Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding (26267 Views)

Reasons Why Bride Is Happier Than Groom During Wedding Ceremony / A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People / Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by WeddingFever: 1:02pm On May 10, 2013
I would like to know what most women would do if they find out their pregnant. We don't have money to wed as we just graduated from uni and my boyfriend is not settled. His working but i don't have a job for now. Should our parents help us to get married or do you advice us to have our baby and get married later. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by dahmie2013: 1:27pm On May 10, 2013
I think its best u have the baby and postpone the wedding. U're not working, let ur parents use the money 4 d wedding 2 assist u and ur fiancee with the expenses involved with pregnancy. It will be too costly if u do both the wedding and @ the same time in the next few months start having a baby. I guess u're still with ur parents, dey can still assist with d finances, wen u get married, it becomes "Oh God" 4 ur fiancee. #Mytake#

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Kween1: 2:22pm On May 10, 2013
My dear having your baby is the best for now then later you both can decided to tie the nut. i urge you rather wait for your fiancee than allowing your parents to finance the wedding for you finace sake.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 10, 2013
Do court marriage.it doesn't cost a thing.small amt.it will give u peace of mind too.

37 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Geomac: 4:34pm On May 10, 2013
Just go to the registry and seal it if the guy agrees. It is possible that the guy may change after you might have put to bed.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On May 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Do court marriage.it doesn't cost a thing.small amt.it will give u peace of mind too.

Simple. Go to court get married and continue life

No one mandated it that you must spend 9million on wedding

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by sureteeboy(m): 6:50pm On May 10, 2013
Marriage is honorable in all. And the bed undefiled: but whoremongers, and adulterers, God will judge > hebrews 13:4.

According to the bible, You can't have a child outside wedlock. You'll only be facing the wrought of God. The deed has been done already, (I mean the pregnancy).

Pray to God for forgiveness and get married ASAP

28 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by GboyegaD(m): 6:52pm On May 10, 2013
WeddingFever: I would like to know what most women would do if they find out their pregnant. We don't have money to wed as we just graduated from uni and my boyfriend is not settled. His working but i don't have a job for now. Should our parents help us to get married or do you advice us to have our baby and get married later. Thanks a lot.

You guys can do a small engagement involving his and your family of orientation only in your parents house and then go to the registry to make it official. That way, you may not spend up to N20000 since you don't have to impress anyone.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by baby124: 6:53pm On May 10, 2013
Better to marry him sharp sharp if the option dey. because he might not want to marry you after all the pregnancy wahala you may put him through. And its better if the Child is born in wedlock. wink

7 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by dasparrow: 6:54pm On May 10, 2013
WeddingFever: I would like to know what most women would do if they find out their pregnant. We don't have money to wed as we just graduated from uni and my boyfriend is not settled. His working but i don't have a job for now. Should our parents help us to get married or do you advice us to have our baby and get married later. Thanks a lot.

You should have thought about all that before opening your legs and fornicating with someone you are not legally married to. Have you not heard of birth control pills and condom? Anyways, at this point, you and your soon-to-be baby daddy should sit down like two mature adults and think of the way forward. I don't have anything else to tell you.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by alyarmouk(m): 6:57pm On May 10, 2013
there should be a formal introduction between the two families...affirming your union.. and you can carry go till money 4 weddn show...so i did sha and it worked!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 10, 2013
Is it possible to do court wedding before traditional rites? Op i don't know which part of Nigeria you come from but i think you have to do traditional rites first before court wedding. white wedding should be after child birth.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by kenny987(f): 7:00pm On May 10, 2013
Please proceed 2 d marriage registry, wear a lovely, frilly white dress and he a suit and voila! u have wedding pics. U can add a little niece and nephew 2 simulate d little bride and page boy thingy. Also contact ur priest/pastor 2 bless u right there or at ur parent's home during a small/intimate reception and u hav all u want with little expenses incurred! I beg u, don't attempt waiting till after birth, e go worry o!

6 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by alphaconde(m): 7:02pm On May 10, 2013
Am indifferent
Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 10, 2013
dasparrow:

You should have thought about all that before opening your legs and fornicating with someone you are not legally married to. Have you not heard of birth control pills and condom? Anyways, at this point, you and your soon-to-be baby daddy should sit down like two mature adults and think of the way forward. I don't have anything else to tell you.
Have you not also fornicated with someone you are not legally married to? Am not saying what she did is right .the deed has been done and she has learned her lessons.

