Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Striking Down Rule 17 - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Striking Down Rule 17 (30001 Views)

How To Get Attractive And Striking Lips / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland / ASUU Strike Latest: Mimiko Commences Recruitment In AAUA To Replace Striking Lec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by naffysa(f): 3:19pm On May 09, 2013
oga o embarassedoga o
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Seun(m): 3:29pm On May 09, 2013
HARDDON: Mr Seun,

why are the rules always popping up any time one wants to create a thread or post a reply?

are there no rules' threads on every section again?

we should be as user-friendly as possible and not string complex at other' expense.

and if you havent noticed, nobody's got the time to go through all that ish b4 they can make their mind known.

I do believe this is a temporal thing and should be removed hereafter.

NB: it is not all time one has access to a system with larger screen. some of us work on smaller-screened mobile devices too

Regards

H. D

Click the link (skip) in "Please Observe The Following Rules (skip)" to skip over the rules.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 09, 2013
Angyee:

Seun, don't 'Strike Down' rule 17. Instead, edit it. It should be re-instated and read something like this:

17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to any religion or ethnicity. Nairaland aims to promote tolerance not division.

'Chikena' 'O ton' 'Ogwuchala'.

Also, rather than rules always coming up, Sit down, research other forums and come up with a standard set of rules and put that up. And like another forum I am on does, then advise anyone who joins to please read those rules before posting, that way you don't have to keep going back and forth. And if any one has an issue, you refer them there.

Like Confucius said, 'Life is really simple but we insist on making it complicated.
When a smart and composed person speaks, it is so easy to notice. If he is a wise person, he would listen to your opinion and even seek further advice.

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by great063(m): 3:34pm On May 09, 2013
outrage: [size=13pt]Why not add other religion.
It is obvious others don't care how their religion is spoken about on this forum, since they are thanking you for removing it, instead of modifying it to suit every religion.

Just incase you haven't noticed muslims can't insult or talk bad about christain believes like insulting jesus/moses/adam etc. Usually when they talk bad about the religion, its on a personal level.

But on the other hand chirtains and other religion insult and talk bad about our prophet muhammad (saw) and islam in general. That is very unacceptable.

I know I can't say much to change your mind seun, but muslim MODS this is your responsibility, its on your shoulders to see that the religion of islam is protected on this forum to the best of your knowledge.

You got out cries that it was unfair to the christains for the rule number 17, its unfair to muslims to strik it out. I believe since its a democratic enviroment, we should meet at the middle.

Personaly I don't talk bad or look down on any persons believes, you can go through my comments and confirm. But I know everybody can't be the same, hence that's why we need rules.

Please seun, be fair to islam..[/size]
Dude,park well.

2 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by great063(m): 3:39pm On May 09, 2013
Hehehehe.Strike down today,strike up tomorrow...Coming soon:Striker.

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Angyee(f): 3:39pm On May 09, 2013
@Blink182 thanks.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Allenkee: 3:49pm On May 09, 2013
Rule 21 came up because so many candidate failed jamb, Mr. Seun wants everybody to start learning queens English grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Feraz(m): 3:50pm On May 09, 2013
Na Laugh: I couldn't help but make this 'Summer Blockbuster Trailer' for "Rule 17" the movie. Forgive me cheesy

Coming soon to a theater Not near you. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpaRY-cCtBk
Lmao!!! F**king hilarious! grin grin grin
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 09, 2013
What is rule 17?
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by nerodenero: 4:02pm On May 09, 2013
It shows that with unity among the people,there is no limit to what can be achieved.Now Mr.Seun will know that Nairalanders made nairaland and not him.Without us,there is no you!Above all,you did well for withdrawing that biased Rule 17.

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by bukatyne(f): 4:03pm On May 09, 2013
outrage: [size=13pt]Why not add other religion.
It is obvious others don't care how their religion is spoken about on this forum, since they are thanking you for removing it, instead of modifying it to suit every religion.

Just incase you haven't noticed muslims can't insult or talk bad about christain believes like insulting jesus/moses/adam etc. Usually when they talk bad about the religion, its on a personal level.

But on the other hand chirtains and other religion insult and talk bad about our prophet muhammad (saw) and islam in general. That is very unacceptable.

I know I can't say much to change your mind seun, but muslim MODS this is your responsibility, its on your shoulders to see that the religion of islam is protected on this forum to the best of your knowledge.

You got out cries that it was unfair to the christains for the rule number 17, its unfair to muslims to strik it out. I believe since its a democratic enviroment, we should meet at the middle.

Personaly I don't talk bad or look down on any persons believes, you can go through my comments and confirm. But I know everybody can't be the same, hence that's why we need rules.

Please seun, be fair to islam..[/size]

And what really is your problem?

What is be 'be fair to Islam?'

Who was dark to it before?

If not that you are a religious bigot, why didn't you say 'be fair to all religions?'

A quick question: How does bashing Islam/Christianity on Nairaland affect it in the real world?

Get a grip!
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by imperiouxx3: 4:16pm On May 09, 2013
Seun banned imperiouxx2 for Registering a new account and allowing us to find out about it. A violation of Rule 19.. Ban expires at May 09, 2021 at 04:13:25 PM.

Ok seun. Leave this account for me abeeeeeeeeeeeeegggggggggggg ooooooooooooo. My oga at the top. I no dey take ya side again.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Seun(m): 4:17pm On May 09, 2013
imperiouxx3: Seun banned imperiouxx2 for Registering a new account and allowing us to find out about it. A violation of Rule 19.. Ban expires at May 09, 2021 at 04:13:25 PM.

