Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Help I Cant Sleep At Night - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help I Cant Sleep At Night (3396 Views)

Pls Help I Cant Sleep!without Masturbating! / Help! Cant Sleep / Six Things You Shouldn't Do Before You Sleep At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Cant Sleep At Night by firetrap(m): 2:47am On May 09, 2013
In the last 2 weeks I have not had a combined 20 hours of sleep. I'm not an insomniac cos before this started I sleep normally though I stay up very late into the night. Sometimes during the day time I feel very weak and queasy and light headed. I can't person or handle my usual chores like I used to cos most of the time I'm extreamly weak and tired yet sleep still eludes me. I'd like for any doctor on this forum to please advice me on what to do.

P.s there was a time last year when this same thing happens to me for more than 2 months. I was going through a very trying and difficult emotional crisis then, so I just kinda blamed it on that.

Thanks for your anticipated responses
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by ckkris: 5:34am On May 09, 2013
Place a PINCH of salt in your tongue, let it dissolve, then wash it down with 1 or 2 glasses of water, especially 30 minutes before meal.
Make sure you drink 1 or 2 glasses of water from 9pm.
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by okwele1(f): 4:50pm On May 10, 2013
use Kunding green tea it works for me, it has other health benefits. It detoxifys, relaxes you and u will sleep soundly.

Let me know hoW yow feel after use ok
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by mecussey(m): 9:48am On May 11, 2013
You are not getting laid, I meant natural se*x between man and woman, not any other form. Possibly, testosterone is boiling in ur blood, and it wont allow you sleep. If you are sure you are getting full blown se*x, then try alcohol or weed at your own risk. Remember, to use condom if you wish to try the earlier.
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by firetrap(m): 7:21pm On May 11, 2013
mecussey: You are not getting laid, I meant natural se*x between man and woman, not any other form. Possibly, testosterone is boiling in ur blood, and it wont allow you sleep. If you are sure you are getting full blown se*x, then try alcohol or weed at your own risk. Remember, to use condom if you wish to try the earlier.

I haven't gotten laid since late march but that should not be the cause
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by iyaibeji2(f): 8:40pm On May 11, 2013
Firetrap, the truth is you have developed hypetension. High BP. My husband haf such a symptom years ago and we discovered when he got to see a doctor. Check your bp before its too late. There are medications you'll be given to lower it. Then you can as sleep soundly at night. I must add that you'll be having lots of headaches too while not sleeping

Check your BP fast.
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by dominique(f): 9:05pm On May 11, 2013
ckkris: Place a PINCH of salt in your tongue, let it dissolve, then wash it down with 1 or 2 glasses of water, especially 30 minutes before meal.
Make sure you drink 1 or 2 glasses of water from 9pm.

What manner of advise is this Are you trying to give him high blood pressure? Poster, its possible that your blood level is low or your bp is high. go and have your PCV and BP checked. Take the results to a doctor for recommendations.

1 Like

Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by iyaibeji2(f): 9:11pm On May 11, 2013
Thank you jare dominique. Don't mind the yeye poster. If you don't know the correct answer to a question. STAY AWAY.
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by iyaibeji2(f): 9:13pm On May 11, 2013
Mr ckkris, please tell us how you came about swallowing salt to cure sleeplessness. Are you a "learner"?
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by dominique(f): 10:25am On May 12, 2013
Toyin Akan: Mr ckkris, please tell us how you came about swallowing salt to cure sleeplessness. Are you a "learner"?

I tire o. Its not by force to advise.
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by Lagusta(m): 10:33am On May 12, 2013
Toyin Akan: Firetrap, the truth is you have developed hypetension. High BP. My husband haf such a symptom years ago and we discovered when he got to see a doctor. Check your bp before its too late. There are medications you'll be given to lower it. Then you can as sleep soundly at night. I must add that you'll be having lots of headaches too while not sleeping

Check your BP fast.

you may be right, but there are alot of causes of insomnia, the op needs to see a clinical psychologist with a geneal physician.....

and some guyz are telling him to take salt, some are even telling him to drink, smoke weed and bleep..... na wa ooo!!!!!
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by uzoo: 5:58pm On May 12, 2013
Have you tried taking Soy milk,

apart from its amazing benefits to health , Soy drink makes me very sleepy.it relaxes you .

once i take 2 bottles a day ,am zonked out and fast asleep. they sell them every where , i take vita milk ( not the energy one)

Another way to fall asleep on the bed is doing some breathing exercise.

once you lye down, try to take a deep breathe and slowly , ''SLOWLY'' exhale with your mouth closed of course.
do this 5 or 6 times or as often as you can while lying down till you gradually drift off.

