Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship (7154 Views)

The Return of NPFL Nite Matches - The Enugu Rangers Experience (Pictures) / Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms / Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by autchman144(m): 7:54pm On May 06, 2013
by George Akpayen 06 May 2013, 20:41

Supersport.com can report that the top flight in Nigeria has been boosted by the formal conclusion of the title sponsorship deal worth N1,896,730,000 (around $12 million).

The League Management Company (LMC) Limited entered into a three-year title partnership with Globacom Nigeria Limited that will run till 2015.

The deal was finalised on Monday with the title sponsor, Globacom.

The title sponsor will pay the N1.8 billion by three instalments in three years starting with the current season.

"The deal is worth N1.8 billion and payment will be spread over a three-year period which covers three season. The first payment is for the ongoing season," supersport.com was informed by an official of the league management body, Shehu Dikko.

"There are incremental payments structure basically to cover for inflation and the expectation that the league shall also be growing and progressing with."

He revealed that the first payment of N550 million (around $3.4 million) is expected to be made available for the ongoing season.

For the 2013/14 season, the top flight will get another N550 million, which will increase by 10 percent.

Globacom will conclude the payment for the title sponsorship rights in the 2014/15 season with another N550 million and a 20 percent growth.

The development brings to an end a three-year wait for a title sponsorship in the elite division in Nigeria.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130506/NPFL_get_N18bn_title_sponsorship

2 Likes

Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by ShackAttack: 7:19am On May 07, 2013
thats interesting! But can they really justify that this money will transform... or... on just, promoting the league?!
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by AjanleKoko: 11:01am On May 07, 2013
Kasala go burst when it's time to share the cash, as usual undecided
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by effisyman: 11:06am On May 07, 2013
Later another company go say they won the bid, court case will keep on going till the league ends and no more will be released.

1 Like

Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by fashizie(m): 11:06am On May 07, 2013
good newz
if true to effect,den its time to put npl in order
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by Chasitty001: 11:10am On May 07, 2013
Great news. Hope it's well managed.

Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by Nobody: 11:14am On May 07, 2013
They need someone with Good financial Knowledge to Manage the fund if "at all" any fund will be given.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by ikweremilitant: 11:16am On May 07, 2013
autchman144: by George Akpayen 06 May 2013, 20:41

Supersport.com can report that the top flight in Nigeria has been boosted by the formal conclusion of the title sponsorship deal worth N1,896,730,000 (around $12 million).

The League Management Company (LMC) Limited entered into a three-year title partnership with Globacom Nigeria Limited that will run till 2015.

The deal was finalised on Monday with the title sponsor, Globacom.

The title sponsor will pay the N1.8 billion by three instalments in three years starting with the current season.

"The deal is worth N1.8 billion and payment will be spread over a three-year period which covers three season. The first payment is for the ongoing season," supersport.com was informed by an official of the league management body, Shehu Dikko.

"There are incremental payments structure basically to cover for inflation and the expectation that the league shall also be growing and progressing with."

He revealed that the first payment of N550 million (around $3.4 million) is expected to be made available for the ongoing season.

For the 2013/14 season, the top flight will get another N550 million, which will increase by 10 percent.

Globacom will conclude the payment for the title sponsorship rights in the 2014/15 season with another N550 million and a 20 percent growth.

The development brings to an end a three-year wait for a title sponsorship in the elite division in Nigeria.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130506/NPFL_get_N18bn_title_sponsorship
weldone adenuga atleast u have used ur loot judiciusly unlike ur co proxy looters who choose dia own charity abroad

1 Like

Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by MrAboki: 11:17am On May 07, 2013
[size=13pt]Glo just wasted their money on the Nigerian league.

I would have thought that GLO would have watched the documentary on how the EPL was rebranded, repackaged and upgraded from what it used to be to what it currently is. I wonder if they just throw money at every and anything that moves for nothing. GLO should have given them some solid conditions for sponsorship. Its very sad to see some clubs play matches with no names on their jerseys. The jerseys and other club paraphenelia are not even available to fans for purchase. Before splashing all that cash on the NPL, GLO should have insisted on alot of changes that must be met within a period of their sponsorship. Even the Clubs should start soliciting sponsors. I'll like to see a Dolphins F.C jersey designed by Nike or Puma and avialable for sale, with the club having a good website, good fan/club relationship, e.t.c.

