Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Striking Down Rule 17 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Striking Down Rule 17 (29987 Views)

How To Get Attractive And Striking Lips / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland / ASUU Strike Latest: Mimiko Commences Recruitment In AAUA To Replace Striking Lec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Chinom(m): 11:05am On May 09, 2013
Well done my Boy !!. You did well by striking it down. Though i can understand your fear of Boko Haram things.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by wonlasewonimi: 11:05am On May 09, 2013
This guy don hear am today lmao! uneasy lies the head that wears the crown!
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by souleymon(m): 11:05am On May 09, 2013
life_style:

The guy you are correcting is a millionaire in dollars..

There is a large thinking in the Millionaires way.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Jovanna(f): 11:05am On May 09, 2013
Bt dat rule 21 na wash o..mi i be typical made in naija nd a yoruba by tribe, english no be my papa language, so expect dat rule 2 be broken everyday cos nobody above gbagaun! Nd by d way u've also broken dat rule just nw

3 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:05am On May 09, 2013
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your outrage over the unfair appearance of rule 17 has been noted, and so I have decided to strike it down!

Thank you for correcting me and setting me straight. We certainly need to be fair to every religion.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Mr. Seun that's a good u-turn, I can't tell you how heart broken I was when I just log in to see rule 17. I made up my mind to lose my NL username....when I was about to open a new thread seeking deactivation of my NL username that's when I saw this thread. I decided to chill.

On the hand...

Though you've stricken rule 17, in no way should we disrespect The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. That should be the only rule attached to Christianity. smiley

Cheers Man...
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by diordaves(m): 11:05am On May 09, 2013
Dear Seun,

Your decision to now "Strike Down" rule 17, does it now mean we could all now insult any religion? You should not "Strike it Down" but edit it to include "do not insult ANY religion".

Sometimes we never get it right, but I salute your courage to back-step. Well done.

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by DukeNija(m): 11:05am On May 09, 2013
ijaw citizen: Oga seun,
You don't "strike down" something that is written, You "strike it off".

No offence intended

Do you honestly think you can stand Seun grammatically? Ode!

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Temismith(f): 11:05am On May 09, 2013
Welldone! Now we have rules and regulations in here. Plus, we need a thumbs up smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by SamConquer(m): 11:06am On May 09, 2013
So We Should Start Jumping And CelebratingYOU Are A Sort Of Public Figure(Though Most People Dont Even Know You Physically)So You Should Know Better Instead Of Making Misguided Statement.......I have A News For You ''AM NOT IMPRESSED''.!!!What You Did Is An ''Afterthought''

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by JoanJohnson(f): 11:06am On May 09, 2013
21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.

Please modify your rule 21. It makes you sound proud and that's not good for a leader.

2 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by fruityjojo(f): 11:07am On May 09, 2013
The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others
and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from
motives of policy are silent when we should speak,
the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into
our souls.
1890, by Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Awwww Alleluyia!!! Sean still has d flood of Light nd Life Flowing through himcheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:07am On May 09, 2013
You are very lucky SEUN, you listened and that saved your a55
This is a feri feri good development.It is very Bombastic and garrilicious.Rule 21 should stay.No one should come and wrote,i mean right,i mean left,i mean written feri bad englich here.This is seun grammar school for only english speakers.Lets us all be concobility..Thank you for your gangantansious understooding..

15 Likes

GBAM, Nothing will happen to you seun.. Instead delete all religious boards and threads online don't mind whatever threat you receive they aint gonna do anything.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by thehomer: 11:07am On May 09, 2013
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your outrage over the unfair appearance of rule 17 has been noted, and so I have decided to strike it down!

Thank you for correcting me and setting me straight. We certainly need to be fair to every religion.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

That's great. Well done cheesy
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by sunjetg: 11:07am On May 09, 2013
My candid advice to moderator:Nairaland as a leading social forum should learn how to analyze their decisions before making them public.When I saw rule 17, my first impression was "what a discrimatory comment". Good enough an apology has come from you but please, you have got millions of members here and that should really make you more cautious when posting such things.

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by AmmyMummy(f): 11:07am On May 09, 2013
Better
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by rasputinn(m): 11:07am On May 09, 2013
Hmm tell me why Seun will not great(men like us spot these traits).
Your capacity for seeking to make amends whenever you notice you've made a blunder is one of the hallmarks of good leaders.
This was the same thing you did in 2008 during the stock section/new nigerians saga

BTW,my thoughts on the remaining "RULES" are that they mostly and essentially constitute a baggage of encumberance to free,open and robust interaction on this forum.Yes there's need for rules and enforecement of same,but the truck load you guys reeled out could be drastically edited to do away with the unecessary ones that will definitely gag/shackle and kill nairalanders with boredom,except of course you want to insert an "unsubsribe" or "opt out" option for those that may be too pissed with the "RULES" to remain in the ship
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Fourcade(m): 11:07am On May 09, 2013
freecocoa: Now I clearly see what Seun is up to.

This is fraud, creating topics unnecessarily just to gather traffic.

Mscheew.
GBAM!

Next topic will be Striking down off Rule 21 tongue
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by sauceEEP(m): 11:08am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

Definition of STRIKE DOWN
3. To render ineffective; cancel: The court struck down the law.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/strike+down wink
let the debate begin. Oya! english students take over.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by gramci: 11:08am On May 09, 2013
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

Seun topics with political undertone shouldn't be confined to islam section, rather that section should be for issues that has to do with koran recitation, pilgrimage, jumat prayers and zakat etc to prevent it from being infiltrated by non muslims.

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:08am On May 09, 2013
spywareczar: Please do that, because you really have no idea what I wanted doing on nairaland when I saw that 17th rule, now that its down for good, I will just have to change my mind for peace sake. Thanks

PS: I have already created 10 nairaland accounts and compiled over 200 anti-islam images ready to storm every section, but now that the 17th rule have been taken down, I have no option than to abort my mission.

I even wanted to declare an all out war of abuse on them about that rule 17. Now that it is down Lets all have PEACE
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Karleb(m): 11:08am On May 09, 2013
Finally, a breathe of fresh air.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:08am On May 09, 2013
While your at it....Bring Cuddlemii back.

3 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by eriegua83: 11:09am On May 09, 2013
If he like make he get money pass Dangote nd bill gates nobody is above correction. Na me nd SEUN break nos21,so na we two dem go ban.
life_style:

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by ZUBY77(m): 11:09am On May 09, 2013
It was not supposed to be there in the first place..
You know these muslims dont understand diplomacy and peace.
I pray they have not taken offence already
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:09am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

Forgot Nairaland is ruled by a dictator with his set of LAWS! undecided
These rules are in a list form so you really made a mistake.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by daylae(m): 11:09am On May 09, 2013
Good for you,bro. This is how to run a society.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by blesszzy(m): 11:09am On May 09, 2013
you be thunder?
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by ATMC(f): 11:09am On May 09, 2013
ijaw citizen: Oga seun,
You don't "strike down" something that is written, You "strike it off".

No offence intended
nobody's is perfect when it comes to english including anybody...and everybody...hence rule 21 should go too.

Btw @op you ought to know dt changing one rule will lead to changing many. You should have been a shade more diplomatic!
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:10am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

HOW ABOUT YOU GO AHEAD AND 'STRIKE DOWN' RULE 11. YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:10am On May 09, 2013
life_style:

Who is this one? Where do you come from?
I pity you, complex is really a disease.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Hizamakura Lady's Lap-Pillow For Lonely Guys (Photos) / Usenbor Osasu Michael Is Missing (Photo) / Mention The Good News That Made You Lose Your Appetite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.