Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Are You Married To An Older Lady...? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Married To An Older Lady...? (21012 Views)

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:14pm On May 06, 2013
Are you married to an older lady or a younger guy?

Do u know anyone, male or female in such a union?

Please share your experience, challenges and thoughts on the issue...
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 8:46pm On May 06, 2013
Tgirl4real: Are you married to an older lady or a younger guy?

Please share your experience, challenges and thoughts on the issue...

i would have loved to marry an older woman but ex-boyfriends, ex-husbands, children, ex-step-children, pending divorces, business pressures, financial obligations, and debts can often be part of the package.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:51pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

i would have loved to marry an older woman but ex-boyfriends, ex-husbands, children, ex-step-children, pending divorces, business pressures, financial obligations, and debts can often be part of the package.

This can also be d case with a younger lady, just that the chances are slimmer. And we also have older women that haven't been married b4.

U are right sha.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 8:57pm On May 06, 2013
Tgirl4real:
This can also be d case with a younger lady, just that the chances are slimmer. And we also have older women that haven't been married b4.

U are right sha.

older women that haven't been married before must have ex-boyfriends in double digits. you can throw in 3-5 abortions into the equation as well and plenty of other vices.

of course, older women have their pros too. they have wealth of experience. they have been there and don't that - plus they cannot be bovvered about the petty nonsense that makes younger women crazy.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 06, 2013
I would have loved to marry someone older too but I trust my mum she wouldn't agree. I love my mum soo mucch so I won't want to hurt her.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 9:04pm On May 06, 2013
teeo: I would have loved to marry someone older too but I trust my mum she wouldn't agree. I love my mum soo mucch so I won't want to hurt her.

if you have reasons to marry one, go for it. as for me, i made the decision not to marry one after analysing the pros and cons. i really think your mum should play no part in your choice of partner.

6 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

older women that haven't been married before must have ex-boyfriends in double digits. you can throw in 3-5 abortions into the equation as well and plenty of other vices.

of course, older women have their pros too. they have wealth of experience. they have been there and don't that - plus they cannot be bovvered about the petty nonsense that makes younger women crazy.

The fact that petty nonsense don't make them crazy is a Good point but older women get their own issues ooo.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 9:09pm On May 06, 2013
teeo:
The fact that petty nonsense don't make them crazy is a Good point but older women get their own issues ooo.

of course - their own issues exist.
they have enough baggage to sink the titanic, they have the tendency to be controlling and there's always a risk that the moral majority would disapprove such a relationship.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

if you have reasons to marry one, go for it. as for me, i made the decision not to marry one after analysing the pros and cons. i really think your mum should play no part in your choice of partner.

Not when ur mum has been the only one there for u in the past 16years.

Anyway it also wouldn't make sense when your older after years in marriage and ur wife begins too look like your mother. Guess u know women age faster.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:15pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

Well...True!

I was about asking about d advantages but u already answered.

What exactly is the problem u have with the ex-boyfriends? grin

Most young gals now change BFs like they change weave o. Lol

Moreover, d older d guy gets, these things might not matter as long as the lady in question is still very ok medically.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 9:16pm On May 06, 2013
teeo:
Not when ur mum has been the only one there for u in the past 16years.

puzzling......

Anyway it also wouldn't make sense when your older after years in marriage and ur wife begins too look like your mother. Guess u know women age faster.

Tgirl4real:
Well...True!

okafor's law!

tell me about it.......

Moreover, d older d guy gets, these things might not matter as long as the lady in question is still very ok medically.

but people's health tend to deteriorate with old age....

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:18pm On May 06, 2013
teeo: I would have loved to marry someone older too but I trust my mum she wouldn't agree. I love my mum soo mucch so I won't want to hurt her.

The older u become, the more independent you become in decision making.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:20pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

of course - their own issues exist.
they have enough baggage to sink the titanic, they have the tendency to be controlling and there's always a risk that the moral majority would disapprove such a relationship.

That last line shouldn't be an issue really. It's not like u gonna go announce to the whole world that you are way younger than her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 06, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Well...True!

the thing would have expanded beyond its elastic limits grin.

But to honest most of these ladies that change guys everytime end up with noone serious at the end of the day. They now turn to churches looking for fresh lads ti poach...

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 9:26pm On May 06, 2013
Tgirl4real:
That last line shouldn't be an issue really. It's not like u gonna go announce to the whole world that you are way younger than her.

people would know - unless the age gap is not too significant. i dated an older woman when i was in the uni and she was 8 years older. the difference was very glaring because she was working for a big insurance firm while i was busy with drawing sheets.

teeo:

But to honest most of these ladies that change guys everytime end up with noone serious at the end of the day. They now turn to churches looking for fresh lads ti poach...

don't get it twisted.....
bad babes marry quicker than the saintly chics. they have the trickery to trap oblivious young men into marriage. they are street smart and they usually go for what they want unlike the sheltered girls that wait for good things to come.

10 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:35pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

people would know - unless the age gap is not too significant. i dated an older woman when i was in the uni and she was 8 years older. the difference was very glaring because she was working for a big insurance firm while i was busy with drawing sheets.

Well, I know 2 couples like that.