Clubs need to repair their images as well. You watch english clubs and their players all have to behave and act a certain way. They wear suits to match venues, all with the clubs colors on their ties, they are well behaved and composed, e.t.c. I will never forget meeting a Nigerian clubside on a flight back from Ghana. If it were a bus, I would have stopped mid way and taken abother. Even the NPL managers need to find a way of making the league interesting and appealing to Nigerians. I would even say that Ghanas Local football league has somehow advanced way more than ours in terms of followership. Infact, you can spot an Ashanti Kotoko fan from a mile out. On match days, everyone is glued to a radio set to listen to commentaries..

I'm sorry, but I cant really excitedly relate to this news as I feel its just another waste of effort..
[/size]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by ninja4life(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2013
Wetin dis people dey talk cos i dont understand nada,na so i dull reach,will dis affect d price of glo data or will it reduce d price of garri in d market.i dont really understand somebody help.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by trigar12(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2013
$13million mtweeeeh. Thats not even upto the salary of top players in europe on a yearly basis. 1.8bn for 3years to run a league, somebody please gimme a break
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by theripper3: 11:39am On May 07, 2013
Shey like half of this money no go end for person pocket?
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by EzePromoe: 11:46am On May 07, 2013
Don't worry.
We're getting here.
Our league will overtake that of UK in the year 2020 (year of hallucination)
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by ednut1(m): 11:49am On May 07, 2013
1.88 billion for npfl, 0.01 bil for npls, all dose abokis nd politicians go share d money na, adenuga self know dis , bt y giv self
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:13pm On May 07, 2013
Whao! That's interesting, thanks to glo.
---------------------
Last Bullet: Hope they manage funds well.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by rman: 12:50pm On May 07, 2013
GLO has always won the NPL sponsorship.

Half way through the contract, they stop paying.

The league needs money and the clubs needs serious repackaging.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by naijaswag1: 1:03pm On May 07, 2013
This sponsorship money is too small. This money is meant to be for one club. This is like selling a person's birthright for a porridge of yam. One player in Europe cost over $12million and a whole league is priced at this peanuts for 3 years. Its absurd. Share the sponsorship among companies and raise atleast N10b annully from sponshorship rights so clubs can get at least N200million and above each for development and participation and I bet you Nigerian league will be better than premier league and la liga
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by Chartey(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2013
naija_swag: This sponsorship money is too small. This money is meant to be for one club. This is like selling a person's birthright for a porridge of yam. One player in Europe cost over $12million and a whole league is priced at this peanuts for 3 years. Its absurd. Share the sponsorship among companies and raise atleast N10b annully from sponshorship rights so clubs can get at least N200million and above each for development and participation and I bet you Nigerian league will be better than premier league and la liga
See as u dey talk as if say na their birthright to collect d money. Glo just dey dash dem sef. I mean Glo is not even getting any exposure for dat cash.That money could have created powerful commercials and bought unlimited airtime on our airwaves. Afterall, MTN paid Saka only NGN20million. It's either they are just being patriotic or there are some perks that come with this thing like tax holidays or something. I'll find out sha.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by vandarsar(m): 1:42pm On May 07, 2013
Nah I beg to disagree with you in terms of Ghana priemier league being more advance than the Nigeria premier league.

GPL is about 2 clubs, heart of oak and kotoko. Both sides are a replica of barca and madrid.

Moreso, there is an awareness about the league in ghana unlike here in Nigeria where fans have completely lost interest in the league, this is partly due to the fact that an average Ghanaian is conservatives and will rather watch something ghanaian than European.

Nigerian league is stronger and more fun to watch than the GPL overall.

Mr Aboki: [size=13pt]Glo just wasted their money on the Nigerian league.

I would have thought that GLO would have watched the documentary on how the EPL was rebranded, repackaged and upgraded from what it used to be to what it currently is. I wonder if they just throw money at every and anything that moves for nothing. GLO should have given them some solid conditions for sponsorship. Its very sad to see some clubs play matches with no names on their jerseys. The jerseys and other club paraphenelia are not even available to fans for purchase. Before splashing all that cash on the NPL, GLO should have insisted on alot of changes that must be met within a period of their sponsorship. Even the Clubs should start soliciting sponsors. I'll like to see a Dolphins F.C jersey designed by Nike or Puma and avialable for sale, with the club having a good website, good fan/club relationship, e.t.c.

Clubs need to repair their images as well. You watch english clubs and their players all have to behave and act a certain way. They wear suits to match venues, all with the clubs colors on their ties, they are well behaved and composed, e.t.c. I will never forget meeting a Nigerian clubside on a flight back from Ghana. If it were a bus, I would have stopped mid way and taken abother. Even the NPL managers need to find a way of making the league interesting and appealing to Nigerians. I would even say that Ghanas Local football league has somehow advanced way more than ours in terms of followership. Infact, you can spot an Ashanti Kotoko fan from a mile out. On match days, everyone is glued to a radio set to listen to commentaries..

