Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush (19895 Views)

Troops Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists Escaping Sambisa Forest (PHOTOS) / SSS Operatives, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers, Family Members Clash In Court. / BREAKING: SSS Operatives Surround Ex-nsa Sambo Dasuki’s Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by Sobrit(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2013
This is awfully pathetic. Questions should be, an ambush, yet what were they able to do within the time of the urgent challenge. Shouldn't they be combat ready, knowing the volatility of the area with records of militia activities. How many scores of d militia group were made casualties too? Were the police convoy bombed? Because that is the only plausible alibi to explain why an ambush of trained armed officers of police should fall in that number without commensurate casualties at the other part.
In the past, u can see about 10 policemen with only two or so with arms but now almost every policeman moves with arms. What happened to all that AK47 pistols etc. The police force should bury its head in shame
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by Nobody: 11:13am On May 09, 2013
arantess: exactly....one cant really point a finger as to why
he said the operatives were severly shot and burnt along with 9 of the 11 vehicles, only the 2 made it out..he lost 10 of his colleaques n coursemates

I am actually a little better informed about this militia group now, having spent one hour trawling through reports available on the web.

We clearly have another dangerous religious cult running amok in the North Central

Nigeria attack: Nasarawa cult ambush 'kills 23 police'

At least 23 police officers in Nigeria have been killed in an ambush by a local militia in the central Nasarawa state, officials have said.

They were on their way to arrest members of the Ombatse "cult" when they were attacked, a state spokesman told the BBC.

The state police chief said that 17 officers were still missing.

Police chief Abayomi Akeremale said Ombatse members had been forcing local people to join their group.

"We decided to send our men to the area to arrest members of Ombatse, including their priest," he told the AFP news agency.

"[They] have been going to churches and mosques initiating people into their cult by forcefully administering an allegiance oath to unwilling people."

The Ombatse are from the Eggon ethnic group, which is said to be evenly divided between Christians and Muslims.

The attack happened in the village of Alakyo, near the state capital, Lafia.

Source
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by arantess: 11:21am On May 09, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I am actually a little better informed about this militia group now, having spent one hour trawling through reports available on the web.

We clearly have another dangerous religious cult running amok in the North Central

Source
extremely dangerous and spiritual too
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by Inik(m): 11:39am On May 09, 2013
doctokwus:
U nid serious education& if u av passed thru anykind,u need to repeat d entire class(es).So because dey were murdered in Eggon area by yet to b known assailants,based on an unsubstantiated report makes d eggon responsible?Ur reasoning is pathetic

Since you have a high reasoning ability, read this and tell me what you can deduce from these statements

13volts:
According to my source, the convey went into a village located deep inside Eggon tribe to effect arrest of a suspected arms dealer and a traditional witch doctor who are fueling the land dispute btw Eggon tribe & Mada tribe in Nassarawa state. However it was suspected that some one might have tip the Eggon people of the inpending raid, of which an ambush was laid resulting in the death of many.
The motive for the crime lies with the eggon people
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by Katier00(f): 12:20pm On May 09, 2013
Drbet: Police men and armies can die , even naval officials can die ,who cares ?. They have been paid to die . It is we civilians that I don't want any of us to die that way .
We are the one paying the tax that is paying their salary because after the baga incident . I am not sure if i can trust those sss anymore and their have been some rumors that they have been good at killing civilians claiming they are boko's
ar u ok or do u nid help
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by olufunkeoyedeji(f): 1:02pm On May 09, 2013
I wonder the problem... in Nigeria...

100 people die everyday on crises
100 people die everyday on sicknesses
20 people die daily on accident
50 people die on heat attacks
and 100 people die everyday unnecessarily..

if these happens everyday.. then there's serious problem in this country.
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by AssoJnr: 1:09pm On May 09, 2013
13volts: More Than 20 Policemen & 10 SSS Operatives Feared Death In Nassarawa Ambush

Its not on the news yet but I can authoritatively confirm that the AC OPERATIONS, AC CID & OC SARS and a doven of policemen alongside some SSS Operatives are feared Death after their convey was ambush inside the jungle of Nassarawa Eggon area.

According to my source, the convey went into a village located deep inside Eggon tribe to effect arrest of a suspected arms dealer and a traditional witch doctor who are fueling the land dispute btw Eggon tribe & Mada tribe in Nassarawa state. However it was suspected that some one might have tip the Eggon people of the inpending raid, of which an ambush was laid resulting in the death of many.

This is surely one of the darkest period in Nigeria police history.
u ar a bloody lier, I am from lafia where it happen but that was nt wat happen. so pls dnt just go around spreading false stories without source. I saw todays papers and and even heard VOA news today and everything were lies and cover up by out leaders themselves. uptill now, non of the leaders claim responsibilty of sending those mobile police to that village. RIP officers...
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by WukedP(m): 1:30pm On May 09, 2013
The Problem wit our Security operatives is, they always hav a insider amongs them letting out top secrets to there suspects, someone might hav informed d killers of there coming, and dat person is.................. A police man
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by imperiouxx(m): 2:10pm On May 09, 2013
AssoJnr: u ar a bloody lier, I am from lafia where it happen but that was nt wat happen. so pls dnt just go around spreading false stories without source. I saw todays papers and and even heard VOA news today and everything were lies and cover up by out leaders themselves. uptill now, non of the leaders claim responsibilty of sending those mobile police to that village. RIP officers...

