Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra (13157 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Donchyke39(m): 7:27am On May 08, 2013
May 8, 2013 | 12:55 am
News

By ENYIM ENYIM

ONITSHA — Former governor of Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige, yesterday, declared his intention to run for the 2014 governorship election in the state.

Senator Ngige made the declaration in Awka on the occasion of Rainbow Coalition stakeholders’ meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members, All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP), and Democratic People’s Party (DPP).

Speaking on the occasion, convener of the meeting and coordinator of Rainbow Coalition, Chief Ben Oranusi, explained that after due investigations and understanding of the personalities aspiring for the 2014 gubernatorial election, they found that Ngige was the person good enough and better experienced to take up the task of piloting the affairs of Anambra State.

Oranusi said:  “We are urging him to come and contest this election and continue from where he stopped. We have been holding this meeting for months now and now is the time to call him up and say ‘go for us and become our governor again.’”
Source:
Former lawmaker in the House of representatives for Anambra East and West Federal Constituency Chief Ralph Okeke, later moved a motion for Senator Ngige to contest 2014 gubernatorial election.

The motion was seconded by Ezike Nwosu, an APGA member from Ezinifite Aguata in Anambra South and supported by Chidi Abasilim of Idemili South and Paul Obianaso who do not belong to any political party.

Speaking on the occasion, Ngige said:  “While I was there as governor, I worked with about N80 billion as total budget and executed about N69 billion and if we go by this data and figure, you will discover that the four budget which I prosecuted I had about N150 billion, including the Internally Generated Revenue.

“Yet we delivered services and built roads and lifted the embargo on employments and promotion which the then governor placed while in office.

“But when you compare my administration with that of the incumbent, Governor Peter Obi, you will see the difference.

“He had received N1.2 trillion in total as allocation from Federal Account and about N800 billion as local government allocation which makes it up to roughly N2 trillion in the last seven years, yet we have nothing to show for it.

“I wish to ask, what do we have in Anambra State in terms of infrastructure to show for the N2 trillion received by the governor?

“Even if you allow for inflation by doubling the N150 billion to N300 billion, does the situation in Anambra State justify the huge resources that has come into the state since then?”
source : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/ngige-declares-governorship-ambition-in-anambra/

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Tolexander: 7:36am On May 08, 2013
That is nice!

This is the time to exhibit the gubernatorial properties he possesses since there isn't any Chris Uba godfatherism to financially help him out.

But am afraid of the APC party's popularity in the state that will flag him. Though he won the senatorial election, that may not guarantee his acceptance if extended to the whole state!

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Nobody: 8:48am On May 08, 2013
cheesy let's go there- Ngige for Anambra 2014 under APC cool

Tested and trusted

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by wellmax(m): 9:03am On May 08, 2013
Good let the game begin. i will like to see this guy as the governor of my dear Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Esss(m): 9:05am On May 08, 2013
***Grabs Popcorn***

Cant wait for Chukwuma Soludo and Dora Akunyili to step into this scene and shake this shiit up!

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by venorite(m): 9:06am On May 08, 2013
Ngige for 2014
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Akinolore(m): 9:07am On May 08, 2013
Ok, hope there will be fresh air in Anambra, it all every incumbent governors are refers to as non performer by opponent political aspirant
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Ndyoo(m): 9:10am On May 08, 2013
This Man,are you the only Anambrarian with a standing rod. Backdoor Governorship for three years,Senate for 4years without raising any motion or stirring a debate now you are back to do what? It takes a good electorate to know this man is just power hungry otherwise he would have leave the senate for Dora yet he choose to prove himself the only right candidate in the midst of over 2 million people and I refuse to accept that.

13 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Eroms4life17(m): 9:11am On May 08, 2013
Compared 2 Akunyili nd Soludo, Ngige is d man to beat in d nxt election. APC RULES.
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Nobody: 9:11am On May 08, 2013
Ngige's declaration is dead on arrival. We want Soludo.

