Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? (31608 Views)

Top 10 Safest Cities To Visit In Nigeria / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by Dreloaded(f): 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2008
its like asking me which area of New York is safe.

Westchester. cool

If you're talking of the boroughs of NYC, then Long Island "of" Queens doesnt have a bad reputation.

so there you go

as for Lagos, only God knows

move to Ibadan jare and enjoy peace! grin
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by lucabrasi(m): 9:37pm On Apr 25, 2008
@rasputin
dude,this is another dimension you v brough,r u saying theres nowhere save from armed robbery in lagos?i dont even mind going without light as long as its safe from robbery, how r bout blocks of flat on the island seeing as one will ave a measure of anonymity, are you a policeman or in law enforcement as u seem to have all the details of these robberies and can u pls share what areas are safe for these of us moving to nigeria
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by deor03(m): 3:57am On Apr 26, 2008

O ga Oh. Nothing dey happen
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by TCUBE(m): 4:50am On Apr 26, 2008
ikoyi-
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by rasputinn(m): 5:34am On Apr 26, 2008
@ Lucrabasi

I'm neither a policemen nor in law enforcement,just a "concerned citizen".

If you take a careful look @ the few scenarios I mentioned above,you'll discover that in about 80% of the cases,the victims took some basic security routines for granted.

Safety is of God,as the watchman will watch in vain if God does not watch the city.However God does not want us to be ignorant of the devices of robbers who really are agents of the devil,so read on.

There are a lot of estates,mini estates and blocks of flat with their own localised forms of security network,both on the island and mainland,but people should fashion out their own security plans and let those plans always be in their minds.

Before moving into an apartment in a particular area,you'll have to inspect the property right?this is when you should start,look for those maiguards within the neighbourhood and sound them out.Befriend them and find out from them how the area is generally security-wise,if they've ever experienced cases of robbery (armed or otherwise),if yes,how frequently and look out for a common M.O,as in does it follow a particular pattern.

If they've not recorded any or they've recorded isolated cases and you plan to move in,inquire about your neighbours-to -be,who they are,what they do for their living etc (we've heard of cases in which some landlords led robbers,I mean brought robbers to rob their tenants,same goes for tenants too),if they're okay by your assessment and you decide to move in,CHANGE ALL YOUR ENTRY and EXIT DOORS to steel doors will peepholes(I prefer the ones with tiny mag lenses for obvious reasons).Make sure your doors have multi locks to make them more difficult to open with master keys,allen keys(aka ashewo key),and steel lock chains/steel bolts to lock the doors from within may also be introduced.
If your security man/maiguard does not have a phone,get him one and give him clear instructions,some maiguards have tipped off their bosses about suspicious characters in their neighbourhood,the bosses in turn put calls through to the apt qtrs and bingo,the subsequent surprise raid yielded the arrest of prospective robbers who were actually "casing a joint".
Have unique codes that will alert your security man of your impending arrival so he ensures that you don't need to press your vehicle horn for him to open the gate and for him to make sure that when he opens the gate for you,no uninvited guests drive in after you.Be conscious of your surrounding as you approach home.Check out every body/every vehicle,watch you rear view.

Then,get in touch with the nearest police station/RRS,get to know some key personnel there like the OC surveillance or even the DPO,introduce yourself and tell them you just moved into the area and that you were informed of how they've been assisting residents in the area hence you will like to have the same assistance from them,exchange numbers.Once in a while I normally arrange something for the boys.With this they'll extend their surveillance to your area (both day and night),and should you have any reason to call on them,be sure to get a response.

Since you won't be staying indoors perpetually,don't be a creature of habit,viz don't be predictable,use alternative routes for your shopping,going to/returning from work,club,spa or general outing.At night,always watch your rear view,if you feel a car has been following you for a while form the habit of detouring to shake them off.You could get to a round about and turn round twice,of course if the car turns with you,then you drive staright to the nearest police station after making a call to RRS (YES WHILE DRIVING).

