Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Should I Get Married Early In Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Get Married Early In Life? (1102 Views)

7 Reasons Why You Should Get Married Early. / Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? / Will You Kiss Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend Early In The Morning Without Any Of You Brushing Their Teeth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get Married Early In Life? by bebrief(m): 4:08am On Apr 19, 2008
Hi all, I thank all Nairalanders for all the good work!

I'm a young Engineer and I just got a job about 6 months ago, after finishing my Youth Service last year. Though the pay is not so good, I think I hope to get something better soon. But I'm also running my Post graduate in the mean time.

I have this unusual urge to settle down early in life. I grew up with a high sense of responsibility and maturity and I feel getting married will help me be more focused in life. I intend to get married at the age of 26. This is because I don't want to make so many mistakes and fall into temptations, which are all over me. Also, I plan to raise my kids while I'm still actively working and to see my grand children by the grace of God. However I'm the first son and I come from the South East part of Nigeria. I don't know how my parents and relatives will take it for me to marry so early. My peers are not yet thinking of marriage and many are still in school.

I have found the queen of my heart, a graduate too, and I intend to take her to the alter soon. But I'm not so wealthy yet, but we intend to manage our resources together, till things get better. Am I too forward? Must I wait till I make it all in life before I get married? Do I not have enough reasons to go ahead and get married?

I need your honest response.
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2008
@poster

its not all about getting married in life,its all about having the maturity to maintain a marriage,maturity as they say is not age,i also married early wen i was 19 years old,if u think u r matured enough and have d money to get married and feed ur wife and children their three square meals,y not go ahead
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2008
@ poster,

seems like we share the same idealogy, am also about graduating from one of the tertiary institution in the country by next year at an early age, have also met my hearthrob and she's also in the university, and i've always make it a point of target that by the time am 30yrs, i should have been done with child-bearing which am dead sure its a dream i can achieve by the help of the most high, getting settled early in life helps a lot, it makes one to stay focus.

May the lord help you through withachieving your dreams.
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by iceland(m): 6:03pm On Apr 19, 2008
If you wanna marry go ahead,pls dont look at your pocket or bank account.the saying goes like this "what the baby will be fed with will come with the baby"It's only God that can take care of us.Go ahead man!
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2008
If you want to marry go ahead,please don't look at your pocket or bank account.the saying goes like this "what the baby will be fed with will come with the baby"It's only God that can take care of us.Go ahead man!

honestly ur reply is so touching cry cry cry keep it up,uve gat alot upstairs wink
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by iceland(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2008
jennykadry:

honestly your reply is so touching cry cry cry keep it up,uve gat alot upstairs wink
Thanks my sister,It's only God that can make us survive in this world.I've seen a couple that lost thier job weeks after thier marriage.Were they going to divorce?NO! they had to keep on.The bottom line is know what you are doing!
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by steaming(f): 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2008
@ poster, i love your courage what with the guys we have today. So long as there's something on ground no matter how little, it would definetly grow. Go ahead boy, dont let your folks make your decision, you have your life to live.

You and your gal will grow together, and that makes for more strength and unity.
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by uspry1(f): 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2008
@poster

Follow your heart and trust with the Lord helping you achieving your dream marriage-family life in a stable environment.

Be sure you and your girl has met all the following below link:

10 Insights You should take steps into serious relationship before you get marry her/him
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95533.0.html

Above link has summarized as follow below:
For strong relationship between two people connect that is based on:

[list]
[li]Trust[/li]
[li]Spirituality[/li]
[li]4 Characters[/li]
[list]
[li]Humility[/li]
[li]Kindness[/li]
[li]Responsibility[/li]
[li]Happiness[/li]
[/list]

[li]Personal Hygiene[/li]
[li]Communication Skill[/li]
[li]Personal Habits[/li]
[li]Strong Connections[/li]
[list]
[li]Good Chemistry and Compatibility[/li]
[li]Shared Common Interest[/li]
[li]Shared Common Life Goal[/li]
[li]Deeper Emotional[/li]
[li]Sexual Compatibility[/li] (refer the knowledge of sexuality)
[li]Agreed Financial Obligations/Compromise Equally[/li]
[/list]
[/list]

Best with your luck! God bless you!
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by bawomolo(m): 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2008
marry early in life so u can be a bitter divorcee later on?? if u are ready then go ahead but don't rush things
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by micklplus(m): 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2008
Hey poster !
please, follow your heart and do ya thing ! Forget what people are going to say ! U dont have to live ur life based on what people will say !
One of the most important thing to getting married is to have a steady source of income which u have !
have the love of your life, which u also have !

The truth is, u are going to be better for it in the long run ! its sure a wonderful thing to marry early but ofcourse, somethings has to be right?
How compatible are u guys?
I really wish u the very best of luck.

Cheers
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by Busta(f): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2008
Why the rush?
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by chika98: 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2008
I love this! Only get married for the right reasons though not for staying out of trouble. Yes go ahead and it will make you stronger because you built the family together.
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by ty4real(m): 9:13am On Apr 22, 2008
@Poster!
Its your choice and decision mate!Go on and marry,just make sure you don't marry someone that is not your friend!Chikena grin
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by JideOguns(m): 9:12am On Apr 23, 2008
Yeah! i think its good to marry early enough in life. You just have to be sure of what you want. My target is to get married by 24. though i am yet to find the gurl of my dreams
Re: Should I Get Married Early In Life? by almondjoy(f): 10:53am On Apr 23, 2008
Please, there is nothing out there. . . get married and settle down.  Even when you are 40, you will still have the same feelings of hesitation and doubt as to if it is the right person or the right momemt,

Besides, you are not going to be celibate. . . the most mountainous fiery born agains are NOT.  So do not waste all that gooood semen in a condom or in pussies that look like bottomless pits.  Use them to breed some beautiful kids while you are still young and healthy before diseases and old age attacks all your pipes and bags!

You don't have to be wealthy. . . you can do it together.  The most successful marriages are those with both parties building together not ready-made homes.

You have found your "queen". . . don't subtitute it for a "Jezebel" in the future!

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Blog Post 'yaradua Is Dead. Read And Cofirm / How To Handle Online Romance / U Must Sleep Me, Else U Wont Graduate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.