Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates (303036 Views)

Shell Recruitment Day (srd) Shortlisted Candidate / Shell Recruitment Day 2011 / Shell Recruitment Day [srd] Info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Lero15(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
texasbreed: guy shell doesnt consider MSc or your certifications jare, am of the opinion sam might not even have MSc(stand to be corrected though if im wrong), i believe its all about your CAR and how well u can demonstrate these skills....chikena, so sam the ball is in your court do respond
full meaning of CAR please?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by samdson: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
MarvellousGod: @sam, congratulations. .what a testimony. .I share in your testimony. ..pls, I will like to know whether you have a masters degree or some certifications, I want to know the basis on which they call people. .looking forward to your response
Well, texasbreed was spot on. I have no MSc. In all truism, it is not a yardstick. If memory serves me right, I was the about the only one without an MSc or MBA in my SRD. Great if you have them, but for Shell, it's a case of what you bring to the table.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by samdson: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
Lero15: full meaning of CAR please?
Capacity, Achievement, Relationships. You can visit their website for more...

1 Like

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by texasbreed: 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
samdson:
Well, texasbreed was spot on. I have no MSc. In all truism, it is not a yardstick. If memory serves me right, I was the about the only one without an MSc or MBA in my SRD. Great if you have them, but for Shell, it's a case of what you bring to the table.
Answers to ma plenty questions still pending o, including how many guys made it from your SRD?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
@Samdson Please what are your achievements?? Examples if you don't want to be specific and what kind of relationship? to other candidates??
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
Texas and samd, thanks alot for your clarifications. .
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by dabiko(m): 6:35am On Dec 15, 2013
samdson: Let me start by saying that God is indeed faithful. His timing might not follow our expectations, but HE is always right on time.

I applied for the 2013 Shell Recruitment in May, and after daunting months of Application under review, I had my phone interview in October.
My SRD was in early November. As I write this, I have just been given my offer letter.

For the records, let me say that Shell's recruitment process still has a high level of merit about it. Meritocracy is never being compromised by nepotism or 'the Nigerian factor.' Shell truly gives everyone a level playing field to show what they are made of. I say this without mincing words because I am a living testimony.

I hope my testimony inspires someone. And please, never give in at any point in your job search. It is difficult to deny the man whose determination is unflinching.

Cheers.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Yinkaolu(m): 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
@Samdson: Congrats and thanks for coming all out to encourage us. For real, most of us are almost giving up i.e the teamapplicationunderreview but you gave hope to us. If God can do this for U then if it is His will, we will have it. Thanks for being a blessing. God bless you greatly. My testimony is the next here!
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by solomondavidson: 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
Please guys,wats d age limit For Ds application?26,28,30 or otherwise?I nid to knw now
2ndly,when will d entire process end,ds year or next year?
From observations,2:2 doesn't qualify. Automatically,I wanna know dage dat qualies o
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Yinkaolu(m): 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
solomondavidson: Please guys,wats d age limit For Ds application?26,28,30 or otherwise?I nid to knw now
From observations,2:2 doesn't qualify. Automatically,I wanna know dage dat qualies o

I did not see a categorical age limit there but I guess maybe 30. The application ends Dec 31, 2013 and then maybe they will start another one for 2014 around April/May but with the many application under review still for the 2013, just try to apply if they open up again b4 31st. 2.2 is not allowed
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by solomondavidson: 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Please guys,wats d age limit For Ds application?26,28,30 or otherwise?I nid to knw now
From observations,2:2 doesn't qualify. Automatically,I wanna know d age dat qualies o
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by spawne: 8:30am On Dec 16, 2013
Congratulations Sam. I am really happy for you. The srd process is a transparent one, if you have what it takes, then you will definitely make the cut. Congratulations once again.
@texasbreed, baba how far na? I think say you don fashi our thread o. It is well...lol.
The dream to work for and learn from the best lives on.
#teamshell
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by texasbreed: 9:32am On Dec 16, 2013
I am here until i get to that light @ the end of the shell tunnel, so even in the well, it has to be well..Seasons Greetings Yall.
I just cracked up two expensive jokes this morning, hope im forgiven.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by DgRaNdShErifF(m): 10:32am On Dec 16, 2013
texasbreed: I am here until i get to that light @ the end of the shell tunnel, so even in the well, it has to be well..Seasons Greetings Yall.
I just cracked up two expensive jokes this morning, hope im forgiven.
Before I say d truth, just wanna say a big congratulation to bro Sam. You were indeed lucky bro.
Yeah, it is true that there is some degree of transparency in the SRD process, but one can not rule out the fact that the process is biased to some (perhaps a large) extent. Infact, this year (2013) SRD ain't among the most genuine SRD's ever.
You wouldn't know because u haven't fallen a victim or was not among the victims.
It will also interest you to know that the Deltans, Bayelsans and the Rivers are mostly the ones getting the job. Dunno why.

Congrats, Big Sam.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2013
i'm assuming you're deltan and if you're who i think u are, you read Comp Eng
D_gRaNd_ShErifF:
Before I say d truth, just wanna say a big congratulation to bro Sam. You were indeed lucky bro.
Yeah, it is true that there is some degree of transparency in the SRD process, but one can not rule out the fact that the process is biased to some (perhaps a large) extent. Infact, this year (2013) SRD ain't among the most genuine SRD's ever.
You wouldn't know because u haven't fallen a victim or was not among the victims.
It will also interest you to know that the Deltans, Bayelsans and the Rivers are mostly the ones getting the job. Dunno why.