Hope the above will be useful,but there are some other tips that we will share when time permits

Have a blessed weekend

1 Like

Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by kenny2u(m): 9:11am On Apr 26, 2008
Men go with Magodo
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by rasputinn(m): 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2008
kenny2u:

Men go with Magodo

Mago-what? please,that's like festac too
In my book,most places in Los are okay,methinks peeps have got to take steps to enhance their personal security
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by lucabrasi(m): 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2008
@rasputin
that break down was awesome in fact i printed it out,but i bn told some areas are suseptible to armed robberies than others
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by creamkele(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2008
Omo there is no safe place in Lagos, but for now houses in Lagos hardly get robbed, except u are a prime target and that means ASSASINS.

So make u know say na God to save person.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by rasputinn(m): 5:54pm On Apr 27, 2008
@ Lucabrasi

Thanx man.Per the areas that are more sucseptible,we know 'em
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by Oskilala: 10:48am On Apr 28, 2008
The safest place in lagos, seriously is in the U.S.A (united streets of ajegunle).
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by israelite(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2008
I ve 2 options for u, i think some folks ar getting things mixed up there if u wanna live in a place where things fall apart like victoria island,lekki,ikoyi and so on does not guarantee maximum safty, but i dnt know ur financial abilty,if high and u need safty go to agege new okoba estate is very peacefull my uncle live there, if low and u need safty call me i will get u a nice place in mushin, opc is all around we have enuff boys in the street to protect ur ass from get whupped.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by denony(m): 1:34pm On Apr 28, 2008
I THINK AJEGUNLE IS THE SAFEST PLACE IN LAGOS.

IT MIGHT SOUND RIDICULOUS BUT THAT'S THE FACT.

EVERYTHING IS IN PLACE IN AJEGUNLE. IT'S A PLACE TO LIVE lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by bluehorizo(m): 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2008
@rasputinn

God bless you. I love the break down and they are so useful. Thanks man.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by dnative(m): 9:23pm On Apr 28, 2008
bluehorizo:

@rasputinn

God bless you. I love the break down and they are so useful. Thanks man.

I couldn't agree with you more. Give it up to posters like rasputinn.  They come out with very informative and well thought out posts that many are bound to find very informative and useful. A very obvious deviation from the normal oner liners - LMAO, na today,  smiley and other mediocre posts that abound on nairaland.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by bigben3: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2008
safety is a relative term,you must live a low key lifestyle and don't invite unnecessary attention to your self.most importantly you have to shine your eye and be security conscious lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by otokx(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2008
The Lagoon
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by Mugabe(m): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2008
it would be unfair for anyone to just conclude that there so many unsafe places in lagos.i think safety is relative.what then can you say about places like johannesburg that is an instrumental city in the almighty south africa.so it's indeed relative.relatve to it;s location ,popultion,infrastuctural facilities and a few other factors,i thing is not a bad place;especially with this democratic dispensation in place.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by UARESTUPID: 12:54am On Apr 30, 2008
[i]@ M.I, DONT MIND THEM. SERIOUSLY THOUGH I WAS THINKING OF WORKING IN P.H WHEN I'M DONE WITH SCHOOL HERE, LAGOS IS THE LAST PLACE ON MY LIST. COULD You ADVICE ME A LITTLE BIT MORE ON LIFE IN P.H, AND THE JOB OPPORTUNITIES.

WHAT KIND OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES DO I HAVE, I'M STUDYING BANKING AND FINANCE/BUSINESS ADMIN. DO You THINK I CAN MAKE A LOT OF MONEY, APART 4RM MY GOD AND FAMILY, THAT IS D MOST IMPORTANT THING 2 ME. AND AFTER TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION D COST OF LIVING, HOUSING, ETC DO You THINK I SHOULD GO AHEAD. FINALLY, WHICH PART IS THE BEST TO LOOK 4R JOBS, AND WHICH PART IS BETTER 4R LIVING. THANKS MY EMAIL IS STATED BELOW.

