Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Scammers On Google Trader - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Scammers On Google Trader (1513 Views)

***SCAM ALERT***Dont Buy Stuffs From Google Trader Ng / Google Trader / Watch How U(nairaland) Loose To Google Trader! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammers On Google Trader by tony4244(m): 11:18am On May 08, 2013
I am writing this from a friends experience to warm people about buying phones and electronics on google trader or tradestable. There are a lot of scammers claiming to sell phones. They wil tel you to pay a deposit and the phone will be delivered to you then you pay the balance when it is delivered. It is a scam! My friend paid N10,000 to one Mr Pedro Adeola on googletrader for a phone. The fake DHL delivery man asked him to pay N12,000 for insurance. Till today my friend has not seen his phone. He calls the numbers and they are not picking his calls. Dont buy things online except through confirmed websites like jumia etc. When you see a new phone on google trader or tradestable that the seller is selling at a very low price, it is a scam. Be warned!
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by ijeebest: 11:33am On May 08, 2013
Confirmed talk.. be wise my people . same thing happened to my colleague. infact i am going to paste their mobiles and their names here.
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by ijeebest: 11:34am On May 08, 2013
Confirmed talk.. be wise my people . same thing happened to my colleague. infact i am going to paste their mobiles and their names here.
moderator, please take this to the front page. people needs to be forewarned
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by ceejay80s(m): 12:00pm On May 08, 2013
Na criminals full there, dont waste ur time,they wont listen to u. Many get ear but cant hear, dem go stil send money 1st
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by tony4244(m): 1:57pm On May 08, 2013
THE SCAMMERS ACCOUNT DETAILS ARE: COLLINS JOHN, ACCESS BANK, 0055541505. HIS FAKE NAME IS MR PEDRO ADEMOLA
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 08, 2013
Why should you people allow yourselves to be scammed?

1 Like

Re: Scammers On Google Trader by Alonu(m): 4:05pm On May 08, 2013
Can't they be tracked using theri bank accounts?
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by ijeebest: 12:16pm On May 10, 2013
see one of them here and his phone numbers... Uyi obaseki 08144845471 08140862041

people working in Telecoms firms can assist to reveal thier real identity

please mark this mobile and run away from it anytime u see it. infact, in no circumstance should you pay for any good you dont see. be wise my people. Moderator, please move this to frontpage.

People needs to be informed about this
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by ijeebest: 12:18pm On May 10, 2013
tony4244: THE SCAMMERS ACCOUNT DETAILS ARE: COLLINS JOHN, ACCESS BANK, 0055541505. HIS FAKE NAME IS MR PEDRO ADEMOLA

that collins john is currently being watched. his own is finished
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by ijeebest: 12:42pm On May 10, 2013
genesis limited @google trader using an innocent man's image

the mobile number: 08104181512

He is already mapped. Goodluck to him
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by cokegee: 1:10pm On May 10, 2013
it is true oooooo
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by Malawian(m): 2:47pm On May 10, 2013
i wanted to buy stuff, i called the numbers, one told me they are based in ph, another at seme border, one at badagry etc. they never knew they were on a long thing when they told me to deposite 5k advance.

