Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,959 members, 7,803,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them (34523 Views)

Buhari More Interested In Humiliating Our Members - PDP Cries Out / Soldiers Raped Our Members Before Killing Them – Shiite Women / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by LocalChamp: 9:19pm On May 09, 2013
Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Nine Members Before We Killed 95 Of Them
Posted: May 9, 2013 - 19:43

Posted by siteadmin

By SaharaReporters, New York

A man who admits to be an Ombatse traditional religionist in Nassarawa State has told SaharaReporters their group killed 95 policemen today, nearly four times the 23 the police have admitted.

Earlier, Abayomi Akeremale, the State Police Commissioner, said, "The Ombatse gunmen opened fire on our men, killing 23 and burning them," Nassarawa state police chief said, adding that 17 officers remain missing.

Akeremale said the security forces decided to arrest some Ombatse leaders after they receive reports they were embarking on forced conversions in the village of Elakyo, near Lafia, the Nassarawa capital.

Speaking through an interpreter on the phone, the traditional religionist denied shooting at the policemen, saying his groupresponded only with machetes and knives, not bullets, and only after the police had killed nine of their members.

Denying that they have been committing force conversions in mosques and churches, he said the policemen arrived in 12 patrol trucks and opened fire on his group.

“We were in our place performing our rites, when our members alerted us that police may come for our father and leader,” he said. “Suddenly that day, the armed police came with guns and we say what happened? They did not answer us but started spraying teargas on us and killed nine of our members. In return for self defence we killed 95 of them, we have no guns it was machetes that we used in defending ourselves and eventually killed them. There is nothing like gun attacks.”

On attacking mosques and churches, the sect member, first pointing out he has not been instructed to speak, denied the reports.

“We don’t do that,” he told our reporter. “Our group is serious about morality, we are against liquor and don’t harbour it, no sleeping with men and no stealing. We are on our own seeking protection for our own people, and the police just entered us.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/ombatse-traditionalists-police-killed-our-nine-members-we-killed-95-them
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by wawaboy1(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2013
his groupresponded only with machetes and knives, not bullets, and only after the police had killed nine of their members.

ODESHI

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Clerverly: 11:09pm On May 09, 2013
Our group is serious about morality
Imagine!!! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by RECO: 11:10pm On May 09, 2013
MARKET

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by supaeagles(m): 11:10pm On May 09, 2013
Goodness me, our Naija peeps killing each other like chickens.......sad indeed......no value for human life.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 09, 2013
What do they derives from fighting and killing?

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by okoraforaboy: 11:11pm On May 09, 2013
please,how can i post a new topic on nairaland? make una help me oooo!! am ready to pay any amount to whoever teaches me how to do this.ndewo
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by RoyalRoy(m): 11:13pm On May 09, 2013
Now the land is lawless and has no rules.
welcome to the beginning of the end.

3 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by JUO(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2013
hum. police you shoot person e no enter u no go run?

8 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Alxmyr(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2013
okorafor aboy: please,how can i post a new topic on nairaland? make una help me oooo!! am ready to pay any amount to whoever teaches me how to do this.ndewo

Fifteen thousand cowries will do. Deal?

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by fallingsky(m): 11:17pm On May 09, 2013
Na wa oh. Naija.....
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Abagworo(m): 11:17pm On May 09, 2013
So we now have Traditional religion extremists. Triple wahala.

15 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Fishout(m): 11:18pm On May 09, 2013
Na humanbeing u idiots dey kill like dat.what are saying self?may be somebody should help me analysis it very well.he he he e e ee e e e e.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by timpaker(m): 11:21pm On May 09, 2013

Nigeria.....what a lawless state!

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by isaco(m): 11:23pm On May 09, 2013
How is it possible for teargas to kill 9 ppl. Uhnnmm

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by WIZGUY69(m): 11:24pm On May 09, 2013
MEHN!! TROUBLE DEY OOOOOO... SO WE STILL GET DESE TYPE OF PPLE 4 WE NAIJA!! AS IF POLICE DON KNW WETIN GO HAPEN SEF...DATS Y DEY MOVE IN CONVOY!!

