Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,115 members, 7,807,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (21959 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Paschal007: 10:07am On May 09, 2013
obadiah777: ALL THESE PEOPLE SHOUTING CHANGE RULE 17 DONT EVEN COME TO THE RELIGION SECTION. ANYWAY LET ME RETYPE

WE DONT NEED LAWS AGAINST CHRISTIAN-ABUSERS ENACTED. HOW ELSE WILL THIS PROPHESY BE FULFILLED ? LUKE 21 VS 17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake

AND CAN YALL UNBAN ME FROM RELIGION SECTION. SPAMBOT TRIPPING. GOT ME BANNED FOR NOTHING. A WHOLE DAY NOW
Send PM to JeSoul nah.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by venatus25(m): 10:07am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

I am very sorry about this.
you get me annoyed by your word "i'm sorry about this". Pls go and correct that shit~
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by unhappywoman: 10:08am On May 09, 2013
Nawa oo so many confused pple!
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:08am On May 09, 2013
ItsModella: Fraud is when you create such despotic rules and leave members without a deactivate option.
GBAM!
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:09am On May 09, 2013
berem: Just finished reading the link. This one na serious matter o! na wah!
I tell you my sister.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by luvinhubby(m): 10:10am On May 09, 2013
tellwisdom: This is partly the reason why nigerians remain poor and in abject poverty...you shld be more concerned on how to make money and live a sweet life just like me,instead of crying over a forum rules, stated for fun catchers...its sickening angry
What did u say your name was....? lipsrsealed
Did not see that in your post.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by sayso: 10:10am On May 09, 2013
Seun Clear suggestion,
why not close the Religion section?
Every body should go to his or her abode and pray.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:11am On May 09, 2013
Pipsland78: I dont blame Seun, he has been threatened by some extremists. Here it is:

http://naijatechtalk./2008/02/06/re-why-seun-may-forbid-the-discussion-of-islam-on-nairaland/

But Seun should have extended it to all religions, not only Islam.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by chlowi(f): 10:11am On May 09, 2013
BY1434: Kudos to you Seun for instilling discipline in this polity,i dont know why some people are so averse to change and adhere to rules and regulation....some people who consider rule 17 as favouring the muslims are doing so out of sheer prejudice cos it is obvious that islam religion has been at the recieving end all the time..........its not compulsory you comment on islamic religion section if you can not be civil about it..I want to implore my fellow muslim to please not abuse other religion cos respect is reciprocal and its against islam to cast aspersion on other people believe.thanks
Why wnt u support? Bloodsuckers
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by takeprofit: 10:11am On May 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:11am On May 09, 2013
rule 7- don't say or do anything that's detrimental to the success of nairaland

Well seun this rule is dumb as fucck! Do u now control my life outside NL? undecided grin . For dis really dumb statement I'd simply skip thru wikipedia and do my worse! U can't control that grin

I'm pretty sure u mean,"don't say or do anything that's detrimental to the success of nairaland ON NAIRALAND" cos I might as well do that on other sites.

Best regards,
Camille.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by MayorSchwags(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2013
Thermythorpe: angry angry angry one son of a BIATCH kips hiding my posts

ThunDEr fire ur left Yansh..

To hell wt Seun nd all dem silly moderators.
anofit count laws wey u don brk finishgringrin. ur ban na till 2060grin. As for rule 21, you would do well to enable delete account for those that cant speak/spell correctly. Unfair
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:12am On May 09, 2013
Paschal007: Send PM to JeSoul nah.
GREAT IDEA. LOL. HOW COME I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT ? THANKS BRUV.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by eiete(f): 10:13am On May 09, 2013
7. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.

Seun may be trying to avoid the frying pan but instead heading straight into fire.

He talks about discussing the draft copy with his Mod and super Mods and then subsequently coming up with a final copy. From the go ahead that was given to him, I hope that someone amongst them (MODs) is a lawyer or knows the laws of the Federal Republic Nigeria very well. Because in order to pacify some sections of Nairaland, he may be encroaching on other peoples rights, by discriminating and encouraging discrimination.

I do hope for his sake he showed this rules to a qualified lawyer. Because from the reactions and out cry to rule no 17, someone may be offended to the point of reporting the site (Nairaland) to the relevant authorities.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Mustay(m): 10:13am On May 09, 2013
idefix:

On one hand, we have the popular and cantankerous Christians that take delight in speaking against Islam and will continue to do so even though I keep banning them. On the other hand, we have muslims who believe I am personally culpable even though I did not make those posts because I am the only person whose name is associated with this website

I remember, before, I enjoyed reading through any religious headed post I saw, but for some time now, I can say I have abstained. I have abstained because some people just say anything under the sun to back up their own idea/s(right or wrong) to crucify whoever/whatever they wish to speak against. I’m like,God must be a very patient God. If left to these trash-talkers alone, a few slaps on their faces would definitely allow us to know who has said what on Nairaland. abi?

I believe that everybody has a right to his own opinion, and isn’t it right enough that people learn to respect the opinion of others while they stick to their own? Its not by force to accept your opinion, but why condemn me –why condemn my person?

The bashing, insults etc., kinda spoil the whole religious soup on Nairaland, and its a pity - if these talkers are the youth on which the reins of Nigeria’s future hangs. Some of them might end up becoming religious ministers themselves, yet they can’t see where the lines of right and wrong are crossed – especially in matters of words and thought.

