Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,451 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Are You Married To An Older Lady...? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Married To An Older Lady...? (21016 Views)

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by epmmiks: 2:16pm On May 07, 2013
Tgirl4real: Are you married to an older lady or a younger guy?

Do u know anyone, male or female in such a union?

Please share your experience, challenges and thoughts on the issue...

Lola is older than me, she is my wife for my experience, NO ISSUE about age difference
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by akinloluwao: 2:23pm On May 07, 2013
I dont mind getting married to an older lady, am 34yrs old single guy and am looking for a lady in dat range to marry.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 07, 2013
I won't lie to you sometimes I like women my age or older, the younger ones just carry teenage fantasies that irritate me and as for my age I am 30 shy. A matured mind knows how to communicate with a man's needs. That is why it is advisable to have older ladies as friends sometimes.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 07, 2013
I've dated a few older women and I'm probably more attracted to them due to the fact that most of them possess the "it factor" that most of the younger girls lack...They have been there and done that - and their wealth of experience is also a plus...

However, everything comes with the territory... If you're looking for someone to make you feel complete, grow faster, compliment you, and a proper partnership - then I'd say go for an older woman...

4 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by EmmyDe25(m): 2:33pm On May 07, 2013
Tgirl4real:

That last line shouldn't be an issue really. It's not like u gonna go announce to the whole world that you are way younger than her.
My mind. Wud u go all out and be tellin me pple dat ur wife is older than u? Definitely NO!
Personally, i rily dont think there is anytin bad in datin or marryin a lady dat is older than u... it shouldnt be more than two years though.
Think i once dated a lady who was a year older than me, and i can say without mincing words that it was one of the best relationships i've ever had. She was matured, submissive, caring and gave the relationship her all. I just messed up eventually.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by dealslip(f): 2:37pm On May 07, 2013
venchi: JUST FINISHED MY TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE, ABOUT TO WED ON 29TH OF MAY 2013, THEN I CAN START LIVING WITH MY WIFE , BUT NOW NO AN EXPERIENCE ABOUT THAT. BUT MAN MUST BE A MAN. YOU ARE THE ONE MARRING HER NOT HER MARRING YOU. YOU HAVE THE FINAL SAY NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. EVEN THOUGH SHE IS RICHER , OR HAVE UPPER HAND INTERNS OF INCOME. DO NOT ALLOW HER USE AGE ADVANTAGE ON YOU. GOD HAS MADE IT SO , THAT A MAN MUST BE THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY. SHE CANNOT MARRY HERSELF.THAT IS WHY SHE NEEDED A MAN IN HER LIFE.
Really? i thought a man can marry himself. No where did God say a man is superior to man. Neither does nature itself. Men have been admonished to love their wife just like Christ loved the church and give his life for her.if any of you here wants to be considered a man. He must fufil the criteria above. A woman is actually independent that is why God expects a man to leave his parents and cleave to his wife not vice versa. Women are there as helpers because men can't do it all alone. i hope you all understand.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by InvertedHammer: 2:38pm On May 07, 2013
Lilimax:
Hope you are not worried about me? I've said I DO nine years ago.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

THANK GOD!

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by ITbomb(m): 2:41pm On May 07, 2013
Oh my dear Tgirl4real, you never told me it would get worse to this level.
So now you are ready to grab any available man not like before.
If you would sponsor the wedding, I'm interested

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by basadenet: 2:47pm On May 07, 2013
If you are contemplating it please drop it if not you are in a big soup why? because not only that they are so promiscuous they will do anything within their power to tie you down permanently. They do not want to see you near any young girl nor having any extra Tyre anywhere. Oldies are bitter pill to swallow if you know what i mean.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Ehinafe: 2:49pm On May 07, 2013
Tgirl4real, U have already hit the nail in the head: Okafor's law is the real thing
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by MSItachi: 2:49pm On May 07, 2013
I am married to an older Lady

Its not the Age that is the problem most times, but who exactly you married,we have a lot of younger women that still have bigger issues with marriage
Anyway my wife looks about 7 years younger than me. She doesn't and had never disrespected me, in return i try not to be overbearing also, what i like most about her is that she is very strong and doesn't break under pressure financial or otherwise, extremely matured

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by MrMann1(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Well, I know 2 couples like that.

D first is just 3years gap between them. U can never know if they don't tell you. They have been married for more than 15 years now and growing strong.

The second should have like 5 years between them and it's obvious the wife is older. She is also more matured. The guy tries to cover up for his immaturity/insecurity by shutting her down. They have been married for around 4 years now. I would say they are doing ok sha.

It's in this light I would like us to discuss.

Is the man always the man in such a relationship?

Does the guy go an extra mile to affirm his authority?

Are the women always at a disadvantage?