By the way, what has Ngige achieved since being in the senate? How many motions or bills has he sponsored? I dont know of any. Where is his constituency projects? It appears all he does in the senate is shout "aye" and "nay"

16 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by fitzmayowa: 9:12am On May 08, 2013
*following* waiting for the bashing to start

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by instaforexngr(m): 9:14am On May 08, 2013
why not finish your senatorial term first

1 Like

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by CharlesA1(m): 9:14am On May 08, 2013
cheesy ngige is the best candidate for governorship,tested and trusted if only anambarians can give this man the needed support to win the elections,and if he does win,definitely anambra will have a massive change in terms of developement.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by alexchiny: 9:15am On May 08, 2013
Under APC? Dead on Arrival. Mark my words

1 Like

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by chiboy11(m): 9:16am On May 08, 2013
Me love Ngege, dats my able Governor n d only person dat can help reform my state but d problem here s dat I hate APC wit my life goshhhhhhhhhhh

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Nobody: 9:16am On May 08, 2013
Na GOD go punish these Old Men wen nor want make the younger generation smell power.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 9:16am On May 08, 2013
Interesting
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by MrGlobe(m): 9:16am On May 08, 2013
Donchyke39:

[size=16pt]“I wish to ask, what do we have in Anambra State in terms of infrastructure to show for the N2 trillion received by the governor?

“Even if you allow for inflation by doubling the N150 billion to N300 billion, does the situation in Anambra State justify the huge resources that has come into the state since then?”
[/size]
This is my problem with Peter Obi. Peter Obi is a Thick fraud!

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by BrokenTV: 9:18am On May 08, 2013
It is better for him to run under the platform of apga or pdp, if he runs under ACN or APC he will lose i personally won't vote for him under APC. On him making remark that Governor Obi is not performing is what i called joke.

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:18am On May 08, 2013
Mrs Akunyili & Mr Soludo are waiting for you, Ngige.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by MrUzo: 9:19am On May 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ngige's declaration is dead on arrival. We want Soludo.

By the way, what has Ngige achieved since being in the senate? How many motions or bills has he sponsored? I dont know of any. Where is his constituency projects? It appears all he does in the senate is shout "aye" and "nay"

Mr beaf = insincere9gerian - explain this

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by dayokanu(m): 9:20am On May 08, 2013
Ngige and APC coming to save Anambra from APGA PDP caucus

Anambra o ni baje oo

5 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by jimino(m): 9:20am On May 08, 2013
Ngige again? Hmmmmmmm
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Nobody: 9:21am On May 08, 2013
[b]I WILL ALWAYS VOTE
NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!!
*panting* Ngige ooooooooooooo *faints* hahahahahahahaha...... Lols.[/b]

14 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by BrokenTV: 9:25am On May 08, 2013
Eroms4life17: Compared 2 Akunyili nd Soludo, Ngige is d man to beat in d nxt election. APC RULES.
APC must fail in anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Pedagogue: 9:28am On May 08, 2013
exxell: [b]I WILL ALWAYS VOTE
NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!! NGIGE! NGIGE!! NGIGE!!!
*panting* Ngige ooooooooooooo *faints* hahahahahahahaha...... Lols.[/b]

LIKE this post if u think this poster needs a job!!! grin

@ Op,it is my firm wish that Ngige will win - to at least bolster the strength of APC in d East.

With 2 governors, APC will give PDP a good chase in d East

11 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Scarpon(m): 9:29am On May 08, 2013
NGIGE!! is this bad guy still alive?
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by alexchiny: 9:33am On May 08, 2013
He can only win under APC in Anambra if Peter Obi (his nemesis) dies this year. Because Over his dead body would Obi allow Ngige and APC to win Anambra state. Ngige is welcome to try though, lol.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Chinom(m): 9:36am On May 08, 2013
Esss: ***Grabs Popcorn***

Cant wait for Chukwuma Soludo and Dora Akunyili to step into this scene and shake this shiit up!

Not to forget Ifeanyi Uba. What a circus. Ifeanyi Uba is a cown
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Costa2000(m): 9:36am On May 08, 2013
Esss: ***Grabs Popcorn***

Gbam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Abuja Peace Conference 2015 / I’m Ready For PDP Forces – Aregbesola / Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.