Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Where Are All The Real Pastors? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are All The Real Pastors? (16020 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by sureteeboy(m): 8:42pm On May 11, 2013
50calibre: There is only one real pastor in Nigeria who follows the teaching of Christ to the last, and the man's name is - PASTOR W.F KUMUYI. The rest are only concerned with material wealth and what they can extort from their congregation.

1000000000000000000 likes for this post. Count the zeros and tell me the number
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by mollie12: 8:48pm On May 11, 2013
Greetings to everyone on this thread.

Sorry to sound a bit antagonistic but I think this discourse on what's wrong with the church today is getting a bit tired.

I used to be on this side of the fence until a while ago when I got round to sincerely ask myself this question: is this what God called you to do? Is this the Father's business that we should be engaging ourselves with? Is my priority tearing down Satan's kingdom or building Christ's? You might say Christians should do both but I'm sorry no - both take up a lot of energy, you have to keep your focus on only one. The devil is a skilled deceiver - for every secret/strategy of his you expose he has created 20 others to replace it, so you'll just end up wearing yourself out that way. The real solution is to shine the light of God's truth - when people have the Truth as the reference point they will be able to discern every lie they come across.

Many times we find ourselves so encumbered and even enamoured with ALL that is wrong with the church, and we forget WHAT is right with the church. And just like the Nigerian situation, the danger of immersing yourself with information of only what is bad paralyses you from thinking of real solutions to the problem. You find out that you've made a career out of it and are unable to do anything else. That's what we have in Nigeria today. We have MANY Problem Detectors, and very few Solution Providers.

True, we must point out the evils in the church world so that people will see and learn. Ephesians 5:11 tells us to have nothing to do with unfruitful works of darkness, but instead rebuke (reprove) them. But let's be realistic here. Is it the churchgoer who sees his pastor as god and the ultimate authority that will be instructed by the things we put out here? All the person will do is get offended and rail curses at you for touching "God's anointed". It's really only those that have seen the truth previously for themselves that can say 'Amen' or 'Preach it' to the things you post on this thread: I don't think this approach will win you any new converts.

Rather than the approach of beating down pastors and church leaders for their wrong practices, why not share the true practices and encourage people to practice them and see the fruit it yields in their lives? Our Lord Jesus said its the truth that makes free - its not the constant reminders or revelation/expose of the false that will do that. Let's prayerfully try that out and I'm sure we will reap wonderful fruits to the glory of God. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Oritna94(m): 9:01pm On May 11, 2013
But all these happenings were predicted in the scriptures.Men have falling from the truth.this falling away is called the great apostasy.The good news is that the true church has been restored again on earth.That church is the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints..Before u guys enter me,let me say this :Investigate the church with an open mind and u will come to know the for ur selves.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by besthope09: 9:41pm On May 11, 2013
HOW TO RAISE MONEY FOR YOUR BUSINESS

If you have a GOOD BUSINESS IDEA and looking for MONEY urgently to finance it, especially now that Commercial Banks are not willing to help, this MANUAL GUIDE will explain to you how you can get the AMOUNT YOU NEED,
...even if you have no collateral to pledge

This incredible manual will provide you with the names and location addresses of all the NGOs, Institutions and Agencies that can help you with SMALL BUSINESS LOANS in Nigeria.

The manual will also put you through EVERYTHING you need to know….and do…if you want to benefit in any SMALL BUSINESS LOAN ASSISTANCE…here in Nigeria.

TEXT YOUR Name, Email Add, Location to 08098555429
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by mollie12: 10:23pm On May 11, 2013
Oritna94: But all these happenings were predicted in the scriptures.Men have falling from the truth.this falling away is called the great apostasy.The good news is that the true church has been restored again on earth.That church is the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints..Before u guys enter me,let me say this :Investigate the church with an open mind and u will come to know the for ur selves.

No need sir. That's just telling us to jump from frying pan to fire.