And so on...
It all depends on the woman, if she submit herself to the authority of the man as the man of the house; As for the man I don't think the man have to go all the extra mile, he only needs to be caring, dutiful, supportive and responsible as a husband, and not giving room for the woman to doubt/suspect him. Also if there is mutual respect and understanding for each other in the relationship they will go places and won't bother about who is older or not.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Ehinafe: 2:55pm On May 07, 2013
If we actually visualize it from the status of man, age is just a number, because man is made to be the spiritual head of the family. So shall it be irrespective of the status the woman attains in life. But one can be married to an older woman and the level of submissiveness of the woman will be unparallel
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:21pm On May 07, 2013
EmmyDe25:
My mind. Wud u go all out and be tellin me pple dat ur wife is older than u? Definitely NO!
Personally, i rily dont think there is anytin bad in datin or marryin a lady dat is older than u... it shouldnt be more than two years though.
Think i once dated a lady who was a year older than me, and i can say without mincing words that it was one of the best relationships i've ever had. She was matured, submissive, caring and gave the relationship her all. I just messed up eventually.

Don't u think those qualities u listed have to do more with her personality... A year difference isn't dat significant.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:25pm On May 07, 2013
Ehinafe: Tgirl4real, U have already hit the nail in the head: Okafor's law is the real thing

Which wan be Okafor's law? grin

MSItachi: I am married to an older Lady

Its not the Age that is the problem most times, but who exactly you married,we have a lot of younger women that still have bigger issues with marriage
Anyway my wife looks about 7 years younger than me. She doesn't and had never disrespected me, in return i try not to be overbearing also, what i like most about her is that she is very strong and doesn't break under pressure financial or otherwise, extremely matured

I'm happy for u. What's the age difference between u 2?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by nuelle: 3:43pm On May 07, 2013
"Age is numbers", they say. It is no longer news when older ladies marry younger men. I wish to ask if a lady older than her man by two (2) months, falls into this group of "older ladies"?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by megamindmaster(m): 3:55pm On May 07, 2013
Sacluxpaint: I won't lie to you sometimes I like women my age or older, the younger ones just carry teenage fantasies that irritate me and as for my age I am 30 shy. A matured mind knows how to communicate with a man's needs. That is why it is advisable to have older ladies as friends sometimes.
I like this. We are like minded
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by onadana: 4:01pm On May 07, 2013
Yes...i am married to an older lady,infact she is 4years older than me.But it has never being an issue,we have a beautiful marriage and a wonderful relationship.She is very patient with me.Age has never being the issue.Love is.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by dddaaayyyooo(m): 4:06pm On May 07, 2013
I meet a lady too 5 months ago, she's 4 months older than me, and am starting to Lov her BUT As soon as she told me she 1s had an abortion, d lov just ran away, apart from that her past is just too rough for me. An Older lady NO!
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 4:32pm On May 07, 2013
fellis: @coogar I used Africa and USA as examples because I wanted to compare two areas with similar land mass.

the analogy is daft at best - one country versus 54 other countries with diversity should never be compared. your responses on this topic further reinforces my beliefs that the average male is more superior to the average female.

1 Gender is not a measure of intelligence so cut it out with that bullshit about men being more intelligent than women. I only posted that research to shut you up about your idiotic claim that men are more intelligent.
There are different types of intelligence and if you can't prove that men surpass women in every single type of intelligence ie linguistic, interpersonal, musical, logical etc, then shut the hell up about men being more intelligent.

there are no different types of intelligence - you are either intelligent or not intelligent. linguistic, interpersonal and musical intelligence are acquired, it's not necessarily in-born. i have listed various inventors, where are their female counterparts?

oh yes - your rebuttal was that women were kept at home for many centuries but it then begs the question - why did the women of those days agree to be kept at home? they did not agree, they rebelled against the decision and their rebellion was crushed by the superior gender!

2. About your Y and X chromosome theory; the Y chromosome you claimed is so superior and magnificient contains less DNA material than the X chromosome is dying away/fading from existence. Why is it disappearing when the X is still going strong? Besides, the Y chromosomes have played virtually the same role as X chromosomes in evolution. I don't know where you get your science 'facts' from.
Read here
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MensHealthNews/story?id=8104217&page=1

you lack cognitive reasoning.....
the DNA content means shyte - what has that gotta do with superiority. a man has X and Y. the X chromosome has compensated the DNA content the Y lacks.

modern science told us that X-chromosomes make us more similar to unevolved animals and Y-chromosomes makes us more similar to the sentient human beings we are.

if you ever did evolutionary psychology, you would notice that of the two genders, the one which behaves more emotionally, impulsively and irrationally - in short like non-sentient animals is the female human gender with double the X-chromosomes.

however, the gender that behaves more rationally, logically and is responsible for 99.9% of all human achievement if not more is the only one with a Y-chromosome in addition to an X(the male)

4. Women have smaller brains on average because they have smaller bodies. Their brains are in proportion to their bodies.
Also, women have more white matter than men in their brains which make them better than men in communicating and problem solving. Read it up.

being better at communicating further reinforces my theory. the presence of large white matter connotes passivity whilst the men's grey matter epitomises superior intelligence in mathematical subjects. mathematics invented 99.99% of what you see around you, not language skills!

men are the superior beings - QED!