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by igbsam(m): 11:25pm On May 09, 2013
Ol Boi....so jazz dey block AK 47 bullets ? Omo men.....Juju dey o shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by mbhs139(m): 11:25pm On May 09, 2013
This is not a joking matter, believe me. 95 police men?! is this another BH in the making? I tell you, it appears the amnesty given to the ND boys and the continued sustenance in the name of rehabilitation, coupled with the planned amnesty and compensation for BH is an incentives for other groups to spring up. This is how BH started, attacking police and their station. Before you know it now, this ones too will start crying for amnesty. And if you think amnesty has not been given to the yoruba group not to raise their own millitants too, then find out what causes quarrel between Fredrick Fasehun and Gani Adams recently
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by idupaul: 11:29pm On May 09, 2013
TearGas Killed 9 of them but 11 trucks of kalashnikov wielding policemen couldn't kill them

4 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Eazeee(m): 11:29pm On May 09, 2013
Some of us that know these places can vouch that their is notin like d attack of mosques n churches as claimed by d Governor but rather dey hav been countering fulani attacks on eggon farmers which eventually led 2 d attack of d governors village when d fulani were traced down there by them. Dont 4get d governors elder broder been d village head escaped narrowly 4rom them. Hence d trap in which they hav fallen into n now d military hav a new job 2 do which is exactly d wish of d governor

14 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Johnnoah1st: 11:32pm On May 09, 2013
yeepa!!! omo see triple gobe for nigeria, so this people killed a whole over 90 human beings and yet they were proud to speak it out, so if jonathan order the army killer squard to destroy both living and non living things in that town they we say jonathan is wicked.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by okoraforaboy: 11:33pm On May 09, 2013
Alxmyr:

Fifteen thousand cowries will do. Deal?
and,how am i gonna pay u?
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 09, 2013
95 + 9 human souls (sons, fathers, bread winners, husbands) at a go?

Oh my world.

Will we ever know the truth?

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by orelove4liff: 11:36pm On May 09, 2013
Police killed 9 of u and u killed 95 of dem to teach dem more dan enof lesson ryt? Is nigeria police rili a force? 9 ratio 95.police FORCE indeed.wot nigeria police is gud at is d case of whoeva steal phones.95% of nigeria policemen shld go back to trainin schl.anyway,may their souls rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 09, 2013
I strongly believe the Governor should be held responsible for the waste of human resources. I find some posts here very instructive. But were the police not armed? Could African magic have played any role?

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by mekaboy(m): 11:44pm On May 09, 2013
Chaiiiii, abeg make them no provoke this group wey kill 95 policemen with machete and police kill only 9 of them. If this people begin show them self boko haram and ND militants go be childs play oo.
And they kill all these police men and they cld not even get to their oga at the top.

If the boys kill 95 police, wetin oga at the top go do?

IHENEMEKWA!

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 09, 2013
[quote
author=Eazee-e]Some of us that know these places can vouch that their
is notin like d attack of mosques n churches as claimed by d Governor
but rather dey hav been countering fulani attacks on eggon farmers which
eventually led 2 d attack of d governors village when d fulani were
traced down there by them. Dont 4get d governors elder broder been d
village head escaped narrowly 4rom them. Hence d trap in which they hav
fallen into n now d military hav a new job 2 do which is exactly d wish
of d governor[/quote]

Thanks for ur mind blowing information. Many Nigerians dont know how crude our Governors are. I strongly believe ur story.

6 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by flyforall: 11:49pm On May 09, 2013
police better say the truth on how many cops died
Do we now have 40 widows or 95 widows?
what a shame? over 90 kids will end up in the streets
When will the killings end?
OGA JONAH your administration don kill people sha

4 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by sammmiey1: 11:58pm On May 09, 2013
Bet why?
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Gombs(m): 12:04am On May 10, 2013
flyforall: police better say the truth on how many cops died
Do we now have 40 widows or 95 widows?
what a shame? over 90 kids will end up in the streets
When will the killings end?
OGA JONAH your administration don kill people sha

I wanted to say you are stoopid, but then I read tru d rules n decided not to call you stoopid

Wen d policemen went for massacre, did GEJ send em?do you knw who's the Chief Security officer of a state?

Dem policemen no knw wetin be 'rules of engagement'?

Aw did you reach 40/ 95 widows? Were the 40/95 policemen all married with kids?

Aw did you reach over 9okids sef?

I blame free MBs wey eti or mtn or hairtel dey dash u

9 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:06am On May 10, 2013
ok this is ludicrous and unbelievable.

just look at the points below:

A bunch of gun-wielding policemen storm a Traditionalist shrine and try to desecrate it.

The charges against the Traditionalists are forced conversion in mosques AND churches . (can you bliv that?)

The POlicemen are armed with machine guns , bullet-proof trucks,etc.

Traditionalists are armed with machetes and knives .

Police kill 9 of them.

Traditionalist Pagans kill 95 Policemen ! (the size of a small Army)

There are only 2 possibilities:

Either the police were roaming around blindfolded in the shrine.

Or

The Gods of the Shrine struck 95 of them down with thunder.

*smh

anyways sha, people should stop harrasing the Eggon peoples. They are actually a very peaceful people.

31 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Marineetyon(m): 12:06am On May 10, 2013
Amnesty things [color=#006600][/color] grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Is The Judas Iscariot Of Nigeria By Dr. Wumi Akintide / No Grazing Routes In Bayelsa, Governor Douye Diri Replies Buhari / Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.