A church that has too many freemasonry ties for comfort and that does not believe the bible is the final authority. We'll pass sir. There is no need to reinvent the church: Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 11, 2013
Matt.23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint, and anise, and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy, and faith: these ye ought to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides! which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
Here we have the only occasion in the New Testament where Our Lord tells anyone to pay tithes. Those who teach that Christians must pay tithes refer to this verse as the proof that Our Lord Jesus Christ established the continuance of the Mosaic Law of Tithing for His Church. These modern TITHE-TEACHERS then go on to define TITHING for their congregations: 10% of everything you get.
These TITHE-TEACHERS are liars. The following facts will be established in this article.

The Mosaic Law of Tithing was never 10% of everything you get.
The Temple (now considered to be the church-house) did not receive all of the tithes that were given by the Israelites.
Tithing was neither commanded nor observed in the early church.
Tithing as a covenant of prosperity is effective only for those who seek to be justified by the Law.
Those who demand 10% of everything you get, are identified with the Scribes and the Pharisees, who were the historic enemies of Christ.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by ifihearam: 11:22pm On May 11, 2013
50calibre:

No it's in my place to state because even the bible says, by their fruits, we shall know them.

Mumu
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by james1(m): 11:24pm On May 11, 2013
Where the real pastors at?
Let's look up to Jesus,first born of creation....the bible reports;Jesus WENT ABOUT DOING GOOD!
SHOULD ANY PASTOR FALL SHORT OF THE LIFE STYLE,TEACHING AND COMPORTMENT OF JESUS THEN AM AFRAID THEY REPRESENT THEMSELVES!

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 12:02am On May 12, 2013
These days real men of God are not necessarily the most popular

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Goshen360(m): 12:06am On May 12, 2013
james1: Where the real pastors at?
Let's look up to Jesus,first born of creation....the bible reports;Jesus WENT ABOUT DOING GOOD!
SHOULD ANY PASTOR FALL SHORT OF THE LIFE STYLE,TEACHING AND COMPORTMENT OF JESUS THEN AM AFRAID THEY REPRESENT THEMSELVES!

aba2aba: These days real men of God are not necessarily the most popular

The blessings of the Lord is on both of you & your family.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by edgideon(m): 12:08am On May 12, 2013
www.jw.org might answer r ?
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by edgideon(m): 12:10am On May 12, 2013
www.jw.org might answer ur?
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by hikmoj(m): 12:16am On May 12, 2013
JudismphD: Same goes for Alfa and islamic cleric selling black soap to prevent ill luck to swindle gullible Pple.
did u fall a victim b4?
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by luluosas(m): 7:01am On May 12, 2013
There's nothing like a real pastor. The appropriate word would have been a True Shepherd.
Jesus as our perfect example have taught us enough of how to shepherd the flock but, it is a pity today that, those who are supposed to be our shepherds are actually our butchers. They care less of the welfare of sheep, abandoning them in cold, while flying around in their hummer jeeps, private jets and fencing their houses from the reach of the ordinary sheep in their congregations.
Truth have varnished from the church with the teaching and method of prosperity replacing it. You go to church and you will never hear a pastor preaching on indecent dressing, the doom of sinners, repentance, fear of God etc but, you will see these same pastors collecting 5 times offering under whatever guise.
May God help us today.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by REVOLUTNIS: 7:06am On May 12, 2013
edgideon: www.jw.org might answer ur?
why will the Jehovah’s Witnesses not contribute when the Alfa, babalawo, witchdoctors, cultist, islamic magicians and freethinkers are contributing.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Originalsly: 7:10am On May 12, 2013
cytell Property: You are not God to determine the criteria for whom a real pastor is. It is not in your jurisdiction. Not at all
The OP is not determining/judging.Didn't the Bible say that not every man that open his mouth and speak of God is of God? Did the Bible not say that there will be wolves in sheep's clothing? Didn't the Bible say that you must try to discern/determine Who is of God and who is not? Any so called MOG living a life of luxury while his flock is living in poverty is a fraudster and is not of God...anyone with his eyes open should discern this...not judge..discern/determine. To say he is going to hell is passing judgement....which is not in our jurisdiction. "You can bring the horse to the water but you can't make him drink it"

