Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

U.K. Moves To Tighten Immigration Rules - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.K. Moves To Tighten Immigration Rules (1063 Views)

The Nigeria Immigration Deports 6 British Citizens / Bizarre Illegal Immigration Techniques: How People And Drugs Are Smuggled. / US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.K. Moves To Tighten Immigration Rules by worry359(m): 1:15pm On May 08, 2013
New bill for UK law

This bill is designed to make it easier to deport people who do not have the right to stay in the UK, and to prevent immigrants accessing services to which they are not entitled. Businesses that use illegal labour will face increased fines, and private landlords will be required to check the immigration status of their tenants. The right of appeal against immigration decisions will be restricted, and immigration officers will be given more powers. Foreign nationals who commit serious crimes will be deported except in extraordinary circumstances, and the law will be changed so this principle is reflected in the courts. The bill will apply to all of the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22437884
Re: U.K. Moves To Tighten Immigration Rules by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 08, 2013
I can't wait to leave this country. make dem dey chop am.

1 Like

Re: U.K. Moves To Tighten Immigration Rules by rafcrown(m): 3:42pm On May 10, 2013
I THANK GOD That i have a great country -as great as UK.I LOVE MY COUNTRY ,NIGERIA,ANYTIME ANY DAY.

1 Like

Re: U.K. Moves To Tighten Immigration Rules by tpia5: 4:06pm On May 10, 2013
for real?

btw what's that about landlords checking immigration status of tenants?
Re: U.K. Moves To Tighten Immigration Rules by Nobody: 12:01am On May 13, 2013
I guess every penny in fines, penalties and sanctions is needed by ukba and hmrc to beat the tough economic times
tpia@:
for real?

btw what's that about landlords checking immigration status of tenants?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How True? Ivitation 4rm U.S Army Are Not Denied Visa / As Seen At Port Harcourt Airport. (photos) / Accident, A Full Load Tanker Carrying Pms Falls On The Road At Owode-ijako Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.