Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Mourinho Tells Iniesta: No Messi, No Glory - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Tells Iniesta: No Messi, No Glory (802 Views)

No Messi No Barca / Mesut Ozil Is Better Than The Combination Of Xavi And Iniesta / No Messi??? No Money!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Tells Iniesta: No Messi, No Glory by Morgan1092(m): 3:23pm On May 07, 2013
Real Madrid trainer Jose Mourinho has intimated that Barcelona's humbling Champions League semi-final exit against Bayern Munich was evidence of them being a diminished power without Lionel Messi.

The Portuguese coach hit back at comments made by Andres Iniesta, in which the Spain international suggested he was surprised by Mourinho's treatment of Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas.

But the 50-year-old blasted: "[Iniesta] can think what he likes, but I would say to him that without Messi his team is so different and that is why they did what they did in the semi-finals of the Champions League."

Meanwhile, the former Chelsea and Inter boss took responsibility for his team's failure to meet its objectives this term.

"We want to finish the league in second place - but second place is not enough," said the two-time Champions League-winning coach.

"I haven’t been strong enough or persuasive enough as a coach to reach our objectives."

Mourinho was keen to add that his career at Madrid may not definitely be over, however, despite strong speculation linking him with a summer exit.

"If I think, and the boys think, that I can go on giving something more, I will continue [at the club]," he added.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/05/07/3960957/mourinho-barcelona-not-the-same-team-without-messi?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

Re: Mourinho Tells Iniesta: No Messi, No Glory by ShackAttack: 3:36pm On May 07, 2013
We all know this guy (MOURINHO) talks too much.... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mourinho Tells Iniesta: No Messi, No Glory by ShackAttack: 3:38pm On May 07, 2013
If he was as triumphant as pep will he be leaving MADRID for
Re: Mourinho Tells Iniesta: No Messi, No Glory by Morgan1092(m): 3:38pm On May 07, 2013
Shack_Attack: We all know this guy (MOURINHO) talks too much.... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
But what he said dis time is the truth.
Re: Mourinho Tells Iniesta: No Messi, No Glory by ShackAttack: 3:40pm On May 07, 2013
Morgan1092: But what he said dis time is the truth.
yeah! right...
Re: Mourinho Tells Iniesta: No Messi, No Glory by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 07, 2013
Shack_Attack:
yeah! right...
Do you mind pointing out what he said wrong?
Re: Mourinho Tells Iniesta: No Messi, No Glory by Nobody: 9:36am On May 08, 2013
He talks too much, so unproffesional and have no single quality as a coach.

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Tells Iniesta: No Messi, No Glory by maasoap(m): 12:42pm On May 08, 2013
Chukskalidon: He talks too much, so unproffesional and have no single quality as a coach.
If I may ask, what determines the quality of a good coach? Coaching a top flight team for 8 years without winning anything or losing 7-0 to an opponent must be good quality to you.

(1) (Reply)

If Not For Ferguson... / Carlo Ancelotti And Jose Mourinho. Who Would You Say Is A World Class Coach??? / Former NFA Boss Kojo Williams Says Super Eagles Need Foreign Coach!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.