Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,780 members, 7,806,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 (8030 Views)

Prof. Jega's Epic Response To Orubebe / Olisa Metuh Reacts To Orubebe’s Anti-Jega Outburst At Collation Center / Delta PDP Elders Drag Clark To EFCC Over Failed Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by fkaz(m): 7:05am On May 08, 2013
BY Emma Amaize, Regional Editor, S-South & Akpokona Omafuaire
WARRI—South-South leader, Chief Edwin Clark, Tuesday, lashed out at Minister of Niger Delta, Elder Godsday Orubebe, accusing him of disobeying and embarrassing President Goodluck Jonathan with his bloated ambition to take over from Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State in 2015.
Chief Clark was peeved that the minister, whose nomination he fought for against all odds, had forgotten so soon, adding that even if Ijaws in Delta State were asked to produce a gubernatorial candidate, “It will not be Mr. Orubebe and he is fully aware of that.”
Delta Speaker
He also spoke on the Speaker of Delta State House of Assembly, Mr. Victor Ochei, who is eyeing the governorship seat in 2015, saying: “I wish to advise Orubebe and Ochei to give peace a chance and not use their positions to intimidate and cause confusion among the people.”
The elder statesman, who returned from the United Kingdom, recently, was, however, more particular about Orubebe, saying that his attention was drawn to comments made by the minister that he was going to contest the 2015 gubernatorial elections in the state because it was the turn of Ijaw ethnic nationality to do so.
Noting that President Jonathan had categorically directed that“none of his ministers and government functionaries should engage in politics as to declaring their intentions or supporting anyone for elective position, including Senatorial, House of Representatives or gubernatorial,” he said he was taken aback when he received text messages on Orubebe’s declaration.
He said: “Mr. Orubebe cannot claim ignorance of Mr. President’s directive. His flagrant disobedience is no doubt an embarrassment to Mr. President, to the leaders of the party and the party faithful, particularly to me who everybody believes contributed greatly to his becoming a Minister having regard to the opposition from the former governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibor and his supporters against me.
“However, I did not believe that Mr. Orubebe made such declaration until my return to Warri on May 2, 2013. I was not only besieged by party members on the alleged statement by Mr. Orubebe at Ovu town, when he paid a condolence visit to the family of late Alam Barovbe. Three members, who were present testified to the fact that Mr. Orubebe made such statement in Ovu. This was also confirmed by a prominent party leader in Delta state, Chief Bernard Edewor, who said he replied to the speech made by Mr. Orubebe.
“Our opponents and detractors are definitely cashing in on Orubebe’s careless and irresponsible statement and are now using it to insult Mr. President, the Ijaws and even myself, that the President and I, are definitely behind him. I had tried to disabuse the minds of people and denied that neither Mr. President nor I was aware of Mr. Orubebe’s statement. The calls to my telephone have not stopped, hence my decision toaddress the people of Delta State.
“Perhaps, Mr. Orubebe has also forgotten how I accompanied him to the State House in Abuja after his confirmation at the Senate as a minister and to be sworn-in as Minister with three other colleagues of his. And the embarrassment caused to me when the former Secretary to the Federal Government, Ambassador Babagana Kingibe came to inform me that Mr. President had decided not to swear in Mr. Orubebe.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/clark-to-orubebe-you-cant-be-governor-of-delta-state-come-2015/

1 Like

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by windows8: 7:22am On May 08, 2013
If only top politicians in anioma can put self interest and greed aside, the governor will surely be produced from there, it has gone to both delta south and central, now is the time Fø̲̣̣я̅ delta north.

2 Likes

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by Nobody: 7:58am On May 08, 2013
The criminal gang holding deltans to ransome and cashing heavily on the collective patrimony of the people.
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by Omen100(m): 8:23am On May 08, 2013
SPACE FULLY BOOKED, SO INTRUDERS SHOULD KEEP OFF. angry angry angry
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by SimpleJetty(f): 8:41am On May 08, 2013
windows8: If only top politicians in anioma can put self interest and greed aside, the governor will surely be produced from there, it has gone to both delta south and central, now is the time Fø̲̣̣я̅ delta north.
The issue with Delta North producing the next Governor has got nothing to do with this. All we need in Delta is genuine leadership qualities that can bring meaningful development to the people. I am from Ika North East LGA which falls under Delta North and truth be told, I'm yet to see any purposeful leader among this present breeds of greedy politicians from Delta North. So truth be told, regional politics won't help us in Delta.

