Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf (2026 Views)

Facebook Share Button: Nairaland, What Are You Still Waiting For? / Which Is More Productive: Facebook Like Or Facebook Share? / How Do I Hyperlink On Smf Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by cdapsin: 10:05am On May 07, 2013
Does anyone know how to do this?
I need facebook topic share button on my smf site, i have tried different mods but none seem to work pls help
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by miracle4(m): 12:26pm On May 07, 2013
use the sharethis mod for smf
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by cdapsin: 10:18pm On May 21, 2013
it ain't working for mobile
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by miracle4(m): 11:24pm On May 21, 2013
cdapsin: it ain't working for mobile
are you currently using any mod for your mobile site ?
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by cdapsin: 1:48am On May 22, 2013
no am using the default curve theme
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by miracle4(m): 8:15am On May 22, 2013
copy the sharethis code and paste it in a notepad save it as share.php

then include it in your wireless template.php via php include
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by cdapsin: 10:43am On May 22, 2013
ok i would try that, do u have a smf site? Let me see how the code looks like
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by miracle4(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2013
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by cdapsin: 12:54pm On May 22, 2013
i have seen it but is not working when using opera mini on ya site and one more question is ya site under smf, it doesn't look like smf site
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by miracle4(m): 1:06pm On May 22, 2013
you have to manually visit the wap2 link (the second link provided below )provided at the footer

I stopped the auto-redirection because of many users now switching to android os

check again
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by cdapsin: 11:20pm On May 22, 2013
miracle4: copy the sharethis code and paste it in a notepad save it as share.php

then include it in your wireless template.php via php include
Back to this please explain the step by step way on how to do this
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by miracle4(m): 11:56pm On May 22, 2013
this should be okay for you bro Last time I posted code I was banned by some filter script
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by cdapsin: 12:39am On May 23, 2013
miracle4: this http://forum.obasimvilla.com/index.php?topic=612.0 or this http://forum.obasimvilla.com/index.php?topic=490.0 should be okay for you bro Last time I posted code I was banned by some filter script
it doesn't explain how to add the share code are you on whats app or any social network lemme add u i really need this code
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by miracle4(m): 2:00am On May 23, 2013
from your post I could understand that what you want to achieve is having the social sharing icons display for the users of your forum who are using mobile devices right ?

look below where you have

next step now is how to make your link (the link you 've created ) display in your header and footer throughout your smf forum to do this
1. log in to your cpanel navigate to your forum root directory where you have ssi.php upload the link you 've just created in this case upload footerlinks.php
2. navigate to theme / default /Wireless.template.php
3. download the Wireless.template.php (backup in case you mess up with the settings) then edit it with any html editor
4. to display the link on the header locate where you have
Code: [Select]

follow this procedure change the contents of that footerlinks.php to the[javascript copied from addthis.com]
and do the rest . it's that easy bro

n/b the second link is just to give you idea on how to further customize your mobile view including position for locating your header and footer area .
just play within this box, you will be just fine
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by cdapsin: 7:18am On May 23, 2013
miracle4: from your post I could understand that what you want to achieve is having the social sharing icons display for the users of your forum who are using mobile devices right ?

look below where you have

next step now is how to make your link (the link you 've created ) display in your header and footer throughout your smf forum to do this
1. log in to your cpanel navigate to your forum root directory where you have ssi.php upload the link you 've just created in this case upload footerlinks.php
2. navigate to theme / default /Wireless.template.php
3. download the Wireless.template.php (backup in case you mess up with the settings) then edit it with any html editor
4. to display the link on the header locate where you have
Code: [Select]

follow this procedure change the contents of that footerlinks.php to the[javascript copied from addthis.com]
and do the rest . it's that easy bro

n/b the second link is just to give you idea on how to further customize your mobile view including position for locating your header and footer area .
just play within this box, you will be just fine
you are right thanks for the help, the codes you said i should find are not showing
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by miracle4(m): 8:46am On May 23, 2013
from http://addthis.com choose a website while creating your share buttons
Re: Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf by cdapsin: 8:55am On May 23, 2013
miracle4: from http://addthis.com choose a website while creating your share buttons
you said to display the links on either header or footer i should look for a code in my wireless.template and put the addthis code

(1) (Reply)

Register With GLOBAL DOMAINS INTERNATIONAL And Make Money From It / Guys Pls What Is This Service By Google Called / SEO Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.