I'm sorry, but I cant really excitedly relate to this news as I feel its just another waste of effort..
[/size]
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by vandarsar(m): 1:45pm On May 07, 2013
Nice comment... You got it all right bro

Chartey:
See as u dey talk as if say na their birthright to collect d money. Glo just dey dash dem sef. I mean Glo is not even getting any exposure for dat cash.That money could have created powerful commercials and bought unlimited airtime on our airwaves. Afterall, MTN paid Saka only NGN20million. It's either they are just being patriotic or there are some perks that come with this thing like tax holidays or something. I'll find out sha.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by Lilimax(f): 2:16pm On May 07, 2013
Eze Promoe: Don't worry.
We're getting here.
Our league will overtake that of UK in the year 2020 (year of hallucination)
LWKMD! grin at bolded
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:23pm On May 07, 2013
Glo...unlimited wink
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by honeric01(m): 2:29pm On May 07, 2013
effisyman: Later another company go say they won the bid, court case will keep on going till the league ends and no more will be released.

Say what you know.

Nothing like court case in this matter, glo paid total promotion a whopping 100 million naira as an out of court settlement, so the road's clear.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by siddiq202(m): 2:34pm On May 07, 2013
effisyman: Later another company go say they won the bid, court case will keep on going till the league ends and no more will be released.

let's hope it wont happen this time

OP
This is a good development. I just hope the money will help develop the league.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by AjanleKoko: 2:39pm On May 07, 2013
Out of curiosity: What does the league sponsorship entail?
Is the money meant for advertising rights, or to be shared between the clubs?
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by dolphinife: 2:43pm On May 07, 2013
what is holding people like Mike Adenuga to buy over GATEWAY FC?
what is holding Mr. Ubah to buy Warri wolves?
What is holding Dangote to buy over Kano Pillars?
what is holding Maduka to buy over Bayelsa United?
What is holding Otedola to buy Prime FC?
What is holding all these motherfucker billionaires to buy one Nigerian clubs so that the league can be competitive.
If Dangote can be so interested as to the extent of showing significant interest in buying ArsenaL FC, i dnt knw why he can't do the same for the local league despite being the richest blackman.
Though, GLO is trying, but they ARE not getting their priorities right. Most of these local league players always look like a kwashiokor-infested human beings with so many piled-up suffering manifesting on their faces every weekend. You will see their hairs unkempt, their jersey shirts too big or too small to fit-in their body, wearing the same jerseys throughout the season, no sign of sponsorship deal on their jersey, etc.
All these shows why the highest paid local league player is not collecting more than 150,000naira per month....that is a far cry from the global best practises

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by solomon111(m): 2:58pm On May 07, 2013

[/size]
Is it your money.?
Is $12million too much to spend on your country despite the huge revenues they make from Nigeria?
This same league gave us the bulk of our nation's cup winning team,for christ's sake.
What a miser.

1 Like

Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by supaeagles(m): 3:20pm On May 07, 2013
trigar12: $13million mtweeeeh. Thats not even upto the salary of top players in europe on a yearly basis. 1.8bn for 3years to run a league, somebody please gimme a break
Ok, but to get there you have to take the first step and this is surely a step in the right direction.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by MrAboki: 3:21pm On May 07, 2013
solomon111: Is it your money.?
Is $12million too much to spend on your country despite the huge revenues they make from Nigeria?
This same league gave us the bulk of our nation's cup winning team,for christ's sake.
What a miser.

[size=13pt]Are you a Nama?!

Did you read through the post?! All we are saying is that the friggin league should be rebranded. #Period! Throwing hude sums of money at a league that is so dry and useless without any real reform is money down the drain.

All I am saying is that the money should have been used to inject new ideas and branding and marketing into that useless league.

[/size]

1 Like

Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by honeric01(m): 4:45pm On May 07, 2013
Too many ignorant set typing away.

Anyways, more than 10 clubs have fresh shirt sponsorship deals worth millions of naira, if you visit the league thread like you visit your foreign league threads, you'd have discovered this.

1 Like

Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by ibrash600: 10:43am On May 08, 2013

[/size]

Well said bro, I can't even remember the last time i watch Nigerian league, poor camera, poor commentaries, poor officiating by refs, attimes you won't knw d diff btw Manager & supporter, dy dress smehw...smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 23 Fixed Draw / Picture White Girls With Nigerian Flag / Fastest Finger For Recharge Cards Sponsored By Owolaball Sports Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.