Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,753 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply (1026 Views)

PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration / Atiku And Adesina Visit Zuma In South Africa To Thank Him (photo) / I Want To Succeed Elechi Because I’ve Invested And It Is My Turn To Chop” -Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 06, 2013
With the uncertainty over supply of oil from Iran, South Africa is looking to Nigeria to purchase its oil, the Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe said, following the signing of a Memorandum of Agreement with the Vice President of Nigeria, Namadi Sambo, in Cape Town on Wednesday.

South Africa may be forced to comply with a US order to cease buying oil from Iran - from which it sources about a quarter of its oil - or risk economic penalties from America. The Minister of Energy Dipuo Peters last week said government would decide on its response to proposed sanctions by the end of this month.

http://www.southafrica.info/news/international/nigeriaoil-240512.htm#.UYff16JHLyE
Re: South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by NwaNimo1(m): 5:57pm On May 06, 2013
Reserved space . . .
Re: South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by mekaboy(m): 6:02pm On May 06, 2013
Lol, OP remember to change this tittle after 2015 to south africa turn to the oil producing regions of Nigeria for oil supply. Or south africa turns to the united oil regions of Nigeria for supply.lol
Re: South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 06, 2013
mekaboy: Lol, OP remember to change this tittle after 2015 to south africa turn to the oil producing regions of Nigeria for oil supply. Or south africa turns to the united oil regions of Nigeria for supply.lol

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by vizboy(m): 7:05pm On May 06, 2013
Hmmmmmmm

well it high time both Africa countries [Nigeria and south Africa] work together to make Africa a better place

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by mike404(m): 12:24am On May 07, 2013
mekaboy: Lol, OP remember to change this tittle after 2015 to south africa turn to the oil producing regions of Nigeria for oil supply. Or south africa turns to the united oil regions of Nigeria for supply.lol
Hehe grin
Re: South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by ninja4life(m): 12:39am On May 07, 2013
Hmm how does dis affects d price of garri in d market.we donot give a shit about dem so dey should stf
Re: South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by boron10(m): 2:16am On May 07, 2013
No big deal as there is always market for crude oil. But I think SA will do better with Angola oil.
Re: South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by Nobody: 2:47am On May 07, 2013
I don't know why we were still importing middle eastern oil while there are two big oil exporters on the continent.
Re: South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by Nobody: 6:47am On May 07, 2013
zetdee: I don't know why we were still importing middle eastern oil while there are two big oil exporters on the continent.
I guess it's cheaper
Re: South Africa To Turn To Nigeria For Oil Supply by paniki(m): 9:11am On May 07, 2013
zetdee: I don't know why we were still importing middle eastern oil while there are two big oil exporters on the continent.

Our refineries are built to cater for middle east oil, particularly Iran oil. Hence a quarter of oil imports where from Iran only. Importing oil from Angola and Nigeria will make refining it a little more expensive than oil from far away middle east.

Lets hope the new refinery that they're planning to build will be designed for optimum refinery of Namibain, Angolan, Nigerian and soon to be discovered South African oil.

(1) (Reply)

Enugu State Government And Its Red Eye On Small Businesses / Kenyan Bloodbath: Reaping The “benefits” Of US AFRICOM Collaboration / What Does This Picture Tells You About Lagos State ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.