Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Where Are All The Real Pastors? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are All The Real Pastors? (16019 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are All The Real Pastors? by PastorKun(m): 8:14pm On May 09, 2013
So what happens when the Pastors are busy copying themselves especially in the financial modelling that they have reckoned as the manifestation of success in Ministry? do you still get the pastor you deserve then? No doubt there are a few out there that are not infatuated by money and how to use gimmickry to pull it out of the pockets of the dazzled and mesmerized members, but overall, the true proof of pastoral care is lost.

Jesus asked - 'what do you want me to do for you'?
The pastor is a shepherd and should be ready to lay his life down for the sheep, is that the case of most pastors? Hell no, they haven't cared enough to lay down their unnecessary desire to compete with the corporate world in showcasing the trappings of financial success.
How would they care for the sheep? How would they not have a desire to bring the sheep together to milk/fleece them so they can keep up appearances that 'The Lord is Good All the time'?

The ministry is not an enterprise or business, its a work of sacrifice, not a profit driven, heartless endeavor to maximize returns but a selfless love driven effort to reach out to those that God brings your way with the mind of doing your best in every way to make their lives better because by gathering them, certainly you would be better too.

Instead of turning the blind eye and throwing all these funny ridiculous sayings about, put pressure on your pastor to make him/her more like Jesus and be the good shepherd that cares more for others than for himself, gives to others more than what he gives to himself.

21 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 09, 2013
Same goes for Alfa and islamic cleric selling black soap to prevent ill luck to swindle gullible Pple.

4 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by PastorKun(m): 8:59pm On May 09, 2013
JudismphD: Same goes for Alfa and islamic cleric selling black soap to prevent ill luck to swindle gullible Pple.

I am really not interested in alfa and islamic clerics, I write to promote the true faith which is based on the teachings of christ.

9 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:36pm On May 09, 2013
Pastor R B Thieme pastored the Berachah church for over 50 yrs b4 passing away in 2009.
He taught God's word with earnestness and still has his tapes and books around today.

He did not preach tithe but the Berachah church people must be crazy givers bc hundreds of request for his tapes and books are made to the ministry almost daily and the ministry send them to people worldwide free of charge.

I know bc I have benefited.

They add a little cerveat though: That God gives Bible doctrine and in our bid to reflect his grace wish to desciminate them free of charge. If however You're blessed by this ministry you may wish to support financially as you feel led but no compulsion is placed on individuals to give.

I do not know a single church in Nigeria that does this, though many collect tithe.

That for me is true ministry and the work/result of a true pastor.

17 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Goshen360(m): 12:55am On May 10, 2013
Great thread!

Ministry is all about serving the people, in this case, not only Christians. The more I look into the mirror of the word and see our Lord Jesus Christ in ministry and compare with what we have today, I weep in my heart. Trust me, God is busy raising men and woman for true ministry. Shepherds that will feed the sheep with the truth of the word and also feed them in material things. What I say is, if we can't see the ministry of Jesus practiced in many of our churches, then we need to return to the true ministry of Jesus of the gospel accounts.

6 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by chuose: 3:02am On May 10, 2013
Many Nigeria Pastors join freemasonry to make money.

Like this one http://emperorundertheking..co.uk/2013/04/pastor-of-abounding-love-is-freemason.html
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Candour(m): 9:24am On May 10, 2013
You're so on point PastorKun.

The commercialization of the church is nothing to be proud of and millions continue to be deceived and fleeced on a daily basis.Its a very sad commentary.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 10:27am On May 10, 2013
What baffles me most is that when people have been given the truth that will set them free, instead of them to embrace it, they ignore it. Most of these pastors arent really of God which shows why they are so prosperous, not to say that God doesnt bless. If 75percent of the wealth of the church can be spent on those outside its walls, am telling you- a huge manifestation of the holyspirit will be experienced. But such wont happen in as much as the church cant spend on its members.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by PastorKun(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2013
The level to which the institutional church today has denigrated to is really appalling. There is little or no semblance to the churches established by the apostles, infact the only thing in common I see is that the modern church still uses the name of Jesus though in some churches members defer more to their mog than Jesus himself. The church today is really in a very very bad state. sad

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 11:49am On May 10, 2013
The worst part is that members and some posts holders in the church all think they are doing the right thing. Its only a select few(inner circle) that know how blinded these people are. These inner circle know clearly that the agenda of christ arent their's so such a place shouldnt be called church. May God remove the blindfold from the eyes of our brethren that have been termed sheeples.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 11:50am On May 10, 2013
Nice article !

2 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by PastorKun(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2013
frosbel: Nice article !

Welcome back sir.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by truthislight: 2:27pm On May 10, 2013
frosbel: Nice article !

Frobel, how far? you have been missing in action.