4 Likes

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by kambah(m): 9:13am On May 08, 2013
windows8: If only top politicians in anioma can put self interest and greed aside, the governor will surely be produced from there, it has gone to both delta south and central, now is the time Fø̲̣̣я̅ delta north.

These Niger-Delta are power mongerry, I don'twant to
Sound bias but niger deltans are becoming a threat to
Nigeria, power, power, haba

1 Like

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by enyice(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2013
I was made to believe zoning is still operational in delta state and am wondering why the ijaws will all of a sudden renegade from the geographical zoning they had to tribal/ethnic zoning...

Could it be for the fact that the oga at the top is an ijaw man, then they'v seen the greatest opportunity to grab all they can to the detriment of an existing agreement?.

SMH!
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by yalwaysme1: 9:19am On May 08, 2013
Anioma all the way 2015

2 Likes

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by HAH: 9:21am On May 08, 2013
Mr Clark say your interest, the last time I checked every citizen without criminal record is eligible to contest.

Am not supporting orubebe but this Clark should just shut up and quit politics, your mate are resting peacefully in their graves or wheelchair you are still playing agbero politics and marrying wives at 85.

Lest I forget, are Delta igbos not eligible for Governoship of the state ?

2 Likes

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by fitzmayowa: 9:27am On May 08, 2013
What is the assurance that clark would still be around then Where is adedibu and saraki today this politicians just talk as if they own their lives...SMH

1 Like

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by duality(m): 9:41am On May 08, 2013
The chief has spoken well. However, we all know that any body can aspire to be gov of delta state. We can recall the number of aspirants we had in 2007. But seriously, I think delta north should have a shot at the position of governor. Any one who thinks there are no credible persons from that region is being unfortunately delusional.

The emergence and success of a delta north governor will be the litmus test to show the unity of the state and the catalyst for rapid development of that state. Delta north has always given 100% support to others.I think it is time to reciprocate.
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by thirty(m): 9:49am On May 08, 2013
SimpleJetty:
The issue with Delta North producing the next Governor has got nothing to do with this. All we need in Delta is genuine leadership qualities that can bring meaningful development to the people. I am from Ika North East LGA which falls under Delta North and truth be told, I'm yet to see any purposeful leader among this present breeds of greedy politicians from Delta North. So truth be told, regional politics won't help us in Delta.
You may be a blind man if you can't point to a credible candidate from delta north. You want ibori-uduaghan-urhobho descedant to rule you for life? If you can't see, train yourself and contest for governor. Finish.

2 Likes

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by windows8: 9:53am On May 08, 2013
SimpleJetty:
bro, d same tin is in ika south and some major local govt too, we just don't have good leaders down here and dats the major setback. If zoning is still been adhere to, den its time Fø̲̣̣я̅ delta north. Okowa and ochei may make tins work well
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by thirty(m): 9:56am On May 08, 2013
enyice: I was made to believe zoning is still operational in delta state and am wondering why the ijaws will all of a sudden renegade from the geographical zoning they had to tribal/ethnic zoning...

