Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,328 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? (34876 Views)

Reasons Why Infinix Will Soon Take over Tecno In Nigeria. / Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World / United Kingdom Places Ban On HTC, What If They Ban Tecno In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Jeffy1206(m): 7:32am On May 10, 2013
Well it has not been news dat tecno has risen to another level with their android phones in the market.
A case study of Nairaland where we have a lot of fans of tecno (as of now) considering the trending topics on tecno.
However, many people are so ashamed to carry the phone why? Because we mistake all tecno to be the same? However i shud tell u companies like Sammy, nokia has produced some 'laughable' low end phones in the past yet we still love them!
finally, have we now to say that tecno is now tecyes in Nigeria?
NB. pls let this thread be for enlightment for people who are ashamed of carrying a tecno fone. Just to remind you am njoying ma Q1 now oo...

9 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Jeffy1206(m): 7:34am On May 10, 2013
@mods, am sugesting you put this topic on front page or what do think? tanx mods for making dis topic on front page...

1 Like

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by bigt2(m): 8:02am On May 10, 2013
The techno droids are good except those without 3g. Android is the current generation of the mobile o.s; i can forsee a competitor here-windows 8. This is because windows 8 phones are set to be released soon by nokia soon. We all know that nokia has the best functionality, but windows mobile the worst o.s.(sorry to say). If windows takes their o.s to the next level, i fear but a little for android. The reason is that google have over the little time frame released 8 updates to their software (Cupcake, Donut, Éclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean) and the patches to compete with windows mobile are great.

Techno are no doubt making these toys cheap! Thumbs up for them!!! cool

4 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Jeffy1206(m): 11:49am On May 10, 2013
big-t:
The techno droids are good except those without 3g. Android is the current generation of the mobile o.s; i can forsee a competitor here-windows 8. This is because windows 8 phones are set to be released soon by nokia soon. We all know that nokia has the best functionality, but windows mobile the worst o.s.(sorry to say). If windows takes their o.s to the next level, i fear but a little for android. The reason is that google have over the little time frame released 8 updates to their software (Cupcake, Donut, Éclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean) and the patches to compete with windows mobile are great.

exactly! but dont u think dere are beta of nokia asha brands dat cut our neck for such a dumb fone?
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 10, 2013
i also heard tecno is planning to open a plant in nigeria. people need to be aware that tecno is not a china phone. it lasts like every other phone and with great quality features. i use tecno and am not ashamed of carrying it around. i bought my tecno around 28000 which is more expensive than some blackberries

7 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Jeffy1206(m): 2:22pm On May 10, 2013
9jadelta: i also heard tecno is planning to open a plant in nigeria. people need to be aware that tecno is not a china phone. it lasts like every other phone and with great quality features. i use tecno and am not ashamed of carrying it around. i bought my tecno around 28000 which is more expensive than some blackberries
agree with you there.And this is what the thread is all about. Tecno has upgrade to de next level so, it's tym we stopped seeing them as an ordinary chinese fone.
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by bigt2(m): 5:54pm On May 10, 2013
Jeffy1206: exactly! but dont u think dere are beta of nokia asha brands dat cut our neck for such a dumb fone?
i can see nothing dumb in android, neither is any big deal in asha or lumia considering software functionability!
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by jedisco(m): 7:46pm On May 10, 2013
big-t:

You really are a confused bloke

3 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by bigt2(m): 9:59pm On May 10, 2013
jedisco:

You really are a confused bloke
establish your points.....

1 Like

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by jedisco(m): 5:45am On May 11, 2013
big-t:

establish your points.....

How exactly is windows the worst mobile os
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Jeffy1206(m): 7:06am On May 11, 2013
jedisco:

i wonder o!! and de lumia 920 is really doin well in de market.
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by lordspiritual(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2013
9jadelta: people need to be aware that tecno is not a china phone.
then what is it, AMERICAN?

2 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by bigt2(m): 10:54pm On May 11, 2013
jedisco:

im sure those lumia phones are the first windows mobile os uve ever got ur hands on :\. However, those are the phones i took its os as a threat for android. It can be a major threat 'if' affordable to all like android!! wink
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by donlyone(m): 1:39pm On May 12, 2013
@ 9jadelta, why are you saying that Tecno is not a China phone, in fact na pure CHINCO, but that takes nothing from the fact that its a good brand offering alot a features for a 'small' price.

As long as your phone does what you expect from it, its a good phone.

Below is a phone I used for two years before Tecno was popular, You should have seen me, I used it with pride. But thankfully, I've moved up to Samsung S Series.

4 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by jedisco(m): 2:44pm On May 12, 2013
big-t:
im sure those lumia phones are the first windows mobile os uve ever got ur hands on :\. However, those are the phones i took its os as a threat for android. It can be a major threat 'if' affordable to all like android!! wink

Well Nokia is not interested in giving you the typical 13,500 crap.
They have the Asha series for the low-end.

