killings.

Such were the ways of the time, many men were angered by the events where all northern and south-western leaders were kill , while Ironsi himself who was listed was not, neither was Zik or then senate president who were all Igbo.
Then Ironsi did nothing to settle the anger , a grand betrayal.
Nzeogwu and his boys started it all
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by onoja12: 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
please state what this officer did,how and who they killed ,the kaliba of people involved and their geo political zone,equally tell the world that the leader of that coup went and killed the norther who trained him in school and put him in the army.remind them how the thanks he got was murder

PointB: In January 1966, some bunch of over-zealous, albeit naive officers of the Nigeria army took it upon themselves to cleanse Nigeria from corrupt politician. They plotted, and executed an unsuccessful military coup. Stories, and books have been written about them, I shall not attempt to revisit such especially since these folks are late (at least most of them.)

I am interested in the role a certain Mohammadu Buhari played in the July counter-coup. According to Nowa Omoruwa's account:

Planning:

Execution:

I know some will argue here that Mohammadu Buhari simply killed fellow soldiers. But does that make it right?
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
sweetgala:

Such were the ways of the time, many men were angered by the events where all northern and south-western leaders were kill , while Ironsi himself who was listed was not, neither was Zik or then senate president who were all Igbo.
Then Ironsi did nothing to settle the anger , a grand betrayal.
Nzeogwu and his boys started it all

Does it justify Buhari's killing of unarmed comrades, who are neither politicians, nor officers? I mean comrades who are woken from the sleep and shot as they step-out for PE?

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by sweetgala(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
PointB:

Does it justify Buhari's killing of unarmed comrades, who are neither politicians, nor officers? I mean comrades who are woken from the sleep and shot as they step-out for PE?

Those supposed comrades betrayed the trust and shared interests when they spared Zik , Nzeogwu and all other igbo politicians of the time.
What they did was correct the errors of the first coup
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 4:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
sweetgala:

Those supposed comrades betrayed the trust and shared interests when they spared Zik , Nzeogwu and all other igbo politicians of the time.
What they did was correct the errors of the first coup

So that kind of justify Buhari's participation in butchering unarmed colleagues?

2 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by sleekp1: 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
So Buhari has been cruel from tey tey.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Dibiachukwu: 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
PointB:

Obj fought in the civil war, he probably commanded troops who killed more Biafran soldiers (in battle) than Buhari can ever think of butchering. But Obj was not know to have slaughter unarmed comrades in cold blood. Therein lies the difference between the two men - one (Obj) was a commander , the other (buhari) was just a cold blooded butcher.

Perhaps you should read it again slowly, and try to imagine the scenario:

Please tell us what is gallant (brave) in the action of Muhammadu Buhari and his gang of butchers here, in comparison with whatever Obj might have done.
undecided
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
PointB:
Baffling really is that some ignorant sons and daughters of Igboland will promote this man who has murdered their own flesh and blood as messiah of Nigeria. Very baffling...

igbos were never a united lot..the british colonialists came to accept this fact and moved on. Igbos continue to deceptively pretend they are..the evidence is daming
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by owo(m): 10:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
A generation that refuses to read and understand history is attempting to venerate a prince of evil. incidentally, the ignorance is a direct result of the princes actions and inactions.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
Still relevant.

Buhari over to you!
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
bump
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by asorocker: 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
noblezone:
I don't care whether Buhari killed Igbo officers, civilians or not!

This is not 1966, this is 2013!

BUHARI cannot and must not rule Nigeria! It is as simple as that!

From 1960 till today, only a few men had held this useless jungle of a country to ransom.
Enough is enough!

but he has won the election and is ruling now
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
asorocker:

but he has won the election and is ruling now

Ruling or ruining?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo / Increasing Petrol Price: Adewole Adebayo Shares His Opinion And Suggestions / Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.