Some one did mention something about your blood pressure on this thread, and that could also be the reason why you're not getting much sleep, try and have your blood pressure checked especially at night or when ever you're feeling light headed, and then see a doctor for help.( i wouldn't resort to strong medication though)

But if your condition is stress or emotionally related , then you should take it easy and deal with the situation or worries immediately so you can get back to having a sound sleep.
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by Nobody: 1:58am On May 13, 2013
apart from checking ur blood pressure, at night try and bath with warm water and take warm tea before going to bed it does magic
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by Lagusta(m): 9:01am On May 13, 2013
imolore: apart from checking ur blood pressure, at night try and bath with warm water and take warm tea before going to bed it does magic

TEA??

hope its not lipton shaa, cos the caffeine there will make u stay WIIIIIIIDEEEE AWAKE!!!!!!
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by uzoo: 9:22am On May 13, 2013
Lagusta:

TEA??

hope its not lipton shaa, cos the caffeine there will make u stay WIIIIIIIDEEEE AWAKE!!!!!!

YES o!!!! NO TEA, unless its camomile tea.

Green tea, lipton tea,coffee etc ... they all have caffeine which do more harm to you at night .

in fact you will be so wide awake till day break and still keep working.
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by dominique(f): 9:57am On May 13, 2013
Lols that's naija English for you, every single beverage is 'tea' grin. I suppose implore is talking about cocoa beverage (milo and the likes). I also take warm 'tea' with plenty of milk to induce sleep.
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by Lagusta(m): 10:45am On May 13, 2013
uzoo:

YES o!!!! NO TEA, unless its camomile tea.

Green tea, lipton tea,coffee etc ... they all have caffeine which do more harm to you at night .

in fact you will be so wide awake till day break and still keep working.

grin grin grin

cocoa beveages are ok tho....

and has op checked his bp yet
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by firetrap(m): 12:35pm On May 16, 2013
Sorry for not updating you guys in awhile, so last week I got so weak that my body just shut down. I got my blood pressure checked and its normal for someone my age. Since then most days I get 3 - 4 hours of sleep. I'm still worried though
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by Lagusta(m): 12:45pm On May 16, 2013
firetrap: Sorry for not updating you guys in awhile, so last week I got so weak that my body just shut down. I got my blood pressure checked and its normal for someone my age. Since then most days I get 3 - 4 hours of sleep. I'm still worried though

hey boss, do u have a swelling around your neck? do u usually feel too hot or too cold?? do u see your eyes bulging out

hope its not what i'm thinking tho....
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by firetrap(m): 2:08pm On May 16, 2013
Lagusta:

hey boss, do u have a swelling around your neck? do u usually feel too hot or too cold?? do u see your eyes bulging out

hope its not what i'm thinking tho....

No to all your questions
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by Lagusta(m): 2:54pm On May 16, 2013
firetrap:

No to all your questions

well, u still need to see a psychiatrist, could be some form of anxiety disorder
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by Incrizz(f): 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
You need Bcomplex.
That was what cured that "tired" feeling for me smiley
*Brace up your self for increased apetite*
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by temmytayur(f): 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
eat enough moringa
Re: Help I Cant Sleep At Night by rednaxx(m): 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Take a walk. If you generally nap shortly after lunch, use that time to take a walk outside. Regular exercise is good for beating Sleeplessness and it also helps aid in digestion after eating.  Make a phone call. How many of us have had people we care about complain that they don't hear from us enough? Instead of napping use that time to reconnect with someone. Talking to those we care about is a great relaxation tool as well.  Take up a hobby. Although twenty or thirty minutes a day doesn't seem like enough for a hobby, it can be. If you like needlepoint, a few minutes doing that
can be very relaxing. If you enjoy golf, buy an indoor putting green and practice your swing. Although naps are great as a mid day pick-me-up, they aren't beneficial to your overall sleep pattern. Cut out the nap if you want to say goodbye to your Sleeplessness. More details on my website through my signatuer

(1) (Reply)

Kedi Healthcare Products / What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? / COVID-19 Update For September 17 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.