Congrats, Big Sam.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by texasbreed: 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
D_gRaNd_ShErifF:
Yeah, it is true that there is some degree of transparency in the SRD process Ps i didnt say this, but one can not rule out the fact that the process is biased to some (perhaps a large) extent. Infact, this year (2013) SRD ain't among the most genuine SRD's ever.

Congrats, Big Sam.
Y quote me b4 saying the truth, besides i am not sam....But thanks for congratulating me in sams place.....if deltans, rivers or Bsiders get the job its their 2013 luck, Just believe that your own space wont be filled by anoda.....#team exceeding-grace

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by solomondavidson: 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Thanks a lot bro:So what you are Saying is dat someone who doesn't pass this year can also pass next year?how Are we sure they are gonna take applications next year?
If they Require 4 yrs experience or less then d age limit shouldn't be less dan 32 or wat do u guys think?
I also think d Recruitment process will continue till next year?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by texasbreed: 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
770077][/color]
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by texasbreed: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
Its a yearly program, as for the age limit they don't usually state it but if u are above 32 do u think dat age still fits for grad trainee position... My two kobo-cents
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nnabugwu8590: 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
samdson:
Capacity, Achievement, Relationships. You can visit their website for more...
Can someone with 2:2 or HND lower credit but meets Shell's CAR's criteria be considered for employment.
Please, your response is highly needed.
Thanks in advance.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nnabugwu8590: Can someone with 2:2 or HND lower credit but meets Shell's CAR's criteria be considered for employment.
Please, your response is highly needed.
Thanks in advance.
bro, anything lower than 2:1 isn't accepted. .getting past the application process is one thing, then being invited for interview and srd to test your CAR another thing. .it's when you are done with online application and tests that you can start talking abt CAR and anything less than 2:1 can't get you past online application. .

Btw, is there anybody who wouldn't believe he/she meets Shell's CAR?? undecided
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by texasbreed: 12:09am On Dec 18, 2013
MarvellousGod: bro, anything lower than 2:1 isn't accepted. .getting past the application process is one thing, then being invited for interview and srd to test your CAR another thing. .it's when you are done with online application and tests that you can start talking abt CAR and anything less than 2:1 can't get you past online application. .

Btw, is there anybody who wouldn't believe he/she meets Shell's CAR?? undecided
No one, everyone shld have the CAR but its your ability to demonstrate the CAR that matters throughout the process..... #team exceeding grace
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Dahhoney: 4:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
I've applied since May n til dis very moment my application is still unda review, a sent dem a mail n yet my hr status has sins nt changd.Pls w@ shld i do?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Lero15(m): 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
Dahhoney: I've applied since May n til dis very moment my application is still unda review, a sent dem a mail n yet my hr status has sins nt changd.Pls w@ shld i do?
bro u dey scare me already o. Mine jst a mnt old stl under review o. Buh letz see wat happens come dec 31st.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by texasbreed: 8:30am On Dec 23, 2013
Dahhoney: I've applied since May n til dis very moment my application is still unda review, a sent dem a mail n yet my hr status has sins nt changd.Pls w@ shld i do?
What u can do is keep being patient...2013 recruitment ought to end by 1st quarter 2014 b4 dat for 2014 begins. So nor fear
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by obiscolly(m): 5:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
It seems that the job is no longer open cos I can't find it any longer on their site. Has it been closed? I thought it was till 31st of December?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigfrancis21: 1:40am On Dec 24, 2013

Apply again. A friend had the same problem. I advised him to apply again and he did. Within 24 hours, he was sent an email containing the link to the online assessment test.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigfrancis21: 1:46am On Dec 24, 2013
Hello Members,

I applied for the Shell graduate trainee job around early November. I was sent emails for the online assessment tests which I took and passed.

This morning, a shell staff member called me from US inviting me for a phone interview scheduled to hold next monday for approximately 1 hour. My interview confirmation email was sent immediately after.

@Sam, and others that went through the phone interview process, what was it like? What were the questions asked? I've done some research online but would love to hear from the horse's mouth straight.

Thank you very much.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by tobypills(m): 6:52am On Dec 24, 2013
bigfrancis21: Hello Members,

I applied for the Shell graduate trainee job around early November. I was sent emails for the online assessment tests which I took and passed.

This morning, a shell staff member called me from US inviting me for a phone interview scheduled to hold next monday for approximately 1 hour. My interview confirmation email was sent immediately after.
pls what course did u read in d university? do u have ur masters?
@Sam, and others that went through the phone interview process, what was it like? What were the questions asked? I've done some research online but would love to hear from the horse's mouth straight.

Thank you very much.

pls what course did u read in d university? do u HV ur masters already?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by samdson: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2013
bigfrancis21: Hello Members,

Thank you very much.
Congrats Francis. It's the right step in the right direction. Kindly send me a pm stating the position u applied for, so I can advice you accordingly. Cheers...
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by solomondavidson: 8:30am On Dec 24, 2013
Has d job opening closed till next year for shell day grad trainee?I saw something like its bn closed till february next year...I tot it. Was meant to last till 31st dec...oda countries job openings still remain;wats up wth nigeris O,,nsomeone pls help;av bn trying for hours now to get this thing done with
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by solomondavidson: 8:56am On Dec 24, 2013
I hope d site I saw where d advert Will be reopened by feb is not true O;shell has integrity,I hope it should hold till 31st

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (46) (Reply)

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police / N-Power Batch C1 & C2 - 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.