D first is just 3years gap between them. U can never know if they don't tell you. They have been married for more than 15 years now and growing strong.

The second should have like 5 years between them and it's obvious the wife is older. She is also more matured. The guy tries to cover up for his immaturity/insecurity by shutting her down. They have been married for around 4 years now. I would say they are doing ok sha.

It's in this light I would like us to discuss.

Is the man always the man in such a relationship?

Does the guy go an extra mile to affirm his authority?

Are the women always at a disadvantage?

And so on...

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 9:44pm On May 06, 2013
Tgirl4real:
Well, I know 2 couples like that.

D first is just 3years gap between them. U can never know if they don't tell you. They have been married for more than 15 years now and growing strong.

3 years difference can still fall into the same age group.

The second should have like 5 years between them and it's obvious the wife is older. She is also more matured. The guy tries to cover up for his immaturity/insecurity by shutting her down. They have been married for around 4 years now. I would say they are doing ok sha.
It's in this light I would like us to discuss.

hmmmm....

Is the man always the man in such a relationship?

i think it depends on the individual.
some men allow such to overwhelm them whilst some see age as a mere number. some women can be of help by not making their older status a big issue.

Does the guy go an extra mile to affirm his authority?

this where the man's self-confidence must come into play. if i am married to a woman of 3000 years of age i would still be the authority in the relationship. i am the one with the balls not her. grin

Are the women always at a disadvantage?
And so on...

nature puts women at a disadvantage from the onset. nothing can change that. grin you just need to scan through all the religions and see where they place women.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 9:59pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

damn i feel this gif!
i never had the opportunity to date up.

But I guess older women are like seasoned wine,mature and experienced

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 10:01pm On May 06, 2013
biolabee:
damn i feel this gif!
i never had the opportunity to date up.

the opportunity abounds......
older women are readily available - no frills, no thrills, no time wasting!

But I guess older women are like seasoned wine,mature and experienced

exactly - all they need from you is the attention!
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 10:02pm On May 06, 2013
teeo:

who sai
Na dem go do goody goody for mother in law make she like them
Na dem dey get belle quick to show MIL say nothing spoil
They poke well and cook wella

So whats the mans problem... carry GOOOO

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 10:02pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

the opportunity abounds......
older women are readily available - no frills, no thrills, no time wasting!
er..ermm, no thanks cheesy grin grin
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:14pm On May 06, 2013
biolabee:
er..ermm, no thanks cheesy grin grin

Lolz

U no just get liver. grin

biolabee:

damn i feel this gif!

Coogar is just wicked with his gif(s). sad
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 10:28pm On May 06, 2013
yes o.. i love my liverless life

if the woman come gbadusky you nko and she doesnt let go
sabotaging your afesona/fiance/wife because she has the means or is empowered

atuu.... i no wan wahala for my small head o...
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 10:32pm On May 06, 2013
biolabee: yes o.. i love my liverless life
if the woman come gbadusky you nko and she doesnt let go
sabotaging your afesona/fiance/wife because she has the means or is empowered

atuu.... i no wan wahala for my small head o...

an older woman is not likely to hold too tight or go psycho on you. she's not like the average teenager.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 10:51pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

an older woman is not likely to hold too tight or go psycho on you. she's not like the average teenager.

if she sees you as last chance salon before she becomes a lonely cat lady
e no go easy to escape oo smiley
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 11:04pm On May 06, 2013
biolabee:
if she sees you as last chance salon before she becomes a lonely cat lady
e no go easy to escape oo smiley

i doubt it.......
most of them don't date for marriage - they just want sex and they know such relationships are dead-end relationships. the likelihood of a 40 year-old woman marrying a 22 year-old dude is slim.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

i doubt it.......
most of them don't date for marriage - they just want sex and they know such relationships are dead-end relationships. the likelihood of a 40 year-old woman marrying a 22 year-old dude is slim.

What of 48 to 30.. Doesn't look so bad anymore

grin
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 06, 2013
First you say this; (which implies that you don't like to be controlled)
coogar:
older women have the tendency to be controlling

then you come here to say that you will control whoever you are in a relationship with
coogar:
if i am married to a woman of 3000 years of age i would still be the authority in the relationship. i am the one with the bÄlls not her. grin

So why do you want to subject another human being to something you wouldn't want for yourself

3 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 06, 2013
coogar: nature puts women at a disadvantage from the onset.
Please explain this statement.

coogar: you just need to scan through all the religions and see where they place women.
Apart from religions what other reasons do you have for believing that women are below men?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 11:52pm On May 06, 2013
fellis: First you say this; (which implies that you don't like to be controlled)

then you come here to say that you will control whoever you are in a relationship with

So why do you want to subject another human being to something you wouldn't want for yourself

i am the man in the relationship.....deal with it!

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

i am the man in the relationship.....deal with it!
You want to be 'the man' even when being 'the man' implies carrying out actions that hurt other people? I.e controlling them and subjecting them to your will?

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 11:59pm On May 06, 2013
fellis:
You want to be 'the man' even when being 'the man' implies carrying out actions that hurt other people? I.e controlling them and subjecting them to your will?

who says being a man hurts other people? are you living in a parallel universe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce / About Married Women And Male Friends / What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.