Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? (8965 Views)

Someone Paid Me With Fake 1000 Note. What Will I Do?? Pics!! / Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail / The Real Truth Behind Recharge vouchers Printing Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by mukina2: 6:00pm On May 10, 2013
Is Jumia Copying Konga's Initiative To Reward Customers With Fake Vouchers?

I recently received an email from one of Nigeria's e-commerce guys konga.com(which I have attached below) giving me a free 750 voucher because i haven't shopped on their website in a while, and I remember a Nigeria blogger @MrBankole writing a story HERE about how Konga is Krazy about Conversion funnels which got me really interested, and i topped up my konga.com wallet and bought the new Samsung S4 from their website.

In all this, there was one thing I wondered, and it was how Jumia.com would react to the brilliant idea from the konga team, and well, i have received my response.

The team at Jumia have decided to show how big their advertising budget is by doing the exact same thing konga did, which was to "re-target" their old customers, they however waited for a couple of weeks after Konga was done(probably not to be too obvious), and sent me this email below inviting me back to shop on Jumia and giving me a 3,000 voucher.
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1101998_jumia_copy_PNGa20aa96397629293b00d19494a2f9649[/img]

I went to the Jumia website and tried to use the coupon code "JUMIAQWW" to shop, and it didn't work!!, I tried it a couple of other times, and it still didn't work.

well well well, let's see how customers react to this. What do you think your readers would think about it?

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by 25omega(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2013
Most of these companies get money from you buying from them and for you just visiting their website so either way they win.

you should reach out to their customer service dept regarding the coupon code
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by gbokukueba(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2013
These guys are scammers... 3 weeks ago i paid for an item they didnt have it and kept tossing me right left and centre and giving options they still dont have... but i met one of their staff who looked into the issue quite professionally and resolved it in 2days but am not sure i can shop with them anymore sha.
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by Lovine: 6:37pm On May 10, 2013
Will try to buy from them
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by DICKtator: 6:41pm On May 10, 2013
mukina2: Is Jumia Copying Konga's Initiative To Reward Customers With Fake Vouchers?
Have you notified em of the issues that you currently have?
Why don't you put a call across to their customer service and lodge your complaint before you come here to seek subjective opinions from Nairalanders.
Don't ban me abeg, I didn't attend grammar school ooo!!!
grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by horlaar(m): 6:43pm On May 10, 2013
This jumia sef, au trustworhty are they?
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by Austyn316(m): 6:43pm On May 10, 2013
gbokukueba: These guys are scammers... 3 weeks ago i paid for an item they didnt have it and kept tossing me right left and centre and giving options they still dont have... but i met one of their staff who looked into the issue quite professionally and resolved it in 2days but am not sure i can shop with them anymore sha.
That is not enough to call Jumia scammers.
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by jpassion987: 6:44pm On May 10, 2013
well for me...i got a voucher code and it worked, i guess it may have expired. Jumia has been a great e-commerce firm in Nigeria and i must commend them for there credibility and dedication in making a customer happy.
Happy shopping

3 Likes

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by sammyyoung2(m): 6:49pm On May 10, 2013
grin
25omega: Most of these companies get money from you buying from them and for you just visiting their website so either way they win.

you should reach out to their customer service dept regarding the coupon code

lolz
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 10, 2013
DO THEY SELL GARRI?

10 Likes

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by worldbest(m): 6:54pm On May 10, 2013
Calling a company that was recently granted $26 million fund a scam website shows the level of your "mumuness"

2 Likes

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by blank(f): 6:55pm On May 10, 2013
This op na real illiterate. You are spreading false information.

The coupon CLEARLY states that it is for a MINIMUM purchase of N3,000 NOT that the coupon is worth N3,000. You need reading comprehension lessons.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by i1: 7:01pm On May 10, 2013
Hey Jumia and Konga are owned by the same people!

2 Likes

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by An0nimus: 7:01pm On May 10, 2013
mikeyhernadez: DO THEY SELL GARRI?
Receive ban NOWgrin

@Topic I don't do Jumia but like someone said OP shoud call the customer care first and get things sorted out.
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by SisiKill1: 7:10pm On May 10, 2013
mukina2: Is Jumia Copying Konga's Initiative To Reward Customers With Fake Vouchers?