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by segzicres(m): 4:33pm On May 07, 2013
Ya'll should chill tho! Niggas rule d world n to b honest women are backups.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by ASPchris(m): 4:52pm On May 07, 2013
teeo: I would have loved to marry someone older too but I trust my mum she wouldn't agree. I love my mum soo mucch so I won't want to hurt her.
who be this one?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 07, 2013
ASPchris: who be this one?

Who be this mumu

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On May 07, 2013
There are enough younger women to go around
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by blaise26abj(m): 5:01pm On May 07, 2013
@ Coogar: No need for the jabs @ fellis. I've also noticed that majority of the super-intelligent ladies roll with guys. They seem not ready to mingle with their gender counterparts.

@ Topic:the way i mingle with older ladies ehn, i might just settle for some1 older. Maturity, experience, patience, confidence, goal-oriented and well defined direction/focus in life. Those the the good parts.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 07, 2013
@coogar

Guy u badt gan o..I can imagine how good looking u r.didnt have my first dose of relationship till 4years after uni and here u r, dating older chics since uni days
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 07, 2013
coogar:

the opportunity abounds......
older women are readily available - no frills, no thrills, no time wasting!

exactly - all they need from you is the attention!

But when u give them too much of that attention, u might just turn urself to a piece of shit.i would have loved to share a personal experience here but for some reasons, id keep be silent.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 5:22pm On May 07, 2013
sanniemoe: @coogar

Guy u badt gan o..I can imagine how good looking u r.didnt have my first dose of relationship till 4years after uni and here u r, dating older chics since uni days

4 years after uni? what are you? a monk?
i am sure your spērm cells had become tadpoles by then. grin

sanniemoe:
But when u give them too much of that attention, u might just turn urself to a piece of shit.i would have loved to share a personal experience here but for some reasons, id keep be silent.

you cannot give them everything they want....
the spin is to do some balancing act - don't make yourself too available and don't become totally unavailable. out of 10 requests, fulfill 5 or 6.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Mabyb(f): 5:34pm On May 07, 2013
[quote dddaaayyyooo]I meet a lady too 5 months ago, she's 4 months older than me, and am starting to Lov her BUT As soon as she told me she 1s had an abortion, d lov just ran away, apart from that her past is just too rough for me. An Older lady NO!
[/quote]
well its nt realy easy,i undstnd wt u, buh luv covers all things just on one condition if u realy luv her...and actualy she tried by opening up 2 u in d early stage dat makes her honest,sincere n trustworthy and perharps must have repented..its js up 2 u...its nt a do or die affair...buh js tink wisely!!!

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 07, 2013
coogar:
[s]the analogy is daft at best - one country versus 54 other countries with diversity should never be compared. your responses on this topic further reinforces my beliefs that the average male is more superior to the average female.[/s]
there are no different types of intelligence - you are either intelligent or not intelligent. linguistic, interpersonal and musical intelligence are acquired, it's not necessarily in-born.
[s]i have listed various inventors, where are their female counterparts?
oh yes - your rebuttal was that women were kept at home for many centuries but it then begs the question - why did the women of those days agree to be kept at home? they did not agree, they rebelled against the decision and their rebellion was crushed by the superior gender!
you lack cognitive reasoning.....
the DNA content means shyte - what has that gotta do with superiority. a man has X and Y. the X chromosome has compensated the DNA content the Y lacks.
modern science told us that X-chromosomes make us more similar to unevolved animals and Y-chromosomes makes us more similar to the sentient human beings we are.
if you ever did evolutionary psychology, you would notice that of the two genders, the one which behaves more emotionally, impulsively and irrationally - in short like non-sentient animals is the female human gender with double the X-chromosomes.
however, the gender that behaves more rationally, logically and is responsible for 99.9% of all human achievement if not more is the only one with a Y-chromosome in addition to an X(the male
being better at communicating further reinforces my theory. the presence of large white matter connotes passivity whilst the men's grey matter epitomises superior intelligence in mathematical subjects. mathematics invented 99.99% of what you see around you not language skills![/s]
men are the superior beings - QED!
@bold, grin grin grin
Anyway after my last comment Tgirl requested that her thread should not be derailed any further so I am going to do the respectable thing and stop the arguments.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by qleap2all(m): 5:38pm On May 07, 2013
Apart from real love,frustration from lack do made men to marry an older lady out of poverty.
money n loneliness are major factor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

About Married Women And Male Friends / Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce / They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.