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by luluosas(m): 7:11am On May 12, 2013
laylow001: Matt.23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint, and anise, and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy, and faith: these ye ought to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides! which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
Here we have the only occasion in the New Testament where Our Lord tells anyone to pay tithes. Those who teach that Christians must pay tithes refer to this verse as the proof that Our Lord Jesus Christ established the continuance of the Mosaic Law of Tithing for His Church. These modern TITHE-TEACHERS then go on to define TITHING for their congregations: 10% of everything you get.
These TITHE-TEACHERS are liars. The following facts will be established in this article.

The Mosaic Law of Tithing was never 10% of everything you get.
The Temple (now considered to be the church-house) did not receive all of the tithes that were given by the Israelites.
Tithing was neither commanded nor observed in the early church.
Tithing as a covenant of prosperity is effective only for those who seek to be justified by the Law.
Those who demand 10% of everything you get, are identified with the Scribes and the Pharisees, who were the historic enemies of Christ.
Is this not a diversion from the original purpose of this thread?
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by deelobe: 7:19am On May 12, 2013
My brothers and sisters the bible says we should work out our salvation with fear and trembling. I am a pastor. Indeed apastor is a shepherd he is not God. Many Christians are now involved in pastor worship not God worship. You cannot do anything unless the pastor tells you go ahead. What happened to listening to the Spirit of God. The Bible says in John 2, that we have an unction from the holy one and that we know all things. Many Christians are too lzy to pray. They would rather sow seeds. A seed will solve anything they say. That is not true.

I was in a ministry for over twenty something years of my christian and pastoral life but I ran because of the money issues, moral decadence. We have choices as Christians. You can stay in the mess some pastors have created or rise and put your walk in order

And as to your question. Are there real pastors. Yes they are. The Lord will never His children without help. He said I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not rise Against it. Elijah during the reign of ahab said Lord am the only prophet who has bowed to Satan. God told him I have one thousand and one prophets who have not succumb.. There are still many God fearing pastors pray for God to open your eyes to see them.

Lastly, let us keep praying for Pastors. Where I was they started well but something crept in along the line and they bowed to mammonism so now they are ensured by the list of the flesh, pride of life.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by deelobe: 7:20am On May 12, 2013
double post
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by deelobe: 7:36am On May 12, 2013
double post
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by deelobe: 7:36am On May 12, 2013
My brothers and sisters the bible says we should work out our salvation with fear and trembling. I am a pastor. Indeed apastor is a shepherd he is not God. Many Christians are now involved in pastor worship not God worship. You cannot do anything unless the pastor tells you go ahead. What happened to listening to the Spirit of God. The Bible says in John 2, that we have an unction from the holy one and that we know all things. Many Christians are too lzy to pray. They would rather sow seeds. A seed will solve anything they say. That is not true.

I was in a ministry for over twenty something years of my christian and pastoral life but I ran because of the money issues, moral decadence. We have choices as Christians. You can stay in the mess some pastors have created or rise and put your walk in order

And as to your question. Are there real pastors. Yes they are. The Lord will never His children without help. He said I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not rise Against it. Elijah during the reign of ahab said Lord am the only prophet who has bowed to Satan. God told him I have one thousand and one prophets who have not succumb.. There are still many God fearing pastors pray for God to open your eyes to see them.

