Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? (29693 Views)

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland / Nairaland Rules And Regulations / Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by rozayx5(m): 11:19am On May 08, 2013
Seun is reading too
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Mintayo(m): 11:20am On May 08, 2013
naptu2: Reasons for rule 17

Please let the same thing be done to the christain forum...

"Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to christains especially in the christain forum.''

this is not okay-have you been to the christain forum and c what 'pple' post there too?

So ppl can post offensive things in the christain forum? I SEE.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 11:20am On May 08, 2013
dammytosh: "17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section."

I agree with all the rules except rule 17.

All religions should and must be respected. No religion has monopoly of violence.

We have screamed and screamed and nothing was done about it.

Meanwhile, having the rules before posting is just crude. Very very crude. I fear an alternative forum with freedom of expression irrrespective of the religion will soon spring up and people will abandon Nairaland.

The bias for Muslims is annoying. This is a public forum not a Muslim forum.

Let the rule be RESPECT for all RELIGION and FAITH. Not Muslim/Islam alone.

May your days be long

The atheists say all manner of condescending words to our God but when allah is mentioned in the insults, it becomes a crime!!

So the christain God is meant to be insulted?.

So some religions are now superior to others?

And we wonder why this hellhole of a country is still churning out terrorists. Smh
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by bibina: 11:20am On May 08, 2013
eyenCalabar: I think Seun should apology to us. He sounds insulting. There are ways one can actually commands you to do somethigng and you'll hearken with smiles and definitely NOT the way he's just imposing his own commands on us. Am dissapointed.

I thought they said proper use of english is compulsory! EYENCALABAR please use vernacular if the queen's english is a challenge!! mbok tang iko ibibio, iya ikop!!

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 11:20am On May 08, 2013
only 21 makes sense to me o. Now i want to ask how single mothers cope, and there's a thread to that effect already, but i still feel its peculiar, so i shouldnt create my own abi? and please, is it all those your 2003/1999 threads whose ops are now dinosaurs that you want me to be following now?

abegi.

if you like, ban me. administrator ko, generator ni. cheesy

just kidding o. dont ban me o. my life depends on NL o. tongue

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Dyt(f): 11:20am On May 08, 2013
[size=38pt] Mimics seun
Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen
Blabs
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
u can always v it to ursef
[/size]
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Tolexander: 11:20am On May 08, 2013
17. Don't post anything that
could be considered
offensive to Islam, especially
in the muslim section.
what about things that are offensive to christianity and traditional religions?

The rule tends to be bias there!

19. Don't create a new account
when banned for breaking a
rule. If you do, make sure we
don't find out.

21. Always post in proper
English. The use of correct
spelling, grammar and
punctuation is compulsory.
i think the administrator has to spare musiwa of these above!
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by ZN2: 11:21am On May 08, 2013
Finally, there's the thread I was searching for!

These rules should be on the registration page not above the reply box.

It f*cking messes with my concentration and I hate to see it over and over again anytime I hit "Reply". angry angry

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Phlegmatic12(f): 11:21am On May 08, 2013
seun or wot r u called,i fink dis rules r ment 2 b obeyed by u,rule 17 vex me d most
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Tintinix: 11:21am On May 08, 2013
Ha! For a lot of people this will mean....Don't post anything at all, just be viewing....!

You mean no insults to GEJ or Yoruba do this and Hausas do that and Igbos cant do that...

Not surprised at no 17... I laugh in Otueke oh!

Christains don really hear am!
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 11:21am On May 08, 2013
seun don visit ASO ROCK!!!!!!! Hope nobody threatened u there. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by headtoto: 11:23am On May 08, 2013
eyenCalabar: I think Seun should apology to us. He sounds insulting. There are ways one can actually commands you to do somethigng and you'll hearken with smiles and definitely NOT the way he's just imposing his own commands on us. Am dissapointed.

Na you get the site?
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by toluxa1(m): 11:24am On May 08, 2013
17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.

