Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:32 AM

Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap (25257 Views)

MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined / Best Blackberry Data Plan In Nigeria: Which Network? / Code For Checking Airtel Blackberry Data Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2013
wow!! its true it works! i just tethered my bb on glo bis...currently posting wt it via my laptopgrin
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by lynxnoon(m): 2:48pm On May 13, 2013
k2kay: wow!! its true it works! i just tethered my bb on glo bis...currently posting wt it via my laptopgrin
can u put up screenshots?
cheers
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 3:40pm On May 13, 2013
lynxnoon:
can u put up screenshots?
cheers
Screenshots of bb desktop manager or
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by lynxnoon(m): 4:41pm On May 13, 2013
k2kay:
Screenshots of bb desktop manager or
yeah
and could u try and see if it works directly on a non bb smartfone?
cheers
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by harmless(m): 5:57pm On May 13, 2013
overdrive: Too late I don port go etisalat 1k for 1mnth unlimited data cap and unlimited downloads.
Does etisalat still charge daily access fee of N5, you might need to confirm this and if they do then you are actually paying N2,500 per month and not 1k as you are made to think, so don't get too excited.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by LAZAREY: 6:20pm On May 13, 2013
@harmless, so 5 naira multiply by 30 is 1500 abi? Please teach me how you arrived at 2,500 etisalat rate. Thanks.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by henet: 7:04pm On May 13, 2013
pls guys this etisalat bb plan d work on nokia E5 or pc?
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 13, 2013
k2kay: wow!! its true it works! i just tethered my bb on glo bis...currently posting wt it via my laptopgrin

Yes, it does work. I've been using it for many months now.

Just tried my Etisalat BIS, using the same method, but no show. I wonder if anyone on here knows the correct APN to use to crack the code.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 7:28pm On May 13, 2013
lynxnoon:
yeah
and could u try and see if it works directly on a non bb smartfone?
cheers
No light at the moment the cowardly phcn struck as usual....buh it works....will check if it'll work on my iphone as soon as power is restored....don't wanna remove the sim frm my bb nw cos I'd av to remove the ba3 as well wch I don't want to do nw...buh u'll get ur reply asap.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 7:31pm On May 13, 2013
Unique!:

Yes, it does work. I've been using it for many months now.

Just tried my Etisalat BIS, using the same method, but no show. I wonder if anyone on here knows the correct APN to use to crack the code.
Think all network bis hav a common apn wch is blackberry.net....mine culdnt connect tru bb desktop manager so I used tetherberry
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 7:37pm On May 13, 2013
sleekcm: For those asking of how to use glo bis on pc. Install bb desktop manager on your pc and configure the setting to blackberry.net. Connect and surf. That simple.

Someone should confirm if the data cap has really been upgraded to unlimited. If you subscribed between yesterday and this morning, kindly text STATUS to 777 to check the data balance. Please someone should do this and get back to the house.
Its not unlimited at all, still capped at 3GB

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by FunnyPikincom(m): 7:45pm On May 13, 2013
k2kay:
Think all network bis hav a common apn wch is blackberry.net....mine culdnt connect tru bb desktop manager so I used tetherberry
tetherberyy
is that an apn
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 8:45pm On May 13, 2013
FunnyPikin.com:

tetherberyy
is that an apn
If u don't understand what was written pls feel free to
say so instead of tryin to be funny.......
Read the post slowly!! undecided
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by bigbasho: 10:33pm On May 13, 2013
physise: nt possible

Migrate to infinito social and the deduction stops.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by luluosas(m): 10:40pm On May 13, 2013
k2kay:
Its not unlimited at all, still capped at 3GB
Neither have Glo advertised that it is UNLIMITED
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by luluosas(m): 10:56pm On May 13, 2013
k2kay:
No light at the moment the cowardly phcn struck as usual....buh it works....will check if it'll work on my iphone as soon as power is restored....don't wanna remove the sim frm my bb nw cos I'd av to remove the ba3 as well wch I don't want to do nw...buh u'll get ur reply asap.
Don't bother about it for now as the Glo BB plans are not yet working on non BB devices.
@Non Glo BB users, you will know whenever the Glo BB plans starts to work on non BB devices. To this end, create a new profile on device with APN blackberry.net then, from time to time, be switching your access point to it. Now, anytime you will see the Internet signal displaying on your screen, you can be rest assured, it is live and working.
You can even get to know this even without any subscription at all. So, don't bother about subscribing to test this out or, asking BB users to confirm for now. Thank you.

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by FunnyPikincom(m): 8:40am On May 14, 2013
k2kay:
If u don't understand what was written pls feel free to
say so instead of tryin to be funny.......
Read the post slowly!! undecided
JUST ASKING...KINDLY ANSWER ME SIR
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 1:16pm On May 14, 2013
FunnyPikin.com:

JUST ASKING...KINDLY ANSWER ME SIR
no its not an apn.....
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by nerfetiti: 8:58pm On May 14, 2013
Ucbrowser is not goin on glo......or am I the only one havin these problem....
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by respectment(m): 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
I can't stream youtube on my bold2 now,

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Wadosky(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
12 inches!:

Let me tell you the problem with doing that. In Nigeria, na every tom dick and harry dey use bb. Even the boli seller for corner now dey hold curve 2 and guess what she uses it for? To check facebook, yahoo and ping. Dazall!!! Many bb users are not heavy users except of cause guys like me who represent a small minority. But must people using S3, Iphone 5s, galaxy tabs are all heavy users. Techies to be precise and the kind of apps that exist on android ehn, I swear their network go run down. Imagine having the opportunity of downloading torrents on ur android or streaming live tv. Android get apps I swear and if bis unlimited starts working on android fones, I swear I will port to android str8.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? / Glo Newly Reduced 4.5GB Data Plan Price And It's Useable Both Day And Night. / MTN Announces 7-hour Service Downtime For System Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.