Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? (25897 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Please Do This Before Wearing Your Shoes (Must See Pic) / Ladies Do You Remember This Doll? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by oyin50(f): 4:58pm On May 14, 2013
bebe2: children of nowadays
wats the age of the average nairaland user??
grandma wats going on?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 14, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:58pm On May 14, 2013
Lol!
This is Simbi's school sandal.
I used it back in the days.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by nikkyshyne(f): 5:00pm On May 14, 2013
O yea. Ugly shoes though. Still see it around.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:00pm On May 14, 2013
That shoe is harder than a hard boot!
grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by tspun(m): 5:00pm On May 14, 2013
i no fit lie, i no remember the shoe at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by GooseBaba: 5:03pm On May 14, 2013
Chei..! This sandal was expensive.., I remember one of the numerous riot around ojota.., come see boys dey raid Bata and lennards..,,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 14, 2013
My Elder sixta wore dis shoe back den but me no try am oh!

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 14, 2013
Dose shoes na old shoes na...me wan sale dis new shoes if u re intrsd send me email 1st cm 1st serve...be blessed
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by JUO(m): 5:05pm On May 14, 2013
na rich man pikin dey wear am then. me no because i be kpako

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by abduldope(m): 5:06pm On May 14, 2013
lol dat shoe na die... Der ar still usin dem in Jewel model skuL here in kubwa...buh me no use dem bt i cruz KITO KITO cheesy
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by wills2: 5:07pm On May 14, 2013
those were shoes for butter children then, with clean white sucks,i use to love it when young girls wear it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by delors(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2013
Yep yep...brings back the memory of those good old nursery school days smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by yuzedo: 5:08pm On May 14, 2013
I HAVE NO SHOES WHEN AM SMALL angry undecided

May be dis mean am gonna be a pressindet in futore! wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by kenksD(f): 5:09pm On May 14, 2013
I remembered vividly wearing it till I finished my Primary school. I lost one of the pairs I used then during my primary 3 session and the following day, my parents got me another shoe that i wore to school, my class teacher beat me like anything that I lost my Cortina shoe( which they helped me to find anyway) and instead of looking for it, my parents got me another one. She said I'm spoilt then, but my parents were not happy with the beating saying that will they be watching me go barefooted to school because an "expensive" shoe got lost? The scene is still so fresh in my memory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by virtue20012000: 5:13pm On May 14, 2013
Yeah sure..........hated it.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 14, 2013
Wow..!

Still had the one I used in the storage room back at home. Such an everlasting shoe.

I used mine for more than 4 years since the shoe refuse to spoil and I had small legs..! Jealous when my simblings were being bought new one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by rottenegg: 5:13pm On May 14, 2013
For the first time on NL, I'm reading something that brings back sweet homely memories. Thanks OP. :DFor the first time on NL, I'm reading something that brings back sweet homely memories. Thanks OP.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by maingwaest(f): 5:14pm On May 14, 2013
Ahh those good old days. (in Pete Edochie voice)
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 14, 2013
We used to call it 'Back to school'.Bata Shop made enough profit grin
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Janiobi(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2013
Meeen, i wear dat shie go every were eay i go. That shoe surfer for my hand like mad cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by supereagle(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2013
It was BATA products then. The price used to be btw #100 to 120. Big money in the early 80's.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by upchair(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2013
Yes I do remember.very nostalgic for me. The memory has left me speechless. Who will not remember cortina shoes? most especially if you went to primary & secondary school in the 70s & early 80s in Nigeria. It was a must have in those days. If you did not have cortina shoes in those days, then you hadn't arrived. Lol
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 14, 2013
yep! and i got for my girl from their showroom in ojota. i love those shoes die
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 14, 2013
The one in the pic looks like those recently given to primary school students by surulere LG chairman.

Good but totally incomparable to the real mcCoys with unique rubber soles.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Policewoman(f): 5:17pm On May 14, 2013
OH HOW I MISS THOSE DAYS. THAT CORTINA SHOE NA "NEVER SAY DIE" grin grin grin
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by troublemaker: 5:18pm On May 14, 2013
yaaay I remember when my dad took us to the shop, n we tried it on n it was packaged in a box, it was my best present den, smiley
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by javipee: 5:19pm On May 14, 2013
This shoe dey murder my ankles that time sha and man dey endure am. grin grin grin
Bata Bata Cortina....Bata
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 14, 2013
GooseBaba: Chei..! This sandal was expensive.., I remember one of the numerous riot around ojota.., come see boys dey raid Bata and lennards..,,

Not that expensive in the long run. A kid can use it for everlasting. When you compared the cost of numerous inferior shoes that one will probably use in same time span with Cortina shoes, it is well worth the initial cost.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 14, 2013
however, this shoe used to hurt my feet undecided cry
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by sync(f): 5:28pm On May 14, 2013
whiteeyes: Hahahaaha, cortina! Those were for priveledged children. They were the best theN.
YEA MY PARENTS COULD NOT AFFORD A PAIR FOR ME THEN
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by plainmirror(m): 5:29pm On May 14, 2013
LesbianBoy: Like this comment if you wore 'kito' sandals back in the days!

Btw ® Ʊ a lesbian?
*ajuju*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brother's Wife Has Never Said Sorry To Him Since They Got Married / What Are The Things People Without Home Training Do In Another Person's House ?? / Woman Tells Husband To Pay Before Breastfeeding Their Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.