FYI, I don't use a windows phone but I would pick any WP8 phone over any Tecno phone out there.
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Jeffy1206(m): 3:03pm On May 12, 2013
jedisco:

Well Nokia is not interested in giving you the typical 13,500 crap.
They have the Asha series for the low-end.

FYI, I don't use a windows phone but I would pick any WP8 phone over any Tecno phone out there.
the fact is that,nokia picked the wrong os for deir lumias. I swear if it was an android os no other smartphone wud compete in tym with dem.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Jeffy1206(m): 3:07pm On May 12, 2013
it is beta we note that Tecno is chinese product but not an ordinary chinese fones. most of the fones we use 2day are mostly made frm china period!!!

4 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by dridowu: 4:32pm On May 12, 2013
Tecno or No Tecno , my Nokia C2-00 has come to stay on Nairaland
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 12, 2013
I enter danfo , another Babe enter , siddon near me ,

My blackberry curve 1 com ring, as I answer the call finish, the nnwa Baby come bring out her rubbish bold 5 wey dey hang,
as she dey try use her pinging oppress me, na so I jazz out my tecno, she come put film for her bold 5, as she dey watch , na so my nwa Baby come call me for my tecno n3, as I swipe to answer the call, I notice say the nwa Baby dey look my screen like film, for my screen, the phone write 'Tweety calling'calling' after the call, I come open my whatsapp to send my baby message , as I type 'how's na so my TouchPal add 'are you doing love? '

The nwa Baby surprise, she still compose, then I come open my ttpod, I purposely go select 'what makes a man' by westlife, as the song dey play, the lyrics come dey show, na so the Baby abandon her film dey follow me sing to my lyrics, I pretend like say, I no hear.

Na so I come open angry bird, , the Babe dey move her head like say na her head dey the catapult for the game,

After a while, I come open sybla TV to check match, as I watch small, I come tune to mbc 2, seriously , the Babe no know when she say 'hi'.
Her power just finish, her formings floor, as she say what phone is that , na so I tell her, tecno n3, just 13,500. Only wise people understand .

She come collect Bros number, the next day she call me to send apk for her!

160 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 12, 2013
chinko or Tinko ooo....i like am like dat....

3 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 12, 2013
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 12, 2013
How much is now tecno n7?
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by W3xy1(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2013
no regret so far since hav been using my tecno n3
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by gen2briz(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2013
Just waiting for their window phone

1 Like

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by hunri(m): 4:48pm On May 12, 2013
Chinko! Count me out.

1 Like

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Gabrielsylar(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2013
donlyone: @ 9jadelta, why are you saying that Tecno is not a China phone, in fact na pure CHINCO, but that takes nothing from the fact that its a good brand offering alot a features for a 'small' price.

As long as your phone does what you expect from it, its a good phone.

Below is a phone I used for two years before Tecno was popular, You should have seen me, I used it with pride. But thankfully, I've moved up to Samsung S Series.
Is dat a phone or remote control?

1 Like

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Manweysabi(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2013
Tecno is the best chinko fone i have seen so far and it has come to stay cool
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by ochukoccna: 4:53pm On May 12, 2013
TECNO is trying undecided
but Tecno is wack cool
No resale value is one of its biggest minuses
However tagging on to Andriod will help boost their profile
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Phrankin(m): 4:55pm On May 12, 2013
Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by oseiwe(m): 4:59pm On May 12, 2013
@donlyone,
U are violating rule 5. Dat na fone? Blawdy!
Tecno is a big change to d stereotypical "china" dat we all knw. Infact China products don dey vex, esp wen u see d diff types of tablets flyin on android.

1 Like

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by Phrankin(m): 5:03pm On May 12, 2013
Jeffy1206: i wonder o!! and de lumia 920 is really doin well in de market.
did you just say lumia phone? there's a secret code behind that phone. can't you all see it. ok let me prove it.
lu
lumia....lumina....illumina....ILLUMINATI!!!
PLEASE EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM LUMIA PHONES, IN FACT ALL NOKIA PHONES. THEY ARE ILLUMINATI PRODUCTS. BE WARNED!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tecno In Nigeria Has Come To Stay? by venatus25(m): 5:04pm On May 12, 2013
if i may ask, what is special about tecno android compare to nokia phone that have s60v3 or s60v5 Os? Just to let you understand, there is nothing so special in comparing, both of them ping with whatsapp and wechatapp, the only fact is that we welcome new things.
As am typing now, am rocking with my nokia e75, enjoying my lovely symbian and java app, even the android user that is behind me is dying for my phone whenever i play a football game.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Samsung’s Foldable Phone Is The Galaxy Fold, Starting At N714,780 / Glo N5 For 100mb New Internet Tariff? / HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.