[/i]Ladyyesu_beauty@yahoo.com.au

@ MUGABE, SORRY 2 DISSAPOINT. SOUTH AFRICA IS CRAP. IT IS ONLY OVERRATED BECAUSE D WHITE GUYZ ARE INVESTING THERE SO THEY ARE MAKING IT LOOK LIKE IT IS ALL THAT. JUST LIKE JAMAICA, B4 THEY INVESTED THERE, THEY GAVE D PLACE MORE NEGATIVE ADVERT THAN AFRICA. NOW BECOS OF THEIR HOTELS AND EVERYTHING IN D CARRIBEAN, IT IS NOW PARADISE ON EARTH UNTIL THEY DECIDE 2 CHANGE THAT.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by amaikama(m): 3:24pm On May 05, 2008
Ijora Badia, Ajegule and the environs are safe heaven. u can live ur door wide open and no robber dare go in. the people there are good citizens who look after one another interest. statistics showed no armed robbery or disturbances for the past five years. the last i hear abot that place they were to give it an award for the best peaceful place in lagos. if ever you wanted a peaceful place, try Ajegule or Ijora Badia.

You will love it grin

No be peaceful place you want.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by LAKANYE(m): 5:49am On May 06, 2008
Everywhere used to be safe in Lagos in the 70s and 80s, except the Nigerian Police stations.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by baslone: 9:53pm On May 15, 2008
the suburbs are safe-try places like ajegunle,amukoko,orile,empire
-dirty areas though but they are safer than most of these highbrow places.

They are also lawless-free and cheap prostitution joints,drinks at normal prices
and free flow of marijuana.

The only insecurity you'll get in these places comes from the police.
But MEN OF THE UNDERWORLD, NO-They won't bust you.

You can try all this degenerating estates too like Shitta,Jakande etc Quite safe too
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by LAKANYE(m): 1:42am On May 16, 2008
The safest parts of Lagos before I left Nigeria used to be OSHODI BUS-STOP AREAS, and some parts of OJOTA/KETU areas. I don't know what it looks like after 15 years. I assume better
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by ikamefa(f): 1:50am On May 16, 2008
@topic try Munshi olosha " grin "

especially the akala, jebako cinema, awolowo market area! ! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by ty4real(m): 10:29am On May 16, 2008
I doubt if there is any safe place in Lagos oo,but you could try out Dideolu Estate for Ogba but for real I prefer Rock city esp.Ibara housing estate,Abeokuta but its under reconstruction now to make it more safer grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by opeoluwae: 5:38am On May 18, 2008
inside the lagoon should be safe enough grin
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by abasifo(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2008
1 LEKKI
2 VICTORIA ISLAND
3 WARRI
4 NIGER DELTA
5 A J CITY
6 OREL
7 UR STATE
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ET
C
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by Tonim(f): 1:30pm On May 21, 2008
abasifo:

1 LEKKI
2 VICTORIA ISLAND
3 WARRI
4 NIGER DELTA
5 A J CITY
6 OREL
7 UR STATE
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ET
C

When did Warri, Niger Delta & co become parts of Lagos ?
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by LAKANYE(m): 11:29pm On May 21, 2008
IS IT TRUE NOW A DAYS THAT YOU CURE "IGNORANCE" WITH AN OVERDOSE COMBINATIONS OF ANTI-MALARIA MEDICINES??
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by Sleekfun: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2008
Ajegunle is very safe interms of robeerrs ,just make freinds with the tout and u will be okkkk to live till u wish to goo.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by amylizzy(f): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2008
the suburbs are safe-try places like ajegunle,amukoko,orile,empire
-dirty areas though but they are safer than most of these highbrow places.

They are also lawless-free and cheap prostitution joints,drinks at normal prices
and free flow of marijuana.

The only insecurity you'll get in these places comes from the police.
But MEN OF THE UNDERWORLD, NO-They won't bust you.

You can try all this degenerating estates too like Shitta,Jakande etc Quite safe too

please get real.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by skipo87(m): 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2008
the safest part is inside a BRT bus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested In Cambodia For Overstaying Visa / ABU graduate dies on her way to her Youth Service tomorrow (photos) / BRT Buses Are The New Molues (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.