Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks (2103 Views)

Tell Him To Stop Harassing My Family - Turai Yar'adua Tells OBJ / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks by heskay0: 1:23pm On May 09, 2013
Hajiya Turai Umaru Musa Yar’adua has revealed
how her husband, former President Umaru Musa
Yar’adua once told her that his relatives would
quarrel with her after his death as they would think
he had left so much money.

The former first lady who spoke at a memorial lecture
in honour of the late president in Katsina at the
weekend, also said “the late Yar’adua was not a
materialist leader who believed in accumulating
wealth. In fact, he shunned material things as his
slogan was service to humanity.
“There was a time he said to me that ‘Turai, I pity you
because when I die you will have quarrels with my
relatives because they will think I have so much
money in my possession”, she said.

She said the situation in Nigeria would have been
better had the late president survived his ailment
because he was a “focused, committed and
determined leader”.
“Although my husband was sick for a long time he
did his very best for Nigeria. Also as governor of
Katsina State, he did his best for the state; he is an
honest man who believed in service”, she said.

Extolling his virtues as a leader, Turai said the late
President would not give out contract without having
the money to pay for it.

“There was a time I approached him that people are
complaining that the government was slow. But he
said to me people can say whatever they like but I will
not give out contract if I have no money to pay.

“The late Umaru was a kind of leader that would go
out and monitor projects. I could recall when I used
to join him to supervise the projects at Umaru Musa
‘Yar’adua University, Turai ‘Yar’adua Hospital and
the roads,” she said.

Re: What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks by tinuolababy(f): 1:29pm On May 09, 2013
sad ok
Re: What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks by Acidosis(m): 1:35pm On May 09, 2013
Dust...
Re: What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks by Les: 6:44pm On May 09, 2013
Unfortunately, d niqqa is no more alive to verify her claim so I made a call to GEJ and he said he would organise a committee to look into it. Meanwhlie this your same late husband told me last night dat he died 3 months+ b4 his official death day dat's why they brought in an empty air ambulance and was seen by nobody not even his vice. So u kept on signing contracts worths millions of $$ in his name telling us dat he can exercise his power everywhere in the world.....

I'll advice u to bring out those money so that ur relations wont quarrell with u or shut ur daem thrash of a mouth cos we dont need ur holy-i-wanna-claim attitude.

Your husband was a good man, u are only trying to taint his legacy, let d niqqa Rest in peace jor!!
Re: What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks by oderemo(m): 6:49pm On May 09, 2013
hajia turaya preaching to nigerian, what next.?
Re: What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks by Rossikk(m): 7:11pm On May 09, 2013
YarAdua always impressed me with his probity and general air of decency. His near-obsession with the 'rule of law' was legendary, to the point he became known as 'Baba Go Slow' due largely to his insistence on lengthy scrutiny of contracts before they were awarded. It won't surprise me if he didn't siphon a single kobo in his tenure.
Re: What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks by Eziachi: 7:15pm On May 09, 2013
heskay0:
“The late Umaru was a kind of leader that would go
out and monitor projects. I could recall when I used
to join him to supervise the projects at Umaru Musa
‘Yar’adua University, Turai ‘Yar’adua Hospital and
the roads,” she said.
It seem everything in Katsina is named Yar Adua. Thats humility Nigerian style.
Re: What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks by heskay0: 7:32pm On May 09, 2013
Eziachi:
It seem everything in Katsina is named Yar Adua. Thats humility Nigerian style.

I wanda oº°˚˚˚°º
Re: What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks by Nobody: 3:35am On May 10, 2013
She better bring out the loot and share with the rest of her husband's family because they stole enough to go round.
Re: What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks by Obiagu1(m): 4:09am On May 10, 2013
*** passing ***

(1) (Reply)

Calling The PROGRESSIVES To Order / Does This Nigerian University Produce The Country's Best Graduates? / See Pics Of Boko Haram Terrorists Celebrating Sallah Openly By Slaughtering Rams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.