Seriously? SO they can post anything offensive to Christianity and we can't do same? I am not advocating for anyone being offensive to anyone, but I expected your number 18 to read:
"18. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Christianity,........@"

This is really strange coming from Seun. So we are the scape goats who can take any crap, they are the sensitive ones. Funny.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by naptu2: 11:24am On May 08, 2013
mollytinrox: only 21 makes sense to me o. Now i want to ask how single mothers cope, and there's a thread to that effect already, but i still feel its peculiar, so i shouldnt create my own abi? and please, is it all those your 2003/1999 threads whose ops are now dinosaurs that you want me to be following now?

abegi.

if you like, ban me. administrator ko, generator ni. cheesy

just kidding o. dont ban me o. my life depends on NL o. tongue

Yes, this is my only complaint about this edition of the rules and regulations. It is not as explanatory as previous ones. In the previous post, it was made clear that you could create a new thread if the previous one was over a year old. This current version of the rules doesn't say anything about that.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by adeshina86: 11:24am On May 08, 2013
nice rules, matured 1......
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Fadelex(m): 11:25am On May 08, 2013
*clears throat*..... plz typeset all these rules and spiral bind them, distribute it to all secondary skls in d country... The essential of forum is to allow member to express themselves, even people uses foul and insultive word in some well-known forum around d world... Simply tell d moderator to work hard instead of giving us a constitution that will not work.... D@zall
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 11:25am On May 08, 2013
OK_2_NV: [size=100pt]LARGE FONTS[/size]
You have been banned till 08-05-2017 for contravening Nairaland rules.

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by daylae(m): 11:25am On May 08, 2013
There should be a time to take a break from those rules. Where the only rule would be that there are no rules.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by adora4u1: 11:26am On May 08, 2013
I don't like Rule 17 o! What is good good for Aki, is good for Paw-Paw!
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 08, 2013
wtf? Does Seun expect someone to read all the rules before posting?

If one sincerely followed the rules to every letter, then I doubt this forum would even have up to 750K members let alone over 1 million members. Bending these ridiculous rules is part of what makes the forum.

Rules 15, 17, 19 and 21 in particular are ridiculous. It makes me wonder how old Seun thinks we are. Basically, our freedom of speech and expression has just been denied.

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by headtoto: 11:26am On May 08, 2013
Rule No x. - Post anything that is offensive to Christianity.

Rule No y. - Call the President names like Retardeen, Odechuckwu, etc etc
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 08, 2013
Tintinix: Ha! For a lot of people this will mean....Don't post anything at all, just be viewing....!

You mean no insults to GEJ or Yoruba do this and Hausas do that and Igbos cant do that...

Not surprised at no 17... I laugh in Otueke oh!

Christains don really hear am!

abi o? undecided
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by xykms101: 11:27am On May 08, 2013
Seun and his useless moderators must be high on mat stick for rules no 17,19,20 and 21 especially rule No 17. Seun must be bokoharam member for trying to put islam over all other religions.

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by niki6(f): 11:27am On May 08, 2013
Dear Seun, it is an insult to christians and christianity as a whole that you make a rule concerning Islam and forget that of christians. Muslims and atheist make disparaging remarks every minute yet you do not make a rule towards THAT! A lot of your rules are funny but i only comment on the one that concerns me. Please, change that islam to religion period. Thank you.
P.S - I wrote in correct english.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 11:27am On May 08, 2013
woodcook: I only have issues with rule number 17.

17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam any religion !

In essence are you saying, that people are free to post materials/things that are offensive against every other religion as long as it is not against Islam? Guy or girl please you guys should re-word rule number 17 to cover all other religious/non-religious group. I believe everyone is entitled to his/her believe/faith as long as he/she causes to harm to the society.

I would appreciate if this is done as soon as possible. Thanks.

Much better smiley
Abi is Nairaland guided by Sharia Laws?
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by eiete(f): 11:28am On May 08, 2013
17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.

I think Seun should modify that part of the rules and regulation. If he is going to make a rule about insulting other peoples faith, he should include other religions and he shouldn't limit it to the Muslims only. Or is he waiting for the christians and people other faiths to go on a rampage before he includes them as-well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Top 10 Romancelanders With The Wittiest Comments / 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 / Things Guys Do Or Discuss When They Gather Together.