Hope we will see more of you.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 10, 2013
True, true. I attended a "church" once, it ran a bible "institute". One pastor(associate pastor) took us a course and shared an experience: he gets to church latest 6am on a typical sunday and gets home about 12hours later. He gets home to meet a crowd outside his house, he gets closer and realises it's members of a church sub-unit he oversees, there's a problem, the police have been involved.
Anyway, this "pastor" says he wished he had known earlier about the ambush, he would not have gone home, he needed to "rest". But these people pay their tithe to his principal, a tenth of their livelihoods, Mr. Pastor is unconcerned. According to him, all christians should be able to handle their business without disturbing the "church".

2 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Welcome back sir.

Thanks Pastor Kun, was a pleasure.

Speak soon.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 10, 2013
truthislight:

Frobel, how far? you have been missing in action.

Hope we will see more of you.

Peace

Hi Bro, I am around , not to worry. smiley

Hope all is well.

God Bless.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by truthislight: 12:57am On May 11, 2013
frosbel:

Hi Bro, I am around , not to worry. smiley

Hope all is well.

God Bless.

Yap, we are good, but we have been missing your inputs.

https://www.nairaland.com/1276972/hello-every-one-one-seen
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 11, 2013
NO SUCH THING AS A REAL PASTOR
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Bonapart(m): 3:01pm On May 11, 2013
Meaningless
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by esere826: 3:02pm On May 11, 2013
@pastor kun

Someone once told me that the thing you feel most angry about
is most likely your calling

The ball is in your court
its about time u jump into big time sacrificial ministry
and live us in small nairaland to the love of flashy jet riding and tithe taking pastors

God be with ye

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Anthiga(m): 3:04pm On May 11, 2013
[quote author=Pastor Kun]

3 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by cytellProperty: 3:07pm On May 11, 2013
You are not God to determine the criteria for whom a real pastor is. It is not in your jurisdiction. Not at all
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by 50calibre(m): 3:08pm On May 11, 2013
There is only one real pastor in Nigeria who follows the teaching of Christ to the last, and the man's name is - PASTOR W.F KUMUYI. The rest are only concerned with material wealth and what they can extort from their congregation.

7 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin

Don't you just love Christians?

The Holy spirit was supposed to be a comforter, these days it seems he's a CONFUSER...

cool

The prosperity Gospel.. because by your tithes, you'll be made rich..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/749780_The_New_Jesus_jpg6b86726e571d5919d108f07f1f5016c7
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Afam4eva(m): 3:12pm On May 11, 2013
This is really a sad commentary on what Christianity has become. Even looking at the people who brought Christianity to Nigeria, you would see a people who were serving through the people. A lot of Nigerians became educated through the Godly works of the missionaries. Today what we havec are business pastors who want to maximize profit and live like other billionaires while their so-called flock live in penury. Despite all that has been said about TB Joshua negatively, he's one of the few men of God in deeds. I even saw him carrying a bag of garri on his head to give the poor yet other pastors cannot even humble themselves like this man. They'll rather sit pretty and comfy in their air-conditioned offices, signing checks and ignoring the most important facets of Christianity. They build schools that their average member cannot afford to send their kids. Can't they borrow a leaf from the catholic church and Brigham young.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by teejay2003: 3:13pm On May 11, 2013
I think there should be a law concerning this issue. Because many have been deceived th rough these dubious means grin.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 11, 2013
50calibre: There is only one real pastor in Nigeria who follows the teaching of Christ to the last, and the man's name is - PASTOR W.F KUMUYI. The rest are only concerned with material wealth and what they can extort from their congregation.

It's not your place to categorically state who is and isn't a true man of God.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by cytellProperty: 3:16pm On May 11, 2013
You certainly dont know what you are saying. There is nothing like a real Pastor, even Pastor Kumuyi would not say what you are saying.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by ChrisGnarly: 3:16pm On May 11, 2013
the road that lead to life is so narrow that few go 2tru it, while d other is opposite. thats y d bible say that we shld folow that narrow way that leads to life. those men of God u ar talking about ar not been noticed, people dont want to hear from them cos they speak bt d truth, bt if u want truly to know them u will. d world listen to what they wants to hear.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 11, 2013
The only real pastors were the 12 apostles and Paul.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by oluagness(m): 3:20pm On May 11, 2013
everybody is supporting this thread, if tomorrow come u will empty your pause with one prophecy
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by steffans(m): 3:21pm On May 11, 2013
D Real pastors are in COCIN,ECWA, BAPTIST.... And oda Orthodox denominations!!!

#sorry I didn't read d whole article

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Ebelenna Chukwu Claims To 'Turn Water To Wine' (video) / Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? / Pentecostal Holiness Church Collapses In South Africa, Kills 13 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.