Ok seun. Leave this account for me abeeeeeeeeeeeeegggggggggggg ooooooooooooo. My oga at the top. I no dey take ya side again.
I will forgive your first account.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by imperiouxx3: 4:17pm On May 09, 2013
Seun:

Yes Sir. Tuale!
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:20pm On May 09, 2013
Seun:
why did you hide my post Seun?

This;imperiouxx2: Seun banned imperiouxx for Deliberately breaking rule 11. Ban expires at May 12, 2013 at 02:46:02 PM.

Haba Seun! Why did you ban my imperiouxx account? Just because I was fighting your fight. This one no go pay you oooo(Rule #21 violated). Ok, I'm changing my signature to

"I promise to violate every Nairaland's rule. So help me God"

Amen

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

DEAR FATHER;  Mu ayọ̀ igbala rẹ pada tọ̀ mi wá; ki o si fi ẹmi omnira rẹ gbé mi duro. |
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 09, 2013
imperiouxx3:

Yes Sir. Tuale!
Tuale for the oga on top.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by imperiouxx(m): 4:21pm On May 09, 2013
Seun:

Thank you sir..... Banned till 2021....... OMG! My second child would have been chasing girls by then.... I dey run comot here..... lipsrsealed Oops! Hope I haven't violated any rule again.... I dey fear my oga now ooo grin
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 09, 2013
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by enilove(m): 4:38pm On May 09, 2013
kasheemawo: @ seun,this is the reason why rule 17 has to stay,some ppl like this instigate crises and i believe sane Muslim will never abuse any religion belief.to me i will rather allow u to abuse my parent than to allow u ridicule my prophet.

We have to defend our faith and our beliefs against falsehood by presenting the truth. It does not make sense when we try to defend a God or try to save his reputation. The worst we can do to someone who blasphemes our God or His Prophet is to hand him over to God for an instant judgment as Paul did on d Island of Paphos when a false prophet and sorcerer,Elymas,tried to prevent d chief of the Island from being converted.Paul issued an instant judgment against him in the name of Jesus and Elymas received instant blindness.Act 13: 6-12.God defended His Word.

A God that needs to be fought for by weak human beings ceases to be Almighty God.
If Allah is God and Muhammed was a true prophet,any muslim trying to defend His reputation is incuurring the wrath of God upon themselves.Becos it is like saying, "Oh,Allah is helpless and I must do something or not allow anything offensive to his reputation,if not his reputation will crumble.
Very absurd.

Muhammed is dead,no amount of bad or good word you issue against him can prosper.
The Bible says ,anyone who curses Abraham shall be cursed and anyone who blesses Abraham shall be blessed. How much more God and His Prophets,if actually the prophet is not of the devil.

If you like curse Jesus,it does not affect the truth about him,neither would it annoy me. You can even take it further by cursing God,I will only feel sorry for you,because I believe u do not know what u are doing.But not to the extent of getting angry with you.If He is God,He will defend Himself.

It is ignorance of the highest order to think we must fight and kill other human beings to defend our God.

You can believe ur prophet,but it is compulsory to respect ur parents,if not ,you cannot live long in life.
The is a Biblical fact.

Finally,for the sake of peace in this nation,we must tolerate other people's beliefs and religion.

3 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 09, 2013
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by HARDDON: 4:49pm On May 09, 2013
Seun:

Click the link (skip) in "Please Observe The Following Rules (skip)" to skip over the rules.

redundant if you ask me. what happened to the rules and regulation threads on each section?

besides none of these would change anything(almost all the rules have been broken right here on this thread already) the internet is the internet.....

nonetheless, if you must keep them hanging there, good luck to you
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by akraym(m): 5:28pm On May 09, 2013
ijaw citizen: Oga seun,
You don't "strike down" something that is written, You "strike it off".

No offence intended

That means Seun is guilty of the 21st law. Proper use of grammar
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Seun(m): 5:40pm On May 09, 2013
akraym: That means Seun is guilty of the 21st law. Proper use of grammar
www.google.com.ng/search?q=law+struck+down
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by batstan(m): 5:49pm On May 09, 2013
grin grin
akraym:

That means Seun is guilty of the 21st law. Proper use of grammar
GBAM!!!!!! Oya ban yasef
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 09, 2013
U b high b4, na nw u eye clear 2 c say rule 17 no make sense.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by MrOON: 6:39pm On May 09, 2013
ijaw citizen: Oga seun,
You don't "strike down" something that is written, You "strike it off".

No offence intended
u talk like a jambite. Those things from tutorial centres are still fresh in ur memory.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by 2sexyus: 6:45pm On May 09, 2013
Oga Seun, please for me now ehn? Please...
Seun:
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by 2sexyus: 6:46pm On May 09, 2013
Lol.
Mr. OON:

u talk like a jambite. Those things from tutorial centres are still fresh in ur memory.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 09, 2013
Strike down or strike off, strike away or strike out, all of them same ni. The fear of Islam is the beginning of wisdom grin
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Danhumprey: 7:16pm On May 09, 2013
tchidi:

Onye nkea o si na ogini?! undecided undecided angry angry
Dat was a joking comment,but you allow it to get into your skin. I wonder if you hav a sense of humour at all. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What‘s That One Thing You Love That You Can Never Outgrow No Matter Your Age? / 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life / Hit And Run Driver Kills Man In Benue State (Viewers' Discretion Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.