There is a difference between trying to convince and trying to condemn. Majority of Nairaland talkers, especially on religious issues(between Christianity and the Muslim faith) is condemnation back and forth. This same picture cuts across to the political circle. If we can’t agree up to a point on the religious bend, how much more politics.

Nairaland is offered free of charge. Thank you Seun. But why should you allow someone login free of charge and put you into an official problem, considering that in Nigeria, anything can happen.

Yes, a word is enough for the wise, and Mr. Nairaland has said his piece. I would be happier if not only the discussion of Islam is forbidden, the discussion of Christianity should be forbidden to. At least, lets be on playing-level and see what else we can talk about.

Maybe we would be able to see more common things amongst us, rather than a lotta religious differences.

p.s: I’m a Christian, if you care to know

The points I agree with you here are highlighted!

For those who had been on NL at the seed stage, they would understand why the section "Islam for Muslims" was even created.

I have also avoided going to such sections for even in politics too, both sides enjoying bashing others' religion + tribes.

Davidylan would be reading this - his posts circa 2007 till date are & were all about attacking anything Islam. Eventually, such threads end up being detailed denying those who want(ed) to have sincere discussions the opportunity to do so. Even here, you already see posters saying they know Seun has received threats from the "violent ones", haramists and such unsavoury terms.

Sincerely, I would advise the religion section be closed. Moderating this forum to check against bigotry is necessary. People want freedom without responsibilities and respect to others. The major problem of the internet is being anonymous + weak controls.

Until a strong framework is designed for religion to be discussed, close it!
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:13am On May 09, 2013
carr96: [b]" cos I might as well do that on other sites.

Best regards,
Camille.
Then I'll ban you here
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by unforgiven: 10:14am On May 09, 2013
In March 2011, market research figures released by comScore suggested that Myspace had lost 10 million users between January and February 2011, and that it had fallen from 95 million to 63 million unique users during the previous twelve months.[61] Myspace registered its sharpest audience declines in the month of February 2011, as traffic fell 44% from a year earlier to 37.7 million unique U.S. visitors. Advertisers have been reported as unwilling to commit to long term deals with the site.[62]
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Ijawboi(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2013
Me thinks seun is a member of boko haram and he want to islamize nairaland

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by gameboy727(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2013
Rules are meant to be broken.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:15am On May 09, 2013
you can show your dislike untill this is change on twitter boycottnairaland
@boycottnairalan
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:15am On May 09, 2013
just close the religion section. simple. or just make it 'islamland' instead of nairaland. you better worry about the job scammers you have online
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:17am On May 09, 2013
Pipsland78:
Then I'll ban you here

And?
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by vascey(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2013
Fourcade:
Na correct businessman grin

Forget that businessman yarns. When you want to last in your chosen field, you do business with ethics.
You win with integrity. This seemingly small issue is going to cost him. All this negetivity is an opening for some smart dude to open his own site and publish a different set of rules that will attract traffic.

Seun has become complacent. He thinks one million cannot be reduced to one.
History Seun! You need to return to history.
These rules, especially rule 17, is akin to digging Nairaland's grave. A word is enough for the wise.
I am already seeking alternatives.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by OCTAVO: 10:20am On May 09, 2013
sayso: Seun Clear suggestion,
why not close the Religion section?
Every body should go to his or her abode and pray.
Seun,
[size=30pt]CLOSE DOWN THE RELIGION SECTION[/size]
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:21am On May 09, 2013
I dont blame Seun, he has been threatened by some extremists. Here it is:
How it all started.

http://naijatechtalk./2008/02/06/re-why-seun-may-forbid-the-discussion-of-islam-on-nairaland/

But Seun should have extended it to all religions, not only Islam.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by FoxyVista(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by gbadexy(m): 10:22am On May 09, 2013
I really don't understand this dude! Seems he is under duress with the way he is just apologizing without any action.
I'm a proud practicing muslim but the reason the owner of the forum gave for the rule 17 is very lame. I don't think he can be that dim except if there is something he isn't saying.
Since majority of the christians here don't mind their freedom suppressed in christianity forum, then extend the rule to them also.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:23am On May 09, 2013
akin707: you can show your dislike untill this is change on twitter boycottnairaland
@boycottnairalan
WAOOOO.....HAS IT STARTED ALREADY?
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by begwong: 10:23am On May 09, 2013
[b]Quote from: Usman Muhammad
A advice for you
I really appreciate your dedication and skills in designing this website. I write not to praise your exceptional skills but to advice you on just one thing that will inevitable come to you. By birth a Muslim is emotionally reactive to his religion, Nigeria Muslim on the other hand are slightly explosive to any thing they consider blasphemy to Islam and our noble Prophet.

Seun, I respectably urge you to have firm control of your web site. The forum under religion is embodied with lots of abusive, offensive and incisive phrase against Islam. Phrase that is capable of igniting a serious tension and a threat to your own life. I am a Muslim, a moderate Muslim you may say, but I can tell the reaction and counter reaction of an extremist who can easily be offended by contents of your web site. The authors may not be known, but you as the founder, would be easily branded as an abettor and a party to the offence. What I am saying in effect is that, you should edit, delete and choose topics posted on the forum you consider offensive. Imagine phrase calling Prophet Muhammad “evil” “stupid”. No! No!! No!!! Osewa, you should act quickly, or else one day, a fatwa would be issued for you, and then you will be a celebrity under serious police protection. Then you can as well spend your [salary] undercover. These guys that post this thing are trying to destroy what you have suffered to build.
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19)

My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Brain Teaser: Guess The Country Names From The Pictures Below

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.