Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,487 members, 7,801,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? (25887 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Please Do This Before Wearing Your Shoes (Must See Pic) / Ladies Do You Remember This Doll? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 14, 2013
tspun: i no fit lie, i no remember the shoe at all.

Maybe that is because you belong to the 'indomie' generation.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by nerodenero: 5:31pm On May 14, 2013
I always feel I was the most well dressed pupil wearing my cortina shoe in primary school days.What a funny mentality!
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 14, 2013
it was even compulsory in my school. You pay for it at school..and school gives it to u. Lennard was their supplier
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by OCcool: 5:33pm On May 14, 2013
candygosh:

Computer socks
u re so on point.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Blackygal: 5:34pm On May 14, 2013
oh my God.that d shoe that simbi worn in simbi goes to shool.hmmm but now simbi is a graduate
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by ibkgab001: 5:36pm On May 14, 2013
Cortina...Perfecta...Kito...Nato.. Cross treakers...Base shoe ... Tima .. Hazzan...TJTJ...Jordan...Timberland
That's all #my shoes history grin
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by OCcool: 5:38pm On May 14, 2013
bebe2: children of nowadays
wats the age of the average nairaland user??
Oldmama, wetin u dey find 4 here na?

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by chiwezz: 5:40pm On May 14, 2013
Dis one na 4 people wey dey chop fried rice na embarassed Abi person wey neva chop belle full dey tell people "come chop"?
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by NaijaNaWaa: 5:41pm On May 14, 2013
The slogan on the bill board in those days went like:

CORTINA...the ideal school shoes
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by kumari089(m): 5:48pm On May 14, 2013
Yes remember d cortinas shoes way back then, they were 4 d privildge/middle class.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by igemi(f): 5:51pm On May 14, 2013
Yea oo
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 14, 2013
I nor use am!___Na KITO sandals I use
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by aforebby: 6:01pm On May 14, 2013
it was called Ronke go to school...ganna d dayz..lol
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 14, 2013
ashson: Back in da Days...
hell yeah! Thanks for reminding me of this shoe. I used to see it as so beautiful then and even till now. Only thing is that it would have been perfect for the picture to be shown on thursday #throwbackthursday cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by kiyosaki1(m): 6:07pm On May 14, 2013
Those were da daiz when men were boiz
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by IgweOO(m): 6:12pm On May 14, 2013
hahaha....me i wear that thing o, for nursery school o..
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by ajanaku2(m): 6:14pm On May 14, 2013
tspun: i no fit lie, i no remember the shoe at all.

Then you didn't attend Pampers Private School and the likes...

May be na Community Primary School you go!

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Chillypelly(m): 6:17pm On May 14, 2013
The beautiful days of my childhood @Fatima Private School, Jos is ignited at the mention of bata shoes sadly, its no more.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by haitto99(m): 6:18pm On May 14, 2013
hmmm,d gud old days iI wore cortina and kito,i think kito is the old form of the timberland,nike and teva sandals we have these days
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by floggins: 6:38pm On May 14, 2013
its called upanka sandals lol
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 14, 2013
Didn't go to a school that used them. My cousins had them though and we called it 'container'. If asked 10 mins ago, I would have still called it 'container'.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 14, 2013
Yeah I wore this.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by delors(m): 6:57pm On May 14, 2013
Chei! So na like this dem dey spell the shoe self, 'Cortina'! Chei! That teacher for primary school don teach me nonsense! Or is this 'cortina shoe' the same as 'container shoes' before I talk self? shocked shocked
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Princessaleeza: 7:05pm On May 14, 2013
Yes in 1984 then,I use it true out my Primary school then.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by mandy4s: 7:06pm On May 14, 2013
ashson: Back in da Days...
i need a pair ASAP!! anyone??
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by malipalina: 7:07pm On May 14, 2013
yab, back to school. that was d name
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Princessaleeza: 7:09pm On May 14, 2013
We use 2 buy it in Bata then
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Orikinla(m): 7:10pm On May 14, 2013
Yes.
They were popular must have school shoes for school children in the 1970s and 80s.
My parents did not fail to buy them.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by aniiii(f): 7:22pm On May 14, 2013
no embarassed
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by chatterly: 7:25pm On May 14, 2013
Singing
Cortina shoes are bata shoes
We all love cortina
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 14, 2013
YEAHH!!!!

I rocked dem kicks like it was nobody's business grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by ayobase(m): 7:58pm On May 14, 2013
Hmmm!
So, its been "Cortina" all those days when I called it "Container"

I would have gone home disappointed from WWTBAM!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? / Uncle In-law Is Becoming Unbearable / What Are The Things People Without Home Training Do In Another Person's House ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.