13 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by barlou(m): 7:02pm On May 10, 2013
Since there's no money, hav a baby now and move on with ur life. lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by kenny987(f): 7:03pm On May 10, 2013
berem: Is it possible to do court wedding before traditional rites? Op i don't know which part of Nigeria you come from but i think you have to do traditional rites first before court wedding. white wedding should be after child birth.

U can hav ur court/registry marriage b4 trad, trad is not a pre-requisite at all. Since money is a problem 4 now, a quiet introduction and payment of bride price will suffice provided ur family is in support.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 10, 2013
sureteeboy: Marriage is honorable in all. And the bed undefiled: but whoremongers, and adulterers, God will judge > hebrews 13:4.

According to the bible, You can't have a child outside wedlock. You'll only be facing the wrought of God. The deed has been done already, (I mean the pregnancy).

Hebrews 13:4
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
4 Have respect for marriage. Always be faithful to your partner, because God will punish anyone who is immoral or unfaithful in marriage.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by greatgod2012(f): 7:06pm On May 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Do court marriage.it doesn't cost a thing.small amt.it will give u peace of mind too.

thank you, @op, with this, you have nothing to lose but a lot to gain, if not anything, your rest of mind.

However, when levels don change, may be after 5 or 10 years, you can now come and do "tunmigbe" with your hubby and your kids will be among your trains.
May God help youand all of us........ Amen

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by MzXtacy(f): 7:17pm On May 10, 2013
dasparrow:

as if u're perfect.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 10, 2013
sureteeboy: Marriage is honorable in all. And the bed undefiled: but whoremongers, and adulterers, God will judge > hebrews 13:4.

Judges dey o! Ebi like say they will do God's work for Him. Assuming 2% of d nigerian population were like this,we would hv bn movin forward! Unfortunately we hv to face reality.
We find it very hard to condemn but read d bible very well poster, no one is perfect and there will be none except d son of man. Hv u heard judge not so that u will not be judged?

7 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by sureteeboy(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2013
bengreat:

Hebrews 13:4
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
4 Have respect for marriage. Always be faithful to your partner, because God will punish anyone who is immoral or unfaithful in marriage.
do u think they are related to each other? That bible translation should be questioned
Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by sureteeboy(m): 7:22pm On May 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Judges dey o! Ebi like say they will do God's work for Him. Assuming 2% of d nigerian population were like this,we would hv bn movin forward! Unfortunately we hv to face reality.
We find it very hard to condemn but read d bible very well poster, no one is perfect and there will be none except d son of man. Hv u heard judge not so that u will not be judged?

If you read my post carefully, I didn't say God will punish him if he prays for forgiveness. I'm not judging him at all. I'm helping him find a way out. God is always ready to forgive our sins.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 10, 2013
sureteeboy: do u think they are related to each other? That bible translation should be questioned

Oga pls read your Bible well,fornication is a sin but that verse is not talking about fornication but adultery.

....And the bed undefiled. Untill you're married to someone you don't have THE BED-not a bed but THE BED- that shouldn't be defiled

1 Like

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by tspun(m): 7:26pm On May 10, 2013
did u forget to take ur pills or wat ? Is dis ur first time of getin pregnant ?
Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:27pm On May 10, 2013
Deliver ur baby & get married later. But make sure u 2 do d wedding as soon as u v d opp.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 10, 2013
Marriage first ,you don't have to impress anybody .

Even if it's a court wedding, just get it done, you can dedicate it later in a church .

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by okwutency(m): 7:36pm On May 10, 2013
It's better you get pregnant after marriage. God joined Adam and Eve together before they started procreating. So you should wait till you wed.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 10, 2013
okwutency: It's better you get pregnant after marriage. God joined Adam and Eve together before they started procreating. So you should wait till you wed.

So what happens to the baby she is already carrying? Answer sharp sharp!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 10, 2013
why should it matter?
i mean unless your Amish or something grin
Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 10, 2013
okwutency: It's better you get pregnant after marriage. God joined Adam and Eve together before they started procreating. So you should wait till you wed.

^^oh lord. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding by 2sa2: 8:00pm On May 10, 2013
How come no one is recommending abortion

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife / Kenyan Lady Exposes Maid Who Plans To Break Her Marriage To Become New Wife / The World's Largest Family Of 181 Members:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.