From what you said, I can pick out:

those mobile police, village, RIP officers (saying farewell to the dead)....... So how is the news a false news now?
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by otokx(m): 2:26pm On May 09, 2013
What a great loss?
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by ayoolar011(m): 5:01pm On May 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The Op is probably right because I just heard a similar news report on Channelstv. But the difference is that Channels reported that about 20 police officers died in the incident. But why is the police so vulnerable?
Read well he said they were on their way to apprehend a witch doctor, my source told me, who is from that part that the witch doctor had fortified the men that laid the ambush, so guns are ineffective on them!so the police were at a disadvantage
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 09, 2013
Drbet:

I won't argue with you . You are probably somewhere around the south of Nigeria that's why you are saying that .
I will give you the details of what is happening here , assuming boko haram kill an army let's say an area A of the northern side , the next thing that we happen is a big lorry filled with armies that will keep shooting desperately in that area killing many innocent people after boko haram members had left and after they notice nobody is shooting back at them .

They will come out of their lorry and calculate the number of people boko haram members killed and the ones they also killed while shooting desperately and then report it at their head quarters that boko haram killed all of them .

My point is whenever they say boko haram kills 15 it is surely around 5 while the remaining 10 will be from the SSS.

WE NEED PROFESSIONALS TO HANDLE THIS MATTER IF POSSIBLE FOREIGN SUPPORT .

so boko haram insurgents live among you people yet you don't report them?
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 09, 2013
ayoolar011:
Read well he said they were on their way to apprehend a witch doctor, my source told me, who is from that part that the witch doctor had fortified the men that laid the ambush, so guns are ineffective on them!so the police were at a disadvantage
Hater...apparently you don't understand the question he was asking yet you quickly switched on to your 'HATE BUTTON' only to attack blindly making you look stewpid... grin grin grin i dey laff una
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by Jenkizo: 9:11pm On May 09, 2013
This story had been turned against the Eggon people reason being that it's this same Eggon people that have been defending their communities from the barbaric attack and killing of their people by the Fulani Jihadist. The question is, why were the security forces silent when the Jihadist were on the killing spree in all the Eggon Villages? They are so many questions to be asked and answered here. Nassarawa State Governor was silent over the killings of Eggon people in their own land while nothing was said about the Fulani Jihadist that were killing Christian accross Nassarawa and Benue. I believed that if investigation is properly carried out, it will revealed that the scores of Security operatives killed were entirely Hausa/Fulani people doing the bidding of the State Governor against the Majority tribe of the state which are the Eggon people. This is a complete conspiracy against the peace loving Eggons. The Eggons are prepared to take back their State from the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri minorities in the state.

1 Like

Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by imauri: 10:10pm On May 09, 2013
Drbet: Police men and armies can die , even naval officials can die ,who cares ?. They have been paid to die . It is we civilians that I don't want any of us to die that way .
We are the one paying the tax that is paying their salary because after the baga incident . I am not sure if i can trust those sss anymore and their have been some rumors that they have been good at killing civilians claiming they are boko's

you are just an overfeed half drunk grass eating wall gako..... so they dont have families? what tax do you pay? spell tax... monkey.
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by tit(f): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
Martins040: Are you a university graduate seeking for help/employment into SSS call Mr. Martins..08139641059
who wan die?
Re: Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush by AssoJnr: 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
Jenkizo: This story had been turned against the Eggon people reason being that it's this same Eggon people that have been defending their communities from the barbaric attack and killing of their people by the Fulani Jihadist. The question is, why were the security forces silent when the Jihadist were on the killing spree in all the Eggon Villages? They are so many questions to be asked and answered here. Nassarawa State Governor was silent over the killings of Eggon people in their own land while nothing was said about the Fulani Jihadist that were killing Christian accross Nassarawa and Benue. I believed that if investigation is properly carried out, it will revealed that the scores of Security operatives killed were entirely Hausa/Fulani people doing the bidding of the State Governor against the Majority tribe of the state which are the Eggon people. This is a complete conspiracy against the peace loving Eggons. The Eggons are prepared to take back their State from the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri minorities in the state.
you are right my brother, there are confirmed cases of fake soldiers hired and trained by some politicians and imported mercenaries to attack and raid the the eggon community to stop them from voting and stop them from producing a governor 2015. but there are scores of death bodies of the mercenaries and un accountable soldies being killed, the eggon ombatse group are really protecting themselves and their communities. God help them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ben Ayade May Defect To APC Soon, As He Meets Kwankwaso, Okorocha, Obaseki / Abba Kyari Cuts Dubious Financial Deals Under Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Buhari To Hold Prayer For Nigeria In Mecca - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.