Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:29 AM

Women, Alcohol And Morals. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women, Alcohol And Morals. (2002 Views)

All Sex And No Morals / Morals Gone With The Wind... / Are Women's Morals Loosened Easily By Alcohol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women, Alcohol And Morals. by chikk(f): 1:00pm On May 08, 2013
Ok. This issue has been bugging me for a while. I don't quite want to 'state' my view and make people agree or disagree, I want varying views; more like a discussion from mature-preferably male- minds.

I'm posting this because Sometimes, people do the wrong things thinking they're right. Most men will not tell a woman how they feel about it, but deep down in them, they know better. Most will even go as far as giving her any drink she wants(so long as she can take it), but when it comes to the real deal, they'll write the woman off

Guys, What are your views on Alcohol consumption amongst women? Do you think its proper? Can you tolerate a woman that drinks, ESPECIALLY in public? Do you think it has any effects on a woman's morals?

PLS, your contribution(s) can help enlighten women on this issue. Comment reasonably
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 08, 2013
it's okay for women to take alcohol in public as long as you're above 18

but take a lil, preferably sip one bottle or glass throughout the night. Women tend to higher km for alcohol
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by 190: 1:13pm On May 08, 2013
Da hell is all these rules listed b4 postings
Since wen all these ones start

Anyway I can't tolerate a woman who drinks beer
She has to strictly be on spirits like hennesy, JD or strictly creams like myself
She must not take it daily - I can only tolerate her drink in d club wif me where softdrinks aren't that available in essence I don't think I'l fancy my woman drinking (esp beer) I know Nigerian women are the largest consumers of beer worldwide - BBC report 1948

1 Like

Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by chikk(f): 1:22pm On May 08, 2013
190: Da hell is all these rules listed b4 postings
Since wen all these ones start

Anyway I can't tolerate a woman who drinks beer
She has to strictly be on spirits like hennesy, JD or strictly creams like myself
She must not take it daily - I can only tolerate her drink in d club wif me where softdrinks aren't that available in essence I don't think I'l fancy my woman drinking (esp beer) I know Nigerian women are the largest consumers of beer worldwide - BBC report 1948

Seun is at it again.

Hmmmmm. Ok o
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by vivianc(f): 1:30pm On May 08, 2013
I don't see anything wrong with a lady taking alcohol, whether in private or public provided she is above 18 and drinks responsibly.
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by chikk(f): 1:40pm On May 08, 2013
vivian chinaza: I don't see anything wrong with a lady taking alcohol, whether in private or public provided she is above 18 and drinks responsibly.

Oowk!
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 08, 2013
The timidity of Alcohol to everywoman is the genesis of longevity in Marriage. I can't marry a woman that drinks be it in public or private.
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by segzicres(m): 1:43pm On May 08, 2013
@190 no vex! I feel f phucking same way! I myt as well stick to other site n watch nairaland crash n burn. Mscheew 17rule. F U!
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Princeparix(m): 1:44pm On May 08, 2013
joeydozzy: it's okay for women to take alcohol in public as long as you're above 18

but take a lil, preferably sip one bottle or glass throughout the night. Women tend to higher km for alcohol
dude u never jam woman wey be nigerian breweries----u 4 no talk dis tin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by 190: 2:03pm On May 08, 2013
I swear during the xmas holidays I saw some one Nigerian girl
On her 9th bottle of Gulder- she went to pee @ d road side gutter and ended up inside the gutter- next thing I heard was she was on Drip in a nearby hospital- since then I've pratically washed my hands off Nigerian girls and beer

Their middle name is "small stout"

They are all over the place even nairaland - I know some of them
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by 190: 2:08pm On May 08, 2013
I also heard that 87% of Nigerian has pot bellies and stretch marks and
Beer is responsible for it - someone please clarify undecided
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by 190: 2:11pm On May 08, 2013
Like Vivian chinaza for example,
Alutacontinua, itsmodella, shollypopz,gree-die, freecocoa and even ogugua
Those ladies can finish 3 crates of small stout without blinking an eye

I got that information from a reliable source undecided
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Enegod(m): 2:11pm On May 08, 2013
vivian chinaza: I don't see anything wrong with a lady taking alcohol, whether in private or public provided she is above 18 and drinks responsibly.
you are a lady that's why you are saying this...most men don't take a girl that takes alcohol (expercially bear) in public serious..It's not a sign of a 'well brought up' lady..its not even advicable for a lady to take alcohol..
reasons
*Women are more vulnerable than
men to alcohol’s effects, even after
drinking smaller amounts.
*Heavy drinking can lead to increased
risk of health problems such as liver
disease, brain damage, and breast
cancer.
*Women are as likely as men to
recover from alcohol dependence, but
women may have more difficulty
gaining access to treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Enegod(m): 2:16pm On May 08, 2013
190: I also heard that 87% of Nigerian has pot bellies and stretch marks and
Beer is responsible for it - someone please clarify undecided
they now drink like their fathers,dats y they have pot bellies...
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by 190: 2:17pm On May 08, 2013
Enegod: you are a lady that's why you are saying this...most men don't take a girl that takes alcohol (expercially bear) in public serious..It's not a sign of a 'well brought up' lady..its not even advicable for a lady to take alcohol..
reasons
cancer.