Lastly, let us keep praying for Pastors. Where I was they started well but something crept in along the line and they bowed to mammonism so now they are ensured by the list of the flesh, pride of life.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by deelobe: 7:38am On May 12, 2013
double post
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by deelobe: 7:39am On May 12, 2013
double post
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by deelobe: 7:39am On May 12, 2013
double post
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by deelobe: 7:40am On May 12, 2013
double post
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by teniyi(m): 8:22am On May 12, 2013
We still have Rev King in Prison, also TB Joshua another good Pastor. Lol
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by GoodSamaritan: 9:06am On May 12, 2013
Your problem is ignorance, and nothing but ignorance.

The Bible says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6).

Pastor Kun, kindly show us one verse in the Bible where God says that He will spread the gospel all over the world through poverty. Secondly, show us how this thread can win souls to Christ.

Pastor Kun, if you can't find any scriptural verse like that, please apologize to us for raising this controversial thread, and beg God for forgiveness.

We're waiting...
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by nora544: 9:22am On May 12, 2013
I am not a nigerian, i am christian. I speak with many people from nigeria and i have many friends from nigeria and we speak also about what happen at the moment in nigeria.

When i hear from all this so called "man of god" and when i see how they live and what they make with there followers it has nothing to do with religion.

I will tell you a story and it happen for real, there was a nigerian guy he is muslim and in his area is also a christian pastor and when this christian pastor hear that he is prepairing his papers to leave the contry every time when he see him he tell him i will pray for you when you give me 2.000 Naira, that all will work fine for you. Why he need money that he can pry for him, this pastor has 3 cars. They guy told me he was realy very angry with him that he didnot make what he want.

This is not the only story i hear, why they need money that they can pray. I always hear i will pray for you but you have to pay. I will pray and fast for you, that i can make this i need money. I will come to your house that your marriage is blessed with a kid, but i need money........... When i belive in Jesus than i can pray to him that all work out fine and i need no so called man of good that he make this for me.

What will happen when all the christian pray for themself and didnot give any Kobo to this so called man of god, when they sit at home on sunday and pray at home in there family what will happen, because Jeasus say "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." so they can pray at home and read together the bible and this so called man of god will sit alone in there churches, that is civil disobedience.

All this so called man of good are very close to the goverment, so they will never say something against the goverment, the only thing they say pray for nigeria that is all, because they don't want to have problem with the goverment because they don't want to live like 80% of the people in nigeria.

I know Martin Luther King, what he make for the black in america, why this is not possible in nigeria that this so called man of god can make the same.

Sometimes i have the feeling that god know why he makes this with nigeria, why the prayer for nigeria didnot work because there are no real man of god in nigeria.

In the modern days the only person i can say is a real woman of god is mother theresa she show us what is a real woman of god.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 9:31am On May 12, 2013
The only pastors I belive in is REV. S.O OLUBIYO the founder of truimphant christain church located @ ogba near guiness in ikeja and pastor WF kumuyi those are the pastor dat wud tell me sumtin and I wud belive
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 9:35am On May 12, 2013
Buht on a natural ground....forget weda u are paying tithe or offering so far the money is cuming awt from ur pocket and u are giving willingly wit joy in ur heart dat money will cum back 2 u 100folds #givers never lack #wether pastor eat the money ooo dats not ur business buh d fact remains dat u are already blessed tru dat giving
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by deelobe: 10:12am On May 12, 2013

And per your question. Are there real pastors. Yes they are. The Lord will never His children without help. He said I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not rise Against it. Elijah during the reign of ahab said Lord am the only prophet who has bowed to Satan. God told him I have one thousand and one prophets who have not succumb.. There are still many God fearing pastors pray for God to open your eyes to see them.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by deelobe: 10:12am On May 12, 2013

And per your question. Are there real pastors. Yes they are. The Lord will never His children without help. He said I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not rise Against it. Elijah during the reign of ahab said Lord am the only prophet who has bowed to Satan. God told him I have one thousand and one prophets who have not succumb.. There are still many God fearing pastors pray for God to open your eyes to see them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Ebelenna Chukwu Claims To 'Turn Water To Wine' (video) / Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? / Pentecostal Holiness Church Collapses In South Africa, Kills 13 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.