for this small-small naija ?
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by gilgal7(f): 3:59pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by bigdot1759(m): 4:20pm On May 10, 2013
tony4244: I am writing this from a friends experience to warm people about buying phones and electronics on google trader or tradestable. There are a lot of scammers claiming to sell phones. They wil tel you to pay a deposit and the phone will be delivered to you then you pay the balance when it is delivered. It is a scam! My friend paid N10,000 to one Mr Pedro Adeola on googletrader for a phone. The fake DHL delivery man asked him to pay N12,000 for insurance. Till today my friend has not seen his phone. He calls the numbers and they are not picking his calls. Dont buy things online except through confirmed websites like jumia etc. When you see a new phone on google trader or tradestable that the seller is selling at a very low price, it is a scam. Be warned!
you don't need to write any site off, cuz dat so call yr friend too isn't serious as well, cuz i don't see any reason why he/she should pay for what he/she 've not see, so every1 sbould try & transact one - on - one
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by Proffdada: 5:26pm On May 10, 2013
Tradestable still maintain its fidelity but google trader is swarmed by thick hardened scammers, almost fell for one but i request for cash n carry before d theif backed out but i buy a lotta stuffs on tradestable with no fear or hassles
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by nani667: 1:59am On May 11, 2013
I almost fell for their scam recently...and they all seem soo convincing... this one - 08130958298 calls himself Prince Gerald...I lost his account details...the fool kept insisting that I send 10k deposit & he'll deliver the phone...we're both in Lagos, I was even willing to come to his office...but the fool couldn't even provide an office address... this one - 08062436177 kept calling and begging me to patronize him...saying I have to deposit 5k first...when I opted to come to his office, I told him to text me the office address and that's how the scammer backed off... this is another one - 07058866966, this one's technique was different, he took my address and said I'd receive my phone in 5 hours through his Secretary and a dhl official..called him after 5 hours & he gave me a story that the laptops he went to deliver the people didn't show up..so henceforth anyone must pay 50% deposit before delivery...and this one - 08108834972 told me to send my address and 400 Naira mtn card for the dhl man to be calling me with.. I decided to finally give it a try and see if they're legit..cos 400 isn't a big deal..after sending everything he referred me to the so called dhl man (08066277185) & told me he had given him my package...only for the dhl man to tell me I should deposit 5k transport cost..smh...fools...anyway...the bottom line is, everyone of them on Google trader are all scams... DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO ANY BANK ACCOUNT...!!
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by Proffdada: 7:07am On May 11, 2013
nani.666:
I almost fell for their scam recently...and they all seem soo convincing... this one - 08130958298 calls himself Prince Gerald...I lost his account details...the fool kept insisting that I send 10k deposit & he'll deliver the phone...we're both in Lagos, I was even willing to come to his office...but the fool couldn't even provide an office address... this one - 08062436177 kept calling and begging me to patronize him...saying I have to deposit 5k first...when I opted to come to his office, I told him to text me the office address and that's how the scammer backed off... this is another one - 07058866966, this one's technique was different, he took my address and said I'd receive my phone in 5 hours through his Secretary and a dhl official..called him after 5 hours & he gave me a story that the laptops he went to deliver the people didn't show up..so henceforth anyone must pay 50% deposit before delivery...and this one - 08108834972 told me to send my address and 400 Naira mtn card for the dhl man to be calling me with.. I decided to finally give it a try and see if they're legit..cos 400 isn't a big deal..after sending everything he referred me to the so called dhl man (08066277185) & told me he had given him my package...only for the dhl man to tell me I should deposit 5k transport cost..smh...fools...anyway...the bottom line is, everyone of them on Google trader are all scams... DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO ANY BANK ACCOUNT...!!
it's so sad i once trusted the site,now its a den of thieves
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by coretechng(m): 7:35am On May 11, 2013
nani.666:
Hhahahah ha grin The problem is people want to buy iPAD 4 for 30k.This is how to catch them.They dont have any real location.If you tell them you are in Lagos,they will say they are in PH.If you tell them you are in PH,they will tell you they are in Ibadan.Tell them to give you their office address.They will never provide any.Besides are they the owner of DHL such that they will hand over package to DHl and dhl dispatch rider will be on the move immediately.

1 Like

Re: Scammers On Google Trader by nani667: 1:36pm On May 11, 2013
It's sad.... Nigerians like cheap things though....so it's natural to want to give it a try...but be wise...sending money to a ghost account without seeing what you're paying for is just foolishness. in their efforts to convince me some of them even told me that someone deposited 200,000 Naira in his account to buy a car from him, that he delivered it last week (deposit 200k ke ? for this Nigeria ??) .... they Will sound very convincing but they will keep insisting they must deliver...foolish people
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by naijathings(m): 2:18pm On May 11, 2013
ha haha guys have been warned b4 dem go still fall again
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by eaglebusterNG: 10:11am On Jul 23, 2013
nani.666:
It's sad.... Nigerians like cheap things though....so it's natural to want to give it a try...but be wise...sending money to a ghost account without seeing what you're paying for is just foolishness. in their efforts to convince me some of them even told me that someone deposited 200,000 Naira in his account to buy a car from him, that he delivered it last week (deposit 200k ke ? for this Nigeria ??) .... they Will sound very convincing but they will keep insisting they must deliver...foolish people
I

Please report any scam attempts to:

scambusters(dot)efcc@gmail.com or Follow "Eagle BusterNG" on Google+

Thank you.
Re: Scammers On Google Trader by maxivalueII(m): 10:20am On Jul 23, 2013
Yeah they are many there. Beware of Advance fee fraud !!!

(1) (Reply)

Thompson Home Thieatre Sound Sysytem / JUST ARRIVED & Available For Sale**USED But Mint Samsung Galaxy S2 In Box**SOLD* / Learn Programming With Ease (programming Tutorial Videos For Sale)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.