Could it be for the fact that the oga at the top is an ijaw man, then they'v seen the greatest opportunity to grab all they can to the detriment of an existing agreement?.
SMH!
zoning? If u know about delta state since creation. As any tribe emerge as gov in delta aside the urhobhos? Or is there no other tribe in delta state?
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by thirty(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2013
windows8: bro, d same tin is in ika south and some major local govt too, we just don't have good leaders down here and dats the major setback. If zoning is still been adhere to, den its time Fø̲̣̣я̅ delta north. Okowa and ochei may make tins work well
i support ifeanyi okowa for gov.
But where is okocha, the business man
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 10:16am On May 08, 2013
SimpleJetty:
So, i guess Ibori and Uduaghan are purposeful leaders. It's only when it's the turn of Ndi Anioma that we start talking of how credible they are. It will be a shame if the Ijaws produce a governor before Delta Igbos. What's the population of Ijaws in that state. Make Anioma people dey there dey mumu.
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 10:18am On May 08, 2013
thirty:
zoning? If u know about delta state since creation. As any tribe emerge as gov in delta aside the urhobhos? Or is there no other tribe in delta state?
Uduaghan is Itsekiri.
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by Evestar200(f): 10:24am On May 08, 2013
Urhobo governor all d way,,we hv tired of itsekiri rulling delta
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by Evestar200(f): 10:26am On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Uduaghan is Itsekiri.
nor mind am leave am make he dy talk wetin he nor knw
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 10:32am On May 08, 2013
Evestar200: Urhobo governor all d way,,we hv tired of itsekiri rulling delta
Is Ibori not Urhobo? Why are some people so selfish.
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by Nobody: 10:41am On May 08, 2013
All i want is good leadership in Delta State.Let it be kwale,ika,aniocha whoever that can bring back the joy of d people is welcome.
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by sylve11: 10:53am On May 08, 2013
thirty:
You may be a blind man if you can't point to a credible candidate from delta north. You want ibori-uduaghan-urhobho descedant to rule you for life? If you can't see, train yourself and contest for governor. Finish.

It's not about Urhobo or Isoko or Itsekiri or anioma thing, credibility is what matters. cool

1 Like

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by dulphines: 10:54am On May 08, 2013
Please let me make a wish! It's only a wish o, so don't throw stones at me.

I wish Fashola can come to govern Delta state for just two years. Just a wish oh!
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by iwanchop(m): 10:56am On May 08, 2013
Should contesting for an election be about ' it's our turn'? Shouldn't this it-is-our-turn stupidity be put into the dust pan? How on earth will anyone say he wants to contest an election because it's their turn?Turn to do what?Turn to loot public funds ?

1 Like

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by arabbaddo12: 11:00am On May 08, 2013
the Elders have spoken....lol 2015 no far again na
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by kinharold(m): 11:15am On May 08, 2013
If only top politicians in anioma can put self interest and greed aside, the governor will surely be produced from there, it has gone to both delta south and central, now is the time Fø̲̣̣я̅ delta north.

And everyone of them knows it. Both the ruling party, the opposition and all the "Oga a the top".
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by nfowomola2: 11:17am On May 08, 2013
Y are u going against him if he knows he can stand out for the post....Y no let's him go for it.Perhaps,it's his constituency that the gubernatorial candidate will come from y don't u let them decide?
.Abi the seat is your papa's seat or Jona's president papa's seat.....
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by Evestar200(f): 11:25am On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is Ibori not Urhobo? Why are some people so selfish.
and so? Did they tell u dat d Urhobo are proud of him even he is d best governor delta state has eva produce,,the urhobos are nt proud of him dats why d urhobo neva want him 4 a second tenure nd he nd his oga at d top declare himself a winner when everyone knw dat dey vote 4 ogboru,,dats why d urhobos bring him out when they were looking 4 him,,urhobo doesnt need corruption nd dats what dey will do 2 dat istekiri idiots called uduaghan,,he must surely go to jail,,

1 Like

Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by slimming: 11:34am On May 08, 2013
Politicians should allow Nigeria to be and stop their money politics
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by phestade(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2013
I see Victor Ochei or Ifeanyi Okowa as the next governor of Delta State, it's high time the Aniomas(Oshimili,Aniocha,Ika & Udokwa) unites together and produce the next governor.
Though not bad if credible leader emerges from other ethnic group. But in my opinion, Delta north should be given chance.
Re: Clark To Orubebe: You Cant Be Governor Of Delta In 2015 by Myself2(m): 12:15pm On May 08, 2013
Orubebe is a not good,Ochei is a crook,who has been hand in gloves with Uduaghan in his looting spree,Ogboru is too arrogant and doesn't care about the opinion of a certain part of the state,Keyamo is a joker,he would be worse than Ibori,that leaves us with Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa,though this one still get im own for body,he still is the only one that commands state-wide appeal and followership,so except you're looking for a saint,Okowa is the most suited for now.
However I'll be so glad to see men of high integrity,fear of God and love for the people,come out and declare their intention as non of the above(including Okowa)has these qualities

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Get Caught Up In Inter-tribal E-fights By WORLDPEACE / Court Restrains Orbih, Otsu, Ihama, Others From Participating In PDP Convention / Delta State Has Never Failed Me Since 1999 – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.