The voucher clearly states the minimum amount in your cart should be N3000 for it to apply.

They are not giving you N3000...heck they didn't even say how much they will give you, just that you can apply the voucher to a minimum purchase of N3000. So it could very well be 1% off your total purchase OVER N3000.

Tricky wording on the voucher targeted at semi-literate buyers

2 Likes

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by gbokukueba(m): 8:10pm On May 10, 2013
Austyn316: That is not enough to call Jumia scammers.

Dude i dont want to go into details because one of ther staff intervened and ensured it was resolved. What else can be termed scammed? If you offer a product for sale and i pay you only for you to come back to me saying you no longer have that product that and gave me 2 other options. And i say ok give me one of the 2 you recommended, you came back again saying you dont have it and i say give me the 3rd one you recommended and you still say you dont have it. I checked your store again and i say give me thsi one am seeing and you still say you dont have it then you tell me you have one that is not even up to my first choice...
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 10, 2013
@ OP, Na grammar deficiency dey worry you.
I nor fit talk much, you should've just called their customer care to explain it to you in layman language since you no fit understand that simple shii.
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by steffans(m): 8:31pm On May 10, 2013
As far as am Concerned...
9ja is nt ready 4 Online Shopping!!!

U don't get wat u purchase.. Till after 3 weeks...
Wen I can jst stroll or drive down to d nearst mkt and buy d stuff!!!

We r getting der!!
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by ekwerendi(m): 9:42pm On May 10, 2013
no story
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by Godson201333(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2013
I will try jumia sometimes this week,I have been buying my stuff from an online store kaymu.com.ng,I was told its a new company just like e bay but they've got nice standard stuffs....and deliver in 2 days.
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by manny4life(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2013
worldbest: Calling a company that was recently granted $26 million fund a scam website shows the level of your "mumuness"

Is that Naira or $$$$ shocked shocked
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by cecegorz(m): 10:25pm On May 10, 2013
@OP
This is grossly a pre-meditated slander.
Why would you think a N5b company will want to tarnish his investment with 3k fake voucher?
You should have sent a mail to the support and hear out their response before going to the press. Besides you don't seem to comprehend they didn't mean to give you free 3k worth of gift, but that minimum of 3k purchase is what earns you the eligibility.
Alhaja Mukina Please take this fake news off the FP

1 Like

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 10, 2013
so nl has turned to slander. mukina2 , you mean that is your proof. just that?
might be what you just thought up, who knows.
then a tirade of abuses comes along.
this is why we will always kill our homegrown online
businesses
and its sad that nl is at the forefront of this.
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by Nobody: 3:58am On May 11, 2013
Have you heard about www.buyam.com.ng too, people are posting about their "awesomeness"... One day delivery.

Anybody heard?...
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:31am On May 11, 2013
If Jumia likes, let them send me N30,000 voucher. My romance with them ended last month. I bought and paid for 2 items and had to return one for some reasons. Filled their return policy form etc. I was tossed up and down for weeks b4 d money was refunded back to my account so never again. Few days later, they had d temerity to send me a Customer Feedback Form as to how I can rate their response to d issue I had!
Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by BTT(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2013
Well, everyone may blame the OP for slander, etc, but do you know this is big publicity for jumia. Imagine, front page attention on Nigeria's biggest forum without paying a dime to Mr Osewa.

1 Like

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by showby: 9:45am On May 11, 2013
rozayx5:

see wetin hunger do u. smh

See wetin ignorance put you. You probably don't know about penny auctions. They sell at very high discounts. Check quibids.com, bidcactus.com or use google.

1 Like

Re: Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? by Wahala90: 9:47am On May 11, 2013
I like penny auctions but they don't deliver items to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Falling Profits: Banks Plot Ways Out Of Bleak Year / Nigeria Generates $70bn From IT Investments / Ex-banker Jailed In UK Over James Ibori Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.