I said it vivian chinaza is a prime suspect undecided
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by vivianc(f): 2:22pm On May 08, 2013
Enegod: you are a lady that's why you are saying this...most men don't take a girl that takes alcohol (expercially bear) in public serious..It's not a sign of a 'well brought up' lady..its not even advicable for a lady to take alcohol..
reasons
cancer.

First of all, I said drink "responsibly." Heavy drinking is not good for anybody, be it a man or a woman.

But saying ladies that take alcohol are not taken seriously? It brings me to this question, what planet are you from? Cos your statement is quite fallacious.

P.S. I don't drink, have never tasted anything alcoholic, and I don't have a reason for that.
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 08, 2013
reasons
cancer.
what sort of primordial thinking is this? damn.

1 Like

Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by effisyman: 2:24pm On May 08, 2013
We have abandoned our culture, westernisation is the order of the day.
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 08, 2013
So it's okay for a man to drink but it's not okay for a woman because it's not a sign of a "well brought up" lady? I have seen a lot of sexist statements but this one has to take the award for the stupidest and lamest.

1 Like

Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by vivianc(f): 2:29pm On May 08, 2013
ItsModella:
what sort of primordial thinking is this? damn.

My dear I tire o, there is nothing I won't read on NL. grin
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by chikk(f): 2:36pm On May 08, 2013
vivian chinaza:

First of all, I said drink "responsibly." Heavy drinking is not good for anybody, be it a man or a woman.

But saying ladies that take alcohol are not taken seriously? It brings me to this question, what planet are you from? Cos your statement is quite fallacious.

P.S. I don't drink, have never tasted anything alcoholic, and I don't have a reason for that.

So why don't you take it if you think its ok? I'm sure you're above 18years of age
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by cyril83(m): 2:41pm On May 08, 2013
Those ladies who roughly consumed three to 15 alcoholic drinks per week in their early 20s had 28 percent more chances of being free from chronic illness, mental and physical health problems and cognitive decline in old age.

Besides It's not clear exactly how alcohol benefits health, but it may have something to do with how alcohol reduces inflammation in the body,” so stay off guyz
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by ezemoses(m): 2:42pm On May 08, 2013
i would not have a problem if my lady was a social drinker , be in in public or private but i would prefer her to drink easy stuff like wine, cyders or cockltails but she must know where to draw the line because many woman turn to misbehave when drunk so that would give people the wrong impression if she was a drinking master
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Enegod(m): 2:44pm On May 08, 2013
ItsModella: So it's okay for a man to drink but it's not okay for a woman because it's not a sign of a "well brought up" lady? I have seen a lot of sexist statements but this one has to take the award for the stupidest and lamest.
maybe your brain is barely functional because of high intake of alcohol for you not to understnd that...no offense but little insulting..."taking bear in public" is not a sign of............i didnt say girls shoudnt take alcohol..do you understand now?!

1 Like

Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Princeparix(m): 2:46pm On May 08, 2013
190: Like Vivian chinaza for example,

u mean say omo ....abosky no follow>i understand>na weed she dey digestgringrin
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 08, 2013
Enegod: maybe your brain is barely functional because of high intake of alcohol for you not to understnd that...no offense but little insulting..."taking bear in public" is not a sign of............i didnt say girls shoudnt take alcohol..do you understand now?!

reasons
cancer.

maybe your brain is barely functional because of high intake of alcohol for you not to remember what you wrote.

1 Like

Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Princeparix(m): 2:48pm On May 08, 2013
For me-dia is ntin bad in a LADY running down some bottles>but e get ladies u go meet__chai>u go bend down low lyk olamide.
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by vivianc(f): 2:54pm On May 08, 2013
chikk:

So why don't you take it if you think its ok? I'm sure you're above 18years of age

I already gave u the reason, no reason. Drinking is not my forte, be it juice, alcohol or cocktail, unless water.

There are other things I don't take; oranges, onion, sharwama, etc. It doesn't mean taking them is bad.
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Enegod(m): 2:55pm On May 08, 2013
ItsModella:

maybe your brain is barely functional because of high intake of alcohol for you not to remember what you wrote.
you take alomo bitters? don't be aggresive dear...
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Princesszoe: 3:06pm On May 08, 2013
There is noting wrong with a woman drinking alcohol in the public but am against taking it in excess. A man or woman who drinks to stupor lacks moral and such a person is an ill bred. Personally i cannot date a guy that drinks himself to stupor . Is a bad trait.

1 Like

Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by vivianc(f): 3:14pm On May 08, 2013
Princess zoe: There is noting wrong with a woman drinking alcohol in the public but am against taking it in excess. A man or woman who drinks to stupor lacks moral and such a person is an ill bred. Personally i cannot date a guy that drinks himself to stupor . Is a bad trait.

Exactly.
Re: Women, Alcohol And Morals. by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 08, 2013
190: Like Vivian chinaza for example,

Are you high on cow poop again? undecided

Can somebody please remove these rules? It's driving me nuts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Initiating Divorce / He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will / Lovers Day Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.